Reviews of ibis Hotel Frankfurt City Messe 2 stars

Leonardo-da-Vinci-Allee 40, Bockenheim, 60486 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#147 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

Despite we live in Frankfurt, we had to spend a night to the hotel because a bomb from the 2nd World War was found in the area where we live so we had to evacuate our apartment for one night. We were disappointing that we couldn't benefit from the special price of 49 EUR which the hotel offered for the persons in the same situation like us, but we had to pay 86 EUR just because we reserved the hotel using booking.com

Clean

The 1 towel per person policy is an absolute discrace for the hotel sector. I felt so embarassed to have to use the same towel for my face and my ass. Every night I was going to the reception and asking for a fresh pair that they were giving me politely. But when I was telling them that I don't want to come down every night to ask for the same thing, they said they will note my room and they will be leaving more towels... but every night for 6 nights the same sad story... I'm going to Ibis hotels for more than 7 years but this time was probably my last one.

Spacey and clean room, quite location next to tram station.

I could not pay by card, not sure why as I paid the taxi ride from the airport minutes before my check in, so they charged me in USD more than what was set in booking.com. No really helpful staff especially when you get the place very late night after a super long journey and you just want to rest. Same for the check-out lady in the morning that would assume you should know how to get to the city center instead of trying to friendly explaining when you ask.

Easy to get from the airport. There is a tram station opposite this hotel. Not noise so quiet to rest.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

They need more irons and ironing boards.

Great spot for attending a show at the Messe. Comfortable rooms with everything that you needed for a good stay.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Free WiFi, only pop3 smtp and http. Bandwidth was way to low!!! No dutch tv. Free WiFi no streaming Netflix. Prices way to high (rippoff)! especially during musik messe. If the prices where normal, we would-be staying a view days longer.

Design of the room at the fourth Floor. Diner and bar where good.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Reception staff on our arrival were a bit confused on our booking. I was lucky to have our reservation in print. Would have been easier if the reception staff were more fluent in English.

There is a nice park in front of the hotel, also a swimming pool. walking distance of a tram stop and then easy to reach city center and Frankfurt Messe.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Arrived late evening (2230) at the closest train station - allegedly it has a taxi rank but there were not cabs. So walked good 25-30min to get to the hotel - a first cab passed me with 200m to go! Thankfully i was travelling light.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Our company has been your client for several years. Members of our team often travel to Frankfurt on business and choose your hotel for staying. We have been so far satisfied with the quality of your service. Yet this January there was a complaint from our staff members who stayed in your hotel on January 10-12, 2017; room 127. The room had bedbugs. Find attached pictures for your information. In the morning the girls informed the receptionist about this incident. He changed the room and offered them free breakfast as a complimentary excuse. We thank him for that! Yet we are really sorry to witness this decline in the level of service quality and sincerely hope that you will take all necessary measures to improve it.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

As we arrived it took for ever to check in. we got the key room was nor ready first time second room was occupied by some other people 3rd room was dirty 4th room was OK Never again , it is not worth the had ache even for free

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Personal was not friendly , all too hectic. The room was cold The food in the restaurant very expensive and the portions extremely small. salad had no taste.

lage

Parking fee at the garage

Good breakfast. Walking distance from the exhibition centre, also direct tram connection to the main entrance of the exhibition centre.

Good for short business travel.

shower area need additional space.

The bed was a bit too firm

The breakfast was excellent

Nothing to really not like about my stay.

The breakfast

Access from the road layout outside. Parking fees are too high.

The modern fresh feel about the place

everything was great, there was nothing not to like

bed was comfy

couldn't control air con . despite the 24 hour bar service advertising , no one available for more yhan 20 min at 3 am

Excellent location for our purposes next door to our friends place. Good transport links and not far from town. Great price.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

More food options...different cuisines...bigger tv and more english channels

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

bathroom

Good workers, good price

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

it's a bit old:)

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The waiting line at bfast , bathrooms are pretty small

Good bfast ,friendly reception

Coffee not strong enough Service could be friendlier at the check in

Good scrambled eggs Very nice waiters at the restaurant

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

No kettle, no fridge beds duvet just pulled up every day "not made up"

option of western breakfast close to tramline

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Staff

- Location - Air Condition - Clean

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

When most of the guests had gone the items at breakfast were reduced (bacon)

Whilst the hotel was full the breakfast was second to none!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

1- There was a men in the reception totaly un profitional and rude with us when we first arrived .. No smile No morale at all . I hope they replace him coze hes not good at all to receive customers.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

All feedback received for this hotel has been very positive. I will always book with this hotel for our exhibitions at the Messe if they have availability.

This is a business booking and our staff gave great feedback for this hotel. So much so that they always ask for this hotel when we work at the Messe arena. Location is great, staff are wonderful, breakfast was good. All good!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

there is a card inside the room which claims 15 MIN satisfaction. it seems to be a joke I asked for a bottle of water.The bar did not answer and reciption said:" go to bar and get it we do not have room service". No refrigerator no caffe pot no fitness room

It is a business hotel and 's ok

• Reviewed: 16 December 2015

The staff were incredibly rude! Very dismissive and condescending when speaking to my friend and myself. I speak enough German to have a conversation and they just shunned me when I tried. They tutted also when we corrected the fact they got our food order wrong! It ruined the experience for me so I would look to stay somewhere else next time.

The room was very clean and quiet, comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

No hot water in the bathroom on Sunday morning. Answer was "technical difficulties" with no estimated time of fix. Not a big issue, just annoying. Bed could probably use a bit more padding, which I could probably have asked for.

Clean hotel, good service, fair value given the Frankfurt marathon was happening that weekend.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

The free wifi was not working properly, weak signal

The facilities were outstanding for the cost. Very comfortable room, king size bed and good air conditioning system.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

No shops or anything within walking distance. Ours was just a one night stop over and the hotel bar served us well so not too much of an issue. The tram stop is just outside the hotel so if you are staying longer that would be useful.

Everything was outstanding. All new and cheap as chips. Staff spoke great english and were all very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

At my arrival the receptionist guy told me that my reservation was canceled and didn't explain why, it was the intervention of his director to clear everything for good. The breakfast is always the same, everyday( exactly like last year). NO frigobar in the room :-(

The location is good, the tram is close to the hotel and the Messe is only 6min away. The bar and restaurant was renewed and a very friendly place.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Nothing, everything ok.

I really enjoyed my stay. Breakfast is cool. It is very conveniently located, just some tram stations away from the Main Station. The stop is just some meters way from the hotel. It is quite, relaxing, everything worked fine.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2015

an electric kettle would be great

direct tram connection to the central station good acoustic isolation, quiet room breakfast was fine I would book this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

Beds were quite hard and the pillows weren't great. Had two people and 3 pillows, one more pillow would have been good.

Breakfast wasn't bad, good value for money. Has a tram station where you can catch a tram into the town center right outside.

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

No refregrator

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

Parking would be free.

Perfect location and value hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2016

Its too far from mess frankfurt

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Rooms were a biy small.

Perfectly located. You get a tram just nest to the hotel to travel across the city. Nice and cozy.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

No lock up cupboards or safes in the rooms we occupied.

Comfortable rooms and beds, good breakfast and dinner, friendly staff and free wifi.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2015

It is relatively far from the centre

The usual IBIS standard

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

I got the farest room

Cheap and modern for one night

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Value for money...easy with public transportation... easy to find and cozy..

• Reviewed: 16 October 2015

Large room Large bath room Full eqwepment

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

The restaurant is not open during lunch hours.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

They gave me a key of untidied room :-/

Clean room, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Very clean

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Due to the property renovation there was the drilling noise from the early morning that doesn't allow me to sleep from 8:00.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

We booked a twin room, but were given a double instead.

Comfortable, accessible and good value for money.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

Nice and clean with good location. There was also free parking available outside the hotel but you will need to pay for the private parking though.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

Exellent

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Found 2 hairs in the shower presumably from the previous guest

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

The room was too small for two people with two luggages but not a big problem.

The location was very good! It was right in front of tram station.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

slow wifi

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

there were 2 rooms very hot. Even we used the airconditioner for the whole night, we still can not sleep!!!!

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

quiet place

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

All

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

no value for money

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

Breakfast offering is poor

Location and staff excellent, rooms are fine

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse ibis Hotel Frankfurt City Messe traveller photo gallery