Reviews of IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Am Luftbrückendenkmal 1, 60549 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#117 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

The hotel is a good option if one needs to catch an early...

The shuttle for the airport was not free of charge, nevertheless for 7 euro it was possible to use it as many times as one wanted. The buffet option for dinner was not so appealing and I was told it was not possible to order à la carte.

The hotel is a good option if one needs to catch an early flight or after a long flight. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The little pub next-door is a nice option for dinner/lunch, and the shuttle to the airport is definitely a plus.

The staff was so nice, no matter what time it was (even at 3...

The WiFi quality wasn’t as good as expected... even WhatsApp messages took way to long to send...

The staff was so nice, no matter what time it was (even at 3 in the night) they’ve been always helpful and friendly. The housekeeping did an excellent job, I guess they had a lot of work the weekend we’ve been there (World Club Dome Festival) but everything was satisfying. Thank you Intercity ❤️

Comfortable and easy to and from the airport

The long wait until my departure with nothing to do or see. Very industrial area with no-where to walk around outside such as a park or green area but I’m from NZ and we are spoilt for greenery

Comfort and cleanliness. Easy access to airport

Friendly staff attended to guests quickly.

I was surprised to learn that the airport shuttle was not included in the price, but cost 7€ per person! With two people, it´s already worth taking a taxi instead then, which we did! We also picked this hotel over other comparable airport hotels, because it boasted a gym and sauna... the gym was a sad room with only little equipment and the sauna did not reach sauna heat.

Friendly staff attended to guests quickly.

The stay was great.

The shuttle bus does cost €7, and the cost of the breakfast seems exorbitant (€23).

The stay was great. Very nice room. Clean. Air conditioning was in when I arrived and the room was very comfortable. Everything was very clean. Easy check-in and check-out. The bus that shuttles to the airport runs automatically every half hour or so, which means you don’t have to call the hotel. And you can’t miss the big bus which is clearly marked. This will be my note of choice when landing in Frankfurt.

Convenient and efficient

Shower box was not watertight - leaked onto bathroom floor.

Convenient for overnight stay at airport. Quick check-in and check-out. Shuttle to and from airport was efficient (free from airport, EUR7.00 to return to airport).

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the restaurant had...

I think 7€ (per person) for the airport shuttle bus is quite a lot …

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the restaurant had delicious food and the room was also nice.

I would stay there again to have a convenient connection for a flight from the airport.

Parking should have been included with the hotel booking. Also, there was a smell of sewage on the first floor!

The hotel was 55 years earlier the first one I stayed in when I came to Germany as a US Army Officer! Then part of Rhein-Main Air Force Base.

Felt unhappy -Unable to talk to the unfriendly Receptionist - allowing me to pay for mini bar

the receptionist at front office that is not friendly and helpful. Especially probably we are Asian origin. During check out, I wanted to pay for the mini bar and the shuttle bus is arriving to leave the Hotel. BUT the receptionist is ignoring my request that I pay then ASAP and to catch the Shuttle Bus. In the end I left behind EUR20 for the mini bar without getting back my change. On top for that I missed the bus. So, I have to hired a Taxi and paid Eur 20 for the trip to airport terminal

Simple clean and price is reasonable

Great hotel

Virtually the only way to get there is using the shuttle which means you should add to the announced price 7 € / person. I would've liked to try the breakfast unfortunately 23 € / person is quite a lot.

The hotel is close to the airport. The shuttle makes the transportation quite easy. The room was clean and spacious. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

only if you really have to

I wanted a non smoking room - they gave me a smoking room (and I couldn't be moved). The smoke smell was disgusting. I slept with the window open (zero degrees) because the smell was so bad. The shower - I could count the number of holes the water was coming out (8). I pulled apart the shower head and cleaned all the calcium out to improve the water flow. House keeping - why have a telephone if no one answers it. They charge 7 euros for the shuttle bus to the terminal. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere at the back of the airport. There is absolutely nothing to do in this area.

The bed was comfortable. The front desk staff were nice.

The worst experience i have ever had.

The worst receptionists they have. the gentlemans name is J.Botha and i do not remeber the ladies name. They never tried to help the customer all they need is your money. Stayed a lots of hotel and this is the definately the worst. Never ever stay in that hotel you will regret it.

the worst hotel.

I will not recommend this hotel

I came from Japan to take pictures. I chose this hotel so close from the shooting spot of the airplane. However, there is a problem in this hotel. The first one is that Wi - Fi is not connected. I asked the staff to settle, but I could not do it. The second thing is that there is almost no amenity. In addition, the shuttle bus is also expensive. So, I will not recommend this hotel.

Wifi is really not the strength of this hotel.

shuttle service is indeed convenient but it will be better if it comes in higher frequency.

Wifi is really not the strength of this hotel. but there is a good bar next to the main entrance which is not expensive compare to other fancy hotels around.

Clean, close to the airport

Hotel is giving themselves 4 stars. But it is far from that… It is more like travel lodge. We were given a double room, but the blanket was only one and the size for single person only. Towel in the bathroom also only one… Definitely we two were squeezed into the single room.

Clean, close to the airport

I stayed there for 2 nights during Messe week.

The airport shuttle was convenient. But I had to wait for it half an hour outside of the airpot. It was very cold day....

I stayed there for 2 nights during Messe week. The hotel was comfortable. The breakfast was also very good. There were a variety of food including Rice and Kimuchi. It was realy nice for me.

A very convenient place to stay for flying out the next day.

Bigger towels!

Great staff! Polite and friendly. Awesome breakfast buffet which was included in our booking price . Shuttle is 7 euro, but takes your right to Terminal 2 for international travelers which other hotels do not do with a free shuttle which only goes as far as Terminal 1. Then you have to switch shuttles which is tough.

very confortable but unpleasant with service at front desk

The staff (ladies) at the front desk were not helpful at all, no care, no consideration. All in all, there were awful. The incident with these ladies made my stay sweet and bitter.

It was very clean modern and had good amenities.

No shampoo/shower gel.

No shampoo/shower gel. I asked the front desk late at night and was told i had to wait until the morning when housekeeping was in. I had to shower without any soap

Good hotel not so perfect employee

The front desk is very unfriendly. I was given incorrect information about lunch and given wrong type of room -- I spent extra reserving a large bed. When I told her about all these, she wasn't even apologetic about it. There are other signs of unhappy employee... Overall, this is an average hotel which is operational. Not very friendly.

The bed is firm, everything is clean

Food in restaurant was really good.

More staff in restaurant would be really nice (as each time we waited for waiter to order or ask something - it took 30~40min between anyone showed, or ordered drinks arrived). Also, while food was really good, prices in this restaurant are not cheap. Morning transfer shuttle to airport was 25min late (we were there even 10min before scheduled time, and even before asked at counter at which hour they drive), good thing we had a lot of time to spare. Be prepared, that when you arrive with shuttle, there might be a lot of new guests. Even though there were 3 people at the reception managing new guests, it still took more than 20~25 min for whole queue to finish.

Food in restaurant was really good. Room was clean and quiet, with everything required. Whole booking process was quite fast and easy.

Extremely good value and uiet night's sleep

Bit far from the airport (25 minutes to get back to Terminal 2. Better for T1)

Easy, clean, quiet. Efficient check in, bar and barman very nice, didn't try restaurant

Complaint against restaurant manager

Dear Uwe Troll, General Manager, Intercity Hotel Frankfurt Airport, Germany This is to bring into your immediate attention that I would like to report serious issue for which require your urgent attention, undersigned stayed in your hotel from 23rd until 26th October in room 2104 to attend CPHI exhibition. I had invited our business partner from Poland for meeting in your hotel on 25th October at 7:00PM. Since my business partner came from Poland I had invited them for dinner and took them to your hotel’s restaurant at around 7:30pm where we were attended by male waiter (don’t’ know his name). I told him that Im staying in your hotel and he can charge bill to my room despite that he was asking about “which group” whereas I don’t belong to any group and his body language response was kind of rude. Nevertheless, since waiter told us that they offer buffet today we went inside rather than sitting outside and placed our bags and stuff on very first table for four people (next to buffet). We took our time to bring food to table and started eating, till this moment no one approached us. All of sudden, a guy name Mansour appears and told us that we CANNOT sit on this table as its reserved. We looked at the table and turned our head around to see all other tables but none of the table was marked as “Reserved” therefore, we told Mr. Mansour that we occupied this table because we don’t see any reservation plate placed on any table of your restaurant. Instead of apologizing for not placing reservation batch, his very rude reply was that “we have to move right now because he’s telling us”. While we were sitting at table, he started placing reservation mark on table which I rejected, you may see all this in your CCTV cameras. My polish guest (two ladies) and myself got surprised with his behavior and told him that we are not going to move until we finish our food.

Comfortable & convenient

Everything was fine. No complaints

Quite a new hotel with very spacious rooms. Remarkably quiet for being so close to the airport. I had a small problem with my room however the staff took care of it immediately and in fact went above and beyond. I would definitely stay here again.

Clean and convenient

You do have to factor in another 7 euros per person to use the shuttle bus when you're comparing prices. But they will give you all-day passes for public transportation in Frankfurt.

It's an airport hotel. We were only asking for it to be comfortable, clean and easy to get to. It is all those things.

And when I asked them it take a while, and than tomorrow they will check it !
    • Business Double Room

The heating doesn't work and it was 7 degree C It's winter, and the hotel 4 stars!!! I'm very disappointed to use booking APP , to make a reservation in this Hotel

Nice for one night stay but no parking for guests

No free parking for guests, you will get charged a lot of money per day as it is extremely expensive. Just one night parking is over 20 Euros

Friendly staff, modern and clean rooms. extensive breakfast

Convenient to airport.

Breakfast was expensive buffet. No cheaper Option for small eaters!

We just needed a bed close to airport. Shuttle was good and free transport into town by train the next day was provided.

Nice

It would have been nice if the drink were part of the buffet. And the workers in this area were not very friendly. They were busy visiting with each other.

The front desk people were very friendly and nice.

Could have been better, but was close to the airport and had a decent breakfast.

The internet connection was, in my room, rather poor, especially at night when it was busier. It was also noisy in the hallway outside my door with people shouting and walking about. Dinner buffet was unreasonably expensive for what it was. The food was good, but overpriced. The shuttle costs 7€ to get to the airport, which you are basically stuck paying. The air-conditioning was impossible to adjust, just "warm" and "cold" and "on/off"buttons on the wall.

Smart stay

May the minibar price needs to be reduced a bit.

Price, location and bus shuttle plus free ticket to reach main station. Intercity has natural raw honey for sell, try it.

Good transit hotel at Frankfurt airport.

The night I stayed there was very busy and the bar staff were under pressure to serve all the customers promptly.

This is a good hotel for a stopover at Frankfurt airport. It is a few miles from the airport but there is a regular shuttle bus for which they charge a fare. The hotel can be very reasonably priced if booked well in advance. There is a good buffet breakfast available and a nice bar with outside seating area.

Value for money
    • Standard Plus Double Room

Closer to the airport than city center

Staff were very nice and the hotel was super clean. Modern interior and a nice in-house bar. Also close to the airport.

Brilliant Airport Hotel

This is an excellent Hotel located right next to Frankfurt airport. The staff were brilliant and the food in the restaurant was super too. Some airport hotels, tend not to be great. However, this one was excellent and would definitely recommend.

Overall good hotel and value for money

Need to dusing in rooms. And if someone had arthritis in their hands it would be hard to squeeze soap from the container.

The breakfast was great. There was so much choice. The hotel shuttle service and they gave a train ticket for duration of the stay. The hotel is value for money!

Nice room, expensive breakfasts!

Breakfast costs 22 Euros per person per night and as far as I'm concerned that's a real rip-off. We therefore went without. In the evening, food and drink in the JU52 bar was also over priced (2 standard cheese pizzas and 3 soft drinks cost nearly 40 Euros). The main restaurant offered a menu that consisted almost entirely of asparagus.

The room was fine, bright, clean and larger than I'd expected. The air-con worked well, there was tea/coffee-making facility and a minibar. The double glazing sound-proofing was superb. The shower/washroom was modern and clean and there was plenty of hot water.

Would return to this hotel

The shower stall had mold around the lower portion. The shower head was out of control, also, did not drain properly. When making the reservation, we requested rooms close to the lift, as walking is difficult. We were placed almost as far as possible away from the lift??

Close to the FRA

10 or 20min.

10 or 20min. away from the airport by taxi. Breakfast and Dinner buffe is delicious and has a wide variety of food. The restaurant has an outside terrace.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

I wouldn't stay here if I was you.

I stood at the airport waiting for over an hour for the shuttle bus. The description says "modern gym" but the 4 machines were old and didn't work correctly. Very poor overall.

Very good hotel, but a bit far away

Prices of Minibar are a bit expensive. Also shuttle bus goes to / back from the airport not 24 hours / day. So it's gonna be hard to get to the hotel at night time.

Frankfurt daily public transport ticket is included into the price. That's wonderful. Everything's clean and comfortable.

Use of shuttles to reach the hotel and back to the airport...

The bathroom could use some extra clothes / towel hooks.

Use of shuttles to reach the hotel and back to the airport to get to the train station. Very convenient, frequent, and at a cost of only 7 euros per person for our entire stay.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Unfriendly to Customers/

1)No free Wifi,actually you have to pay 4 euro per day. 2)No friendly to customers.We arrived at 11:35 and would like to charge 30 euro in order to check-in.Then wait till 14:00. 3) Expensive breakfast 22euro per person. 4)No free transport to the airport.

Room was very clean and all hotel.Many amenities available.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The buffet was decent and the restaurant staff was great.

Room temperature was quite low and the air-conditioning (heating function) was not working properly. I'm not a smoker and got a room where someone smoked recently therefore I had to relocate to the opposite wing, to another room that was non-smoking.

The buffet was decent and the restaurant staff was great. It's very close to A3.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Easy to drive to;

No free parking (21€ a day a bit too much, since there are no other possibilities where to park the car). Breakfast as well too expensive at 22€, but there a lots alternatives so no big deal at all.

Easy to drive to; near to airport and motorway. Very spacious and comfy room and bathroom. Very clean.

Good hotel with a catch

The shuttle bus to the airport is only free when going to the hotel. The way back is charged, £7 is pretty steep, especially as it is not clear and once you are stuck there, it's your only choice to get back to the airport. Rather devious!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Not worth the 💰 money...

First: i think its not very nice that you have to pay the shuttle. Second the "free wifi" was not working at all which is terrible if one has work to do. Also the prices for breakfast and dinner where super high but the quality and taste really poor. In motel 1 for example which is cheaper the breakfast is 10eur and organic. As there is nothing around the hotel you dont have a choice other than eating there anyways and i guess thats why they can charge so much. The "gym" was closed even though it was supposed to be open and almost not possible to find in the last dark corner of the hotel. Also the room service had to be paid which is weird for me.. and the bathroom was not 100% clean. For the price I paid i would have definitely expected more cause it was not the cheapest place around...

The shuttle was working well and running frequently. The checkin and out was fast and easy.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

The other hotels that we have used at the airport were nicer by many counts

Staff very cold. the opposite of a nice welcome....The restaurant and the buffet looked so disappointing that we decided to skip diner....and breakfast !! ( 22 euros!) ...and the rooms facing the airport are noisy....and driving from the hotel to the terminal can be ...complex....

Nothing much....

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Great place to stay if you want to be near the airport

Shower temperature turned very hot unexpectedly. Airport shuttle is too expensive.

The staff at the dinner buffet. Especially the Moroccan guy and the French speaking one. Give them nice bonuses!

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Nice, but a bit expensive

Prices are rather high, Surprising, as the InterCity hotel chain used to have hotels which were less pricy. To pay 10.00 Euros just for the main course of a menu which consisted of goulasch, rice and vegetables, is a bit much, I think!

We very often came to this hotel, right from the beginning, when it was taken over from the American services by Steigenberger and it was called Exprix and was a hotel which was affordable. This, unfortunately has changed, it is now much more expensive compared to similar hotels. One nice thing is that the first day of parking is free!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Great hotel in good location for Frankfurt Airport - will use again

Nothing to add

Short distance from FRA Airport via Hotel Shuttle (every 30min). Hotel room good size, clean and comfortable. Good selection for breakfast. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Front office staff were very helpful and the free wifi ,the...

The price of the breakfast was quit expensive, the shuttle bus from and to the airport was chargeable too

Front office staff were very helpful and the free wifi ,the location was very peaceful and the room was very clean

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Clean and easy airport shuttle (7euro).

Only two restaurants in the hotel with nothing nearby. Staffs seems forceful/ unenthusiastic to work.

Clean and easy airport shuttle (7euro). Value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Awesome

Incredibly diverse breakfast with an innovative validation technique.. keycard swipe for entry to insure only those who paid are there. Room was fantastic. Staff was very accommodating with not only an early check in, but also getting me a room facing the airport for plane views. Just a short walk away from the EDDF Autobahn spotting location.

I went to Frankfurt for spotting of airplanes.

I went to Frankfurt for spotting of airplanes. The InterCity Hotel is located very close to one of the spotting places (Zeppelinheim) - less than ten minutes by foot. Before arrival I asked some questions and the hotel staff replied within less than one hour always with useful information. I was assigned a room with an amazing view at the landing planes. I found this a very nice surprise and a valuable personalized approach to the visitor. The room itself was large enough and clean. Note that the hotel is located close to a high with heavy traffic, thus you'll probably have to keep the windows closed which is no problem as the room is well air-conditioned and the windows don't let virtually any noise in. The staff was very polite and helpful - they cared about my baggage as I arrived too early and printed for me some papers I needed for the next day - without any additional fee. WIll take this hotel another time I visit FRA for spotting and recommed it to other spotters. Hoffe auf ein baldiges Wiedersehen ;-).

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Handy for Frankfurt International airport

Breakfast was comprehensive but a little expensive. Could not find information as to where exactly to pick up the free bus at the airport.

Very modern and everything you need for a short stay. Close to the airport with free shuttle.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Clean hotel conveniently located with excellent breakfast and facilities

Nothing really, while all reception staff were efficient, some were a little aloof or even unfriendly

Very clean rooms, good bathroom, excellent breakfast, convenient location with regular shuttle bus to and from the airport. Very pleasant bar and good snacks in the evening with an excellent bartender

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

I can not think of anything I liked .

The reception staff , were unfriendly and quite rude . The free Wi-Fi was very slow and I had no option , but to pay for high speed Wi-Fi which was not value for money , as I thought it to be expensive . The bed was uncomfortable . the shuttle bus was not free , you had to pay , to be taken to the airport .

I can not think of anything I liked .

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

convenient location

Free wifi is too slow. I have to pay for wifi.

Convenient location. I saw several airline pilots staying in the hotel. It means the hotel is accepted by frequent business travelers.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

If you miss your plane good place to sleep, otherwise stay away

Meeting room was to hot. Got a wake up call at 6 am which i did not ask for. No safe in the room. Large room but narrow bathroom. Dinner buffet seemed to be left overs from the lunch buffet. No hospitality, everything aimed at cost minimization

Large clean room

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

I really liked the front desk especially in the morning.

Didn't know I had to pay for the shuttle.

I really liked the front desk especially in the morning. I was able to voice my complaint that housekeeping tried to come into my room at 0830 without knocking. ...I was heading to the shower and he scared me.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Great breakfast buffet, staff much nicer in the morning
    • Family room (2 adults + 2 children up to 12 years)

Bathroom not clean, empty soap dispenser, no toilet paper, staff not very pleasant at checkin and in restaurant

Great breakfast buffet, staff much nicer in the morning

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Good location, but some members of the staff does not seem to be trained to solve customer problems
    • Family room (2 adults + 2 children up to 12 years)

We booked for a Family room for the four of us and we got one but with the inconvenient that the door that would allow the rooms to be communicated had been removed. When I went to the reception, the lady on the last desk on the left side of the reception was not very helpful on trying to solve our problem (notice that it was almost mid night and I clearly explained to her that we were traveling with two children and one of them was sick and that was reason we really needed to have the rooms properly communicated). Luckily a very helpful gentleman of the staff went to our room and offered a second option that was a similar room but with the door in place with the only inconvenient of being in an smoking area, but since the room did not smell cigar at all, we took it.

Good location near Frankfurt airport. Shuttle bus to the Terminals.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Location near the airport

The shuttle from airport to the Hotel is free, but they charge the shuttle from the Hotel to the airport. In other words, the shuttle is NOT free!!

Location near the airport

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

very convenient if you want to have meeting and stay at same...

The staff at the reception shall be at least a bit smiley, especially one of them really surprised me for being quite unplasant with no apparent reason The 7eur extra to be paid in advance for the Navette to the airport: 1: I think this service shall be provided for free and 2. As one of the passengers did not pay in advance they sent him back to the reception and made the whole bus waiting 10 minutes

very convenient if you want to have meeting and stay at same place. Room Price was fair.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Poor service!

We arrived late at night about 1:30 am they don't have staff arround the clock. They didn't have people to help us with our luggage. I wanted to settle the bill when we checked but their system was locked at night didn't accept the payment. We stayed in much better places in Berlin and others for the same price or less.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

great place to relax after flight.

The bathroom towel was very thin so wasn't very absorbent after shower.

Bed was comfortable, room facilities were excellent. The breakfast was a fantastic feast and the staff were very attentive. Bar was nice with good selection of food and drinks.

The room was large and very clean.

There was a bit much road noise at night.

The room was large and very clean.

very good and safe parking

You have to pay for the water :D

location and food >> very good and safe parking :)

Good for stop over

Just 5min by taxi from Terminal 1, decent breakfast, cheaper than most

Excellent value

Easy access to the Airport on the Shuttle. The daily local travel ticket is a bonus. Would stay here again.

easy to book and happy with stay , thank you

easy to book and happy with stay , thank you

Good choice

The bed is too soft

Breakfast is fine

Clean

Poor breakfast for 23 Euro been that way for years. So I guess it won’t change.

Clean

That’s ok with me

The escalator is too small

That’s ok with me

Staff very helpful and service was awesome.

Staff very helpful and service was awesome.

Browse IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport traveller photo gallery