Reviews of Hotel Primus Frankfurt Sachsenhausen This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Große Rittergasse 19-21, Sachsenhausen, 60594 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#168 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

Average hotel, nice neighbourhood, excellent staff.
    • Queen Room

Parking was very difficult. They only had five spots on site that were not available either nights during our stay and they are first come first serve. Parking in the neighbourhood is mostly unavailable unless you are a resident with a tag. All other free parking is almost always taken throughout the day.

Location was good, lots of restaurants near by and nice to walk the area. Staff was very helpful and explained what all the parking signs meant. Room was very clean but smelled a bit like smoke.

Simple but nice hotel. Good location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

An ok hotel for a few nights. The room was clean. The location was great -- 10 minutes walk to the historical center, 1 minute walk to a street with plenty of pubs.

Good Location!
    • Queen Room

The internet was very bad, which was one of the most important thing for me, because I am freelance and was supposed to work form there.

The location could not be better. The room was clean enough. There were restaurants around. There was a person 24h on the reception.

Location central to cathedral and stations.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

room smelt stale. net curtain probably not cleaned since it was put up. receptionist sent me one way to catch the s-bahn, I found another shorter and easier way, I informed him and he told me he knew this bit it was difficult to explain to a foreigner, as an experienced traveller this was poor service.

Location central to cathedral and stations. communication before arrival very good, very grateful I could check in early to

Noisy: my room faces a small bar with open terrace and the...

Noisy: my room faces a small bar with open terrace and the insonorization is not fantastic. I could also hear the conversation of the people in the room on the other side of the corridor.

The location is pretty convenient -- I walked to most places...

I didn't like that the booking ad suggests that there is parking available when in fact there is only a very limited number of spots that actually need to be booked in advance. None of them were available to me when I arrived, not even for a fee. This situation should be more accurately reflected in the description of the place. Also, the towels could have been cleaner -- one had a lot of hair on it.

The location is pretty convenient -- I walked to most places I had to go to in downtown Frankfurt.

The location was good.
    • Queen Room

TV was not working. Staff were lazy to even talk to you and would only nod their head saying yes/no. The toilette/bathroom could be more clean or smelling nice at least. No view at all, even though the receptionist said "I'll give you a room that faces the yard". Maybe the yard for him means the parking lot. Did not suggest any attractions or must see sightseeing, even though it was obvious that we were tourists. Also, very dim light that the room (even after I tried turning on every lamp there was)!

The location was good. Relatively good value for money.

The location is good,not far from train station and city...

The hotel facilities are too old. It should be improved.

The location is good,not far from train station and city central.I like a point of the room, that is the view of outside window. The room is warm in the winter and the light in the room is warm too. Anyway, it's not bad hotel though it's too old. It seems like built in 1970s and it's 3 stars hotel.

The room was clean and the bath was really good.

They asked me paying extra money for city tax. When I'm paying via Booking.com I expect to pay everything online.

The room was clean and the bath was really good.

Nice stay in the city of skyline.
    • Queen Room

The room are quite impersonals, and the breakfast is just too expensive, I can't tell how is it, we didn't try it out.

The room was spacious with LCD 📺 and a lot of channels, and the bathroom perfectly clean. The receptionist correctly speaks English and we done the check-in pretty efficiently. Location is perfect, close to the party center with plenty of restaurants, bars, clubs.

Everything is perfect, I booked last minute, so the price is...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything is perfect, I booked last minute, so the price is really good. Even though I have to go to the ground floor to use the toilet, I just transfer for one night so it´s not a problem.

Value for money , Great location

I wish there are more light in the room. The elevator stop only 5th floor but my room was in the 6th floor so I need to carry my luggage to 6th floor by stairs. The parking fee was 1o Euros per day

I have booked for the triple room ,The room was very big and comfortable. The heater was big enough to keep the room warm

Unexpected tax of 2€ per person per night for non-locals. Night shift staff didn’t speak a word of English which was very stressful when checking out and trying to catch a train to the airport. Booked a room for two which was supposed to be a double and single bed. Received two single beds we couldn’t push together. Had to walk through an argument between staff and someone booking in/checking out. Immaculate bathroom but once opened shower doors were dirty and broken, so ones of us had to hold it shut while we showered.

Great location. Check in man was very helpful.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I had a problem with reception and they didn't want to help me. We were at -2C outside and my heating didn't work. I noticed the first night but I couldn't mention it until I arrived the second nigh at the hotel. The guy from the reception told me that the the man who arrange the heating had been in the hotel during the morning and answered me in a very bad mood that I should have told him before. I answered that if reception was 24h opened I supposed I could tell it whenever I want and ask him to move me to another room. After discuss with him, he checked it but he answered that the only available rooms where with high quality and he couldn't change it. I continued discussing but he didn't want to help me. He's final answer was that I checked again to see if miraculously the heating was working. I was very angry and dissapointed. The rest of the personal wasn't very much kind that this guy. About the cleaning, I found a lock of hair in the shower. On the other hand, I neither recommend the breakfast.

Good value hotel close to the centre of Sachsenhausen
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I had a single room with shared toilet which could have been nearer but not really problem.

Excellent hot shower and radiators - important on the cold nights. Sachsenhausen Apple Wine taverns within a couple of minutes walk. Decent size TV - 32" Comfortable bed and sufficient storage room in the wardrobe

Facilities
    • Standard Triple Room

The door of the garage was closes After 22:00 Limited parking places without number It must be a place for handicap person The door of the Shower are very old

Facilities

I am not gonna repeat.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was with a private toilet. “But” I had to get out of my room (lock it) go through another door, reach my private toilet, unlock its door. Then do it in the reverse order to go back to my room. All is just to have a pee in the morning??!!! Sorry but I would not call this as a “room with a private toilet” although technically it is. This certainly has advantages over using a public toilet in the street, but doesn’t make you feel like you rented a room with a private toilet. I’ve arrived 2 hours before the check-in time. My room was ready; but they asked for 15€ extra for early check in. When I asked why, staff told me that they can technically rent the room for the next hour!!! I had to stroll the streets for couple hours until about check in time while my room was ready and available. Interesting business strategy, I’ve never witnessed such a tactic before.

Price was good. Nice restaurants nearby. Breakfast lady did her best to serve. Room and “private toilet” was clean.

It's good property to stay for one night when you want to catch early morning train as the main station is 3 mins by

The fly in the room is just terrible. furniture is old and there are gaps in between bed and back side wall which is dirty or not got cleaned for long time.

Reception and checking in very fast and good. The staff is very supportive. The morracan receptionist was very helpful though I forgot her name.

Reasonable but a little out of the way ......
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Toilet for the room is quite far away, at the other side of the corridor. Staff at check in not too friendly.

Despite the room being a little tight, the shower is still within the room.

Very close to the center and zoo Frankfurt.

Hotel is too old: door in the room without normal electric key, door have crevice between door and floor that’s why all day and night u can hear everything what’s going on outside.same situation with the windows.too small bathroom.and rude men on reception. And we booked room for couple but they give us room with separated beds.

Very close to the center and zoo Frankfurt. Normal price.

It s was correct just for a place to sleep in rather central area.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

TV didn t run. Staff was correct but not really interested in helping.

Local in the city is very good and easy to konow the city. Although very small, the room have all one needs. In the site it was written that there was a comun bathroom, but it was private...although so tiny...a good surprise.

OK

The rooms are too small. It is too noisy, we couldn't sleep the whole night because there were constantly noisy people walking down the street... No air-condition so the windows had to be open all the time. If you stay there, ask for a room towards the inner yard!

The location is great. There are bars and restaurants just across the street. The center is 10 min walking distance. Parking available on the spot despite it is only for a few cars and no reservation possible. Friendly and helpfull staff.

Our trip to Frankfurt from Kyiv was a complete success ;)

Nothing cause there is nothing to dislike for this price. Only positive.

Very nice and quite place for travelers with great and friendly stuff ready to help you with any kind of what you need. Surround area is a very interesting place with a lots little beatiful houses and pubs, bars, music areas etc... (remind me some old time Germany in comparison with Frankfurt downtown) You'll be fully satisfied with choosing this place for staying when you'll be in Frankfurt!

Acceptable for one night

The room I have booked should have a private bath/toilet. And I had a toilet for my own, the only thing was that it was located on the other end of the floor and not in my room.

Nice neighbourhood with a lot of restaurants and shops.

The bathroom is "in" the room.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom is "in" the room. Which means there are no separate room for the bathroom. And the toilet is outside from the room so I need to take 30 seconds walk to the toilet.

The best thing about the hotel is the location, specially if...

This is the second time that I book this hotel and I have to say that other guests are very noisy and the room is not isolated at all. Knocking, screaming and laughing at 7am on Saturday and Sunday (both weekends I have been there). First time I thought I was unlucky, but second time made me wonder why it only happens in this hotel, although I know it is not fully the fault of the hotel.

The best thing about the hotel is the location, specially if you plan to go out at night! Although the hotel is super close to the area where are most of the bars, it is also very quiet and you cannot listen any noise coming from there. Price/quality is also very reasonable.

Just bad

Was dirty, furniture falling apart, breakfast was weak. Check out staff were rude and tried to charge me extra. Didn't understand the meaning of customer service. Stayed in many a dive for convenience, this was the worst.

Location was great

Good hotel in convenient location

Expensive breakfast (did not take it). Expensive parking. Building in 50s/60s style, not very charming.

Convenient location in Sachsenhausen, quite comfortable.

My stay was very good considering the price 3 nights Euros 111.36

A WC inside my room

I had a room which has a large TV of which did not work at the time saying on screen translated to English meat No reception In German Keine signal on the screen and they gave me a free breakfast on the morning of my departure because of the TV not working amounting to Euro 12.90. Thank God there was a lift situated out my door past the stairs open a door to the corridor and other rooms being the 2nd floor. I had a private WC at the end of the corridor. The room had also a Shower, Sink, Hair dryer. I used their PC situated next Reception and next to Entrance door for Guest at the Hotel

Comfy clean room near to some great night life.
    • Queen Room

Parking was awful. There are only 4 private spaces at the hotel that are sold for €10 a day, so if you arrive later you have had it. On street parking is non existent. Once you actually manage to stop the car somewhere to check in, the staff are really helpful directing you to nearby parking garages (@€20 overnight), but first you need to be able to stop to speak to them!

The location was good for grabbing A bite to eat and explore the coolest bridge in Frankfurt. We were only here on an overnight stopover,but the location looked to be good for further exploration of the city.

Rude and unhelpful staff, horrible parking situation!
    • Queen Room

The room is very hot in the summer, there are no fans available, if you open the window, you can't sleep, because of the screaming outside which lasts for the whole night. Never use their private parking! The place for parking is suitable for a maximum of 3 cars. The staff members manage to park 5 cars, but you can't get your car out later without scratches. Staff is not helpful and very rude and unprofessional.

The price

Rude Front Office receptionist Herr Houck was screaming and...

Rude Front Office receptionist Herr Houck was screaming and insulting (maybe he had bad day or customer, I don't know). Haven't tried to listen or understand, or to explain- was simply rude, screaming and threatening with the police regarding parking. Poor old guy, he better change job-customer service is not his thing definitely. Parking is extremely hard, only 5 slots in the backyard and need to be paid separately in advance.Room seems old, even keys for the doors are metal, old type lock. Wifi is poor, slightly getting signal in the room. Door in the shower was broken.

Sad to say that one of our favorite little hotels has been deleted from our list.

New hotel management since last stay. Breakfast no longer included. (We missed our favorite little breakfast room.) New staff patronizing and unfriendly. Although I had searched for a room for two, somehow I checked a single room. Staff person said additional fee would be $10-$15 per night, then charged us $25 per night. I had requested early arrival and quiet room. He gave us a hard time about arriving early and gave us the noisiest room by the elevator where drunks partied loudly under our window until 4 a.m....the opposite of what I had requested.

The location.

Good hotel between sachenhauzen and downtown Frankfurt

The weather was extremely hot and there was no air condition. Also a nice littlefrige would have helped

Very nice staff ( helpful and always attentive) and very good breakfast

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

When I've booked this room I didn't see that the toilet was outside of the bedroom. Only the shower and a sink are inside the bedroom. The toilet is in the back hall. I think this information should be more clear and in bould words. I think only this bedroom has this configuration, the others bedrooms have the toilet inside but they are really more expensive. Besides that, the toilet cover was broken. At first moment, the staff was not polite with me, but all was solved, I had no problem. I couldn't switch on the tv. It will be better if there is a black out in the window to dark the room.

The location is perfect to visit touristic places. The bed and shower are good. The internet connection was okay. I recommend this place.

Booking shown that breakfast is included, but it is not !

Guy on reception was not Germany and seems to be he was a new guy. He tried to charge the money for the hotel twice ! Travelers be careful, if it is written in your booking email, do not allow receptionists to charge you twice !

Booking shown that breakfast is included, but it is not ! Mistake by Booking ?

Not very pleasant
    • Standard Triple Room

The gentleman at the desk when we checked in was a little rude, we didn't speak German very well and he seemed to take issue with that. We pulled into the very small parking lot (only 5 spots) and parked the car only to be told we had to move it as the German guy who checked in after us had booked it. We asked where we could take the car and he told us down the street, we asked if he knew the cost and he said he had no idea. We found a parking lot within walking distance to hotel and it cost us 18 euros to park overnight. Our room was on the 6th floor and the elevator only went to the 5th floor. We then had to walk up 2 flights of stairs. Will not recommend or return to this hotel.

Good location, clean.

No elevator, room on the top floor. Parking was full when we arrived. No air conditioning, so we had to sleep with the window open (>30'C), which meant it was noisy. Always have ear plugs with you.

Good location, clean.

Great place to stay for the price.
    • Queen Room

No air conditioning in room. No small fridge. To be expected for the price.

Everything was great. Good comfort for price. Location ideal for exploring the city.

Excellent value but not recommended for older people or couples wishing to have a quiet weekend etc.

If you wish to sleep and not party, this is a problem with the main bar street very close. Lots of drunk people and shouting right through the night.

Excellent location, close to the river and the tram stop is approximately 100m from the hotel, so very easy access to the city and surrounding areas.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

There is no parking

They lied about parking. There is practically no parking there. This, however, was not stated on their booking.com profile. Very nasty surprise, parking close by was extremely expensive. Would not recommend to anyone with a car. No blinds, room was very bright. Bad for sleeping in, or at all after 5 am.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Amazing value for the money. No brainer if you want to save $$$
    • Queen Room

Amazing value for the money. Close to the city centre and the river. The hotel is located near the street where you can find dozen of different bars.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Good Value, central hotel
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Decent central location, just south of the river and around a 15min walk to the city centre. Clean and comfortable room, decent breakfast, breads, cheeses, meats, eggs and cereals etc. Wifi was excellent and available throughout the hotel. Excellent value all round.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The hotel was relative clean and in a good neighbourhood.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The facilities were not great. The "shared bathroom" turned out to be shower and sink in the hotel room and toilet down the corridor in a private locked room. Not shared, just external. Strange situation. The double key lock was irritating.

The hotel was relative clean and in a good neighbourhood. Not entirely central to access all of Frankfurt but transport links are great and there are a lot of restaurants and bars close by.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Quick visit in Frankfurt

My suggestion for hotel staff is to be at least little bit friendly, because hotel where they work is much better how they represent. Only suggestion!

Room is very nice and clean. Location is perfect, the best in Frankfurt.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Staff were very friendly and helpful speacaily evening shift
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was cold and the heather tempreture was very low specially moring time got cold and flue

Staff were very friendly and helpful speacaily evening shift

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Better than a hostel, but not a "Hotel comfort". But Cheap enough which I liked!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was very small and old, very difficult to find, only 2 trams are going to the location from the closest U bahn station which is in 1 kilometers distance. I had problems with finding this place and getting to there.

The price was ok, wifi connection good. Not far from the Old town but has problems with transportation as only very few trams or other public transport gets there

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

i met a terrible staff.

i've never met such a staff in my whole life! Congratulations, you owe the prize of "the worst experience with hotel staff". Moreover it's really extrem unprofessional to involve other guests in our "discussion". i felt so sorry for them.

everything else are fine, except a staff!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

This is an average hotel, not much special about it, but...
    • Queen Room

I had doubled-booked. Paid for two rooms when only needed one. Management did nothing to help. They could have offered free breakfast or some other perk. Will not stay there again, even though I have no other complaints. They took my double payment and said, that's the rule, no exceptions! It was my mistake, granted, but it cost me over $600.00, with nothing to show for it. Very stressful.

This is an average hotel, not much special about it, but located near our son's home in Frankfurt, and within walking distance of downtown. Also, many restaurants and shops close by. I liked the location.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Very close to Frankfurt international fair complex.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

During "Automechanika fairs" prices grows 3-5 times up and even simple hotel costs as five stairs.I personally didnt like to have WC outside room on the hotel corridor.

Very close to Frankfurt international fair complex.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Good money, the eara around is very safe
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff alittle rude they don't like to help , place is a little bit far from center it is like 5 station by metro but the eara around the center is totally unsafe and so many homless around

Good money, the eara around is very safe Very close to the river

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Fine for a few days, but I've had much better in Frankfurt for the price.
    • Economy Single Room

Hot. No AC. No fans available. Room was Harry Potter'ish with slanted roof which made standing possible in about 3/4 of the room. No shower curtain.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The staffs were friendly and helpfull.

The room was so small and no ammeneties were available in the room. During the quiet week in Frankfurt without any fairs, hopefully the price of the hotel won't be as expensive.

The staffs were friendly and helpfull. Sachsenhausen is a nice place to stay,and yet the hotel is not in the busy and noisy area

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Excellent hotel, friendly staff, great location. Would go again!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower door was jammed in my room causing all the water to collect on the bathroom floor, however everything else was excellent!

Hotel in a good central location near the river, excellent staff and services, room quiet and with good amenities.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

everything is not perfect but fine .
    • Economy Single Room

the breakfast can be better. not so bad but does not worth 9.9 euro staff not so friendly, room a little bit old fashioned. but again everything is fine

everything is not perfect but fine . good wifi

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Close to the city center, internet was good.

There was a very bad smell in the bathroom, the shower door was stuck on one side, and there was mold in the shower. The room suppose to have a queen sized bed but instead had twin beds put close together that of course moved.

Close to the city center, internet was good. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Not much to offer. Good if your staying only a night and no children. Parking is not good.
    • Standard Triple Room

The smell in the hallway and lift was pungent to say the least. Our room was on the 6th floor, the hottest room in the building, no fans and no AC. Staff was always nice to us. The pictures make this place look way better than it really is.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

I would not go back.

Reservation by booking was unclear and ended up booking a double room, but only for one person. When I called the hotel to add one more person, a rather rude guy told me I had to pay 30 euros more, eventhough in the webpage said it should have been 8. After that, I tried to add one more day to my booking, but I was not able, as I could not reach anyone on the phone. On the other hand, people at the hotel itself was friendly. As per the rooms, we booked a double room and an economy single one. The double room was OK, but a little hot (there was no AC). Also, the door of the shower was missing, so the bathroom got really messy after taking a shower. The economy single room was horrible. You have to go to the 5th floor, and then walk up a set of stairs, where you find a weird door, that gets you to a creepy room, which is uncomfortable due to the fact that the ceiling is too low.

Good location, close to the pubs area.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Clean, good location, but annoying policy and complaining receptionists.
    • Queen Room

Receptionist was insisting to leave the room key to him when leaving the hotel. I found this super annoying. Shower door was broken. Some cracked tiles in the shower was held together with ducktape.

The room looked clean. Very good location.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great quality at budget prices.3 star sleepover for 1star money
    • Economy Single Room

The only thing that annoyed me was the attitude of the guy on reception in the morning.but you don't really need any interaction with him so don't let that stop you booking

My room was on the top floor so had no real traffic noise and got great ventilation from the rrof window which was a lifesaver in this hot and humid weather.the hotel is just a really good budget hotel that is worth a higher nightly rate.

i'LL BE BACK

Super Perfect no Problem at all

Comfy bed.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast was a bit too expensive for the quality of meal.

Comfy bed. Room and bathroom were very clean and well-arranged.

Okay for the price
    • Standard Triple Room

Very small room without air conditioning and elevator only goes to 5th floor.

The location was great, close to center, museums and train stops.

Nice personel, not new but clean.

Nice personel, not new but clean.

Very near to the center
    • Queen Room

noisy, very hot apartment as no air conditioning existed, bad smells coming from the restaurant on the street.

Very near to the center

So noisy on a Friday and Saturday night.
    • Queen Room

So noisy on a Friday and Saturday night. Hot with no air conditioning, so sleep with windows closed and hot, or open and noisy pubs until 6am

Shower not the best

Location and price

The Location is awesome!

The Location is awesome! fair offer fair price

Comfortable
    • Queen Room

The curtains leave the light come inside the room and we could sleep a lot because of the morning light.

It was a comfortable, clean and quiet room.

Not worth the money

There was this receptionist who pissed me off, he seems to have no information and he didnt even know his way around the hotel.

Great location, possibility to park your car next to the...
    • Queen Room

Great location, possibility to park your car next to the hotel.

Dangerous shower

Dangerous shower

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Too many stairs, bad accessibility, no trolley for carrying luggage

Economic
    • Queen Room

limited parking space so you have to park on the street.

Very friendly staff.

Last minutes booking, price is very cheap.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My room is near the stairs which makes it noisy. The other room is far away from stairs is better.

Last minutes booking, price is very cheap.