Reviews of ibis Hotel Stuttgart City 2 stars

Presselstr. 15, Stuttgart-Nord, 70191 Stuttgart, Germany

#71 of 113 hotels in Stuttgart

Free parking costs €12.00!! How is that free? Also receptionist looked down on me like mud on his shoe and stopped my booking in to answer a phone call while I’m standing there in bike leathers and it’s 30 degrees outside. Never met someone so arrogant in my life before. Steer well clear of here.

The best breakfast I've ever had on a hotel stay! I'd imagine this hotel is quite popular with travelling business folk, and as such it does maintain quite a high standard. I was happy with the choice, and it had ample, cheap parking

The receptionist wasn't able to provide me with the U-bahn schedule of the stop by the hotel. There are only 3 lines there, so it would be very helpful to give the printed schedule to the guests as they need it.

Clean, plain but comfortable room and nice bed. As for the location it is a bit away from the city center but very close to U-tram stop, so commuting to the center and other places is very easy.

We travelled with our 3 yo child and we've mentioned when we reserved the bedroom and anyway we didn't get a bed for him so he needed to sleep between me and my wife. We also didn't get any extra towel for him. Luckily was only for a night.

it was not so nice having stuff vacuum clean the lobby at midday on the weekend (both Saturday and Sunday). it made it impossible to have a quiet drink and relax while waiting to meet people or leave for the day. the receptionist when i arrived was not very friendly but everyone else i interacted with later was very nice

the night staff was really nice and you could have drinks all night round. it was close to the tram stop and only two stops away from the train station

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfy. Also had a huge shower and the location of the hotel was perfect for nearby train/tram connections into the city and beyond.

Furniture in the room was a bit old, in general it felt like a bit less of what I would've expected from a standard ibis. They should put a sign for the hotel at Nordbahnof, otherwise it's quite complicated to know you need to go up the passageway across the train tracks.

Location is quite ok, breakfast is also ok.

Ibis once gave you a fair room for a fair price , now they still have the fair room but not a fair price far to expensive for the standard of room , ibis used to be my first port of call when looking for a room as I travel a lot on business, not anymore .

Bandwidth of WiFi. That part of Stuttgart is just simply not the place where a human wish to be.... It has nothing to do with the Hotel. The Hotel was absolutely ok.

Nice people working there, they were helpful and polite.

Unfriendly staff, terrible check in experience, terrible hygiene, terrible breakfast. Tables in restaurant are always dirty. Morning at breakfast there is not enough staff even at 7.15 and it is a disaster. The worst quality of service and staff that I have ever seen in Germany! I travel a lot and use many IBIS hotels all over Europe but such unfriendly stuff and terrible service till now I have never seen! I am very disappointed!

The rooms were clean!

No tea and coffee in rooms so had to purchase from bar and take up. Restaurant not open on one of nights of our stay and it wasnt obvious this was the case until no lights on and you asked reception, however was told restaurant over road would be open and food was just as nice.

Nice breakfast, good service throughout and flexible our flights were altered but still able to check in even though it was very late at night when we got there. Very friendly staff.

Small room and not much atmosphere. More of a business hotel. Very disappointed when we arrived. There was 3 of us and we had booked a room for 3(double bed and a single bed for our 11 year old daughter) . The receptionist told us there was a mix up between booking.com and the hotel and only had rooms with a double bed and no bed for our daughter. She then shrugged her shoulders and offered us the ridiculous option of some bed clothes and a pillow so our daughter could sleep on the cold hard floor, she seemed amazed that we weren't happy with this. Luckily a manager with a bit of cop on arrived and after some discussion gave up the option of adjoining rooms for 10 euro extra a night and said he would give us free breakfast each morning. We were happy with this until we went to pay and it turned out it was only free breakfast for our daughter and we had to pay for it. Ended up costing us almost 100 euro more than the original price. Not happy.

The location was good for using the u bahn to get around.

The room keycard stopped working frequently and some reception staff was very rude!

Very good breakfast. Clean and comfortable room. Convenient parking. Public transport very close by.

Wifi is poor quality, we are in the 21.century people, so act like that when you are ordering a wifi-provider for your hotels and forget that dummy free pass, when you have to open a browser to get wifi. Could not play a video during my stay.... Reception staff has a big smile, but not really interested in helping when you ask a real question, lucky me that had my own mobile internet from my country (free roaming) so I could find out everything self.

Good location, easy to reach with U-bahn from everywhere in the city (Eckhartshaldenweg stop), 4 minutes to walk from this stop. Quick check-in. The room is standard Ibis. It was silent. Breakfast had a wide choice of food and beverages (no water). Starts 6.30, so even if you travel early you can have a bite and a coffee. In the breakfast room can be very crowded at times, and there is a smell from the kitchen, sitting in your clothes all day afterward.

Don't really have any complaints..

It was clean, comfortable and affordable. Very close to tram stop Eckhartshaldenweg (which is 2 stops from Hauptbahnhof). Perfect for my needs as I intended to spend most of my time in city centre rather than hotel.

Having the restaurant closed on Saturday and Sunday is a real turn-off, particularly given the very limited choices within walking distance, the Italian restaurant across the street, which is closed on Sunday! I will not stay there again or recommend it to someone unless this is changed, Worse, the quality of advice I received from the desk was not uniformly good. One of them told me I had to go on the train to an open restaurant; I learned the next day that the Italian restaurant was open. Another person recommended that I take a taxi to the Dortmund-Stuttgart football match. I was lucky to double check with someone else, who said that would be a BIG mistake and that I should take the train. Finally, the maid left dirty dishes in my room after I had used them for coffee or beer.

Why do foreign Ibis hotels not have tea and coffee making facilities? In Room 622 our still water purchased from the bar was green in the morning! Our water brought from England had turned green by the morning, despite the top being sealed!!!!!!!

Staff should not be smoking out front of hotel and it's not just your hotel it's most we stayed in. Some of your staff need to smile sad faces only show unhappy staff

The hotel was in walking distance of a park, which was a great place to visit in the evening and morning. Car parking was available right outside the hotel and was free (limited spaces though). Other secure, free car parking was available.

Tea/coffee making facilities in the room missing/not provided. On our visit the key board on the guest PC had sticking keys & unable to access web site to print off homeward boarding pass (used the reception one instead - UK beware non std keyboard & a real "joy" trying to access "@" symbol & shift up for caps too. but not a major issue

Bed was very comfortable, clean room with clean towels & bedding. Staff member "Rico" especially stood out. Could not do enough to make sure we were well catered for when we came back to the hotel at night. Very knowledgeable regarding the spirits & beers available at hotel. Probably one of the best barmen I've encountered for a long time, definitely an asset to this hotel

There is not so many interesting attractions nearby, the internet was too slow.

There is easy access to the Public transportation that goes to the city center. The room has Ibis standard: comfortable beds and cleanliness. It is located in a quiet region.

Staff were extremely rude on arrival and during our stay, very unwelcoming and in the hotel all on our floor all ceiling was missing, could see all the ducting pipes everything was awful.

I liked nothing about the hotel.

Room was simply covered in dust, we stayed there for two nights and housekeeping was in the room more than once - nothing was done about it, dust on all the possible surfaces. Girl at the reception was not friendly, had little experience or was simply not in the mood but she clearly checked us in just for one day as both our room cards were not active after one night. Same thing she tried to do with the parking check, we bought parking for two days and she gave us a card for 24hrs. Not very professional.

Parking which you need to buy separately was good. I like Ibis in general for the quality of the services, quite modern basic rooms with all the necessities.

Room keys were incredibly fiddly - another couple down the hall from us had the same problem, it too 8-9 tries before the door would open! The corridor ceilings were completely open - the place looked like it was going through a major remodelling and wasn't nice to walk along. The restaurant was closed when we went downstairs - not a major problem as we found a lovely place nearby, but the hotel's in the middle of a commercial park - the alternative we were offered was a pizza delivery company! Also there were no tea-making facilities in the rooms.

Good breakfast and friendly staff. Plenty of parking spaces for cars. Comfy bed and quiet.

No mini bar in the rooms and the were doing construction in the rooms. In which I was unaware of before I booked the room.

Great location with quick access to local transportation.

Wanted to pay cash but they didnt have enough cash to return our balance, so we had to take a tramp to the nearest town just to break our euro. No shops nearby No iron as theres only 1 iron and someone has already borrowed it No hot water for coffee tea facilities in the room No mineral water provided either Toilet is very small

Nice staff. Food at either the Hotel or the "Biergarten" across the street. Otherwise the Hotel is in a business area. If you want to see Stuttgart you have to take the U-Bahn (easy). Reasonable Price. (traffic to reach Hotel a bit hectic !!!) Perfect for visiting the BauHaus Siedlung (Le Courbusier Museum)

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Nothing to eat over the weekend as the hotel's restaurant is closed on weekends. We had to take a tram to the Center to eat. Hotel is not conveniently located. Staff was not responsive. One of the lamps at the window was not working. Despite informing the staff, no action was taken. It made reading near the window difficult as there was no light. No fridge, no coffee/tea, no security box in the rooms. Bath soap and shampoo were not refilled when they ran out. We had to use our own bath soap/shampoo. Breakfast has very limted variety. Only bread and cold cuts and coffee and yougurt, nothing else. Not enough elecrical sockets.

Hotel is located in a quiet office area. It's peaceful and the hotel is quite new. The rooms are well cleaned.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The staff were extremely welcoming, helpful and informative, which helped make my holiday stay greater, especially considering I don't speak German. The 3 nights I stayed here were very comfortable and I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

There was no room service from the hotel kitchen. Also the restaurant part of the hotel closed very early, and there was very limited availability from the menu over the weekend. The cafe menu can include a wider range of food items, rather than focusing so much on paninis.

The staff were very polite and helpful at all times.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Easy to find, free parking in front of the hotel, or private parking in the garage for 6 euro/day, beautiful and cheap hotel, clean room, small but perfect for 1-2 nights.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Tea and coffe facilities in yhe room would have been nice

Service was very good. Breakfastwas amazing and the staff worked very hard to keep up with the demands. The room wasbasic but in fairness we didnt go on holiday to dpend it in a room however this is by far a criticism asthe room had everything we needed and was very clean. Never having been to Germany before so our German abilities were dire but the staff were very helpful and had good local knowledge. I would rate this hotel very highly. Only criticism is that it would have been nice to have tea/coffee facilities in our room.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

We stay here last weekend: 1-2.10.2016 and our experience was terrible: IMHO: too high price for such location, rooms and services. We have to pay 189 euro for the night without breakfast and parking. Small room with too soft mattresses and back pain in the morning. Staff on a bar couldn't find a wine corkscrew, so we should drink wine from already opened bottle. The whole night (from 23:00 until 4:00) downstairs in the restaurant company of young drunk people on the terrace loudly shouted, pounded on the table with glasses, dirty swearing and not allowed guests to sleep. Staff did nothing and did not call the police. Disgusting experience!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

i made the booking for a family of 4, i got 2 rooms that can't be connected, in fact the hotel only have single rooms. the issue wasn't in the hotel, it was in booking.com system that listed it as part of my options.

location and staff support.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Despite the location, there are few free parking spots because the hotel is located in a sort of business district.

Location was quite good: there is a tram stop nearby and the city center is at walkable distance anyway.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

The location is a bit outside of the core city center.

The hotel provides 3 days travel pass for metro, S-Bahn and tram network which can be obtained at the time of check-in. We were searching for it on the train stations but it is good to be available at the hotel itself.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

I've been staying in this hotel regularly for a number of years. Sadly, I've to say that the overall quality is slowly but surely sinking. Reception staff becoming cold and unpolite (everything, including breakfasts paid in advance and claiming a supplementary payment at the check out. When I remind her that it is already paid, sais that ´my colleague must have made a mistake'. Once the final bill in hand I spot the mistake and return to get reimbursed, she does it reluctantly, making faces and, obviously no excuses extended). Despite the fact that I m a retirning customer, every time I have to fill in again all my particulars, unlike in other Accor hotels. Breakfast quality is also deteriorating, waiting staff starting to clean everything 30 minutes before closing, shouting over the head of the clients in a foreign (Slavic) language. It's a pity, I highly appreciated this hotel before.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

I requested an ironing set and was asked to pick one up at the reception. Oldest board ever with torn coating, stuffed with an old towel to replace the padding. Iron corroded with black crust and equally old. Can't be so hard to get a few nice ironing sets - I am sure this hotel is frequented by business travelers who would appreciate this.

Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

I would have liked tea/coffee making facilities in the bedroom

Bed was very comfortable and everything was bright and clean. The hotel was easy to get to on the tram

Very good Hotel as you would expect from one recently built.

Nothing it was great

Quiet Hotel, easy access to town by tram

New, fresh and bright comfortable bed and a quiet nights sleep

The staff attitude

Its clean and nice

- nice hotel with an excellent location - good value for money

Ultra thin walls. Room size not family + pets friendly.

Bed Ok. Clean. Great breakfast.

Could do with more comfortable pillows in the bedroom

Clean and friendly not far from the city centre with good transport connections

carpet on the corridor of every floor

Great breakfast experience!

breakfast

great breakfast

The reception staff went above and beyond with advice and help especially the young man with a beard (sorry didn't get his name).

Far from city center.

Clean hotel with nice personnel.

Price

It said 0.2 miles from metro but it was atleast 600 to 700 meters but it wasn't bad

It was quite and clean

Very clean and comfortable. Good location and reasonable price.

charge my credit card 2 times by mistake...after the call to the hotel, they canceled one payment, but bank hold my money for 1 month

comfortable bed

TV

Pozicion frim centar

Far from centar, but it's ok

notting

The personel where very friendly we booked the rooms a half hour before because we have bad weather on the way .

Everything was good, but croissants on the breakfast were just prefect)

Very close to the tram station and the city center, clean and comfortable room, friendly!!

Clean, modern, comfortable, nice bar area

Sugar added to wine to sweeten ... only found by the residual in bottom ..

STAFF IS NOT HELPFULL

LOCATION

No restaurant service. Bar serves only bottled drinks.

Breakfast was good. Staff very much to-the-point. Not flexible even being lean season.

Near to the metro and the centre

Under the bed was not cleaned

another hotel

Clean and functionable

the room doesn’t have any water heater so you can’t make coffee. there is no safe box in the room

Our room wasn't cleaned - we had stripped the bed to help and when we returned that night the room was just as we left it

The bed was very comfortable. 2 stops by tram from the main station to the hotel. Very quiet hotel. Good for relaxation.

The breakfast was amazing. So much to eat and so many options. The hours were great too.

Friendly staff

Convenience, comfort and friendly helpful staff