Reviews of IFA Schöneck Hotel & Ferienpark This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hohe Reuth 5, 08261 Schöneck, Germany

#3 of 4 hotels in Schöneck

Read more- opens a dialog box

Confortable and best location to practice sports (bike-snow-adventure) around
    • 1.5 Room Apartment

Nothing special, it was quite good. Maybe a rooms reforming for being more actual could be nice.

Fantastic place for expend sports days with family and friends: bicycle, adventure, nature, snow... good location for easy days. Fun swimming pool. Easy parking. Room enough confortable, not a special one.

First, we were not warned that the aquapark facilities will...
    • 2-Room Apartment

First, we were not warned that the aquapark facilities will be closed at the dates of our visit upfront. This information has not been mentioned anytime during my reservation. It is only mentioned on the hotel website hidden under a subsection of the opening hours of the pools at the very bottom of the page. Taking into account that the aquapark surely is one of the main attractions of this hotel, one would expect a more open and honest communication of the closure. Second, this hotel is probably the only hotel in the world where "half board (halb pension)" means dinner WITHOUT breakfast. So beware. I could not book the meals through Booking.com as this was not an option so I asked at the hotel restaurant directly if I can purchase the meals there. I was assured that this is not a problem and I was informed that I will pay for half board which will be good for a dinner and the next day breakfast. I received a bill clearly stating "halb pension = half board". I was even reminded to bring the bill with me next morning for the breakfast as a proof of payment as it will be not recorded in the system. How big was my surprise when the next morning the lady at the restaurant refused to let us in stating that the half board in this case means dinner only and I have to pay extra for breakfast. And payment by cash only - no credit cards, not an option to pay on reception. Even at the hotel reception everyone assured me that in this hotel if you pay for half board, it only includes dinner without breakfast. Seriously?

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Excellent place for a family vacation
    • 1.5 Room Apartment

Loved this place! It kind of reminds the hotel from DDR time, so nothing super fancy, but it is so amzing to stay here with family and especially kids. You have everything you need - waterpark, skiing possibilities are just around the corner, playing rooms for kids, spa for mamas, restaurants with the view of the hills and a lot more. The breakfast and dinner buffet is amazing, lots of options for everyone. WOuld definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to spend some quality time with their loved ones.

Aqua world

the dinner buffet was too expensive, and the options where basics

Aqua world

The location, surrounding area is beautiful.
    • 1.5 Room Apartment

Internet connection is just terrible. It pretty much doesn't work at all.

The location, surrounding area is beautiful.

Astonishing location with a perfect panorama

Very low variety of food for dinner and early closing of all dine and bar

Astonishing location with a perfect panorama

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

I stayed in that hotel for 4 days but not even one day they...

I stayed in that hotel for 4 days but not even one day they cleaned my room. I was there for a workshop so I left hotel early mornings and reached in the late nights . I thought at least they would check my room whether it needed to be cleaned or not.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

It was a great weekend break.

It was a great weekend break. We really enjoyed the leisure facilities.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

Great swimming pools, skiing area

Great swimming pools, skiing area

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.