2. Germany hotel reviews
  3. Berlin Federal State hotel reviews
  4. Berlin hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Messe am Funkturm

Reviews of Hotel Messe am Funkturm This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Wundtstr. 72, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 14057 Berlin, Germany

#544 of 596 hotels in Berlin

Based on 2088 hotel reviews

6.1

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

Good location near U & S stations.
    • Comfort Double Room

The room initially assigned had very strong smoking smell! And the receptionist on duty couldn’t speak English. We had a hard time explaining to her on the smoking smell!

Good location near U & S stations.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

good value for the money, clean and comfortable, no luxury

No complaints.

It's a simple place. either to work or not spend too much money on the travel. I went there for the purpose of work at the Expo around the corner. The value for money is very good. the breakfast is rich for the price level. The staff was always friendly and helpful when I asked questions or needed my luggage stored till late. The room I was in was actually a 3-bed room, so no complaints about room size. It was cleaned well every day.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Good tradeoff between price and service.
    • Comfort Double Room

It will be worth to include vegetables as part of the breakfast alternatives.

Simplicity of the whole check-in and check-out processes. Comfortable room, bed and facilities. Really helpful location when you just arrive at ZOB and easily access to S and U public transportation service. Perfect coffee for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2018

Close to the S-bahn station and good connection to the airport. Not for a longer stay though
    • Comfort Double Room

The beds are really uncomfortable.

It is close to S-bahn station. We only spent the night there and went to the airport in the morning, so it was OK for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Breakfast is good.

The room assigned to my family is not good. We smelled cigarette smoke for the whole duration of our stay. The room was hot when we closed the window and when we opened it to have some fresh air, the cigarette smoke is going inside the room coming from the smokers outside the ground near the entrance door of the hotel.

Breakfast is good. The receptionist is accommodating.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

Decent stay

Reception only operates between 7.30-23.00 Could do with a bit more cleanliness

The staff were helpful. Breakfast was decent. Room was spacious enough.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Good choice to for a night, close to Berlin ZOB.
    • Comfort Single Room

The entire place needs renovation, really. The hotel is next to a very busy street. Fortunately I was staying there by the end of October, so, I slept with the closed windows. There was no AC in the room and sleeping with an open window in the summer time could be an issue because of the traffic noise.

The hotel is very close, 5 minutes walk from the Berlin ZOB, thus, it is very good location if you are travelling with regional buses. It is easy to find it and it has a good value for money if you just have to spend one night in Berlin. However, I would not recommend it for a longer stay.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Hotel is near S bhan, but if you want to go to center direct...
    • Quadruple Room

Hotel is near S bhan, but if you want to go to center direct, beter chouse U 2 bhan, 5 min walking from hotel. Hotel is very good for cheap variant. Breacfest is very good, tasty cofee e.t.c It was very good deal.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

This property is fine for only one night stay.
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff was extremely rude for no reason. The beds provided were extremely terrible.

This property is fine for only one night stay. It's location is great especially for commuters. The breakfast served was also fine.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

2 minutes from the exhibition center.
    • Comfort Double Room

Booked last minute, during Innotrans, possibly the last room in Berlin under 300 euros a night, I know, my fault. I am neither surprised nor particularly annoyed about being overcharged, yet there is a fine line between squeezing a lemon and squeezing it so hard that instead of juice you get the oil from the peel. When you pay 209 euros for a "Comfort Double Room, Private shower and toilet in room, single occupancy " you do not expect to land in a sort of flat, in a room with 6 single beds (but only your single bed made up), your private shower across the corridor and your private toilet (separate from the private shower), again across the corridor. I totally understand the supply/ demand opportunity, I do, yet, if you squeeze a lemon too hard, you might get more juice, but you also risk to hurt your hand.

2 minutes from the exhibition center.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Breakfast was very nice.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Entire apartment has an old look. We hear wood cracking when we walked on the floor. Room was nothing fancy. But it was cost for money.

Breakfast was very nice. There weren't many items but the available breads and cheese were sufficient. Room is very close to an S-bahn station and Flixbus station. We didn't feel like we are missing anything by not staying in the heart of the city.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Cheap, clean, great location.
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff a bit unsmiling and always busy and nervous. Strange smell from time to time in my room. And I think it'd quite cold in the wintertime because the windows are old and allow a lot of drafting.

The location is excellent! Half of a minute to the S-bahn station. The hotel is very clean but needs a bit of renovation.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Horror!
    • Comfort Double Room

No heating and no information about lack of heating up front. Very dirty,bedding we got was covered with poo/ blood! Eating area not tidy either.Worse experience ever!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Just a hotel near Berlin Messe
    • Quadruple Room

Fair quality-price ratio, so no complaints here.

Great location, close to Autobahn A100, S-Bahn and Berlin Messe. The room was suprisingly quiet! Finding a parking space around (the hotel has no own parking lot) was not a big problem. Besides - just a hotel in a tenement house.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

location is perfect, lots of restaurants in the areas and easy access to different transportations.
    • Comfort Triple Room

The pillows were not confortable at all. there was work going on in the building, so very noisy at about 7h30 AM. The staffs are always very serious( no smiles.)

the location is perfect, close to S, U band and buses, which makes it very easy to go to places. We got a very large room with bathroom. The breakfast was good to start the day. We got all the important informations needed.

basic but perfect for this price
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast basic but good. Room clean. The hotel very close to the S-bahn station. Perfect for short stay if you do not need stay in the hotel for most of you time in Berlin.

Ok Hotel Near Railway Station
    • Economy Single Room

Just let you know they take the full amount as a deposit and then you pay again the full amount when you get to the hotel... which is kind of weird but... they do return it... also the rooms are very small, as are the toilets and showers... you wouldn't want to get out of there in a hurry...

Hotel staff friendly... good wifi... train station very close... some nice cafes around... very small little room... might need to speak some German if you book a room though...

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great location near to Messe Berlin and subway station. Bathrooms are very small.
    • Quadruple Room

The first room offered faced the highway and was too noisy with the windows open. As there was no airconditioning provided, I had to have the windows open but couldn't sleep. Thankfully, the staff left me change room the following morning. The bathroom was very small and cramped so not suitable for big people. The pillow was too soft to sleep on and there wasn't another extra pillow.

Location was great. Wifi was great. Staff were helpful even though they didn't speak much English. Breakfast was pleasant but not fantastic

Good location, friendly staff, very cheap.
    • Comfort Double Room

Old appartments builded to hotel. This is a realy old looking hotel with basic commodities. Noisy room and creaking floor.

Good location, friendly staff, very cheap. Good matrass and pillow.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The location was good and it was a great value, it...
    • Six-Bed Room

The building was a bit dated but the room and bathroom were very clean.

The location was good and it was a great value, it accommodated our family of five in a single room.

The bathroom was super clean and I liked all the towels we...
    • Comfort Double Room

A little too expensive for the size of the room.and considering we were next to a pretty loud street and there was construction work going on

The bathroom was super clean and I liked all the towels we got. Breakfast was awesome as well. It was a little difficult to get anywhere as the sbahn lines near the hotel weren't working properly for some.reason that day

Was a nice stay ..we enjoyed it very much..although it was a little far from the city center
    • Comfort Triple Room

A little far from the center but Messe Nord train station was only 30-40 m. far from the hotel, we couldn't use it properly :) And U bahn was only 300 m. away

The staff were excellent and the breakfast also. Yes staff were very helpful , kind, polite and was speaking at least two or three languages fluently

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Although there was a shared bathroom, it was very clean and...
    • Economy Single Room

Although there was a shared bathroom, it was very clean and I had the impression that I was the only person who used it that night. You are given a key to the bathroom and the separated toilet. In the room, there is also a sink and a mirror.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

90's style budget hotel in very good location
    • Comfort Double Room

Some minor inconvenience: - No hair dryer - No vegetables for breakfast - Poor wi-fi, losing signal all the time - One electric socket located near the bed, the second one a bit further - so if both of you would like to charge the phone at night and have it close to the bed, then it may be problematic

+ Perfect location, very close to the bus station, few restaurants and lovely park in the nearby area + Friendly staff + Very clean + There is an elevator in the building

• Quadruple Room

From the booking and description provided on the booking.com page in room facilities is mentioned shower in the room (even with the pictures included). Unfortunately this shower and toilet wasn't in the room, it was shared bathroom outside the room. This was important for us to have private bathroom. Information on the page is very misleading.

Location Comfortable beds, Nice welcoming lady in the reception Basic, but delicious breakfast Late check-in.

Friendly staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

The space between shower and toilet is too narrow which makes it difficult to step out of the shower.

Friendly staff. It all looks a bit old but it's clean and great value for money.

Good for one night
    • Comfort Triple Room

The room was without air conditioner. We opened the window but then we heard noise from the street. The breakfast wasn‘t bad, we expected more vegetables and hot dishes (not only eggs). It wasn‘t much nice when we heard how receptionist talked with the personal.

The location is amazing - 5 minutes from ZOB. Also, there was a possibility to check-in earlier (we made that at 8 am). The personal (except the receptionist) was helpful and polite.

Location is great, it is next to the train station, very...
    • Comfort Double Room

The building is too old and fusty, the inside stinks, the infrastructure is very old and my power adapter got burned. We wanted to check a room and chat with somebody, which we realized later that this is a kitchen. The lady inside the kitchen opened the door angrily, she was so rude and pissed off with her gestures, she spoke in German and we understood nothing, she shooed us like we were criminals.

Location is great, it is next to the train station, very easy to find.

Not a good hotel, impossible to park the car
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel is spread over one floor in old residential buidling. The entrance is old, dirty and absolutely not welcoming. You can not sleep in the night, because either it´s too hot if you close the window or it is too noisy from the adjacent road when you open the windows. We will never return to here again. The advertised free parking nearby is a joke. It took me 30 min. to find a place to park the car on the street with 15 min. walking distance. We didn´t try breakfast as we had to leave the hotel to the airport before they opened.

we selected the hotel only for the location, which suited our plans

My family got a room while I was parking the car, got to the...
    • Quadruple Room

My family got a room while I was parking the car, got to the reception and tried to ask the lady working what room she gave my family. RING THE BELL! was her answer... Rude and unfriendly lady.

Good breakfast, nice location just close to the S-bahn and...
    • Quadruple Room

The receptionist when we checked in (14.00 h) was not much friendly. No one of the personel greeted us even once. But they readily helped me print out a document.

Good breakfast, nice location just close to the S-bahn and U-bahn and bus stops, our room was fortunately quiet, it was very clean, basic facilities.

Bad Customer Service.
    • Comfort Double Room

When I arrived on 24th June 2018 around 10 am before the check-in time, the receptionist asked me to fill up the form. After I filled up the form, the receptionist just ignore me and I just sat at the reception area for more than 1 hour until the receptionist come out from her office even though she was aware that I already finished filling up the form. If the room is not ready, at least she can recommended me to keep my luggage in the office and then come back again later when the room is ready, instead of kept me waiting for more than 1 hour in the reception area. The receptionist finally told me after approximately 1 hour wait that there is a room available for me, I just have to wait for another 30 minutes for them to clean the room first. I only stayed at Hotel Messe am Funkturm for 1 night, the next day I checkout early at around 9:15 am after breakfast, I then asked the receptionist who was working on the 25th June 2018 in the morning if I can leave my bags in the office since I will be back at 12 O'clock to collect my bags because I need to catch my bus at 1 pm, she then asked me whether it is 12 pm or am, I said 12 pm, she then pointed out the A4 paper size print out that they stick on the door showing 07:00 - 23:00, I said I come back at 12 noon, she said midday, I said yes I'll be back during midday, and then she said to me, so you come back at 12 am not 12 pm. I started to get confuse, anyway I just told her that 12 pm is midday and I will be back in the next 3 hours. When I come back around 12:15 pm to collect my bags, she started telling me that she googled pm/am and she explained to me that there was a difference between American, Australian, and UK English, I said all English are the same, it just some words are spelled differently. Anyway, I don't really have time to argue or explained to her in details the difference between AM and PM since I need to catch my bus at 1 pm.

The location, just next to Berlin Central Bus, Messe Nord S-Bahn and the coffee

Wouldnt stay there again

Noise from music till 1am from apartments, very loud- its only on one floor of the building the hotel the rest is residents, maid service sporadic and no change of sheets in 8 nights , staff rude only one girl was nice and helpful others were v grumpy, dont stay here if your british- it caters for germans and they hardly speak any english even a hello wasn’t forthcoming, breakfast apalling - not even a toaster - tea like milk and coffee not nice , wifi ok in certain areas /rooms/ parts of rooms , no kettle in rooms and no drinks to be taken out of breakfast room ???? So only can get a drink during breakfast times

The hotel is situated in a very old building and the wifi...
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel is situated in a very old building and the wifi provided by the hotel is very poor and doesn't work most of the time. The room and the toilets are very small and there is no AC or fan in the room. The toiletries weren't refilled in the subsequent days. The only good thing is, the hotel is located right next to the station.

The reception is very helpful.
    • Comfort Double Room

Small size of the bathroom

The reception is very helpful. We arrive soon in the morning. Althogh we have to get the room at 14 o'clock, but after talking with the reception, she immediatly prepare our room and allowed us to stay in room because we are so tierd. I would appreciate the teception.

The location is very accessible from the airport and just...
    • Comfort Double Room

The location is very accessible from the airport and just walking distance from and to the bus station. Nice toilet and bathroom. Beddings are clean. The building is quite old but it looks like the interior is just newly renovated. Buffet breakfast is nice.

Good value for money.
    • Comfort Double Room

Excellent location. My request to an early check in (10:30 a.m.!) was readily agreed to. Staff was very helpful and made some good suggestions about the places we should visit during our one day stay. Rich breakfast.

If you are not sensitive (like me), it is worth its price.
    • Comfort Single Room

Old hotel ( a renovation required), loud (especially, in the early morning, rooms close to the kitchen), bad smell from the toilet (a sofisticated fludhing device)

Price

Good location near train station and nice park by the lake.
    • Comfort Double Room

Old and stinky building, beds are flimsy but new. No shampoo for guests only soap bar.

Good location near train station and nice park by the lake. Many restaurants around.good breakfast.

Location is OK in terms of transport affordability.
    • Comfort Double Room

Terrible service, staff is very unfriendly. Somebody took our private items when we were away from the room and we spent a lot of time and energy to get our stuff back.

Location is OK in terms of transport affordability. Food was OK, though exactly the same breakfast every morning.

Super convenient location and good value for money.
    • Comfort Double Room

Squeaking floors and not enough tables in a breakfast area.

Very nice location, so close to bus station. Also liked that we could bring bikes into our room for safekeeping. And of course very good value for money.

Cheap and nothing special
    • Quadruple Room

Noise was quite strong-we could not sleep with the windows open. Since hotel has no air conditioning, it's probably quite difficult in the summer... We missed fruits and vegetables at the breakfast.

Good position-close to the S-bahn and U-bahn. Nice mexican restaurant in the neighbourhood.

Very good location of the hotel, 2 minutes walk to S Bahn...
    • Comfort Double Room

Simple equipment and poor breakfast. I would appreciate vegetables

Very good location of the hotel, 2 minutes walk to S Bahn station and 25 minutes to the city center. The hotel has met our expectation, good price for this service, very pleasant staff. Good choice for overnight stay, no more.

Very mediocre - managed for one night, but would not stay again.
    • Comfort Single Room

*The bathroom was ridiculously small, and when the toilet flushed, it came up in the shower basin and smelled of sewage. *The room had a run-down look, with the material split on the sofa, and tired curtains which looked dirty. *There were not enough sockets in the room. *All the TV channels were German. One, at least, should be British or American. *The internet seems to be restricted - it would not allow me to access most of what I need to, to be able to work. I could only work from the room when I turned-off the wifi, and used 4G. This is not good, and means that I would never use the hotel again, and I could not recommend it either. Everyone I know that travels regularly needs to work from their hotel room, and therefore need full internet access.

Breakfast was included in the price. Hotel is very near to the tube. The windows opened. The bed was comfortable.

i would not choose to stay again in this hotel.
    • Quadruple Room

we checked out at 7.30 am , unfortunaltly our bus was cancelled and we came back at 8 am and asked for the room , but they said we already checked out and they could not give the room even though the check out time was 11 am.

very limited breakfast. only brown bread was available. the staff was not friendly.. they did their duty , thats it.. not a word more or a smile or even a hello.

Basic hotel with good transportation connections.
    • Comfort Double Room

Non smoking room next door to people smoking and the smell was strong☹️ The entry into the main building wasn't very welcoming.

Loved the accessibility to transportation. The rooms had new updates and were pretty sound proof.

Overall Ok.
    • Quadruple Room

Staff was quite unpleasant from Check-in. During our absence in the room, staff was changing a piece of furniture and thrown personal belongings to the floor.

Overall Ok. Considering the price it was good.

Overall ok.
    • Quadruple Room

Staff not too welcoming. During our absence in a room, stuff was changing a piece of furniture for new and have thrown personal belongings to the floor.

Overall ok. Considering the price it was quite good.

Coveniently located economy hotel with average facilities
    • Comfort Single Room

The attached bathroom was so small that you cannot close the door while you sit on the toilet cubicle. A room freshener was provided in the bathroom as it often stinks badly. Amongst the toileteries provided was only a couple of small soaps, however, the cleaning staff was kind enough to give a shampoo on being asked for it.

The hotel is situated in a very convenient location, right beside Messe Nord Rail Station, less than 5 minutes walk from the Central Bus Station, less than 10 minutes walk from Kaiserdamm Underground Station, and surrounded by many Kebap shops, Asian restaurants and other convenient stores. The single room provided was spacious with a big enough single bed.

Good, but still same brekfast, little room, but clean and...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Better mattrasses and more space in in bathroom :). But for this price, it is perfect.

Good, but still same brekfast, little room, but clean and with all what you need, daily cleaning. Perfect placement 3mins from ZOB, 1min from kebab and 24/7 shop. You can leave your luggage on reception when you leave later.

Well, the motto of this hotel is: "So what do you...
    • Quadruple Room

Well, the motto of this hotel is: "So what do you expect for this money?". The facility/furniture is very old. Matrasses are too old/soft/thin. My major issue I faced, was a loud music until 3am. I occured alone with my problem, because the hotel does NOT have night shift and no emergency night phone number. I had to call/deal with police by myself. Next day a receptionist told me that they are a small hotel and they don't see any fault from their side. No excuses of course.

Very close to the fair and to transportation so logistically...
    • Comfort Double Room

Really very basic. In understand that during the fair everybody increase prices and Germany is expensive but.... it's really basic.

Very close to the fair and to transportation so logistically speaking very good. The staff is welcoming.

Awful. Would not recommend this place to anyone!
    • Comfort Single Room

The so-called bathroom stank of sewage. You practically had to climb over the toilet to get in the shower! Very small washbasin. The room was very dated! The window needed fixing! When the window was open it was very very noisy from the traffic and the railway station. The bed was just bearable! Very unfriendly girl at the reception desk!

Nothing at all!

Poor and disappointing quality hotel but great transport connections.
    • Comfort Double Room

Fresh coat of paint and doors that do not resemble prison cell doors. fix floorboards so they don't squeak every step you take.

The breakfast was OK but not the best we have ever had. And I was very surprised that beds were very good, but floorboards very noisy plus bathroom tiny.

Our room was located on the opposite side of the main noisy...
    • Quadruple Room

Equipment of the room could be better - no fridge, no glasses, no hairdryer, no slippers.

Our room was located on the opposite side of the main noisy road, so it was perfectly calm. Clean room, also new renovated clean bathroom, including set of towels. Little old fashion and not really new furniture - basic but OK. Basic breakfast, nothing special, good value for money paid.

Basic but clean and comfortable, right next to the bus stop.

For the price - nothing.

Perfect location if you're taking an early bus. The room was clean, continental breakfast was fine and the staff were helpful. It's basic and the lobby and entry is slightly shabby but it ticked all our boxes for a cheap stay and we walked next door to the bus stop after breakfast.

Excellent location, 100 m from the train station, 400 from...
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing. If I were looking for more quiet rooms and higher standard, I find it in other hotels in an different price.

Excellent location, 100 m from the train station, 400 from the ZOB station. Large and tasty breakfast, the best I've ever had in Berlin hotels. Rooms modest, but clean, with private bathrooms and comfortable beds. Very helpful personnel. The best price to quality ratio I found in Berlin.

Good value for money but make sure you get the right room. The staff is friendly and polite.
    • Quadruple Room

The rooms are not all reliable (see my other description).

Big difference between rooms. We were first showed a room that was crammed and smelly and it overlooked the railway station so it was noisy too. The other was spacious and clean on the opposite side of the building with a balcony too. It was wonderful (see image).

Very good
    • Comfort Double Room

The room with twin bed is a bit narrow and the charging points are not enough

The location is perfect, near to the bus station and railway The hair dryer was great Staffs are friendly Nice breakfast

Very near to the Messe Nord station, The reception lady was...
    • Comfort Double Room

Very near to the Messe Nord station, The reception lady was super friendly and very kind. I highly recommend the stay if you are travelling from bus(Munich ZOB station)

Nice
    • Comfort Triple Room

There was no cattle and it was very uncomportable (we were with a one year old baby), really old hotel and no lift.

Big room, available baby cot! Nice staf - receptionust has spoken 3 languages (german, english, russian).

good location, nice staff
    • Comfort Double Room

It was the second time when we arrived to the hotel after the check in time and....the room wasn't ready. First time (maybe a year ago) we had to wait, now they offered us a different room (smaller and without bathroom door). We agreed because we didn't want to waste our time in Berlin.

good location, nice staff

Rough'n'ready accommodation. Pretty convenient and practical. Nice staff too.
    • Economy Single Room

Honestly speaking, nothing to complain. The room is quite small, however; I was aware of. You get what you pay for. Besides, it was not an issue for me, but, bear in mind, the toilette and shower facilities are apart of the room and shared with other guests. It is ok for one night stay.

The location is perfect for the ones who would like to stay as close as possible to both Berlin Messe and the central bus station. It is very convenient and the staff was friendly enough to make all the necessary arrangements for a late check in.

Perfectly fine after a long flight, but not a comfortable base to explore Berlin.
    • Economy Single Room

The hotel itself is a bit shabby and a depressing. My room was as basic as you can get. The shared bathroom facilities are claustrophobic. The lobby area is nearly non-existent. The staff was courteous, but lacking warmth. I would not have wanted to stay for more than one night.

The best thing about this hotel is it's location. It is very close to the S-Bahn and the main bus station, which was my chief objective. However,I will say that the breakfast buffet was generous.

No internet in my room.
    • Comfort Double Room

No internet in my room. When I spoke the reception. They told me the hotel is full. I don’t know what’s the relationship between the internet and the hotel is full !

The Location was next to a busy street, so it was very noisy...
    • Comfort Triple Room

The Location was next to a busy street, so it was very noisy the whole night. I couldn't sleep through the nights since I needed to keep open the windows.

Upset.
    • Economy Single Room

The staff is not really friendly, I arrived there early and sat there for 30mins and no receptionist at desk. I felt confused so I came to ask a lady and she is the receptionist there. Too many keys for using: main door, key room, toilet, bathroom => 4 big keys to keep and if lost: 20€. And the keys are difficult to use; I was stuck outside for an hour at 3am until the bread delivery man came and opened the main door.

the location is near Berlin ZOB so it takes 30min by tram to get center.

nice place to stay for a night
    • Comfort Single Room

Well, let's be honest, place was last renovated probably 30 years ago, but I slept very well in my room.

I would call this a hostel more than a hotel, but value for the money was great, it includes breakfast, Really close to ZOB.

the room was standard, clean, spacious and comfortable,...
    • Quadruple Room

the building is a bit old and the the entrance not so impressive, however the rooms are clean and spacious

the room was standard, clean, spacious and comfortable, nothing to complain about.

likely to stay again if Berlin hotel prices remain extortiant during IFA .
    • Comfort Double Room

very basic accommodation but clean, breakfast is adequate.All hotels in Berlin are expensive at the IFA trade show time so prices here are relative. No bar or restaurant but a reasonable Mexican eatery is downstairs. I would stay here again but don't expect a Hilton!

location to Berlin main exhibition centre, it's directly opposite the hotel.

Perfect stay!

Absolutely no issues.

I went here with my mother. We absolutely liked this hotel. It was very simple and basic but it had everything we needed. The breakfast might have been too basic for other people, but for us it was more than perfect! They had eggs, cheese, cream cheese, meat... We aso liked the room, it was very spacious because they gave us a quadruple room :) It was very clean. The bathroom was very small, i mean REALLY small, but we did not complain about this. We were able to successfully use it without any problems. We also liked the fact that it was very close to the S-Bahn station. I mean it was like 50m away....

I didn't know they serve breakfast, it was a nice...
    • Comfort Double Room

Extremely small room. The room was barely the size of my bedroom at home, and in the same space was bathroom as well. Own bathroom is always nice, but when you need to jump over the toilet seat to get to the shower, it gets tricky. Also you won't be able to close the bathroom door if you are bigger than 185 tall or your feet are over size 42... :D Wifi password you had to ask separately, also not everyone spoke English. Also some trouble with understanding their German speaking as a outlander. Hotel was probably runned by a Russian family.

I didn't know they serve breakfast, it was a nice surprise. The quality wasn't maybe top of the class, but they had it. The room was also quiet at all times, even when there is a highway and tram-stop right under the window.

Berlin, under the shadow of Pergamon!
    • Comfort Double Room

There is lack of facility and comfort in the room where I stayed at least. The hotel has been combined with an apartment. in the entrance of both there was really smashing odour. I think where should be waved by air-(current) every day. Other lack of the room was that the heather (radiator) was not working. It could be worked at least in each evening because of the cool weather as 9-11 degree C. Others are OK. but I think the hotel circumstances could be upgraded little more than that I was experienced and paid.

Staff communication and their help, cleaness and location are good for me. Besides it is good one around the city cube for the meeting. I looked for little comfort in the evening because of a busy meeting day during the whole trip. It could not be vital for anyone who comes to Berlin for fun or summer vacation. That area where hotel located was quiet. Public transportation is really busy (so good) there for anybody whereever wish to go. Some stuffs for breakfast and utensils were clean and adequate. I did book the hotel which sells cheaper than those located around Citycube at the time when the meeting being held.

Kind staff but uncomfortable room due to big noises from neighboring house/rooms
    • Quadruple Room

The Wifi signal is weak due to the wall, so more AP needs to be installed in the room or corridor. I could not sleep over the night because a neighbor continued to talk loud and make noises all the night. I tried to call the landlord because the hotel front was closed, but I could not find any contact phone number. The landlord has to leave his mobile number or phone number.

Staff was very kind and the hotel is located in convenient access from the airport.

Breakfast was good, although the variety of food was not...
    • Six-Bed Room

Breakfast was good, although the variety of food was not very well. too many gests on a too small dining area for breakfast. staff was very friendly and quickly responded when coffee pot needed to be refilled. definitely will come back again when nice Berlin is on my itinerary.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Hotel Messe am Funkturm traveller photo gallery