Reviews of Hotel Pension Arta This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Kaiser-Friedrich-Str. 63, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10627 Berlin, Germany

#104 of 107 B&Bs and Inns in Berlin

5.7

5.9

5.2

5.5

4.4

Great old building.

Every floor creaked as we got settled late, I felt we were making too much noise. No air conditioning (to be expected in this kind of historic buildings) but luckily huge windows and it rained that night so we slept with them open. But without that it would be very stuffy.

Great old building. Plenty of rooms and the staff. Staff was very helpful to get us rooms as we are a group of 17

• Double Room with Bathroom

If you have larger than usual car, leaving the underground parking might be tricky (narrow gate). But more than that if you don't ask, you can leave parking only when the reception person comes to work (9am), so have that in mind, when you plan leave early.

Overall a good place to sleep if youre broke and want to hang out in berlin, but beware of mean staf
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

The staff is extremely unfriendly. When we were leaving the room to give back the keys we werent even greeted, we were just told to give back the keys (no goodbye or anything). We wanted to hangout in Berlin a bit more so we hoped we could leave our luggage at the hotel for a few hours but we were told "no" without even saying sorry or explaining or anything. We dont really need to be entertaibed but a basic level og human decency with saying hi, bye and thank you does not seem like a lot to ask. We didnt even get the room we requested (we wanted ato double and we got three seperate beds so we couldnt even sleep ob the same bed). The private bathroom is being used by the staff to wash the towels so thats kind of weird but not a huge inconvenience.

Its set in a great neighbourhood with numerous asian restaurants and an sban station nearby. Its cheap and gets the job done if all you need is a private room for sleeping. The rooms do have a bit of dust and dirt in some places but i havent spotted any bugs or spiders so its not too bad.

Wifi was good.
    • Single Room with Bathroom

Area the hotel is does not look comfortable. It seams every room door has the same key, at least my room door was opened by the key of other room and the hotel key and my room key was the same. It made me unsecure.

Wifi was good.

The hotel is only one half of the top floor in an old...
    • Double Room with Bathroom

The hotel is only one half of the top floor in an old apartment building. The room was cold by the time of our arrival cos heating was nearly turned off. We didn't succeed in heating it up during the whole stay cos of the ceiling that was too high. Old secondhand-like furniture is not worth of talking. The worst is the receptionist there. And old always pissed off guy who came to our room taping at his wrist with watches it's about to go half an hour before the latest moment. Not recommended!

Awful. Would not recommend to anybody
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

I have been charged an extra fee of 20 euros because of arriving after the hours of the reception. On the website it says that the reception is opened from 7 to 20:00 and that if you arrive later you should inform them. I wrote in my check in details that I will be arriving at 00:00 and when I got there he told me that I have to pay a 20 euro fee because the reception was closed. There is no mention of this fee on the website. The next morning when I tried to explain to him that I have thoroughly searched the website and had not found any such kind of charge he told me to get out because he is busy and consider myself lucky that he let me in so late and allowed me to pay the extra 20 euros for my room.

No security system!! Thieves are welcome
    • Double Room with Bathroom

The staff, I’ve been stolen in the corridor, no cameras no nothing, they haven’t cooperated with me or the Police. Be careful there ppl. No security system!!!

Location near Messe

OK location, but not my first pick.
    • Double Room with Bathroom

Expensive car parking and hard to find someone to help. No staff at bali. Beds were not made, we stayed 4 nights but never got clean towels.

Held hostage for $45 late arrival fee when it was authorized
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

Rudeness of the Owner manager! Owner/Manager was informed and authorized a late arrival at 22:45 but when we arrived he refused to open the door! Actually there was no answer at all! Another guest thankfully let us in and let us use her phone to calll Booking.com. Booking contacted him and he then opened the door but after Booking hung up tge Owner demanded an extra $45 for the late arrival fee! He refused to refund the room charge and refused to give us a room unless we paid a $45 fee as he said he was inconvienced!! Also- the Property has Absolutely no Fire Extinguishers on the 5th floor and no safety exits! Internet is so slow it is impossible to use Skype!

Avoid !!
    • Double Room with Bathroom

- this is NOT hotel, it is several old flat connected together - bathroom is NOT in the room it is in corridor - in the bathroom it is 5 washing machine s and dryer - Internet not working at all - on check in, we wait 1 hour in front the door for owner ! - we don't get requested invoice

The welcoming and hospitality are poor. No people skills. No good communications skills.
    • Double Room with Bathroom

The owners came to the room before check out 3 times, even did not knocked and opened it. Was very rude. No wifi in the room, just in the cooridor where the only sitting place is steps. From 49 euros (advertised price) we ended up paying 55. Plus extra 12 euros to check in 2 hours earlier, no negotiation.

Walk away !!!!
    • Double or Family Room with Shared Bathroom

The pension is located on the top of a building where hallways and lift look dirty. The reception is bad : I haven't my invoice when I have paid (neither after), the person wants to have my signature on a document only written in german language (I couldn't understand so I refused to sign). No body was present when I checked out at 8:00 (the time is fixed between 7:00 and 11:00). The room is very old (paints, the carpeting is dirty, no light close the bed). Even if I have double glazing, the room is noisy and the floor shivers when trucks are going in the road. I couldn't use the wahsbasin in my bedroom (it looks in disorder since a long time). Then, the bathroom shared with another rooms has only one washbassin functionning. The toilets are located in this bathroom and you should put into a litter to all your toilet tissues. In brief, you surely have a better location elsewhere.

only the wifi is good.

I was travelling with my family, including 2-years old twins.
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

I was travelling with my family, including 2-years old twins. We were supposed to get "family room". Unfortunately, we had to share our single beds with babies.... We arrived at 6.30 pm and the room was still not ready. We are totally disappointed 😞

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

4.4
    The location close to U-bahn.
    • Double or Family Room with Shared Bathroom

We had problems since the very beggining. When I was making reservation approximately 10 days before my trip to Berlin, the Booking system allowed to "choose your arrival time" with no extra conditions, therefore I chose between 22:00-23:00 as my bus arrived at 22:15. Few days later the manager wrote me an email where he charged me 10 Euros for beeing there waiting for me because he is closing at 10 p.m. When I called the booking helpdesk they told me there was nothing they could do for me and it was up to my and the manager´s agreement or cancel with full-price payment. When I tried to call the manager (in English), he just ended the call with statement "I do not have time for this". Maybe someone had good experience but I do not reccomend this accomodation IF you want to come to an agreement - it is just not possible; or IF you travel to Berlin late at night. My experience was just not so good. Good luck.

The location close to U-bahn.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Not worth for the price
    • Double or Family Room with Shared Bathroom

No breakfast!! There was no one at the desk whom we can ask for breakfast. We had to go out and have breakfast though we already paid money. The bed was broken and that was real surprise!

I like the cleanliness of the room. The bathroom is big and clean. You can watch TV and the place is near the station. There are some good restaurants (chinese, indian, turkish and auch German) and supermarkets nearby.

Dreadful Experience, Very Dirty with Rude Staff ! Stay Away !

Cannot be classed as a hotel, you go into a long filthy hallway to the elevator, the "hotel" is on the 5th floor!.The Carpets are dirty, the staff very rude with poor english. God forbid there would be a fire as there's no way out. No signs stating emergency exits anywhere, the lift looks like it can break down at any time. The area is a rough area with men urinating in front of you on the street. On our last evening, there was a camera crew filming a horror movie in the street outside the "hotel" ..says it all really!!

Leaving the hotel!

The location is good, near the central.
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

It's not the hotel, and there no staff there to support you in needed. It looks like a room inside a apartment, that's all you have.

The location is good, near the central.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

When we arriveded at 3 o'clock in the evening we saw...
    • Double Room with Bathroom

When we arriveded at 3 o'clock in the evening we saw hotel door was look!!!a bout 1 hour we stay at the street. You never find someone if you need the help in the hotel. Wifi was owful and sometimes we had it

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

WORST HOTEL!!! Stay away !!!!!
    • Double Room with Bathroom

The whole experience from the check in to the check out was horrible. The man at reception is rude, does not attempt to speak any English and did not even explain that breakfast was served upstairs (I had to figure it out myself on the 2nd last morning of our stay) The photos are very misleading and the room was tiny! The bathrooms stunk really bad also. The man in reception tried to charge me 20 euros for dirty towels? And said I needed to wash them myself.. Very disappointing stay because Charlottenburg was so beautiful!!

There was nothing good to say about this place. I highly recommend avoiding this hotel at all costs.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

value for money is not bad but something needs to be correcteed that I want to go back
    • Double or Family Room with Shared Bathroom

could be cleaner in the room, one open bathroom for 8 rooms on this floor is not ehough!, standard and ventilation of the bathroom is not sufficient, sink in the room not efficient.

not far from railway station and to bus station, a lot of space in the room, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Good for a short stay in Berlin
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

We wanted to pay for wifi but the reception seemed to never be manned at all so it took us 4 days to get wifi (and also that it was paid wifi!) A little far to walk into town but close to a U-Bahn which can get you there within 10-15mins

Big room and comfortable. Breakfast was simple but tasty. In a good area with lots of restaurants and shopping areas.

Extremely dirty!
    • Double Room with Bathroom

Extremely dirty! No facilities.

I've payed in cash and didn't receive money back.
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

I've payed in cash and didn't receive money back.

Spartan
    • Double Room with Bathroom

Very spartan. No AC. No access to staff.

Location, access to public transportation

The worst hotel in berlin
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Dirty, old, no service and very unpolite

small room, no wi-fi

small room, no wi-fi

recommended
    • Double Room with Bathroom

Too hot in room if day is sunny

• Double Room with Bathroom

The staff was rude and unfriendly. The service was slow. Old fashioned lift. No cleaning provided. Towels not changed, neither the bedsheets

very friendly owner of this pension, he makes everything...
    • Large Family Room with Bathroom

internet was very bad.

very friendly owner of this pension, he makes everything like we wanted.

Extremelly disatissfied, rude staff, scary building, a mouse...
    • Double or Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Extremelly disatissfied, rude staff, scary building, a mouse in the house...

Was unprofessional by all sides
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

Was unprofessional by all sides I wanted to see the room and he asks me to pay first then he can show the room ..

Bad experience
    • Double Room with Bathroom

WC outside of room where there were six washing machines, small beds, room in second level accessible by stairs

No breakfast at all.
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

No breakfast at all. Very dearty, old and not comfortable place.

It is worth it to stay at Night.

It looks a little Old!

Good if you are on a tight but otherwise avoid
    • Double or Family Room with Private Bathroom Next Door

Difficult to gain entry first day. Seperate bathroom from bedroom

Cheap and good location

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

private but separate bedroom, had to leave the room every...

private but separate bedroom, had to leave the room every time. couldn't have a coffee in the morning. Very expensive for what it is!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

reapir your rooms, was horrible

the bed was katastropha

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Location was good

Location was good

Fine place to sleep, not so for much else
    • Single Room with Bathroom

WiFi didn't reach my room.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

don't use this hotel

everything

The WiFi didn't work in the room and cost €9.
    • Double Room with Bathroom

The WiFi didn't work in the room and cost €9. No staff at reception most of the time.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

No one take care you
    • Double Room with Bathroom

No one take care you And the room is big difference from the photo . No elevator and you have to clime everyday . Not recommend

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Nice place to stay
    • Large Family Room with Bathroom

Great location, easy to reach U-Bahn, no problem with parking, quick and easy check-in and receiving all instruction from the staff

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

The breakfast was decent, also the stuff was friendly (we...

Wi Fi signal was really bad, we were not able to connect in the room.

The breakfast was decent, also the stuff was friendly (we are speaking German very bad, but it was not a problem), it is near S-Bahn station.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

The location is considered to be convenient.

The paid Wi-Fi is very unstable. Indeed, it was not working at all on the last day. Very disappointed as I was not able to do any email and booking for my next destination.

The location is considered to be convenient. Easy to access to S-Bahn. Breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

- location was suitable for us

- nobody at the reception when needed - staff not speaking English - needs general refreshment, even though it was cleaned, the room made the impression of not very fresh or tidy - Wifi not included

- location was suitable for us - lots of fast food options around - close to the S-Bahn - we got breakfast at 7.30 when we asked for, although the 'official' breakfast time was from 8. - no problem with heating, hot shower etc, all worked well

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

The room was a great size and the breakfast was also great,...

On arrival there was no one at the reception desk - I had to find a guest to help me call the receptionist to come and check me in which I found highly unprofessional. The internet cost and extra $6 (which came with no tax receipt) and there was absolutely no signal in the room - we were not given a refund for paying for internet. Overall the price of the stay was far beyond what we received.

The room was a great size and the breakfast was also great, and overall the hotel was clean.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

Good breakfast.

The carpet in the shared bathroom was got wet by somebody we didn't know, but the staff insist that it is we made it wet, and attempt to let us to pay 3000 EUR for clean it. That's quite ridiculous. We were not in the hotel during the day. The rooms are old and dark. The position is good. The breakfast is good. The old lady in the kitchen is very kind.

Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Affordable.

We were not very comfortable walking around in that area of the city. Some of the streets were quite dark and we had to go quite a distance to find a German restaurant instead of fast food or pizza.

Affordable. It met our needs for an overnight stay between flights.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

Breakfast were very good, easy way from highway, close to...

Parking cost 12 euro according of staff is not easy to find parking place which is not true, we found the parking in 2 minutes. Paid wifi 3 euro is ok if it is working but evening and night was not working only early morning. Shouldmto think about fix the place a bit, change tv, better beds.... Pictures on booking looks much more better than in real....

Breakfast were very good, easy way from highway, close to the center.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The position in quite Good

Very dirty and very bad looking - worst conditions found in Germany so far . Wifi was written it was included but is was not - made me pay and wifi was not working ! Stay away from this structure !

The position in quite Good

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

The location is near S-Bahn so you can travel around easily.

There is no air condition which is intolerable in summer. If you book the room with private bathroom next door be ware that in one of them the bathroom is full of dryers and wash machines so it will be share between the landlord and you. The internet signal is weak in my room so I am suggesting you not to pay extra money for the internet or at least check the signal before buying it. And the breakfast starts from 8 am so you can not leave the hotel sooner. I don not know why it is called hotel, for me it is more looks like pansion. But it is more or less nice place.

The location is near S-Bahn so you can travel around easily. Also the breakfast is fine. I cannot say that it is the best breakfast that I had but it is fine. The bed is comfortable and towels are clean. And it is quite so you can sleep well. The price is also fair and it is cheap.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

Location was good, 5 mins walk from S-Bahn Station, Had a...

WiFi signal in the room wasnt strong. Reception is not open before 9:00 and after 19:00-20:00. There was hardly anyone who could guide us travellers in the reception like other hotels.

Location was good, 5 mins walk from S-Bahn Station, Had a good spread of breakfast, spacious accomodation, decent stay.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

Beds were comfortable and room is spacious.

You may as well not have wifi, cut in and out so frequently you'd load something and only half a page would load. Not sure what how small the people this apartment was intended for, but we pretty much had hand towels for drying ourselves off with after a shower. About 50cm x 30cm. The breakfast staff were very kind and welcoming. At reception, not so much. We were told not to make the room messy with our luggage? Example being don't put your clothes around the room. Not sure what this meant but when you live out of a suitcase pretty sure you only have one option. Location isn't great. It is in the outskirts with a more diverse mix of ethnicity which is cool to experience, but it's hard to find a variety of places to eat close to the hotel. It is very long train trips to get to the centre, between 20-30mins one way which also through a spanner in the works.

Beds were comfortable and room is spacious.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Nothing at all.

Rude staff, no shampoo , no soap , asked for extra towel denied, mattress in poor condition, will not recommend to any one.

Nothing at all.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

great localization, tasty and big breakfast, clean and...

no chance to check-in before 12h

great localization, tasty and big breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

The patio, breakfast and the staff

The patio, breakfast and the staff

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

FALATA LIMPIEZA Y FALTA DE ATENCION PERSONAL DEL DIRECTOR.

FALATA LIMPIEZA Y FALTA DE ATENCION PERSONAL DEL DIRECTOR.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Difficult to check in after hours.

Difficult to check in after hours. No staff in office after 6 pm

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Good location near to U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations.

No air conditioning. VERY hot room on the top floor of an apartment building.

Good location near to U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations. Good Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Location is good for reaching airport and city center.

No free internet. Soap and towels came to our room next day.

Location is good for reaching airport and city center. Breakfast was good.

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Pension Arta traveller photo gallery