Reviews of Hotel Irene This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Philipp-Schmunck-Straße 1, 64732 Bad König, Germany

#2 of 13 hotels in Bad König

No hot breakfast, only cold plate

Very nice and helpful staff. The hotel is very clean and warm, rooms comfortable. Breakfast tasty, always fresh rolls.

On its Booking.com page, the hotel shows that check-in will be until 22:00. I specifically wrote in my request to the hotel that I will arrive at 21:30. I received no response from them, so I figured everything was fine. I arrived at the hotel at 21:37 and the doors were locked. I called the hotel's telephone number, and there was no answer. Luckily, I happened to meet the owner's grandson outside. He tried to contact his grandfather, but no luck. The grandson gave me my key and showed me my room. If not for him, I probably would have had to sleep in my car. The room was quite warm, and there was no fan. Wifi was painfully slow. Other than that, everything was good.

The room was very clean, the bathroom looked to be renovated recently, and the breakfast was good with a fairly large selection of food.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

You should save their phone number to call to open the door when you arrive not to wait and knock over and over. A tiny room but everything is very clean.

The breakfast is delicious, the lotation is perfect for a relaxing holiday

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Location and service

• Reviewed: 16 March 2015

1h and 15 minutes from Frankfurt main station, not many things to do in Bad Konig.

Good breakfast, nice big rooms, excellent bathroom, excellent wifi,in general good value for money.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

No real negatives - you can tell it's a bit of an old property, but that's part of the charm

Breakfast was great, location was perfect

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.