Reviews of Hotel Imperial This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Barthelstr. 93, Ehrenfeld, 50823 Cologne, Germany

#67 of 223 hotels in Cologne

Upon checkout, the front desk could not properly read my reservation and was about to charge me twice. Had I not had my email printout, or have had to leave before the desk opened; I would have been charged twice.

The quietness of the neighborhood.

• Comfort Double Room

I would have liked a safe in the room as I felt the my room could possibly been have accessed by the flat roof leading to the window. Overall clean , but the shelves in the wardrobe were dusty and my dark items of clothing kept on there ended up with a layer of dust.

Breakfast: Good selection of breads, cooked meat and cheeses . Liked the scrambled eggs in particular. I enjoyed the coffee too. 10/10 for me. Room: The room and bathroom were spacious. The bathroom is fairly modern with a good shower and general facilities. Staff: Very friendly and helpful staff. One of the owners who is also the chef, was chatty and had a great attitude. Just the sort of person for such a family run business. Forgot to say, I enjoyed the beer there too.

The only thing I had wished was that it was closer to the center, but we walked from the hotel to the center and got to see quiet a bit of Cologne. If you don't like to walk, there is public transportation but we didn't use it. Driving the car in the center is not advisable.

The gentleman that helped us was fabulous. He took the time to get us settled. We arrived in the morning and he helped us park the car checked us in although we couldn't get to the room until after 2pm. The parking was in the property of the hotel so we left all our staff in the car. We returned that evening at 8pm after spending the day in Cologne. The next morning the same gentleman helped us check out and exit the parking garage. Excellent service. He gave us maps and explained all the best places to go.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

We were told breakfast was included on our arrival, then charged at the end. The room was cleaned on our last full day but they did not replace complimentary water, we asked for some and were told it was chargeable. They did remove it from the bill however. Also we arrived back at hotel at 11pm one evening hoping to have a last drink only to be told firmly that the bar was closed, even though all info relating said it was open until 11.30

Room was good, breakfast staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good value breakfast. Off-road parking. In quiet residential area, but still within very easy reach of the city centre (public transport options within a short walk).

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The beds were a bit too hard and they creaked when I moved. And the breakfast could use a bit of improvement.

The employees at the hotel were extremely nice and professional. They were without a doubt the best part of the hotel.

Too expensive

The staff

breakfast choices

hotel facilities. staff are professional and very friendly

Mini bar contained only water, would have been nice to have had tea making facilities.

wifi

• Comfort Double Room

The room air was a bit dusty

The size of a double room was quite good, but the bathroom was huge / "imperial"

Location is too far from central

Clean and beautiful environment

excellent hotel, great staff . great room, I think I will stay there if will be visiting Cologne next time

Worst room for highest price because of convention in köln.

Staff is very friendly

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

It is far from center , the blankets are too small and are not comfortable enough

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Staff at check-in not very helpful.

Staff at restaurant for breakfast and lunch very good. The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Pillows

Clean and quiet

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

the price is kinda high..

Perfect location, not too far from downtown Cologne, comfortable rooms, everything is very clean.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

There was someone smoking in our floor that was supposed to be smoke free. It was a guest, so I am not sure if the hotel could do something about it? Not pleasant, though.

The bed was comfortable and the shower was amazing! The staff was helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

We did not like the pillows (too soft) The hotel should mention in advance you should leave your keys if you want to use the parking. Therefore we had to use a nearby parking, as I'm not allowed to let others drive with my car...

Good value for money Nice breakfast Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Hard to find Parking

• Reviewed: 3 October 2015

Narrow garage

Nice people , reasonable price

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

Family run business, everybody extremely helpful and friendly

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.