Reviews of InterContinental Frankfurt 5 stars

Wilhelm-Leuschner-Str. 43, Bahnhofsviertel, 60329 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#71 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

• Standard Room

Decor was a bit dated, room was small and building works going on nearby which was quite noisy

I had some issues with the first room i was allocated and my luggage being lost by the airport, Special thanks to Frederico and Nadya for helping me enjoy my stay

• Standard Room

Dated hotel. The rooms are small and in need of modernisation. Dirty shower curtain is not what you expect in a "five star" hotel in 2018. Slow wifi.

Very friendly staff. Nice view of the river from the hotel room

• Standard Room

It would be better if check in counter asked if i preferred twin or double. There is no better time for renovations, but I believe it could be have been better communicated. Having both a hotel facade renovation and a new hotel building across the street together was bad, having drilling works from 7am was bad. Being informed that there will be no renovation works across the street on a weekend but turns out otherwise was also bad. Was offered a €20 topup for river view with a steel structure right infront of the window doesn't feel right Broken soap holder, stained towels

Welcome call was good, the initiative to offer a preview before room change was good, follow up was good, breakfast honey comb was good

• Standard Room

the restaurant manager directly scolded a waiter loudly in front of the quests during breakfast time.

good location, good service, and clean room. Friendly and professional staffs. Breakfast is nice. Dinner is wonderful, nice wine and food.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel is very dated it felt like i went back 30 years. Also they were still servicing and cleaning the rooms till 16:00. Very noisy and slow with the servicing of the rooms, but money for value not worth it as you can stay at many more other hotels where wifi is included in the price and the hotel more modern.

The staff were really friendly and great location to walk anywhere. There were to really great people Natalia and Fabiano who were support friendly, and offered phenomenal service as they follow up on all queries and were very professional

• Standard Room

In the hotel room we were accomodated on 14th floor , was quite warm because of continual central hotel heating . Even we had still open the window , still was in the room very warm . When I try to start Air condition , it only heats instead of cooling . Especially for sleeping time there were too hot for us with my wife . All other things was OK .

Obvious standard of Intercontinental hotels . Good breakfests , and pleasant staff . The hotel rooms and bathroom is quite small , but nice and clean .

• Standard Room

Door man is not professional, not arrange taxi according to queue.

Breakfast is good, many choices; the room size is enough for 2 persons; Bed is conform as well

• Standard Room

They keep us waited for 5 hours to give the room instead we requested for early check-in also we booked for smoking room and they provided us non-smoking

• Standard Room

-The payement method caused confusion as they had to do two transactions for the same amount! -Room service were confused with our breakfast order! -the missing item of course, this rollout the honesty & trust for such well known hotel!

I forgot an expensive beauty product, I called next morning, they deny finding it!!! I remember receiving an E-mail from a hotel in INDIA to let me know about some founded items that we deliberately left, & they insist in sending those back to us! I guess you can all see the difference!

• Standard Room

Last day we decided to go for breakfast at the hotel before leaving to the airport. We enter the restaurant around 9:40 am. They welcomed us for breakfast and informed us it costs EUR 30 per person to enjoy hot and cold dishes. We sit down, take coffee and fruits, going for the hot dishes i realized that the breakfast finish at 10. The restaurant staff were not at anyway friendly and did not wait for us to collect our picks and were quiet annoyed that we were late. No one informed us that we are entering quiet late or that it is too short time to pay for a EUR 60 for breakfast. Money was not the issue but more was the attitude. I would have expected them to inform me i have 20 minutes for my breakfast.

Room: We had the river view room at the 16th floor "totally worth the money" However, space wise its little small. This applies for the room and the shower. Staff: Amazing people. Special thanks to all the reception people, starting with the Valet Parking guy and going up to our new friend Mr Stefan Ziemus, defiantly the most nice, brilliant, polite, informative and helpful Concierge professional i ever met. We had absolutely no fixed plan for our visit to Frankfurt and he kept suggesting what to do and where to go from cafes, to shopping outlets and museums. Really helpful, professional and kind. Location: Amazingly located, walking distance from the old town area, the central shopping area and from most of the museums. We had a rental that we did not use much.

• Superior Room with River view

Breakfast buffet room absolutely full of people and not too big for the size of the hotel . Gym so small with only 2 running belts . Too expensive .

Location . Staff

• Standard Room

Price but over all experience was not as good as it should be. Property seems not well renovatwd and rooms have some accessories and windows not working properly

Yes but price seems higher to me

• Standard Room

The bathroom was a bit small and could use some updating.

The staff was unbelievable -- very friendly, polite, and really went out of their way to be helpful. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. I had a full river view, which was great. The hotel is extremely convenient to the Staedl art museum, which I consider a major plus, although not quite so convenient to the city center.

• Club King Room with Club Lounge Access

Nothing - it was amazing.

The room was huge with a beautiful river view. The executive lounge had a good selection of foods that changed throughout the day. The gym is very well equiped. The bathroom was huge with a seperate shower and bath.

• Deluxe Room

Rooms not as requested. Large amount of money taken out of my bank account on departure.Discovered on return to UK. No communication,explanation,apology from hotel, despite being told a member of management would phone me. Some money transferred back to my account 5 days on. Fortunately my bank had informed me this was happening, which helped reduce the stress over New Year.

The staff we met we're welcoming it was a overnight stay on the way to meet up with family in a hotel in Heidelberg for Christmas. I traveled with my husband, brother, daughter with severe learning difficulties & 2 long coat Chihuahaus.

• Panorama Suite

A little more lighting in the working room of panorama suite would have been useful. A pinch more information about breakfast times in the notes on the hotel might have been useful as well.

The friendliness of the staff is beyond everything. You feel at home at once and the staff provides every help with a smile. The restaurant and room service is outstanding, the breakfast leaves nothing to be desired. A great place for pet owners! Everything is provided and of first class quality.

• Standard Room

Breakfast was OK---you can do better eating locally. The rooms are getting a little tired--but, everything operated just fine and was clean. Parking was very expensive.

Central location was great! Convenient to Frankfurt airport, Bahnhof, great shopping and center of town, museums. Easy walk to everything!

• Panorama Suite

For two days running we had to return to reception to have our keys re-set as we could not get back into our room.

Great location for the Christmas markets. Only a 15 minute walk.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Standard Room

I am a frequent visitor with over 40 nights this year in their chain. I booked a queen bed room but they refused to offer me one and gave me a twin. They also refused to provide points as I booked through booking.com

Excellent breakfast with multiple options

• Standard Room

1st room was 816. didnt like it. too small and shabby. We were offered alternates and went for room 1914 for an extra 70euro/night. 100% worth it. Could have stayed there a week.

• Standard Room

The breakfast is way too expensive, and frankly does not offer much for its price.

The location, which is close to the train station is great. At the same time, it is not so close that it is noisy and rowdy.

• Standard Room

The room was smelling as if somebody had smoked in the past... not recent but those smells that never leave the curtains of a smoker's house. :(

The front office was great during checkin and assisted very well recommending a walk next to the river, down town and in a park, which I did an loved, showing even where not to go as well.

• Standard Room

the hotel is dated and things like the bed linens (not so comfortable) and room décor could use some upgrade as does the lobby. the f&B manager needs to take some tips from their Cannes property which is way better. I would have expected some local items on the dinner menu and breakfast was really just ok by intercont standards (but still good).

great location and a solid choice for business travel. big gym open 24 hr. spacious property. we got a great deal as it was an off-weekend and with breakfast.

• Superior Room with River view

The bathroom was a bit small and there's no iron in the room

Loved the river view from the room and the bread selection at breakfast. The concierge was very helpful. He recommended for us 2 great restaurants which had really delicious food

• Superior Room with River view

Everything in this hotel is old, starting from the lobby. It reminded me of the 1970s. In the restaurant my partner sat on a chair which had a torn cloth, so old was it. Signs of wear and tear are everywhere. The room was smaller than we expected, considering that the hotel has 5 stars. So were the bathroom and the (mini)bath. The bed was probably 180 cm wide, not 200 cm, as one would expect. The whole room did not meet the standards of a 5-star hotel. When I called the room service nobody picked up the phone. I called a second time after a while and the result was the same. The third time it was picked up and the food arrived. It was good, to be honest, but the price was "good" too. The breakfast was ok, but again, for a 5-star hotel somewhat too ordinary. Any 4-star hotel would have the same choice. Filter coffee was offered. I would assume that in a 5-star hotel fresh coffee would be made for the guests and not filter coffee which has been waiting there for some time already. Parking is possible in a parkhouse next to the hotel and costs 35 euros for one night. Frankfurt is expensive, of course, but it is strange that the hotel has not negotiated a somewhat better price for its guests. In summary, I have been to many 4-star hotels which are definitely much better and half the price of this 5-star hotel!

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It is quite near to the city centre which can be reached on foot. The personnel was friendly, too.

• Standard Room

Hotel is dated. It's like stepping back into the 70s, and I wasn't even born then. Gym equipment also seems to be 50 years old and sparse.

Staff were exceptional

• Standard Room

Card that I use to unlock the room door,I have to insert it over 10 times to unlock. Told the receptionist about the issue and she programmed the cards but the problem occurred again & again.

Near the train station. Staff are friendly. Near the river. Breakfast is good (wide range of dishes)

everything perfect

hello I'm still waiting for my rest of the money back as what the front desk said to me because I still have some money back to come back to my account

• Standard Room

only 4 elevators and in certain times to much waiting time, but nothing that will change my mind hotel and stuff where superb

quality of service hotel and stuff where superb

• Superior Room with River view

There was nothing that stood out as negative.

Breakfast was very good with a good variety of items . The restaurant had an excellent dinner menu and the staff were very attentive. We loved our room with the view over the river. the hotel had an excellent position, being easy walking distance from the main station and easy access to the walkway along the river. We found the old part of town also within walking distance.

• Standard Room

The bathroom should be upgraded concerning the value for money.

The room service was great. All the staff was kind. The room size was just like it is convenient. I liked the armchair.

• Standard Room

The staff were all wonderful. We arrived at 7:30am and they were able to arrange an upgrade so we could have a room after a long flight. The room was comfortable and of a good size with a lovely view of the Main . The staff in the restauarant were all attentive. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Room

People at the reception are interested in big boss's. So they are not interested in call a taxi for you - a normal person. In terms of facilites, the toilet paper is very rudimentar.

All the time the door card wasn't accept and we must returned to the reception to confirm that we are us. So desgusting. The reception informed that are securites raisons to do that... I am not interested in securites raisons...

• Standard Room

The cost of eating was expensive. And booking.com did not respond to my query on breakfast. Disappointed

The staff were excellent, friendly helpful and made our stay special

• Standard Room

The hotel has a great location overlooking the river and is close to the museums, though a bit of a walk to traveler's needs e.g. convenience store and restaurants.

Well appointed rooms, spacious and luxurious. Very comfortable bed and friendly English-speaking staff.

• Standard Room

It was very nice experience , every thing was good the stuff was very nice especially in the reception, they did everything possible to make us satisfied , the room was great and comfortable, and the location good too

• Club King Room with Club Lounge Access

Vallet staff which look like he came from India that he not nice and aggressive to me when I leave my car for vallet.

Front deck was very nice and helpful. Room very nice and comfortable.

• Standard Room

Old furniture. Had dinner and breakfast, poor both of them, poor quality food. Questionable kitchen cleanliness.

Location, close to city centre, close to train station and subway, by the river. Helpful and supportive staff.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Standard Room

I booked 2 separate rooms, one for 2 persons and the other one for three persons.. the later room was more expensive sinc it's for 3, however, we had to pay for the extra bed and breakfast for the third person, so why the rate was higher when we booked though your website (booking.com)!!

• Standard Room

I booked 3 rooms and they all did get a different charge for breakfast. The most expensive one was euro 31. I really recommend to go somewhere else. At check-in it took us an hour since my colleague initial was refused because his identification papers were not valid according the attendant. Fortunately, we only had to stay one night.

The shower was ok

• Standard Room

Far from the center of Frankfurt, check-in wasn't easy nor friendly, the water tasted very bad and there was only 1 complimentary small bottle, there was no socket near the water boiler and we had to take it next to the night stand to turn it on

The checkout process was smooth & easy

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Room

WARNING :taxi driver did not want to take me since the hotel is 700 meters from the railway station. if you have more suitcases that might be a problem..

excellent bed great view well stocked mini bar

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Room

Old hotel. No sauna, swimming pool, small gym. Parking was charged 35 euro per day.

Close to the Training Center I needed to get. Close to old city and river

• Standard Room

The shower area was really smelly. Especially in the morning and the smell was coming out of the drain hole. It gave me a bad start into my morning.

The view was really good and we really enjoyed it. The staff were polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Superior Room with River view

price doesnt worth to such old rooms. deposit and guarantee block still didnt return in 10 days, that is you have to pay twice the money plus blockage, hausekeeping opened the door and jumped in when I was inside.

only the view

• Standard Room

It has smoking rooms but you need to pay extra to have the reservation. Otherwise you may not find a smoking room at check in.

Perfect location. Staff very kind and helpful. Room has everything you might need. It may be better if you make the reservation with them directly.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Panorama Suite

We love the Intercontinental Frankfurt Hotel - it is the best value/comfort/service hotel. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. It most certainly will be our Frankfurt Hotel in the future.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard Room

at check-in (which was 10:30am), they informed me of a new policy, whereby if I check in before 12 noon, I am charged a whole day's rate, and after 12noon and before 3pm, I am charge half a day's rate. This will unfortunately make me consider other options next time.

I stay there very often, at least 100 nights in the last 2 years... so I like the place and the people, but...

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Leaving Europe

We were selected as "Guest of the Day" and got a very nice room upgrade which was welcome as it was our last stop before heading home from a 4.5 week tour of Europe

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Standard Room

I like the hotel but facilities are not good in sense of staff corporation it's not good because we want to add one more night it's say to ask we have not available

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Nothing. But our room faced city side. Probably river view would be magnificent.

Great breakfast. They have EVERYTHING! Also, big bathtub was a pleasant bonus.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Superior Room

I didnt like that I'm a frequent stayer at the hotel and I never felt that I've be treated specially, this thing would be much appreciated from my aide if it happens , and one more thing which I find very important, they keep giving me rooms which are different than the one in the picture for no reason ! This is not acceptable.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Internet is chargeable,so we opt for free guest option , which was slow like Turtle...

Front desk Staff was very helpful, specially Ismail Kabri...He had given all required information in a brief...make us most comfort, good breakfast....and restaurant staff so kind...one of the old lady treat us like a mother(could not remember her name)

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Do not use booking.com, they totally messed up: - booking.com advertised the room with 41m2 size, but room was only 24m2 - booking.com confirmed double bed, but room had two single beds - sent two mails through booking.com to complain, no reaction / excuse at all.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room

It is a nice hotel in a convenient location. It is not brand new but very well maintained. The service was excellent, both at reception and at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Wifi wasn't free.

I have stayed for 1 night. However hotel is located not far from the center near the river. Stuff was very kind. My room was comfortable and clean. I liked my stay there.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Club King Room with Club Lounge Access

Food offerings and service in the Club Lounge could be better. Staff did not pay attention when food, tea pots, tea water was running out and we had to ask for it to be brought in several times.

Staff (except for the Club Lounge) are extremely helpful and customer focused, especially in the restaurant and at the front desk. I stayed in the King Club Room, which was spacious and comfortable, even with an extra bed added in. However the hotel is aging and could benefit from upgrading.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Hotel shows its age. Facilities are adequate. For the costs I expected more. Breakfast was overpriced for the offerings.

Friendly, helpful staff. Good location.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

wifi signal was very weak in the room and even when you would go to the lobby you would have full signal but its still slow. On two occasions there was no hot water.

location, staff, value for money

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

I couldn't turn down the air-con, which was way too cold & technicians needed to come to turn it off properly & I was given a small heater. How dependent power points were on certain light switches at the door was not immediately obvious. Some staff in restaurant/breakfast rooms spoke neither German nor English well so sometimes there were difficulties explaining requests.

Very good breakfast, comfortable bed, wonderful view over the Main River, free wifi in my more expensive room, helpful & friendly staff, delicious meals at restaurant.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Surrounding area is derelict in parts. Not up to the usual Intercontinental standard - bathroom was tiny

General hotel was good. Service was good also. Very reasonably priced

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

-staff on receiption did not want to do something additional except explaining regulations in oral form without presentation them in the written -bathroom is extremely old -the hotel itself is quiet used

the location is perfect breakfast and lobby bar staff were nice

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

An excellent stay from start to finish in a hotel that is impressively well run with great staff throughout. The booking.com booking hadn't gone through properly but this was swiftly sorted out and we were given a special room upgrade into the bargain - a huge thankyou to the reception staff and managers for this - the view of Frankfurt by night was indeed stunning, and we also really appreciated their advice on good places to go as well as a map. From the entrance onwards through to coffee and cake in the bar and brilliant breakfast in the morning, staff (and quality of food) were really first class, as was the comfort level of the room itself - in fact, we were so comfortable in this hotel we didn't want to leave! The hotel is located right by the river and cultural area (as well as an easy walk over to the main rail station) so lots to do within a short walking distance. In sum, no negatives at all, and just wish all hotels were this good! A special thanks to Dirk on the front desk who could not have been more charming and helpful, as well as totally professional!

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Extremely expensive parking. Some rooms need refurbishment.

Nice central location on the river. Good roomservice. Efficient front desk staff. Very good value for money for Frankfurt standards.

• Standard Room

it s not the intercontinental standard ,furnished is old.

• Standard Room

Helpful staff, clean rooms , good location

Helpful staff, clean rooms

Room decoration Room cleanness Services Breskfast Business center

Lobby has enough space

• Standard Room

The location is ambiguous. The facility is old.

Clean and

• Standard Room

Rooms with carpet and dogs in hotel

Very nice hotel

• Standard Room

Rooms are very small and bit old

It was situated center of the city Accessible to most of the places

• Superior Room with River view

Great location, Comfy beds and efficient service.

No thing zeroooo

Every thing it’s really amazing They call you check if every thing is fine Keep one guy speak arabic in front desk

• Superior Room with River view

The furniture is a bit old

Location is its best features

nothing to improve