Reviews of Hotel Montree This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Dachauer Strasse 91, Maxvorstadt, 80335 Munich, Germany

#360 of 367 hotels in Munich

5.5

6.2

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The staff were amazingly wonderful to work with!

Rooms are tiny. Flushing the toilet was kinda iffy at times.

The staff were amazingly wonderful to work with! Kind and competent. The furniture in the lobby added to the whole experience. Lots of hot water. Quiet, too!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Won't be making that mistake again!

The room was tiny, the TV didn't work (even after they came and "repaired" it). The bed wasn't comfortable, the carpet was torn throughout the hallway to the room. Basically nothing about the hotel was worth what they charge except the breakfast.

Was only about 500m from the U-Bahn. The breakfast was reasonable for the cost.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

I lost my wallet on the day I checked in.

I lost my wallet on the day I checked in. Actually I put my wallet on reception desk. But the staff kept for me and he return to me on next day morning. He also found on the night around 2 AM as no one noticed my wallet as some how I put it at the corner of reception's desk. I thought I have left it on the taxi or somewhere. He is so nice and I forgot to ask for his name. I really like his attitude and friendliness. His duty is at night. I will definitely go back to that hotel when I come Munich next time.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Cheap, tiny, and in need for renovation

Rooms are very small. Conditions of bathrooms are bad (tapestry hanging from the ceiling). Very cold neon light in the rooms. No hairdryers.

Cheap price. Very good location directly at the tram that brings you in just few stops to the main station.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Perfect close to town!

We stayed here after a cancelled flight and the price was very reasonable. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean. We had a nice view over a rooftop garden. If only we had more nights here! Loved it.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Adequate hotel but overpriced

Very basic facilities, rooms/decor very old and in need of refurbishment. No other facilities (pool etc). Stay was very expensive at £900 for 4 nights. Even during Oktoberfest this is overpriced for such a basic hotel.

Friendly staff, good central location. Functional for a city break.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

disapointing

Wifi kept on dropping, asking for password and then refusing to connect, this is the worst hotel for free wifi in Munich

Good central location, price for hotel at this time was ok, i would not pay the inflated rates during oktober fest

Good value if a little shabby

Decor dated. Carpet fraying. Construction going on in hotel so smell of paint. Door to balcony didn't open properly

Location was close to hbf. Easy to find. Friendly staff. Balcony in room had view of a nice church roof.

Nice

Bed wasn't comfortable enough

Everything except the bed was fine, many nice caffes near the hotel. Especially was nice to find out that we had a balcony in our room, it was very nice to sit there sipping the champagne in the evening😊

Calor terrible en Karlsruhe

weather 36C room 46C NO A/C= Disaster !!! Windows open = Trams outside 24/7 No sleep!!

They supply a fan and earplugs Breakfast option good buffet choice for small hotel

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Basic, cheap hotel

Very simple room, had requested quiet room, but first floor overlooking Main Street. Extremely hot no air conditioning so had to have window open very noisy. No hairdryer . Friendly helpful staff. Adequate breakfast. Very good price so you get what you pay for .

well - not as expected.

the claim to have parking spaces. That is not fully correct. The spaces are extremely small and difficult to use - if you have a today middleclass car it is something like horror to use it. nontheless you have to pay a pretty good amount of euros for this.

No back ever again

Huge amount of money throw up the window. Rooms are old and dirty, broken mirrors,broken doors. We had pillows without pillowcase, bathroom was dirty with black mould. When booking the rooms u was told by the lady at the reception that parking is included but we end up paying 12 e per day . The other down point is for parking spaces which is sooo tight...but I suppose is a parking space at the end of the day. I would not rush back o lay 114 euro per night here Breakfast is not included and can be purchased at 8 euros per person They can hugely improve if they charge such prices.

Location is somehow good, 25mins walking to city centre, few shops around and nice restaurants nearby.

After all a reasonable stop for a night or two.

The furniture etc. are tired, balcony neglected and the doors to balcony are not working properly.

The room with the small balcony was quite peacefull, clean, and the bed with decent pillows were confortable. Good location.

Disappointing. Too much money for such conditions.

The walls were very dirty, it was obviously that the room hadn't been renovated for years. The room was very small, there wasn't much place to move and actually, the only way to get to the window was jumping over the bed! The TV-image was really bad. I haven't seen such a bad image in TV since the 80s.

It was clean

Very OK

Its a great small hotel and I managed to get a single room only for 32€. It the morning there was a guy playing on piano and everything was really friendly and feeling ok.

Description did not meet with the reality, but OK.

The room was very small and dated. Bathroom was even smaller. Fridge was unstable- wheel legs were broken. Cigarette burns in curtains and carpet.

Close to tram stop and great greek restaurant round the corner. Bed was comfortable.

Enough to sleep only one night.

Really small room, I had to cross the room through the bed because the fridge was stuck between the corner of the bed and the corner of the room. I'm possible to walk next to the bed

Overpriced, Dirty, unfriendly,

Because of a huge Messe in Town, this was the only available Hotel left in Town on short notice, checking prices during normal time and this time they increased their prices by approx. 500%, completely overpriced, with dirty rooms and unfriendly staff, I would have rather slept in car instead of using this Hotel. and I wouldn't recommend it at any time.

Functional and practical. Minor adjustments could may the stay better

Wake up service useless, the receptionists asleep so no call WiFi poor could not connect it to laptop No coffee or tea facities in room which would have been ok Could not get any English channels on the tv Breakfast ok but nothing special.. Continental style only dull lights incorrectly for o difficult to insert key. Difficult to block and lock rooms

Clean hotel. Staff was helpful in assisting me to get the right trains to the airport at 4am. Clear and concise Receptionist speak English Pcs available if you need internet connectivity on a big screen Lidl across the road so great for getting food Close to good travel links so easy tog t around. Night tram service

lower price of the room and the location .

The room was not ready when I reached the hotel after 12 . For a day the internet was down . The kiosks in the lobby were not working and I had to go and find internet cafe to take printouts.Breakfast was mediocre (no value for money there)

lower price of the room and the location . the location was close to the main station

It was a nice stay close by to TUM, where I was working. Two U-bahn stations 10min walk away.

The room didn't have a table to work on. I had to use the wooden "shelf" on the wall next to the bed. I was sad that they didn't have laundry service, but I actually managed without it. I thought the breakfast was too simple. Not a large variety, but I guess it's Germany so... basically meat and cheese is expected I guess.

I liked the room. It was cozy and the beds were together to form one. That was nice. I had a small table to eat on and a nice sofa chair. I liked the bathroom also. I loved the balcony of the room! That was extra nice! The room was pretty sound proofed which was an extra bonus! The location is fabulous!

Not good value for money.

My room was noisy. It was very small. Thin walls separatingthe rooms. Small towels. Plastic curtain in shower. No heavy curtain in window. Lights from main street was coming in the room through the night. Difficulty in falling asleep. Make sure you ask for a room not on Dachauer Str.

The location.

Another homey place.....

The wifi is not stable, but I think it is usual with many users. This is the only thing I want to be improved at the hotel.

It was my third time staying at Hotel Montree. This is an old building but well kept and you can see the old but elegant fixtures/decor around the dining room--something you cannot see in new building. The lady was very kind. She offered me a breakfast on the house once she learned I am a returning guest. It was a nice gesture and I appreciated that. The single room is small but well-equipped; the heater worked very well, with good hot water. The bed is comfortable; and the area is not too far from the main train station (3 stops). The tram stops are right across from the hotel so you need not be afraid to walk back and forth at night or in the early morning. Opposite the hotel is Lidl grocery store which opens everyday. Very convenient to get things you need. There is also a bakery across the street, where you can have bread and hot drinks whenever.

Situated not far from the underground and parking easy

Outdated and the room was falling to pieces. The wardrobe door was broken, the chair was broken, the wall panels were falling off and the curtains were not able to close properly.

Situated not far from the underground and parking easy

Very close to the city centre and Hauptbanhof.

There is no Wi-fi connection in the room but it was good in a lobby. Rooms really need full renovation.

Very close to the city centre and Hauptbanhof. There is the U-station nearby.

Good accomodation for cheap Munich sightseeing.

Dirty walls and tight passages in the room. Lack of main light (only one "hidden" behind the window curtains).

Comfortable bed. We forgot our hair dryer but they had some available for guests at the reception desk. In comparison to other hotels in this location relatively cheap price.

Quite an option to spend night or two while you enjoy Munich.

WiFi went down in the late evening and was fixed only in the late morning; furniture is shabby (but clean); soundproofing is poor - I heard bzzz from neighbor's mobile.

Location is good (tram in 200 meters, 5 min walk to subway, 20 min walk to central train station); room is clean; staff is helpful; bed is comfortable and linen is new and clean; look from the window to inner garden; big supermarket in the area. We used the room only to sleep in, and it's quite an option for that.

With dogs sleeping in the kitchen need I say more?!

Staff not helpful. Asked for soya milk and they told me I had to buy my own across the road. Staff didn't all speak English including on reception - hotel ad says that they do. Pretty hard to find anyone in Munich who doesn't speak English and they employ them here! Dogs slept in the kitchen - dog basket next to the fridge where I was "allowed" to keep my soya milk. Breakfast OK but on the 3rd day only half of what I was able to eat. None of the staff at breakfast could speak any English. Light in bedroom didn't work. Rationed to one small shower gel - luckily I don't have a lot of hair.

Only plus points were the guys on reception when we arrived and the rooms were cleaned daily.

Pathetic service and very unsafe place

WiFi was pathetic and was not getting any signal. On frequent requests, I changed the room but still, the internet was very bad. One very important thing is safety. One night I saw cops in the hotel and they caught a guy from the hotel. This was very scary as that guy was staying in the same hotel. I think its a very unsafe place to stay. I will never recommend this place to anyone. I request Booking.com to give me some compensation for such bad services.

Did not like anything. total waste of money. Booking.com should remove such kind of hotels from the list.

Convenient and centrally located budget hotel in Munich

I have not tried the breakfast Walls are very thin and other guests were noisy It smells of Chinese rice

We have just slept in the hotel during our stay in Munich. The hotel is centrally located, 20 minutes walking distance from the railway station and with lots of public transportation stops nearby. The bed was very comfortable

Good if you need a place to sleep when you spend most of the day out.

Room was a bit too small for me, but I took the small room as a trade-off to get a large size bed instead of twin single beds.

It's ok for a place to bed down. I only spent a night there, so can't really say much more. WiFi was reliable, which is good.

Montree Munich

Dirty walls. Very small to move around if theres more than one person. Cleaning lady knocking on the door when you are still in there.

Good Price. Close to the town center. Plenty of shops nearby.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The lobby is quite nice and the staff is very friendly.

The facilities like shower, tap etc are pretty old. There was no hot water in the tap and the window in the room was supposed to be properly isolated.. except it wasn't. It was very difficult to keep the air in the room warm without boiling your blood. The carpets on the floor and the curtains had a LOT of dust, which made it difficult to breathe in the night. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone who suffers from respiratory conditions - I had to fight an asthma attack by the end of my stay and my friend got allergic reaction too.

The lobby is quite nice and the staff is very friendly. The location is great too - the whole of central Munich is within 10-20min away by public transport.

Bad

Everything apart from the dining area to which I was not welcome

The staff were very keen to give me a receipt, when I paid for my room up front. However, the room was tiny, with broken lamps and looked very worn. The staff seemed put out because I had paid too cheap a price, by booking online (up to €102 per night with no breakfast) and when I went to the dining room, I was told that I should not really go because I had booked a room only. However, it was ok if I paid €8. Breakfast consisted of a couple of bread rolls with a cup of coffee, though the dining area was quite nice - probably the best part of the Hotel! My room was very noisy, with paper thin walls so I could hear the guests in the adjoining rooms when they breathed. Altogether, probably the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at! There is more to running a Hotel than printing out a nice receipt for your guests!

a nice property with very helpful staff

room was small and I could hear my neighbors talking

staff really friendly and flexible with client inquiries . i arrived a bit earlier at the property after a long night flight and they allowed me to check in earlier and as well to provide me with an quite room ( as i am really sensitive on noise) although the hotel was fully booked. they are really helpful in providing recommendations on things to see and directions. hotel is very close to the city centre , and if avid of art , its only 8 min walk to the best museums / art galleries in Munich. Room was tidy and clean.

Good price and location, not more

The rooms are poor: the carpet is red, old and long haired. The furniture is old. The electric installation is old. Shower curtain cannot prevent water spaying out.

The property is well located, walking distance from the university and at a tram to the railway station. Prices are good. Bath room worked well.

The staff was helpful and friendly.

The bathroom was small and cold. The television was a little old and it made an annoying sound/noise.

The staff was helpful and friendly. Near to a tram stop, so it is easy to move to the city center from there.

It is good for the price and location.

The bed for two people was of 2 combined separate beds with wheels. They were moving. And the door of the room was a little bit broken.

It was in a walking distance from the main rail and bus stations (15 min) and from the city center. The location was in a friendly neighborhood and there a lot of supermarkets around it and bakeries.

It’s small, but it’s clean, quiet, the bed also comfortable.

WLAN connection is really bad in the room, even need to go out the room to get connected...

It’s small, but it’s clean, quiet, the bed also comfortable. Geographical location is also good to go anywhere!

I would not recommend this hotel in any case

The hotel is very old and cries for renovation. The room was extremely small (no way it is 14 square meters as claimed in the description). For example the mini-fridge's door can not be opened freely since it is blocked by the bed. The bathroom does not seem small but trying to close the door: you should kinda squeeze to do it. The walls are covered with some marks. The soundproofing is nonexistent - you can hear everything from other rooms. WiFi - well, there is a network called "HotelMontree" but the connection is very unstable. Not to mention bad smell in the bathroom. The staff also screwed up my payment and the issue was resolved only by my direct talk to the manager of the hotel.

The only good thing was a mini-fridge in the room. It is also close to Pinakotheken and some other museums.

5.6
    Although I asked for a quiet room when I booked, it faced...

Although I asked for a quiet room when I booked, it faced the street in front of the hotel which was very noisy at night. The window did not help to keep any of it away.

Not a great hotel at a good location.

Rooms smaller than advertised. Very poor internet connectivity in the rooms. No complimentary drinking water. Broken wardrobe doors. I could go on and on.

Good location. Close to public transport.

Close to Octoberfest and Near train stations.

Close to Octoberfest and Near train stations. Taxi to main station just 6 euro. we walked everywhere.Tram in front of hotel. room very small. shower was nice and clean linen. a bit noisy in the morning. if you're on a budget and don't mind. a bit expensive...would rate it 60/80 euro a night

It was a place to stay - nothing else

Room was terribly ventilated - no extractor in the bathroom. Glad I wasn’t there in July-August. Very basic

Some staff were great - others were very grumpy

Very dated

The room was very dated and needed redecorating. There was graffiti, the mirror was broken and the electrics were dodgy.

The location was easy walking distance to central Munich.

Overall not great would not stay here again.

The room was not what was said it would be. The beds were hard and uncomfortable, and the bathroom was poorly designed. They did give us enough towels, and the overall stay in the hotel was not pleasurable. The amount I paid was not worth the stay.

The location of the hotel was in a decent location.

Pretty close to city center - 15-20 minutes walk + safe...

They first gave us a room that had the door broken and was full of mold on the walls. When the receptionist came to check it he looked surprised of the condition the room was in but agreed to change our room. The room we received after was better, meaning the door was not broken and there was no mold on the walls and there was even a 3rd bed but the bathroom was very strange, the shower head, for example, was glued in one place and could not be moved at all plus it was leaking.

Pretty close to city center - 15-20 minutes walk + safe parking at a fair price.

The shower was big and comfortable.

I booked double bed, but there were two single beds pushed together. So for pair it was not very comfortable, because there were space between. There was not free parking. We paid 12 euros for garage.

The shower was big and comfortable. It was clean and nice. The city center is near, so it is easy to reach it on foot

poor facilities no space stff is not helpful

no facilities mentioned in your site. ex. telephone is out of order and they are not willing to repair or replace it instead they said telephone is not used now a days. ultimately they change the room since we request continuously. No iron or ironing board. They give us an iron on sharing basis with another customer . no ironing board as well. Bathroom amenities are very poor and did not put soap and body wash every day. No space to move in the room . There is fridge but cant go to use it since no space. When we asked about these , staff is very badly address to us. One young male in the reception was very rude to us.

breakfast, wifi, access to metro

Staff were very helpful in front.

Better lights.Bit old fashion decor.

Staff were very helpful in front.Rooms were cleaned daily and my room was cosy with a big bed.Internet and TV were super.All in all a very pleasant stay with very friendly and helpful staff.

Overpriced hotel for such quality

Generally the property is well situated whoever for the rate which they charge per night in comparison with its quality the hotel accommodation is not worth to buy . Non welcoming reception area, small rooms which rather looks like cheap student dormitory. Worn-out furniture. In comparison with Myanmar hotels which I visited recently I wouldn´t expected this quality in Germany for such price and location.

Cleanliness and bed sheets + towels nicely white.

A nice stay

Rooms on the Dachauerstr are noisy when the window is open.

Very nice staff. The rooms (2 singles and 1 double) were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was delicious.

Good value for money for a short stay

Bathroom was clean but really tiny - as in knock your elbows on the walls tiny.

Stayed for one night for a concert that took place at the Olympiastadion - good value for money and a good connection to the venue via public transport. Pretty close to the main station. Grocers nearby. Friendly staff and the possibility to purchase sodas when we came back parched late at night. Decent breakfast for an additional 8 euros.

1-Star Hotel at best...

There was so much not to like including the rats running outside where we parked our bicycles. The room I was first given looked like someone masturbated on the wall...I thought I would never have to write that in a review. There were spider webs in lamp shades, molded walls, delapidated wallpaper, hard beds, broken lights, thin doors (noisy), and more. The second room was better but not much. Couldn't cancel or I would loose my money altogther. My girlfriend thought it felt like a brothel and can agree it smelled like old wood and a grandmothers 1960's cleaning products. Seriously disappointed because location was ok but whoever gave them a higher rating than 1-Star should be fired. We have more pics but it's not worth uploading them all...just don't go unless there is no room in the park to sleep. -The Tuth

The staff tried to please the guests.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

I like the furniture arrangement and its complete including...

Toilet flush not working well. Beside, the hotel near to the road and the car and train sound abit noisy.

I like the furniture arrangement and its complete including big the morror i like it

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

It was ok, not extraordinary, not bad

The curtains were very thin and the room was bright very early on the morning. We had problems with the shower.

The hotel is very well located and we can easily walk to the city center.

Quite bad services for a significant price. Not worth the money!

The room, especially the bathroom, was full of ants! This is not acceptable for 70euros per night! The cleaning was awful and the elevator did not function must of the time. The room was not ready at 3PM even though the check in time was 2PM.

The bed was comfortable, however, i did not like the other services. The location is also useful.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Good location, the staff is ok.

Tiny rooms, awful bathroom (too small, shower was leaking), thin walls(no sound isolation at all), old furniture furniture

Good location, the staff is ok.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Did the job for one night, would stay again! Value for money.

Nothing really, heard the room next to me for a bit, so not sure how thick the walls are, but I was so sleepy, it didn't really matter.

I was only staying for a very quick visit, I arrived late and had an early start the next morning. The reception staff seemed helpful, they offered breakfast, however, I had to leave at 6am. The room was basic, clean and did the job for one night. Would stay again if travelling to Munich for a few days.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Basic old well located hotel

It was the tiniest room ever, I must jump on the bed to get the curtains. No completely black out.

The bed was comfortable, the staff gentle, good Wi-Fi (1st floor!). The room was clean and the surroundings quiet. It is an old facility but being in the middle of Munich you can't get anything cheaper than 60€ for the usual basic Hotel comforts (not worthy a penny more).

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Not worth what it costs

On the last morning there was no hot water so I had to take a freezing shower (I tried calling reception but the phone did not work either). Also there was a strong light from the hotel sign coming in through the window all night long (curtains did not cover it).

Friendly staff and clean room.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Alright, but I wouldn't come back

Towels didn't seem very clean. The shower was horrible (the whole bathroom got wet due to the poor courtains and the support that held the shower steadly was broken). The staff was extremely unfriendly.

Location was good because it had good access to public transport. The wifi worked pretty well.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The room was for two people and we as a family expected to...

The room was for two people and we as a family expected to have one big bed, but got two single beds disposed closely to each other. Sound-proofing was not at all, we could easily hear neighbours speaking and using bathroom

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Location is only a plus

Room is very small, I'd say it is around 5 square meters. It was first time when I felt pressure. Staff knocked to my door when it was saying "Do not disturb" and asked my to pay immediately full amount upfront! And it was paid actually for 2 weeks upfront already, but they need to take another 2 weeks payment right now. Ridiculous.

Very good location. Some guys on reception are super friendly but not all of them. It has a garage for a good price.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Convenient to Munich Altstadt and Transport

On Booking.com sound-proof rooms and smoke-free rooms are listed in the description. I had very loud people next to me who were loud until after 11pm. They also were smoking outside my room, so that I couldn't have the window open for fresh air and I had to close the curtains so they couldn't see in.

Convenient to Munich Altstadt, transport, restaurants and supermarkets.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Munich

Small room - had to climb over the bed to access the window. Television was poorly tuned and had only German channels. Telephone in room didn't work.

Quiet. Big, comfortable bed. Good WiFi. Convenient to transport and shopping. Try the Raffus Wirtshaus nearby for great food and ambience.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

THE houseboat experience, complete with a well equipped bar

It was pretty cold below decks at night. But hey, it's a houseboat.

The atmosphere was quite special, definitely an oldschool feel with a houseboat complete with a bar. I highly recommend this for couples.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

No sound proof room

Rooms were too small.. And outside traffic vehicles sound was getting inside.. Which created lot of disturbances..

Clean and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

the location close to public transportation and to the...

the noise from the street

the location close to public transportation and to the center

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Location is good

Room is very small

Location is good

the terrace

the noise between the rooms

the terrace

I have paid cash € 8 for the breakfast.

I have paid cash € 8 for the breakfast. The hotel charged my credit card € 8 also

No AC or fan.

No AC or fan.

Very good

No air condition

They clean the room every day