Reviews of Strandhotel VierJahresZeiten This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Bismarckstraße 40, 26757 Borkum, Germany

#15 of 22 hotels in Borkum

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

It is a dated hotel and my room was at very least 3 star...
    • Economy Double Room with landward view

It is a dated hotel and my room was at very least 3 star hotel room : windows dirty so no view , no fridge in the room, overall clean but dated - as in bathroom looked very old. I didn't visit the spa since there was no massage offered and with the overall dated look of the hotel I had no curiosity.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Splendid!
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

A superb hotel! I was housed in a beautiful room, large and with a large window facing the sea, and a balcony. A fabulous experience. The breakfast buffet is complete and diverse, there are something for everyone. And the staff very attentive. Highly recommended! But ask for a room with views over the sea.

Located on the sea front.

The single bed was rather small.

Located on the sea front.

Excellent WiFi

Excellent WiFi

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Our trip was spontaneous so we ended up booking a hotel room...

I guess one of the waiter at the breakfast was stressed or something. He could have been nicer though. Also I did not like how he said "room number!?" since it made us feel like we are not allowed in such a hotel!

Our trip was spontaneous so we ended up booking a hotel room that was not in our price range but we wanted to go to Borkum on that day by any means and every other accommodation was booked out. We paid 80€ each plus tax. However, a really good and big breakfast was included and the spa area with a nice and modern pool as well as two nice saunas are worth to pay a little bit more. Probably the hotel is pricy since it is located at the main touristic street on Borkum and also next to the beach. Staff members were helpful but not overly nice. They were typical German in my eyes. Unfortunately, the elderly waiter at the breakfast was rude. All in all I'd say that the price is still high at least for young travellers but it was worth the money for such a nice experience. I'd sure go to there again!!

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Last room available for a spontaneous visit.

Although advertised as having free wifi. There was a problem, they only are able to supply 159 and the hotel was full. Even though we had a code and strong wifi signal, not possible to log on. As it was essential to have a connection the receptionist cleverly suggested we go to their sister hotel, who kindly enabled our connection, however we wasted time going and there was no offer of compensation.

Last room available for a spontaneous visit. Comfortable bed with a bathroom with a spa bath. Nice swimming pool and spa facilities Good choice at breakfast. Fantastic position in the sea front Lovely modern reception, bar and dining room

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

In the restaurant my husband could get all kind of dietary...

The economy rooms are really small, bathroom is not usable for two persons at once. Ventilation only through windows. Breakfast juices not tasty, also little choice from breakfast buffet for vegetarians. No mini bar.

In the restaurant my husband could get all kind of dietary meals. He can only eat hot meals with meat and rice. The chef made these meals also for breakfast and lunch in a box. Therefore we could have a relaxing couple of days. Very nice wellness area.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.