Reviews of Smart Stay Hotel Schweiz This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Goethestr. 26, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80336 Munich, Germany

#337 of 349 hotels in Munich

6.1

6.2

Great for cheap and very short stays, right next to the train station

Although the bathroom was quite clean, the room was not clean. There was dust and some papers under the bed, indicating that it hadn't been cleaned.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location, very close to the main train station. Comfortable bed and nice desk.

Close to central station but not very good location.

without any airconditioned. I was in summer there, but because outside was too noisy wasn't impossible to open the window. Really hot during the night

Close to central station, but the neighborhood wasn't that good. Even more, in the night was very noisy.

Basic and clean. Close to train station. Nice staff

Wifi was really bad in room - first night didnt work at all and staff let me change rooms for next two nights which worked but not great connection. Area little rough but had no issues.

Friendly helpful staff. Close to train station which was main reason i booked. Basic room but clean and all i really needed as was out exploring during the day.

The location to the main bus station in Munich was the only...

The room was hot, no air conditioning and no fan so we had to keep the window open. The open window allowed all the street noise which was a lot and light into the room. It was not an enjoyable stay and I would not recommend it or stay there again.

The location to the main bus station in Munich was the only good thing about this hotel

I stayed in this hotel for one night with my partner.

Our window was overlooking a noisy street

I stayed in this hotel for one night with my partner. It was matching our expectations. The room was tidy and the sheets and towels were really clean. The bed is of a good quality. It is a reasonable value for money in Munich.

Wise bargain choice in expenive Munich.

Coffee/tea making facilities in room and a fridge.

The location is close to the main train station but not too close. The room was typically on the small side but very clean and comfortable. I appreciated the computers available in the lobby for guest use and the free tea or coffee available in the lobby. No in-room amenities like fridges or coffee/tea makers. Good transportation options at the train station within easy walking distance. Various restaurants nearby as well as fresh fruits and vegetables market next door. Good price for expensive Munich.

WiFi was hardly working - very poor signal strength, rooms were very small and bed was not comfortable. Reception staff said the hotel is pack due to some conference in the city and hence WiFi may not be working due to high usage.

Location was great, staff super helpful and friendly.

Location was great, staff super helpful and friendly. Secure parking garage very cheap for Munich and 5min walk away with plenty of space. Excellent transport - U-Bahn station 5min walk away

Comfortable and good breakfast

The WiFi signal was not strong in the bedroom and I had to stand at the wall opposite the bed

The bed was very comfy and breakfast very good and 5 minutes walk to the city centre

The staff was friendly and helpful

The key to our door didn't work at all throughout our stay having to ask staff each time to let us in. The heating was on and couldn't be turned off so the room was very hot even with the window open.Two nights in a row we'd been listening to a drunk couple fight in the residential building just next door.

The staff was friendly and helpful

City center basic hotel for a short visit to munich

We spent just a night without breakfast in the hotel, not much to say about the hotel. Room was a bit small, you could hear people walking in the corridor. I asked for double bed, and got those two beds put together, which were pretty soft in my opinion.

The location of the hotel is good, next to main train station and close to the city center. We did a short visit of the city and never need to use the public transport. We spent just a night without breakfast, so not much to say about the hotel.

All in all worth the price if compared to alternative hotel prices. We stayed there only one night.

Tiny bathroom. Fruit stand directly in front of the hotel with many staff and buyers. The hotel is an old building with a small elevator.

Good breakfast, friendly staff.

Good location.

Quite annoyed that my bed was right at the socket so at night I would occasionally unplug my phone or turn on the light with my pillow. A bit odd that coffee/tea was only available downstairs from 12:00-18:00, since we were exploring then city we were never there at that time.

Good location. Good price. Helpful staff when anything was requested. Comfy bed and clean. Nice private bathroom and easy access with stairs/elevator.

Very convenient place two blocks from the central station

The WiFi signal was weak and the speed wasn't ideal.

Since I was relocating in Germany, I booked a relatively long stay, and then I extended it for 2 more weeks. I finally found my own place to rent like 10 days before my checkout date and these people refunded me the extra week I wasn't going to be staying there. The staff really do their best to help in anything. The hotel is located two blocks from central station, and 4 blocks from Theresienwiese (Oktoberfest).

The hotel still didnt return my reservation fee of 7,571.

The hotel still didnt return my reservation fee of 7,571.28 . They said reservation is free upon booking but they deducted that amount from my account. When I arrived in the hotel , i still paid the full amount but didnt give back my reservation fee.

Basic accommodation in a handy location

The room itself was very tired with a hole in the wall. Walls are very thin you can hear the neighbours and anyone in the hall way. The room hadn’t been vacuumed properly, there were crumbs and hair still on the floor when we arrived which wasnt cleaned during the daily clean of the room. But too be fair it’s cheap accommodation so you can’t expect too much more just which the room felt a bit cleaner.

Great location! Easy to get to the train station and around Munich on foot. They make your bed everyday which is nice. Staff were helpful in printing some things off for us.

The hotel advertises as having parking - not true.

The hotel advertises as having parking - not true. The city parking is one and a half blokes away. The hotel staff promised me the discount for this parking, but when I was leaving ~ 9:30am - there were no one at the desk. So if you will want to stay there, be prepared to spend additional 27 euros for the parking.

There's no parking. And the "parking nearby for 10 euro" is actually a solid 8 minute walk and was 27 euro, its just a public car garage.

It was in a central location. The room and fixtures were old but clean and everything worked fine.

Location of the hotel was excellent, it's just 5 mins...

We were given a room just near the entrance to the floor and we could hear people walking or speaking outside. Walls are pretty thin.

Location of the hotel was excellent, it's just 5 mins walk from the central station. Hotel also contains a small sauna. I just stayed there for a night and there is nothing more I could ask for. There are many midle eastern restaurants nearby where you can get affordable food and also expensive ones if that's what you are looking for. Overall it was good at that price.

Dirty & Uncomfortable.

-My room was dirty. -Bed was broken, bended on one side and somehow raised in the middle.I just slept because it was for one night (not more than 6 hours) Room 211 -Shower handle was taped with a first aid band!

Staff

Nice hotel near the Hauptbahnhof

The wi-fi connection for one device was a little intermittent

The hotel is a five minute walk from the Hauptbahnfhof. Staff were friendly and alert. The room was on a higher floor as requested. The room was clean, warm & comfortable.

Next to a construction/demolition site.

It's currently next to a construction site which is extremely noisy. This ment we were woken up at 6am on the first morning and could regularly hear it whenever we were at the hotel. Not something you want on a relaxing holiday. It looks like the work will be on going for a long time aswell. I would definitely suggest giving it a miss for at least a year.

The staff were helpful.

Mine was a very good stay especially on my first day as I was given the room early on arrival.

The breakfast was varied and most important fresh. Staff at reception were always helpful. Free coffee at reception available till 6.00pm.I would have liked the service to be extended till 10.00pm,especially during the cold winter months.

Simple but OK for a short stay.

Internet was down during my one night stay but I assume that was only an accident.

Simple but OK for a short stay. Very good location within walking distance to the city center.

Good budget place

Hotel is located in arabic area, not safety at night. But low cost compensates this fact.

Hotel is near the city center and railway station. The stuff was friendly, the room was comfortable and clean.

Good value for the price

Limited availability of coffee & tea. It is only availible 12-18 hours which is a bit weird considering that is the time everybody is sightseeing. It would be more logical to make it availible in the morning and evening hours.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location. Rooms are basic but good value for money

Good value for a no-frills experience.

The cleaning team only seemed to make the bed. The water wasn't refreshed at all during my stay, and the surfaces were all dusty and I ended up cleaning it myself when it was apparent that the cleaning team weren't going to bother.

The bed was very comfortable. The shower was hot and powerful. I was travelling in December and it was very cold, but my room was warm for the whole stay. The staff were lovely. Hotel was very well located and close to the Hauptbahnhof.

Quite pricy considering what you get. Central location without any fancy extras.

The toilet was difficult to flush properly. It took 4-5 flushes to make a piece of toilet paper to disappear. The water in the bath tub took forever to drain, which means that you basically stand in ankle deep water. The shower gel wasn't refilled when it ran out. The telephone didn't function at all, and even when we told about the problem it wasn't fixed. We had huge problems with wifi. At times it just disappeared, and we couldn't get any internet connection at all. The hot part of the breakfast (sausages and omelets) was slightly above room temperature; it wasn't warm/hot at all. The door lock broke at one point so we were unable to get back to the room without the staff's master key. That meant that we had to wait until the staff got time for us if the receptionist was busy with someone else. Yet, the lock was fixed the next day. The room was quite chilly for us, there were no extra blankets or pillows as a standard. We had specially requested for a double bed, as booking.com had this possibility to choose, but when arriving we got two single beds pushed together. The staff blaimed on booking.com and said that the website doesn't see any difference between two single beds and a double bed. They also explained that they don't have other rooms (though we're not sure whether they didn't have other type of rooms or other type of rooms available at the moment).

The hotel is quite close to the central station, there was no problem finding it. The city centre is about 5-10 minutes walk. There are some restaurants nearby. Breakfast was OK, but a bit simple. Breakfast is served on the upper floor with a nice view over the surrounding streets. The hotel has a cooperation with a parking garage, so ask the staff for more information.

Great for the basics

Wifi barely worked for the majority of the time we were there. Also you’ll find there will be tea and coffee with kettles down by the reception but don’t expect to be allowed to use it outside of the hours 12-5 despite the amenities sitting there.

Bed was quite comfy and was close to the main train station and supermarkets. Also not too far of a walk from the Oktoberfest area which was full of Christmas markets.

Relaxed

the last few days of ours holidays we comes to have a rest at 2.45 pm and the rooms have not yet clean so i was not happy abouth , others breakfast could it be better

Close to trains , good location

München is amazing!!! Like soooo much!

Really small bathroom but warm. Hair dryer is useless, it stop working after few minutes while you are using.

Good position to go to the city center on foot. Room is warm and spacious. No private parking but you can park around with 6 euros per day, cheaper than the city where I live!

Small but comfortable room, well located for transport and short walk to City center

In busy district of city. Room on small side. Initially difficult to find, take good directions with you!

Location was excellent, short walk to central station and to city center. Good breakfast and free wifi. Comfortable room. Staff very helpful (Elvis on reception and Davidson on breakfast duty especially).

Good value for money

Problem with sink should have been spotted and sorted before we arrived - previous guests or room staff should have noticed blocked sink

Very comfortable beds, very helpful staff, good choice of breakfast buffet

Five days in Munich..

I was staying in a corner room on the first floor, and the internet was so weak that sometimes I couldn't connect at all. Also, there was some kind of loud noise coming from the markets downstairs I believe very early in the morning, like 6-7 am. I think you should prefer a room on another floor and also maybe not a corner room.

I think the best thing about the hotel was its location. It's at a walking distance to both the central railway and bus stations. And it was so easy to access from the airport. Both the room and the hotel were very clean. Breakfast was ok but you might get tired of it if you stay for longer than a couple of days. You might want to prefer some of the nearby coffees in the morning. They're good.

Return Guest, Very Enjoyable Stay

As with many Northern European hotel rooms in winter, the heat in the room was too much for me, but I turned it off and opened the window and managed to get the temperature down so that I could sleep adequately. I do realise that this is a matter of personal preference, but until I could get the room cooled off a bit, I did not even need to use any coverings on the bed at all.

I have stayed here before and was pleased to book here again. It is very close to the main railway station and while the neighbourhood walking to the hotel is on the grubby side, there was no feeling of being unsafe. The bed was very comfortable and it was lovely to have not only adequate reading light, but a plug in for my phone and tablet charger was easily to hand. I did not pay for breakfast the next morning as I do not like more than a cup of coffee and a bit of bread for breakfast, but I remember it being a nice breakfst from my previous stay. I had Room 101 on the first floor, easy access to the lift.

Staff was great.

Price doubled on me for second night. Forcing me to move across the street. Lame

Staff was great. Night Gal really went above and beyond to make me comfortable after a long drive.

The room was comfortable and clean.

The toilet wasn't well functioning though it was well cleaned.

The room was comfortable and clean. Hotel location was very convenient , close to main train station and a lot of city attractions. Hotel was also offering breakfast but i did not try it. the staff were helpful and responded positively when asked to provide extra pillows

The only positive thing from this hotel is the location.

My room was dirty and when I arrived to the hotel the front desk girl said that I had to wait because my room was being "cleaned". They should really supervise the cleaning staff! The bathroom had so much dust accumulated where the toilet paper is, the shampoo/soap dispenser is old, roasted and dusty, the sockets also super dirty! Do some maintenance!

The only positive thing from this hotel is the location.

Cold showers stay

Out of 4 nights 3 of them there was no hot water at the hotel. The temperature outside was only +8, so it was very challenging to take ice showers. We didn't get any warm water to be able to compensate the lack of a hot water.

Location is a very good one - around fruit market, gyros, Turkish sweets and great connection to the center

Not worth this money

Untidy room with hole in the wall, dirty carpet, fin walls. Also there wasn't hot water 2 days.

The location, because it was 10 min to city centre.

Perfect hotel for keeping to a budget and if you are planning on doing at lot of travelling.

Breakfast is very basic, quite often didn’t have enough milk when we got there and we didn’t arrive last minute when it was finishing up. The shower wasn’t great. Water came out so fast like a jet wash and was hard to keep it at the right temperature!

Comfy bed. 5 minute walk to the train station. Decent sized room, excellent WiFi signal, FaceTimeing was great! We arrived earlier than check in time but could keep our bags at the hotel which was great while we had a wander and grabbed some lunch.

About 500m walk from the train station.

Only small things really. The bathroom was a bit small and it didn't have ventillation so got very hot and steamy, especially if you were the second person to shower. On first impression the area gave me the feeling I shouldnt be outside at night. However, every time we walked home at night we were fine and saw many people walking alone.

About 500m walk from the train station. 20min walk into main town. Staff were friendly. Room was clean and had everything that we needed. Great value for money.

Good location near the main station.

Durty and not confortable. Broken shower in the bathroom. Lot of dust on all the floor/ corners. Small rooms and bed of poor quality

Good location near the main station.

Overpriced, rooms are very basic and bathrooms not overly clean or usable.

No cold water from the sink, shower water was cold and took ages to heat up. Shower was dirty and blocked and the bath would fill up every time you showered.

Close to Oktoberfest but definitely not worth the price.

Most expensive small room I have ever stayed in

WIFI? non-existent; the indicated network was never in range in the room, I could never connect. very pricey for a small room. worn out and dirty carpets; in need of a renovation and change of furniture; no shower gel available in the dispenser. very noisy-room was overlooking a busy street. this hotel has seen much better days.

Clean bed and sheets. Clean toilet and bathroom. Nice receptionists.

Adequate hotel that you won't be writing home about

The hotel was adequately clean, but not up to the higher standards of other hotels we used on the trip. The neighborhood isn't the best. It felt reasonably safe, but I wouldn't want to live there. All restaurants in the immediate vicinity were kabob shops. It was a long hike to the central area and (the other way) to the Oktoberfest grounds, but we did it several days and it worked out fine. Parking is 10 euros/day and in a (deep, dark) underground garage a couple of blocks away. We didn't have any problems with it, but were happy to see our rental car was not molested. Best to enter and leave the parking by elevator to the nice hotel above the structure and pay at the machine before retrieving your car (or you won't be able to get out). Structure is unattended.

It's hard to rate this hotel, because we didn't have the chance to stay in other hotels in Munich. I think the score should be more in the mid to high 7's, but Booking.com scored it lower. Let's just say it was adequate, while remaining our least favorite hotel/location of our 25 night visit to Germany and Austria. It was reasonably quiet for a city hotel, but I ended up using earplugs, because of the occasional late-night returnee.

Fair rate and good location

Wifi signal does not work really well inside the rooms

It was very easy to get there from the airport. Its very close to the central station and really close to Oktoberfest (reason why we traveled to Munich), so location was really great. Nearby is not very beautifull, however very practical and well located. Breakfest is also a good option!

Conveniently located low class accommodation in the center of Munich

Entire hotel is somewhat shabby. Bathroom not that clean. When we arrived, one of the glasses was missing and the TV remote was under the bed. No safe. Inconvenient Wi-Fi password procedure (they give out slips of paper with Wi-Fi credentials that are valid for 2 days, but sometimes just do not work).

Very convenient location, just some minutes' walk from Hauptbahnhof and about 15–20 minutes from Marienplatz. Some of the staff friendly and helpful. Supermarkets nearby. Comfortable beds and nice bedclothes.

Not comfortable due to room size and lack of cooling arrangement

The size of the room is too small and it is quite difficult to fit in comfortably . It was hot and there should have been at least one table fan . The windows were required to be opened for a stretch to make the room somewhat cool for the minimum comfort . Bathroom was also very small and tight to properly use .

The location was good and walkable from the central station . There is a grocery stores just beside the hotel where one can get all primary foodstuff , fruits and water . The breakfast arrangement at the top floor was also convenient . Staff generally helpful .

- the luggage storage service.

- the bed was awful(I HAD A BACK PAIN) . - the room was dirty (walls and carpet). - the room was too hot (no AC as expected). - the rooms was smaller than the advertised (less than 15 SQ.M.). - the TV location wasn't against the bed (if u wanna watch it be ready to stand up).

- the luggage storage service. - the staff.

Clean, convenient location, good value for the money.

The staircase and the elevator are not in the best shape.

Well located, clean and decent, the hotels is low cost but the service is better than expected. The room and the bathroom are small, but I got all I needed. I found street parking a few steps from the hotel entrance. Overall, better than expected.

Location near the central station and near the city centre,...

You LITERALLY get what you pay for. the hotel is not the most appreciable hotel.. the room had stained moquette and although we booked a double bed, they gave us two twins beds simply put one next to the other.. the hotel seems old as his elevator. Not a three star in my opinion. Furthermore, even if it's near the city centre, the location is not one of the most recommendable.. It seemed a sort of ethnic getto and I felt unsafe a lot of times. At night we accelerated our steps and if possible, we took a taxi to come back to the hotel. During the day it was quite safe, but those people hate the dogs, so they looked us in a bad way, avoid us and they made fun of one of my dog (an english bulldog). We wanted to change our hotel but if we did that, we would loose our money, so we didn't.

Location near the central station and near the city centre, the staff is very friendly, helpful and they speak a very good english (almost perfect!). They helped us with information about public transports and they gave a bonus discount for a public parking near the hotel. Our dogs could stay in the room alone without complaining (also because ours are very quiet dogs) and the staff cared about our pets. The wi-fi works well and that's a good thing.

If you just want somewhere cheap with a good location this place is ok, but it's not pleasant.

The wifi didn't work in the room, and the staff handled it badly. When I asked to move to a room which did have working wifi, the receptionist fobbed me off - first saying that he had reset the router, and when I went back again later, saying that he would 'call the tech guys and ask them to turn the signal up'. The rooms were also not very clean - the edges of the light switches were visibly dirty, the carpets looked unclean, and the bathroom fittings were all stained.

All in all it was ok. The price was decent for what you got.

The bed needs to be replaced in my room. I felt like I was about to roll off. The neighbourhood was loud & on the dirty side ( for Germany) a bit off putting. Non-smoking hotel but doesn't mean the neighbours don't smoke. Had smoke coming into my room; I could've kept the windows closed, true, but then it was a bit stuffy & too warm (and I like warm). Also there was somebody hammering for hours somewhere, but there was no construction site nearby.

Inexpensive, close to train station & main attractions. Room was compact and clean and I liked the layout: cupboard to hang clothes and store things, a place to store suitcase, enough light, and a desk. Although the bathroom was tiny (I kept hitting my elbows on the walls and I'm only 5'5") there was still enough room to put toiletries. The option to not take breakfast which looked pretty good. I only had the coffee which was fine.

Ok for the money paid

Got stuck in room 205, which had no WiFi connection available inside the room. After saying that the WIfi was an important piece of for me, I was simply responded that "There are no other single rooms available". Well, I did pay for it and was really expecting to be moved to a proper room, regardless of being double or single. Also, when checking-out, I got a bit late because I didn't know the check-out time. Got phoned 3 times.

Breakfast is really good

Somehow basic, so be sure that the room is priced...

Somehow basic, so be sure that the room is priced accordingly. Opinions about the localisation will differ : according to me, very useful because close to citycenter and trainstation ; but at the same time quite noisy and sometimes can look slighty like a "red light district".

Dissapointment guaranteed!

Dirty carpets dust covered most fixtures including lifhts above bed dust dropping onto pillows. Spider webs in corners. Plug fixtures unsafe hanging from walls. No air con temp at evening 24 degrees sweating whilst you sleep.... with child not an enjoyable nights sleep at all. No way a 3 star hotel.

Nothing. Reception lady did her best to make up for a terrible establishment.

Good enough for short stays

The carpet in the room was very stained, giving the impression that it was very dirty. Walls were a bit stained also. Despite the fact that it is well located, the neighborhood is not nice and it is too noisy early in the morning due to greengrocer just next door. Wifi signal was poor, at least in my room.

That is close to the main train station, the breakfast worths the money and the bathroom was cleaner than usual compared to other places.

the location

did not clean properly esp the bathroom was not clean the whole 4 days of my stay there,bed was not made up properly.All in all very poor cleaning.

the location

I have received Wifi Login-data but the Wifi has not been...

I have received Wifi Login-data but the Wifi has not been available or has bee so weak in my room that a logon was not been possible during the complete stay.

Good value for the money.

Room was right over the busy street. Since there was no air conditioner or fan, we needed to open the window because it was so hot. Lot of traffic and noise from the street below.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Nice position, good prices, minimal (and hot in the summer)

The room (single) is very small, and the bathroom as well (I would guess it probably is 2sqm). The building has no air conditioning or cooling system, so the room was extremely hot, and even keeping the window open (as much as possible) almost no air was circulating. Additionally, by keeping the window open all the noise from the road (and market just below the hotel) will easily enter the room...

I really liked the position of the place (very close to central train station), and the price is quite good for that part of the city. Good acoustic insonorization from outside noise (by keeping the window closed!)

ok for a very short stay and if u don t intend to spend time in the hotel...

room close to the fire exit, where people gather to smoke...as a result my room was very smelly..not possible to change rooms, staff just lent a spray...

early check in was possible, just a couple of minutes walk from the train

not great at all but close to central station so easy to get around

Uncomfortable bed. Had one pillow which was flat and asked for a new one around 6pm but was told I had to wait until the next day. Very uncomfortable nights sleep. Also asked for a quiet room but was in a room directly above the mini market downstairs which was really noisy. You only get 1 little bottle of water in your room no matter how many nights you stay. No tea or coffee making facility in your room and no fridge. Oh and the shower!!! BEWARE - it is ice cold one minute then skin scalding the next - dangerous! One receptionist was great (on our last day, but any others were not very helpful at all.

Really good location as it's 2 mins from the main central station. Outside can be a little dodgy as with all city centers.

PHENOMENAL LOCATION

Toilet seat was a bit tight between the wall and the bathtub which makes it a bit uncomfortable when sitting (lol sorry for the detailed description but yeah it's true) and the "double bed" is actually 2 separate single box-beds with 2 separate mattresses brought over and put next to each other to make them look like one large bed and which makes you literally fall in between the whole night anytime both beds split from each other if you somehow end up sleeping in the middle.

Location was phenomenal! We arrived from Venice to Munich by train at around 11:00 PM and found this hotel just 5-7 minutes walk away from Munich Central Station. Restaurants, bars, entertainment centers and some convenience stores were still open by the time we reached so we were able to buy food and do some shopping for the night.

Great location! Good for the money! Clean! A little bit noisy on the street in the morning.

I thougt it would be less comfortable but it was pretty good

Great location! Good for the money I spent (though prices in Munchen are high anyway). Near to the central station and hofbrauhaus.

Decent hotel in Munich

we weren't there long enough to have any dislikes or problems

A good, clean hotel with helpful staff. Facilities were basic but working, which is what we needed. We were only there for one night, traveling onwards next morning. Location near the mainline station was our main criterion for choosing this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

For the price it was a great pick

Main complaint was the free wifi. We stayed 4 days. We got two pieces of paper with wifi info. Each good for only 2 days. Ok that's fine. But if my daughter was loved in to wifi and I logged in it would kick her out. Only one at a time could use wifi.

The staff was ver sweet and we were close to things we wanted to do. The bed was so comfy! No AC but it was cool. I liked being able to open the window for fresh air. For the price it was a great stay!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Too Noisey

Very noisy, both inside and out. There are drunk people shouting outside at night and the walls are thin enough inside that I could hear the guy snoring in the room next to mine. There was also a mysterious thumping noise I could never identify – maybe the plumbing? Either way, I never successfully slept through the night here.

Very close to the train station and the Altstadt.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Good overall

The neighborhood didn't particularly seem safe and is generally a bit loud outside. The wifi connection sometimes becomes very weak in the room.

Literally 5 minutes from the central station. Great single room.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Good budget option close to train station

• Area was a bit seedy (but not actually unsafe) • Street noise at night with the window open • Needs tea/coffee making in room or at reception 24 hours • A bit further from the city centre if that is important

• Location quite close to main train station • Restaurants and food stores nearby • Friendly helpful front-office staff (24 hours) • Good breakfast available (extra charge) • Good double bed and other basics • This is an old building, and a budget option, but we found it quite adequate

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

3.5
    Stay away!!! Dirtiest hotel we ever see.

Stay away form this place!!! My worst hotel ewer: Dirty Room was not vacuumed or cleaned , garbage can was with tampons and papers, bathroom with mold and water stay in shower basin , plus no Toilette's . a/c did not work, spider nets in couple places. Even walls was dirty. All pictures provided.Shame on Booking to even mention this dirty hotel.

A great place to sleep but nothing more.

Neighbourhood was a bit dodgey and noisey, no airconditioning and the shower was dark and difficult to use.

Excellent location and a place to stay at night wth brilliant transport links.

Disgusting hotel but friendly staff

Bed are way smaller than mattress so if you roll you will fall down.I had to lift the bed and put mattress on floor and sleep. Lol moment. Rooms are very very cramped. Wifi was one point, very very old building and not maintained at all. Every bit is a complaint for me in this hotel. Only positive is near to train station and front staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Decent location, average hotel

It really is not a nice area around the hotel The staff seemed rather disinterested

The location is great - right by the central station with good bars nearby For the money you pay, the room is good value

Browse Smart Stay Hotel Schweiz traveller photo gallery