View vacation packages to

2. Germany hotel reviews
  3. Saxony hotel reviews
  4. Dresden hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski

Reviews of Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Taschenberg 3, Altstadt, 01067 Dresden, Germany

#10 of 113 hotels in Dresden

9.8

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 11, 2019

Amazing :)

Spa is open just until 10pm. It would be incredible to leave it open for a longer time.

Amazing and very friendly staff, I was delighted to stay in Kempinski. Would be definitely coming back.

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

basically good.

I asked the bell boy in the lobby to arrange a taxi to the bus terminal where I was supposed to take Regiojet bus for Prague. I was told to take a taxi in front of the hotel. I asked the bell boy who was at the front gate his assitance again and he just pointed the taxi and gave me no assistance. I showed the taxi driver my bus vaucher, and he took me the wrong bus stop and I couldn't take my reserved bus and had to buy a new ticket. I think the bell boys at the first class hotel should help thier guest when take a taxi and should explian taxi driver exctly where to take a guest to. I have never had this kind of experience, so I was very disappointed about the service.

Location is very good and breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

A top-notch luxury hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

This hotel is EXCELLENT! Yes, it is a luxury hotel, a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for. Lovely views, awesome rooms, FANTASTIC staff and you are in the center of the city. It is hard to believe that just 20 years ago this was East Germany all gray and still showing burned out buildings from WWII. It is a testament to the German people and reunification that it has all been brought back to 150% better than before. We tried several of the restaurants and the food was outstanding. We highly recommend late night cocktails at the Karl May bar and high Tea at the Cafe Vestibul. We also had dinner at the fish restaurant Kastenmeiers and we were wowed! A side note: I left a jacket at Karl May and did not realize it until I was in my next hotel in Berlin. The staff at Taschenbergpalais had my coat and mailed it to me in Berlin! We will be back!

• Reviewed: May 5, 2019

The shower was not tall enough.

The shower was not tall enough. I am only 5'4" and I had to bend my knees to get under the shower or take the shower head out and hold it while trying to wash my hair.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2019

Very service-oriented hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was good but not very good. Long, convoluted corridors (sign posting could be better).

Very service-oriented hotel. Very attentive staff. Perfect location. The place to be.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2019

The service level of staff is very high.

When I stayed at the Hilton Dresden I used the hotel restaurant with a discount voucher and a welcome drink coupon. However, I didn’t have enough information on the restaurant .

The service level of staff is very high. Location is good and breakfast is also good, and it is place to want to go again.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2019

The location was excellent and concierge was very efficient.

The internet was so slow. I also needed to go back to the room just after checking out. I found the reception service unfriendly and actually rude with my request to check for a small bag I forgot. We have literally only checked out 5 minutes prior and were just loading luggage into the car when I realised I forgot the bag.

The location was excellent and concierge was very efficient. It was easy to get the car parked.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

in the heart of a historic place, all necessary facilities, easy to walk around, see museums, opera

the concierge absence from the desk, the information about the restaurant location, the feel of unsecurity due to the long corridors and many open doors to the outside.

Location, the room facilities and decoration, the room service and cleaness, the parking underground, the restaurant arrangements during the work, the shoping facility

• Reviewed: April 15, 2019

Horrible management of the hotel, my worst stay in Kempinski branded hotels.

As a frequent guest of Kempinski hotels around the world I have chosen this brand for my stay in Dresden. However this stay has been very unpleasant for me and my partner. When booking the room I have chosen double bed(king size) as offered on booking. When we arrived I asked about the room they said they have no more double beds and that they will make two single beds together. This i refused as i have back problems and therefore requested double. Receptionist(called herself manager of reception) with very unfriendly and unprofessional way told me if i don't like it i must pay 80euros extra to have other category room with double bed. I of course refused that i just want what i have booked. She said that they are not obliged to give me what i booked and if i want to pay 80 euro or they give some extra blanket to make it more softer and put the two beds together. I had no chose so had to choose this option. That has been horrible night for me and my girlfienn as one of us could sleep well as the beds were super uncomfortable. I have been extremely disgusted with this behave, when they have not rooms that they offer they can't offer them or must give upgrade for free.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2019

Great location next to the old palaces.

Great location next to the old palaces. Cars are now allowed to take the obvious route, rather a tram-only section forcing a detour. Carpark is under the palace - entrance from the "back". New swimming pool is very well done. Excellent bar - often overcrowded.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

perfect stay, thank you!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hardly anything, perhaps there wasn't many tourists at the time we were there.

lovely hotel i the heart of the city. we could walk out of the hotel and be right in the heart of the place. also nice to run around. Perfect location if you wish to enjoy the city.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

A must in Dresden

One thing that I expected to be more modern was the pool area. From my perspective the plastic bins could be replaced with newer models.

Everything was very nice and reflects the 5* Standard. The hotel is located just a few steps away from the Semperoper and the Zwinger. We definitely will come back. Besides that, I have to highlight the French Fries we had with our Clubsandwich. Those were the best I had for a long time.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

We couldn't ask for more
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything was just perfect. It was our first time at a Kempiski and for sure I am going to reserve this chain again in the future when I want to treat myself with something special! Strongly recommended!

If we weren't in Dresden to visit the city and attend a night at the Semperoper, we would have stayed at this hotel 24 hours a day. The staff was extremely kind and helpful, the Deluxe Room we received had a nice view and was spacious, tidy, and its bed comfortable. The breakfast was very good, and the Spa and pool were also a highlight!

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

I will be back again-always the best:)

It was difficult to get through to Room service. No problem really

The staff is very professional. I ordered a salad and mentioned that I needed a container because I would not eat it all. Then reception said that they will package up half of my Cesear salade and kept it in the kitchen for my next day check out:)

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

HISTORICAL POINT IN DRESDEN

DID NOT LIKE THE 4TH FLOOR , TO DARK . HOTEL IS VERY BIG, ALMOST LIKE A MAZE. THE PILLOWS VERY TO BIG AND UNCOMFORTABLE.

LOCATION WAS CENTRAL, VERY GOOD TO WALK EVERYWHERE. LOTS OF RESTAURANT IN THE HOTEL.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

room and location are good

concierge on that day 14-02-2019 was not helpful. the restaurants + cafe staff were not helpful and busy with some other guest. so they keep you waiting for long time without ask for table or help.

Location , Room is comfort

• Reviewed: March 1, 2019

I would recommend this hotel to all lovers of luxury

Room service was quick and the food delicious. The hotel pool was an oasis of calm due to the lighting and loungers. The service throughout was courteous and professional.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Very good breakfast, perfect location (close to lots of...

Very good breakfast, perfect location (close to lots of dining options) - great place to start our business trip. I would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

We will definitely come back.

The wooden door frame in the bathroom with shower is so close to the shower door that it got misshaped by the water from the shower - this does not look well. We were offered water at the swimming pool - I thought it was free of charge as it is available at the reception desk. The simple solution would be to just to give me the menu. At our previous visit which was 3-4 years ago in summer, breakfast was much better - wider selection of dishes, especially cheeses.

The location is perfect. The staff - professional and very helpful.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

a hotel is a hotel
    • Deluxe Room with Queen Size Bed

1. The beds were lumpy - not comfortable 2. The shower had mold in it and would not drain 3. Pillows were flat with zero neck support 4. Check out was longer than expected since there was only one person working the counter. as a 5 start resort I felt, there should be more to cover check out and guest.

1. Robe and slippers provided for the spa (however, you're not told to wear to spa so you end up having to go back down to your room change and go back up. 2. Free WiFi which is great if you are there for work. 3. They messed up on our room service and as a result the customer service was awesome. 4. There is an umbrella in the room - which came in handy since it rained outside. 5. The location is in the heart of the area and quiet. 6. The views are beautiful.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Not a bad stay! we just expected so much more from a Kempinski hotel

Two single beds put together as a king bed. I found a teaspoon at the Nespresso machine that had coffee stains from recent usage , also I used coffee pod was still in the machine. Shower curtain in bathtub, water messed all over the bathroom floor. No bidet in the toilet. Valet parking 25 EUR per night - that's rather high. Rooms were a bit out dated. No window on the 4th floor rooms that you can look out off or get some morning sunshine. Elevator were small and out dated. Swimming pool was cold despite it being indoor as I was there during winter.

The Location is Great , in the main hub The Spa & Pool atmosphere was very nice & peaceful. They supported us with an early check in.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

This place has an unbeatable location and exudes old world charm.

Our junior suite could have used a few more chairs or a sofa.

Staff was professional but warm. The hotel had a wonderful old world atmosphere but up to date facilities.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Two thumbs up!
    • Standard Single Room

I’ve noticed spots on the bench near the bed. Hope it is coffe, but spring cleaning in the room would be appreciated.

Super friendly and efficient staff; absolutely fantastic bath (long and wide enough).

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Conclusion: very expensive place, without appropriate service and staff's attention.

When we came to the hotel no bell boy met us and we were forced to move our baggage from the taxi to the hotel. Please, note it is the five stars hotel. We ordered and prepaid the room with the city view. And we recieved the room with the courtyard view. The reason pushed us to write this feedback was the constant noise from the courtyard - from 3PM till 10PM on weekdays and from 11AM till 10PM during the weekend we had the disco sounds from the ice ring. Of course it is nice & funny when you are there, but you can't have a proper rest during the day and part of the late evening due to loud pop music and screams of falling skiers, which make your crazy. Besides at night you have the sounds of the cooling machines and generator, supporting the rink. We asked twice to move us to another room, which should have been in line with what we have booked. We were offered two variants: а) Move to a business suit with the same view and crazy ice dancing party with extra payment. b) Move from one room to another everyday during our stay as they were fully booked, what was inappropriate due the the normal desire to have a proper relaxing stay without constant changes of the wardrobes. We don't drink so much to eliminate negative effect of noise. And you? Hotel staff told us, that this is not their fault and this is the problem of Booking.com, who didn't give exact instructions to the hotel, regarding our requirements for the room. What manager did? He said "I'm sorry", nothing more. During the breakfast you are chasing the waiters to get the tea, coffee and clean the table. The mineral water in the room is only at the arrival date and as a compliment. Note, that it is the five stars hotel. Not stable internet connection at night, so slow that you wait up to 10 minutes to send the docs. At the check-out I have received a bill for the city tax. There is no information in my confirmation docs from booking about it.

We stayed in this hotel few times. All of them were good, but not the last. The problems have started from the very beginning.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

Very pleasant .

The water in the pool was a little chilly for us, beautiful pool area.

Every thing was very nice . We came back to the room at night to find the beds turned back . It wasn't any trouble to give us a hot water jug and tea bags for the room. Very friendly helpful staff . Thank you 😊

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

ONLY KEMPINSKI!!!!

Safety measures in the Christmas markets, but unfortunately this is not your problem....

Excellent locationm especially thorough selection was the restaurant int the basement of the hotel it is for marketing at 1!!! I work 20 years in gastro management and I was thrilled!!!! I know the Kempinski¨s network, your one in Europe is one of the best!!!! BRAVO

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

A lovely experience. We will be back

Nothing!!

This was an amazing experience, with all expectations exceeded. Great location, amazing service from all staff, a lovely room with such a comfortable bed, finished with a wonderful breakfast. We will be back.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Lovely facility.

I didn’t like the fact that I couldn’t find anything to dislike.

Lovely facility. Staff treated us like we were August the Strong‘s mistress. My choice for every future stay in Dresden.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Top choice for Dresden hotel

no, I'm satisfied in every aspect!

breakfast is sehr gut! so many options and food quality are so good, quite enjoyed! the bed are quite large and comfy, suit for family trip!

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Luxurious hotel in great location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wifi in the room was spotty or non functioning, perhaps was located in a dead spot of hotel, that said the suite was beautiful.

Beautiful hotel, comfortable bed and pillows, nice toiletries, good service, gracious staff, perfect location.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

The hotel was beautiful, the beds were comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It felt like a big chain hotel (which of course it is) nothing extra special apart from the building. No extra little touches to make your stay feel extra special. The service was a bit impersonal as can be expected from such a large chain.

The hotel was beautiful, the beds were comfortable. The hotel bar was lovely.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Location hotel and breakfast were good, ice rink super.

On breakfast you must waiting before restaurant, there are not enough seats. When you want fresh juice one day bring you and other day no, it depends on goodwill staff. Spa- if you want take sauna only in time from 17.00 .Hotel facilities are old. We visited Kempinski hotels in different cities but this hotel has the lowest quality from the others.

Location hotel and breakfast were good, ice rink super.,

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Outstanding!

The toilet in our room was smelly. The breakfast was so expensive (33 euros per head!) that we didnt even look at it.

Fantastic building and location. Very helpful staff. Excellent food.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay but it was too brief. We will be back.

The natural lighting in the room was a little low. But we didn't mind that too much. We had lunch in the restaurant beside the Intermezzo (which was closed), but really did not like it very much. The staff were lovely, but the service was slow and the food was not very good.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was really nice. The toiletries were very pleasant. We have stayed in other Kempenski Hotels (e.g.Riga, Vilnius) and received very nice complimentary chocolates or cakes in our room. This would have been a nice touch in the room. The breakfast was good also, plentiful, tasty, with lots of healthy options and a wide range of choices.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

German Old World Elegance in a Great Location

See above

The finishes in this hotel, from the fountains and doorman/woman in top hat and overcoat greeting you to highly polished burled wood accents and a magnificent sweeping staircase, this Kempinski is a reminder of what an elegant hotel was in years past. The location is perfect. Easily accessible to public transport, a two minute walk to the main square in the historic old town across the street from the palace and museums. Though the main lobby might benefit from more elegant furniture, other common areas were comfortable, and the bar and patio dining looked very inviting and nice. Hallways are spacious and spotless, and the shops are very upscale. Our room was comfortable. Not particularly large or grand, but put together well. I would imagine the deluxe rooms and suites are palatial. We appreciated the better quality bed linens, nice thick towels and warming rack, as well as the second water closet in the room. Though we didn’t have a view, we appreciated the quiet at night. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The pillows could be improved. Front desk staff and housekeeping (who came by every night for turndown service) were very polite and nice. We were booked for two nights but were so comfortable we stayed three. All in all, it was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel - just wish I could be here for Christmas markets. I am sure their special events, menu and decorations will be breathtaking. Dresden was a wonderful city. Be sure to take a boat ride to see the castles and a tour of Meissen.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Breakfast situation was inacceptable.

Breakfast situation was inacceptable. Found the place overcrowded and had to wait for minutes to be seated even when returning after half an hour for the second attempt..

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Top location so far on our month-long holiday in Europe.

No complaints

Beautiful luxury hotel. Excellent rooms and room service. Great location, professional acting staff. Would book a stay here again without hesitation!

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

used to be a very nice hotel but it lost its charm and style to overloaded lobby and missing quality

tv was noch working, complimentary water was half empty. no cork screw and hair dryer did not work.

service from concierge was very good and very friendly

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

We would love to return as soon as possible

Overall design of the hotel - aesthetic taste permiatimg all of the Taschenbergpalais interiors. All manners and the attitude of each employee were truly 5* standard.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Wonderful place with the most convenient location.

I thought the breakfast was a little pricey as well as the a la cart choices. Could do better just going to a cafe for a cup of coffee and croissants. The pouched egg was served on a wafer more than on toast .

Wonderful place with the most convenient location. Staff helpful . Would recommend to anyone of my friends.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Not bad hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The style of the hotel is very old as well as the style of the rooms. Bathrooms are very simple and also old fashioned. In the evening ( around 19.00-20.00) there was nobody to help us with the luggage. There is no parking in the hotel and they tell you to park in some private underground parking nearby which is not very convenient.

The location is just great: in the heart of the old city centre. Breakfast is fine. Reception stuff is very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

The location, the room, the staff, were all wonderful
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our first night of three we were put in another uncomfortable hotel behind the Kempenski due to a conference . The hotel made up for it by upgrading us to executive suites for our remaining two nights.

The location, the room, the staff, were all wonderful

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

We loved staying in the Kempinski and would be very keen to return.

Some of the in-house restaurants are fairly expensive

The overall experience was superb. It's a quiet, beautifully run hotel of a very high standard. It's brilliantly located and the quality and style of the furnishings sumptuous.The staff are efficient and knowledgeable.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

The concierge service was not good for providing information...

The concierge service was not good for providing information for guided tours. Actually the information given was wrong as it was for German speaking tourists whilst we were clearly English speaking.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

The hotel is a top-notch property in a great location with...

The hotel is a top-notch property in a great location with wonderful staff. Our rooms were large and elegantly appointed. We would stay here again and it now makes me consider other Kempinski properties.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful.

Loved it all. Wonderful experience.

The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. Real class and grace at this hotel. Beautiful room with all the amenities. Really quiet even though it was in the heart of Dresden.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Overpriced for what we got.

At 7 o'clock in the morning (it was Saturday), some construction work started (drilling, banging etc) and we were woken up. About 8 o'clock i went down to the reception asking to stop this. Receptionist said they'll check and do something. Nothing happened and the works stopped at 9am, when we couldn't sleep anymore. I find this quite ridiculous for 5* hotel and the money you charged from us. Also, the room had no window we could actually see out from, it was too high. Again, couldn't really appreciate the view and location of the hotel. Also the wellness was closed, so I would expect the price to be lower. For these reasons, I would not come again.

Good location, nice hotel

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

The location is amazing to all sightseeing spots also the...

Nothing worth the price

The location is amazing to all sightseeing spots also the city is near and the zwinger palace also is near not that the elba river too

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Perfect stay in a city that had both charm and variety - a historical oasis of significance.

Location Location Location!!! Was a wonderful spot in a nice old style building that had been tastefully upgraded. The center courtyard for breakfast was a real treat. Everything was wonderful!!

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Fantastic luxury hotel in the center of historic Dresden for a relaxing get-away

The pool was not finished and it was not clear when I booked that was the case. The fitness area is too small for a luxury hotel like that.

The room was big and had a great bed, comfortable desk and great bathtub. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and upgraded us because the pool wasn't finished.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Beautiful old school luxury in the middle of Historic Dresden

I tried to cancel via booking.com and that wasn't possible. I don't often book non-refundable rates and this wasn't clear this time. I think you should have a button that says do you really want non-refundable. Also, we were mis-informed that all rooms had bath tubs by booking.com and when we checked in we were told this was not the case. That made me wonder if you had really tried to accommodate our cancellation request.

When I mentioned that the pool was not available and that wasn't clearly stated on booking.com they willingly upgraded our room at check-in.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Could not have been better!

There were 2 nice-sized lounging chairs, the beds were extremely comfortable, there was a good size shower and a separate bathtub. Room 163 had 2 sides of windows with amazing views on the baroque buildings in the altstadt.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

I will return, I believe that says it all.
    • Deluxe Room with Queen Size Bed

The interior design of the lobby and breakfast room are really in need of renovation.

My room was super big and the bedding very nice. I thought the value was very fair.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Second time in this hotel and second time a wonderful...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Second time in this hotel and second time a wonderful experience! We had a free room upgrade,the room was huge with amazing opera view, big bathroom ,great wi-fi connection. Breakfasts are very tasty and totally worth the price.Very friendly and helpful staff.One of the greatest hotels I've ever been to and I'm a very frequent traveller.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Location, cleanness

The staff was quite unpleasant, the room was outdated, the breakfast at 33 Euros nothing special. The top was the charge of 1 Euro for a coffee capsule in the room.... that says it all.

Location, cleanness

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Fair

1)TV set is located between living room and bathroom, flow line is not good, so that room does not look spacious 2)Number of amenity(shampoo, conditioner, lotion like that) for guest is less. Each one item for two guests?

Breakfast is super, I reccommend it to other tourists.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Good.

1. I ordered a receptionist to bring newspaper next morning but there was no newspaper. 2. There is a dirty cloth left at the bathroom when we get in our room.I am afraid room attendant forget to take this out.

Breakfast is excellent.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

The Best Choice in Dresden

Wifi is not good to use.

Beds are Extremely Comfortable, staffs are Friendly and helpful^_^ Location is excellent and convenient. Near the Hotel have a lot of restaurants and bar.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

nice hotel at great location

Nespresso coffeemachine in the room, but no facilities to make tea.

beautiful room for affordable price. we skipped breakfast (€33 p.p.), took breakfast nearby.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Everything is perfect,especially that grill & chill for...

The shower room door looks like not good and leaks the water outside the floor.Hope to repair and improve it before we are going to stay with you next time.

Everything is perfect,especially that grill & chill for barbecue lovers on Friday. We quite enjoyed a lot of culinary delights ... delicious foods,light musics,kindly service,reasonable price...what an amazing weekend evening in the center of the old town!

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Not so good as I was expecting

I arrived when a filming was taking place and the hotel staff did not let me aproach the hotel. The room is ancient regarding some comforts. The air conditioner did not work in the first room. The facilities are not good as advertised.

Beatiful hotel and in the middle of the city atractions. The second room was nice.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Great Service from the hotel staff.

The Breakfast staff was almost rude, not very nice at all. in total the breakfast was nice but for that price i expect better service with a smile. We had to ask for coffe 3 times.

Great Service from the hotel staff.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

There were No USB charging points in the Superior room, all...

There were No USB charging points in the Superior room, all power points were on the floor so very difficult to get to - not what is expected of a Hotel trying to be **** Star Status. Everything in room in German no English - surely as tourist hotel English should be available for non-German speakers

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Enjoyed the stay and appreciated the efficiency of the staff.

Only the bar allowed access to the dog. It would have been nice, if at least one of the restaurants in the hotel allowed dogs. The Brasserie used to do it some years ago.

Nice room and extra attention to the dog appreciated. The unloading of the car went smoothly ( we travelled with a lot of luggage) as did the reloading. The staff was friendly and smiling and efficient. Beautiful location.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

The building is absolutely amazing and superlative position...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The building is absolutely amazing and superlative position in the best area of Amazing Dresda, very close to the best attractions. We were just little disappointed when we know, after our arrival in hotel, that the Spa was closing for renovating. Anyway they were friendly to give us a free upgrade of room with superlative view of the city. The staff are generally very friendly but it’s simply unbelievable that in a Kempinsky luxury hotel the nespresso machine inside room is not free of charge but costs 1 euro.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

- Best price / performance hotel in Dresden.

- Best price / performance hotel in Dresden. - The location is phenomenal. They were really kind to consider our wish, a room with Zwinger view. - Breakfast was really good and selection was enormous. - They have started to serve afternoon tea, which was also lovely.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

• Superior Single Room

Exactly the little things a guest looks for during a stay at such a hotel. Great staff that values guests and make your stay a pleasure. I enjoy that the room is prepared for the night

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

For one night ok

No Information that wellness-area is in revision, Although be booked a room near pool. Restaurant not very good. Ratatouille with speck - german invention but a no go

The location and the bed

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Excellent location in the heart of Dresden.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Excellent location in the heart of Dresden. Historical building and modern chic. Very friendly and supportive personal. View from my window and balcony was magnificient day and night.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Relaxing four night break in a superior hotel.

Nothing. Cannot fault this hotel

Beautiful and impressive building in centre of old town. Unfortunately the pool was closed due to renovations but had used the swimming pool last time we had stayed and it was superb. Bistro pub is very popular with locals and guests advisable to book a table if staying at weekends.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

Perfect location, top class hotel

Had to pay for coffee (nespresso capsules) but it was not much. Breakfast too expensive, toiletries we're not as expected.

Location is perfect, staff very friendly, room size is amazing, if you can get the one with balcony it would be a plus (353).

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Very bad WIFI, the staff said it was my mobile's problem!

The shower is not that good! The room is not that clean: you still see the long hair from previous guest!! The most serious problem is the WIFI! We got annoyed by it all the time!! You can not play any video, and so often you can not open a webpage... When you tell the staff the WIFI was very bad, one female employer said it was my mobile phone's problem!!! She said they never heard other guests complained about the WIFI! But I don't believe it, since from BOOKING.COM, you can see enough complaint about their WIFI! Anyway, bad WIFI in the hotel is really a big problem! The way of the staff to solve the problem is also not professional!

Good location! Good bed!

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Great for what we wanted, very friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Having stayed at the Kempinski in Berlin we expected the same choice of food, Although very nice, breakfast was not as good as their Berlin Hotel

The room was perfect, right where we wanted to be for location

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

An excellent location and a bright and sizeable room

The breakfast room was overcrowded and we got the impression that the Hotel was trying to pack as many people as possible in every possible corner. We therefore decided to skip breakfast in the facility the second day The service and cleanness was, due to the above mentioned issue, poor.

An excellent location and a bright and sizeable room

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Fabulous

Location for Semper Oper in Dresden is perfect - just put on your dinner jacket and stroll to the opera across the road. A very classy hotel for a very classy opera house. Bistro stays open very late for after-opera supper.

We Price Match