Reviews of Hotel Zeil This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Zeil 12, Frankfurt City Centre (Old Town), 60313 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#161 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

Good hotel ruined by dust and inefficient staff
    • Business Double Room

The room was dirty and dusty when we arrived at 3 pm (check-in is at 2 pm.) We asked them to clean it up, but they said they couldn't because the cleaning staff only works until 1 pm. We asked them to find a solution and left the hotel to visit the city. When we got back at 8 pm no one had cleaned the room. We complained again to another receptionist, who didn't know anything about our problem, and gave us the same helpless response. We went for dinner and when we returned at 11 pm everything was the same. They offered to change us the room, but it was an inferior one and we had to move everything ourselves. So we just went to our room and cleaned ourselves. It was too late for us.

Good bed and location.

Great location, large and clean room, good breakfast

We needed to pay a tourist's tax upon arrival for which we were not informed when we did the reservation...and they insisted that it can only be payed in cash.there was also no iron available at the hotel.

Great location, large and clean room, good breakfast

Rubbish hotel - Only if you must
    • Business Double Room

No air-conditioning or even a fan. I asked for a quiet room to find myself on a busy arab street, noisy until very late...had to open the windows because of the lack of AC/fan = Disaster. No sound proofing in between floors so if you upstairs walks a lot you cannot rest. No iron!! I asked for one, they said you need to iron at the reception (??!!) to only find out that in fact they had no iron at all. Location could be good if it was not so noisy and populated with people who obviously do not get out of bed in the morning. Bathroom so small that I had to stay sideways to brush my teeth, one cannot stand straight in front of the sink. The shower did not empty itself properly so choice a) stop showering every 60 seconds or choice b) see the shower overflow onto the bathroom floor.

Nothing great to write about

Location is OK, but won't come back.
    • Standard Single Room

It's noisy. I stayed in room #21. That room is next to the elevator and the staircase. Every time guests use the staircase you hear the door slam. Also the noise from guests talking in the hallway is annoying. Also the noise from the street is loud and clear.

The location of the hotel is not far from the city center.

Good overall.

The lady in the checkin was not very expressive speaking english, so it was a little difficult to understand her requests. They only had one key per room. It didn't have air conditioner and only one pillow.

The location is the best. Family staff. Some are nice and friendly. It was comfortable and easygoing.

This is a good hotel conveniently located and a value for the price.
    • Standard Single Room

Mattress is ready for an upgrade. I could not receive wireless signal in my room. Some of the staff were very nice, friendly, attentive, others not so much.

Breakfast was good, but a bit overpriced for what was offered. Coffee was great.

City centre location free car park

Thank you to Anastasia, receptionist she was very nice and helpful, and thank you for an upgrade for business room. Excellent Location, just few min walk and you in the town centre. Mini fridge in the room , great. Free car parking is excellent.

The room was large and so was the bathroom.
    • Business Double Room

The mattress was old and caved in.

The room was large and so was the bathroom. We were on the back side of the building so it was quiet and the parking was monitored by cameras.

free private parking behind the hotel.

crazy elevator - it is extremely fast and does not give a change and time for 2nd passenger to leave it. No AC. Also I have doubts about safeness of the area where this hotel is located.

free private parking behind the hotel.

The location.
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is very dated. My room smelled really bad like sweat/damp/wet dog and it looked nothing like the photo I was expecting.

The location. And it’s quiet

The WiFi internet of hotel is very fast, nearly 2M-3M/s,...

The WiFi internet of hotel is very fast, nearly 2M-3M/s, the room and bathroom is very clean, also the breakfast included is very good! The location is very convenient, only 10 minuets of walk, you can arrive to the shopping center!

Nice place to stay for a few days

There was a slight smell in the room that we couldn't get rid of, but it was not bothering us much. The elevator was a bit small, but still ok to use by 2 people with 2 small suitcases.

The location/price ratio was nice - we were able to get to the city center easily. A free parking place was very convenient. The room was clean and big enough. Overall impression is good, especially for the price we paid.

Good location, bad service

Unclean - the toilet was not cleaned when we arrived (no details but I am indeed talking about the toilet bowl - disgusting and inexcusable). When I reported it to the reception, they didn't care and didn't even apologize. Overall they were unfriendly and did not greet us once (except for the older lady who was kind - the either two were unprofessional, I am even doubting they speak anything but German). Too hot - room was ridicolously hot (we came in April) - we couldn't sleep because of it, so much hotter than the outside. Too loud - even though we asked for a more quiet room, we were given the one overlooking the street where there were people shouting all night.

great location big rooms

Location, location, location

General state of repair of facilities. I stayed here because all central Frankfurt hotels under 300€ seemed to be booked. Great location. Decent front desk. But the only readon this was worth 200€ a night was because everything else was full!

Too expensive for a single bed room of that quality
    • Business Single Room

The room was attached to the lift and I could hear it all night, plus was generating significant vibration. At first, I thought that's a train passing by then I found out it'd the lift. The pillow was quite flat and uncomfortable. No extra bedding etc.

Leisure trip in frankfurt

the mattress is sink in the middle. the lift is small and close quickly, need to act very fast. Sunday no shop open to shop, except restaurants.

It was a spacious room and toilet. Clean and tidy.

The room was clean and the location was very central.

The hotel was quite noisy during the night and the windows weren’t well insulated. There is one central smoke alarm on the floor, but no smoke alarms in the individual rooms.

The room was clean and the location was very central.

The good choice for the good price

Maybe the hotel needs upgrade, but then it will be another price.

The perfect choice from the point of view location, free parking, the price-quality ratio. We stayed here for the second time and we weren't disappoimted. Thanks.

Convenient location, basic room

Some of the staff were completely disinterested and didn’t care. Others were good.

Room was basic but clean which is all we wanted for a one night stay. No storage in bathrooms.

Not what was expected!!!!
    • Business Double Room

In general the personel was not able to communicate well in English or in German. Unfriendliness was the order of the day. When comming back to my room found the room-maid making the bed and a stranger (male) looking around in the room. Upon confronting him he mumbled something in a foreign language DID NOT SPEAK AND PUSHED HIS WAY PAST ME!!!!!

Room ample and clean. Breakfast fine.

basic hotel for a cheap price
    • Standard Single Room

There's no sign outside the hotel stating that heres the hotel. I walked past the hotel, and asked a passerby where the hotel is.

The service for breakfast was very good.

Location;
    • Business Double Room

Rude staff; nosy location (cafe n bar next door loud music until 2-4am, depending on weekday) & hotel staff replies with ,take it or leave it'

Location; breakfast; internal design

Not at all satisfied with the hotel.
    • Business Double Room

we booked two business category rooms but we got only one that too was not what we saw on the hotel website. After complaining next day they gave us the same room when we showed them the picture. Then the lady on the reception told us that they have only one business rooms of that type in the whole hotel. we checked in on 7th feb at 9:30 am. on 9th feb the lady said that they have 2 business rooms of that category . on 15th night we came to know that they have 7 business rooms in that category. This shows that hotel has cheated us. they also refused to return back the money we gave for two business rooms. House keeping is also not good. they only make bed and clean the washbasins.They don't change the glasses and don't wipe the bathroom floor. overall the experience was not good in the hotel.

we liked the location .

1) It's good that the staff speaks Russian
    • Standard Single Room

1) Very poor soundproofing (my room was right above the bar) 2) Sagging mattress 3) Very small bathroom 4) The lack of a safe 5) No drinks in the mini bar

1) It's good that the staff speaks Russian 2) Many Russian TV channels 3) Good breakfast 4) Convenient location

Well located.
    • Standard Single Room

Rumble of trains/trams late and early. The room could have been cleaned more thoroughly. The door lock was very difficult to use and the wardrobe shook every time you walked past it.

Great location. Staff very helpful.

Excellent location within steps of the city center, shopping...
    • Standard Single Room

The walls are too thin and you can hear everything going on in the corridor. Some guests have complained about street noise, but my room was in the back and there was no noise coming from the street.

Excellent location within steps of the city center, shopping and public transportation, including direct S-Bahn lines to the airport. Multilingual and friendly staff. The room was comfortable and not too small.

Good place to stay for business trip and leisure
    • Business Double Room

it would be nice to have light butter for breakfast

We booked a business double room. The room is cosy and there is enough space. There is free parking behind of the hotel building and it is easy to access a car via the back door. I like comfortable bed, breakfast and fast wi-fi. Personnel is friendly and helpful. Location is perfect !

Pleasant. Could have been better.

The light switch near the bed was connected to the power socket which would not turn on independently. So the light would be on too.

Neat and clean rooms. Friendly staff.

It was clean and the location was easy to reach by public...
    • Business Double Room

The staff was not very helpful or informed, but it was not a problem at all. They were correct.

It was clean and the location was easy to reach by public transport. Good location and very good breakfast.

The location was the key, providing easy access to the Stadel Museum, etc.
    • Standard Single Room

The breakfast was great. Also, as I had lost my ID card at the airport, the staff really went the extra mile to double check in case I had lost my ID card there, and I am grateful for that.

Good value hotel near the centre of frankfurt

The parking was full but since we had our disabled son with us they were very helpful and arranged parking for us. WiFi was good and breakfast was varied and plentiful. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was a good size.

Bad welcoming.personal in the lobby don't want to speak not ever wanting yo answer to my questions. Comptinh breakfast for 2 persons duribg 2 nights when I was alone and don't want to make correction.Just they tell that I have to pay for 2 persons

I wouldn't stay here again!

There was no heating in our room and there was definitely no soundproofing. The staff barely said hello to us, on check in she just handed me a piece of paper to fill out and gave me our key, no confirming how long we were there for and no instructions on breakfast until I asked. I would not recommend this hotel.

Very nice, homely continental style breakfast!

After a few people used the shower the bathroom wasn’t too clean. I suppose it depends on person to person to actually clean after you use.

Very nice, homely continental style breakfast! Make your own Waffles ;)

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The staff was very accomodating and gave me a room though I...
    • Standard Single Room

There was no heater and so it was really cold at night and I kept waking up. No access to hot drinking water.

The staff was very accomodating and gave me a room though I arrived way too early. Definitely great location and good valie for what you are paying!

Central location, decent price, good breakfast, modern...

Front desk staff very rude (night receptionist polite but morning respect receptionist extremely rude) ; limited small parking lots; very limited n paid public parking

Central location, decent price, good breakfast, modern interior n elevator

Location, clean, good breakfast.
    • Standard Single Room

Lacks helpful info, how to use internet, breakfast times Confusion on checkout in calculating cost; they were unable to figure it out,

Location, clean, good breakfast. Learned that beer available!

I would not go back there and recommend others not either.

The corridor and the stairway were too dark and It was just horrible. I was awaken by very loud music at 2:30 AM and the music lasted more than one hour. I have never been to any hotel like this.

The checkout was extremely fast.

Great location - walking distance from the city center and...
    • Business Double Room

The only thing we found to be a little weird was that the receptionist wouldn't give us the Wi-Fi password and asked to personally enter it herself in our mobile phones. But the signal was great, so everything was fine in the end. ^_^

Great location - walking distance from the city center and the Christmas Market and there's a train that you get from the Airport and leaves you at a station which is less than 5 walking minutes from the hotel. We also appreciated that they let us leave our luggage at the hotel both before check-in (as we got there a bit early) and after check-out (as our plane was in the evening). Clean room, comfy bed, nice shower. Great breakfast - really appreciated the variety - fruits, milk and cereals, more types of cheese (even brie), omelette and boiled eggs, yummy bread as well + quite a few options for the sweet lovers as well. We recommend it!

All in all, it was a convinient stay.

Pillows not good... small and very thin. Strange too, below the thin bedsheet was no other cover but the mattress directly.

Breakfast was really good and the staff very helpfull!

Proximity to city center was good

The rooms were miserably filthy, the walls were dirty, the noise from other rooms or street was disturbing. The person at the reception told us we can cancel if it’s not for our taste, however it was not a problem of taste but one of common sense. The first room looked like someone just got out of bed, and we tried another one that had the wall very dirty and the shower almost fell from the wall. We decided to stay because there was no time to start searching again and loosing a couple of precious hours.

Proximity to city center was good

Generally the stay was good, we spent there only one night.
    • Standard Single Room

1) prepayment. 2) Rooms are tiny 3)As I said before in order to have good breakfast you have to come at 7.00 a.m., later there will be nothing and they don't add food 4) the guy at reception was very serious, not a sign of hospitality.

The hotel is situated on Zeil street, 5 minutes on foot from Konstablerwache. Russian speaking staff. Good breakfast in case you came in the very morning, free wifi of course is of great help. There should be a free parking I think but we didn't use it.

-location was very central, only few min of walking to the...

-Wifi password had to be manually typed to my mobile phone and laptop by the staff - they didn't want to tell me the password for 'security reasons' -Very old furniture, not very representative - the music from the bar outside was very loud until 2am although it was Tuesday (my room was on the 1st floor)

-location was very central, only few min of walking to the centre -clean

credit card was only for booking.
    • Business Double Room

credit card was only for booking... they take money from card, even in description is writen that u can pay in cash and nothing will be charged on card... wrong wrong... and i had worst bed i have ever had... i was tired in morning

Very nice, good value for money

Noise from the street.

Only stayed one night, but it was perfect for our needs - big room (for three people), well maintained and walking distance from the shopping area and all the tourist attractions.

I stayed only for one night and I was satisfied with my room.
    • Standard Single Room

I stayed only for one night and I was satisfied with my room. The people on reception were nice and polite. The hotel is aprox. 5 min walk away from the main shopping street and restaurants.

+ Breakfast was actually surprisingly good.

Wifi not possible to connect and I was not the only one. Room close to elevator. Sounded like a Harley Davidson passed by outside each time elevator was in use. No restaurant in the hotel.

+ Breakfast was actually surprisingly good. Location good in terms of close to public transport.

Good value for money accomodation

Decor in hallway and bedrooms could be freshened up though the hotel was spotlessly clean

good location, extensive breakfast choice & helpful staff

OK for 1 night
    • Standard Single Room

Too small blanket on a single bed. The area is not touristic as the main part of Zeil street. Many Turkish and Middle East cafes and other stuff. However, it was OK overall.

Russian speaking stuff was nice. Shower was good.

Friendly front desk staff; Good breakfast with healthy options; Comfortable, modern rooms.
    • Business Double Room

The fresh, modern room interiors didn't match the outdated lobby and hallways. Updating the common areas would make this hotel boutique fabulous. (but then again, how much time do you spend at the front desk and in the hall?)

The recently updated room was lovely. Very nice bed with clean white bedding; brand new bathroom with glass tile finishes. Ve

Good budget option for Frankfurt, it has everything you need and is clean and tidy. Very helpful sta
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the closest tube stop and from one of the main shopping streets. It’s very good value for money in that it’s clean and has everything you need in the room like bed, desk, wardrobe, good lighting. However you have to bear in mind it is a budget hotel so don’t expect any frills. I couldn’t get the Wi-Fi to work on my laptop on my phone but the very helpful man reception sort it out for me. I had a room facing the main street and I was concerned it would be noisy but actually there was very little noise and I had a really good nights sleep. I did not try breakfast so cannot comment on that.

The location was great
    • Standard Single Room

The staff very unprofessional and not friendly at all. Almsot all pf them except for the lady atbthe breakfast room. Internet did not work at my room at all and the staff did not care. Very bad snell at the room due to Shisha Shop neighboring the hotel. I could barely enter the shower as so small it was. Honestly speaking worst hotel i have experienced in the past 11 years in Frankfurt. I do not recommend it to any one under any circumstances

The location was great Breakfast was very good

Good. Value for money for such location and the hotel facility
    • Business Double Room

Hotel is located in the row of buildings (shops, local cafes and hukahh cafes). The entrance to the hotel is next to the oriental food hukahh cafe with a couple of outdoor tables for the cafe clients to enjoy smoking. This is a little odd for the hotel clients.

Excellent location for tourists (walking is easy to main shopping area and old town) and businessman (330 m to Konstankerwache transportation hub). Very good buffet breakfast. Staff is willing to assist if requested.

Perfect location and clean rooms

There was some strange noise from the heating radiator and we had to stop it but anyway it was very hot in the rooms.

The location was perfect - just a few minutes from city center. The room was comfortable and clean which was very important with an 1-year-old kid with us.

The receptionist who we interacted with was very unhelpful, kind of rude (maybe a cultural thing?) and not very welcoming. The parking information on policies were inaccurate to the reality. They had a limited number of parking slots (which are free) and yet the mentioned there's no need to make a reservation so when we arrived there we had to park in the street and paying for it. The WiFi connection didn't work nor on the room on in any common area.

Not recommended

The staff not eelcominf.. rode The room was very small and bathroom even smaller Not air conditioned.. it was very hot inside even the weather was good out.. Breakfast.. not so good No enough parking.. if you lucky you will have .

Only location

wouldn't check in again at Zile hotel.

There was no wifi for 2 days out of the 3 days I stayed there. According to the receptionist, the wifi is not working due to a problem with the provider. This was very disapointing. Also, we were late in checking out for one hour, and it is well known that check out can be extended for one hour; this is a prevailing practice. We arrived to the hotel at 1 pm only to find our stuff thrown infront of the elevator with no consideration whatsoever for us. Our phone number was provided; they could have simply left a message letting us know that the staff would enter our room or even they could have put our bags in a more decent way. The receptionist also kept arguing and said these are the rules. We understand the rules, but they could have been implemented more nicley.

The location of the hotel

Practical, nothing more

Since the hotel was bang on the street, the noise at night was HURRENDOUS ! Also for a 3 star hotel with more than 200€ per night it was not at all worth it. It was a very practical hotel, but nothing more

The location was ideal and the beds were the softest EVER !!!!

The room was huge for 2 people, including a very comfortable...

The parking lot is not sufficiently big, since it has just 4/5 spots.

The room was huge for 2 people, including a very comfortable bathroom. The breakfast was very good especially for the variety of choices available, either salty or sweet. The position is fantastic, very very close to one of the most usefull metro station (Konstablerwache) and on the shopping road where you can find whatever you're looking for. Absolutely recommended!

It was a pleasant place to stay.
    • Standard Single Room

The room didn't have air conditioning.

The breakfast was decent. It was nice to have a place to park without having to pay extra. The location was good for the part of town I wanted to stay in (near the Zeil). My room was fairly quiet (except for the construction noise in the street behind the hotel).

The hotel rate is worthy than what you pay, easy come easy go, appreciate the location the best.
    • Standard Single Room

If they could provide more choices for breakfast, it would be much better.

Zeil Hotel is very nice and cozy, and location is the best option, the room is a little small for single room. The breakfast is very simple but better than eating on the street.

Very comfortable hotel

Lift is too tight even for an average pushchair. Fan available but A/C would be preferable. The water pressure needs to be stronger on the top floor where I was and a bigger shower gel sachet would be ideal

The room was nice and spacious. The location of the hotel is one minute from the city center

Rather disappointing and uncomfortable stay.
    • Business Double Room

Uncomfortable. No air conditioning. Very few toiletries in room. Not many outlets. Not suitable for biz traveller.

Hotel was clean. Good location.

I'd come back again just because all the staff spoke Russian as well as other languages!
    • Standard Single Room

The toilet facilities were very cramped with a wash basin much too large for the space available making it difficult to move in the tiny space. The bar fringe wasn't working and in the summer temperatures it would have been a real asset. The street outside was very noisy at all hours of the day and night. Closing the window reduced the noise somewhat but made it too stuffy to sleep.

There were no noisy guests in the hotel. The staff were very helpful. They were always in attendance.

The location is amazing.
    • Standard Single Room

The rooms needed some maintainance work in the shower and lock. The bed was quite small.

The location is amazing. The food at breakfast was nice and the breakfast team were friendly. There was a big fridge.

Customer not respected

The fridge doest work for all rooms and not air-conditioning and the breakfast doesn't change even a bit elevator two days not working and you have to iron at reception

Fast enternet and very good Location and most people working not all are good

Great price and location
    • Standard Triple Room

Staff weren't particularly friendly. No air conditioning. Elevator was very small.

Staff weren't very friendly. Elevator was having issues and getting stuck, but a man was fixing it. Room was clean and comfy and spacious. No a/c, but there was a small fan and the window opened, however there is street noise. Breakfast was Buffet with a fair amount of hot & cold choice. The location is excellent right by main shopping area, so overall the price we paid for a triple room was excellent at about $125 the night. The next night we stayed at the Westin which was booked with our tour, that was a stones throw from the Zeil and that was about $500 a night for a triple, so Zeil is good value if you just're not looking for all services offered by a big hotel.

If you are on budget and want to live in the city center - choose this hotel.
    • Standard Single Room

Nothing could be better for such a price.

The breakfast was very good, the room clean and comfortable for one person, the location was great. The staff was very kind to me, I was able to use my room well before 2.00 p.m. I even got a tea when arrived. I am very grateful to them, like I came home!

Only 3 free parking for all customers in this hotel, They...

Only 3 free parking for all customers in this hotel, They said is full parking with rude attitude even I had arrived hotel at 4pm (check in start at 3pm). Parking was only interested to me on such far location. I had paid extra money for parking far away in public area. There are construction site near hotel, the noise wake me up at early morning. I would not recommend this hotel.

Just skip this place where customer is annoyance!
    • Standard Family Room

Check-in was like from some bad movie. The receptionist was seemingly annoyed when she had to stop playing with her phone. She barely watched me when she spoke something. Most rude and indifferent person I can think of. Parkin place was perhaps for three cars, but they used it for eight cars, so half of the cars were always stuck between the building wall and an another row of cars. You could only register to wifi in the ground floor. There was no cooling or any kind of air conditioning in room. Even exhaust in shower wasn't working. In summer this means the room was hot and humid. Things have been like this for some time. You can tell that just by looking the shower walls that were cracking and there were also some mould on them. I could go on and on, but you better just skip this place.

Location was good and room looked clean.

No parking
    • Standard Single Room

I just choos the hotel because of parking but there were no parking space and I had to pay about 20 € for the park at parking next to the Hotel for 24h

Good for visiting the Zoo
    • Standard Triple Room

A bit noisy - our room was above Zeil street which becomes pretty busy early in the morning.

We choose the hotel because it is close to the Zoo. It is 5 min walk from there. However it is suitable for a nice walk to the river and city center as well.

Close to the center

The room was a bit too kitch to our liking. Small bathroom.

Free but limited parking at the back of the hotel. Very close to the city center! Affordable price and friendly staff. Quite with the windows closed.

2nd stay and still satisfied :-)
    • Standard Single Room

the pigeons outside the window ;-)

Breakfast had all that was needed, and had also some extras, ...incl waffles :-) A fan and a small fridge in the room which came handy because it was over 30 degrees.

Not recommend

The room was clean but bathroom's tiles were broken, sofa's cover was ripped and fridge didn't work. We couldn't sleep because the bed was uncomfortable and so noisy. There was also a outdoor noise until midnight. Moreover, on the booking confirmation and hotel facilities was mentioned "Free private parking is possible on site" but only 4 parking lots available and we paid 2€ per hour on the nearest public parking(total 28€ for a day/night).

location was awesome.