Reviews of Ivbergs Hotel Berlin Messe This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Heerstr. 5, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 14052 Berlin, Germany

#438 of 597 hotels in Berlin

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Comfortable hotel near to public transport station

Table in the room should be bigger (for work with notebook), but not so big problem.

A really large room and a really comfortable bed. A table could be bigger, but it was enought for a short stay. A large bathroom. Bathroom and toiler was separatelly in my case. The hotel is situated on the main street but noise from the street was okay and ddidn't anoying me during night. The nearest publict transport station is within 5 minut far a way - really close. Shops and chemistry are also closed. Breakfast was good and a lot of things to choise. I was satisfied and I can recommend the hotel.

Clean, tidy and it worths for the money you pay!

room lightening and the facilities of the hotel were all basic.

Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable enough. The hotel is close to the Berlin central bus station ZOB (10 mins walk) and there are some cafe around the property.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Helped me out at short notice

The price I thought was a bit too high but that was only because I was booking so

The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful to me despite me being underprepared for my visit as I had to book extremely last minute. Offered to charge my phone for me and didn't overcharge me despite my check out being late on Sunday. It has a good central location in Berlin close to transport links to get you into the centre. The room itself was very comfortable the bathroom in particular was lovely with a good shower. Would stay here again!

Good hotel withe helpfull staff

Our flight was cancelled and we had to find hotel close to airport. We arrived late in the evening and the staff was really helpfull to make our stay convenient. Rooms were clean and comfortable, good price

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Location, shame about SOME staff.

Attitude of Reception staff, arrived at 9.15 and was told all the local shops and hotel bar was shut. Stood outside the building and REWE was still open, so walked over and got some basics. On check out I also found out she had not registered my payment on arrival, so had another delay checking out. She also told me for wifi just click on it, no need for a password. You've guessed it, that did not work either.

Location to Messe and Aldi.

Average experience for a fair price

The first impression was quite bad - I was asked to pay more money than I planned. I thought I ordered breakfast when I booked reservation on Booking.com, but staff in reception told me that I didn't and I need to pay more. Also staff was a bit too harsh on getting a tip. By the way, towels in bathroom are plain nasty.

Spacious parking lot for a car (paid), nice room, good air conditioning. Room was pretty clean. The location is OK: far from city center, but very close to a metro station. There are also a few groceries stores, pharmacies and restaurants near by.

Great hotel thanks!!

Air con did not work but was not needed

Quiet location , close to transport links, good if your going to a gig in either the stadium or city. Alexanderplaz is around 30 minutes on tube . Has a nettto and lidls next door which is good if u forgot to pack something tolietery wise. Couple nice little restaurants, one Italian, one steak house and a couple bakerys. Only had 4 says so couldn't view the area as much as we could but the hotel was good for what we needed. Will say though the room is MASSIVE for a double room , be prepared for a shock !

A comfortable 3 star hotel, close to Central Bus Station.

There was all you need in the room, toilet separate from shower and a large enough wardrobe space for two people for a short stay. Brealfast gave a good selection of both hot and cold options. Plentiful coffee and fruit juices.

Great location, great service, clean rooms.

The elevator wasn't working for two of the three days I was there. I'm young and fit, so lugging my bags from the fourth floor wasn't a complete catastrophe, but many were not so lucky.

It was a convenient place for a last minute trip.

The shower was small, the water would not go down until I got out of the shower, I’m used to a hotel where they change the sheets everyday but I had to tell the staff to do that. Plus whatever they used to clean the bathroom smelled really bad. I especially did not like the two twin beds put together. I specifically asked for a queen size bed and when I got there th receptionist told me it was a big bed but it wasn’t. The television wouldn’t allow me to use my fire stick, “input” was not working so I was stuck watching German shows not understanding anything.

Excellent value for money

Breakfast could have been cheaper. A kettle in the room would have been good.

Huge room, very comfortable bed, very clean, near to public transport and supermarkets.

The reception staff man on evenings had an unpleasant...

The reception staff man on evenings had an unpleasant attitude with all guests, and even a condescending attitude toward non-german speaking guests. A big contrast with the reception staff on mornings which was professional.

Perfect stay!

Nothing! Everything exceeded my expectations!

Perfect stay! We booked hotel with the best price in Berlin for this night, so we didn´t expect much. But it was AWESOME! Great value for money, good bed, nice view, I was bit sick so tissues in room were big plus for me! :D Room looked great, bathroom was clean and nice, enought towels, nice staff. Highly recommened!

Recommend for family trip

15-20 minutes to the airport by car, near metro station, the room was great, the breakfast was good, the staff was friendly and speak good english, you can buy souvenirs in the lobby. It was a great stay:)

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Good value and comfort

The annoying habit of having my passport photo copied on every stay it is the only hotel in Germany that I know of that insist on this I stay there at least 3 times a year and it is always a demand.

The location is ideal for my purposes

I don't think I would stay there again, they have some strange policies!

Problems I had weren't addressed/resolved Wouldn't let me take a glass from the bar to my room to drink the beer that I brought at the bar!!! Crazy!! I have never experienced that at any hotel before

Outstanding

The welcoming atmosphere by staff. Well looked after from entering the hotel till leaving. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Definitely value for money

Value for Money Berlin Hotel

Tiny bathroom, threadbare towels.

Good value for money; good location for our purposes; we had a huge room with sitting area (table and two lounge chairs); comfortable bed; for anyone self-catering, there is an ALDI to one side and a NETTO to the other side of the hotel and both within short walking distance. Italian restaurant within two minute walk, also a good steak house (Block House) across the street. Breakfast was included in our room rate, totally adequate.

Room was comfy and clean, they had facilites for printing...

Wifi is only available consistently in the lobby and only for an hour, this is unacceptable when coffee shops and hostels have free wifi everywhere. Key cards to enter room were not user friendly.

Room was comfy and clean, they had facilites for printing return boarding passes. The area around the hotel was lovely and had good transport links

Life in miniature occurs here.

Tiny Single Bed. Better suited for a child. Single room very small No coffee or tea - only fizzy water for €2 per bottle.

Good location Powerful Shower Allowed me late check out to 4.00pm. Excellent AC

The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable.

You needed to pay for Wi-Fi access. Our stay was only brief so we didn't fit any of the "Wi-Fi contracts" available. It was also rather expensive. Our sparkling water bottle in the room had already been opened and refilled with tap water by a previous guest.

The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. Some of the staff were very helpful. The breakfast was lovely.

Breakfast was nice but expensive

Didn't like the welcome at reception, no free WiFi, bed not really clean and toilet neither, very expensive place for what it is!

Breakfast was nice but expensive

U-bahn and food stores are close to the hotel.

We did not had a chance to drink coffee at morning, because we did not choose the buffet breakfast, and we can not get just coffee separately without breakfast....

U-bahn and food stores are close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Fantastic stay

No WiFi availability, the cost for daily WiFi was £4.95 We felt this was expensive and so didn't purchase it.

I liked everything, from the breakfast to the bedrooms and location - easy access to the centre of Berlin and variety of restaurants.

Doable for one night

The rooms are very very small. WiFi is payable (hello?! 2017 much?!). The staff was incredibly rude and uninterested in actually providing any kind of service (I dared to ask for my invoice to be printed). My bed was located right next to a huge window so with only a thin blanket it was pretty frosty at night.

It's a very pragmatic hotel, I guess. The location was convenient for me. And public parking in the neighbourhood was available.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Location was probably the best thing

Pillows were very uncomfortable, and the hotel staff had only excuses about getting us another pair or changing them. No refrigerator in the room.

Very close to the metro station

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The members of staff were very welcoming and helpful with...

No free Wi-Fi, if you did want to use the internet you would have to use your data or pay for the Wi-Fi.

The members of staff were very welcoming and helpful with explaining how to get to the city centre via bus or train. That there were to parts more of a old town and new town. Older one being about 10-15 minutes walk and the newer one being roughly 40 minutes away. The room for the price was nice and clean and reasonable price of 45 for a single room, booking in advance or when it's going cheap I would recommend. I would book at this hotel again but I would book a double room next as I found the single bed to bit small for me, and it's a good location not to far from the town.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Ok for lastminute booking for fair visitors - but not generally recommended

The receptionist on both mornings and in the afternoon was very indifferent - borderline rude (his colleague in the evening was however very nice). Free Wifi, one bottle of water or a kettle should also be standard by now - not existant here.

Very close to the Messe.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

EVERYDAY PRICE DIFFERENT AND PRICE HAVE PROBLEMS THIS HOTEL .WHO DECIDE THE PRICE ?

THIS HOTEL EVERYDAY DIFFERENT PRICE . I DONOT KNOW HOW THEY ACCOUNT . ONE DAY 45 eu ONE DAY 69 EU ONE DAY 76 EU ,I DONOT THE PRICE WHY SU MOCH DIFFERENT. ALSO THE WIFI NEED CHANRGE .

CLEAR AND EVERYBODY FINE.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Convenient and clean

No free wifi, Very small room and small towel, not good value for money at £170 per night.

Convenient location, clean, staff helpful with Taxi's etc.

a 3 star hotel, nothing more. No internet

the internet does not exist. In that respect it is extremely old fashioned, not suitable for business.

the location of this hotel is good, as close to a subway station

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Perfect location!

Internet was an issue if needed but we were n vacation and it was not a major issue for us.

Used as base to visit historical sites and many Christmas Markets. With U Bahn near it was perfect. Staff at breakfast always greeted us with a smile and did an excellent job keep items freshly stocked. Room was clean and staff at check in and check out very friendly. Parking for car was on site at a cost but worth the price.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

nice stay

1) Internet is NOT FREE. It cost 5 Euro. They should have mentioned this on the main webpage of booking.com 2) The first receptionist didn't say hallo nor welcome when we checked in, he just asked 'your passport?'. The second receptionist (when whe checked out) was on the other hand very polite.

1) Location was great. 2) Quite 3) Clean

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Hidden costs and rude staff

Staff was rude and unfriendly. Hidden expences everywhere: they charge extra for the parking and even for WiFi access. On checkout they even asked for 2€ for the moneral water we have consumed in the room. It was not in a minibar and there was no warning sign that it is not a welcome drink included in the price of the room.

The location is decent, easily accessible from downtown. Private parking lot with plenty of space.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Expensive Wi-Fi, rude bar and reception, nice location.

Paid Wi-Fi. 5 Euro per day. Someone should remind the hotel management it's 21st century and even jet planes have free wifi today. Not clearly stated at the booking page, much like hiden in small print. Make it more visible please. Reception and bar staff aren't professional. They have the "we don't care less" attitutte. Asking a pair of ceramic cups from the bar results with your room number being asked - very unproffessional, given most hotel customers don't steal mugs. Try not to ask advice about travel to the reception. They have no idea, at least the ones I met.

Very good location, right next to the red central line whch offers access to almost all sights in the city. Clean, nice hotel with a modern atmosphere.Efficient and kind cleaning people.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Clean and easy access to public transportation

Bed and lining

Clean and easy access to public transportation

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Clean, bed confortable

Very small room, very small “ bathroom”

Clean, bed confortable

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Bar was closed in evening. Might be good if remains open longer.

Reception staff extremely cooperative.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

The size of the room, and the bed wasn’t very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Last minute disappointing booking

Outdated decor and way overpriced!

Room was clean

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Avoid

super small bad. Way too expensive for what they offer.

they are 15 minutes drive from airport.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Close to Fair Trade Palace & Central Bus Station

Room situated to the noisy street, business hotel, very expensive during fair trade events

Good location close to Messe and ZOB

A window screen are be great !

Mosquitos

Confy bed

Helpful, quiet, clean, fast, comfort

Could be long stay for extra fee

Everything!!!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

No safe in the room, only on reception.

No safe in the room, only on reception.

Loved the air conditioning, room was spotless and great...

Loved the air conditioning, room was spotless and great location for waldneuhne for the concert we went tp

The room was so comfy, clean, pretty spacious and it has a...

The room was so comfy, clean, pretty spacious and it has a nice balcony :) I like the bathroom as well. Everything was great.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Spotless clean and comfortable would recommend

Spotless clean and comfortable would recommend

It was clean and close to metro, comfortable and big rooms

The staff weren’t very welcomed to foreigners

It was clean and close to metro, comfortable and big rooms

Never again

Room very small for the price. Staff unfriendly and unhelpful. And very poor sevice

Good location for the Messe.

over priced and outdated rooms

small rooms and poor breakfast options

great location to ITB conference Messe

Perfect

The bed was not so comfort.

Location,breakfast was good.

AWESOME :)

GREAT PLACE !!

bed is small

better bed

bed is small

Good room and bed was exccelent.

Good room and bed was exccelent. Breakfast was good and tasty. Near of highway, easy come and easy go. Staff was great,

Highest Value for the money

It would really best if the front office guy could be more welcoming.

Clean room with big toilet

i will be back

on our level the lights where a bit spooky bht otherwise everything was amazing

great big room, friendly staff and good price

poor to average

breakfast was overpriced room had a small single bed , when I booked a double

convenient for the Messe conference centre.

Wi Fi is available in the rooms, but at an unexpected cost. Room was noisy.

convenient for the Messe conference centre.

Over all ok.

Clogged drain in the shower.

Value for money for Messe visitors

Bed too soft, glass bathroom door

Clean nice hotel, very close to Messe

Lovely hotel- very comfortable and perfect for what we...

Lovely hotel- very comfortable and perfect for what we needed. U Theodor Heuss-Platz metro station is about 2 mins walk away to get around!

Very good for a short time

Mattress too soft and had to pay for wifi

Very clean,quiet, train near by

Noise form the busy street

Noise form the busy street

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Leipzig greatest

I liked it

Good place to stay

Too open bathroom for me.

Nice personel, big room.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

wifi only in the lobby, and only free for 1 hour a day!

wifi only in the lobby, and only free for 1 hour a day!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

No wifi in rooms, only in the lobby.

No wifi in rooms, only in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Everything was very clean

Paid wifi! Rude stuff Far from centre

Everything was very clean

Just one night for me, but it was good impressed, clean and staffs are very kind and smile

The room is too small even single-bed room. Wi-fi is free only one hour at lobby.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

WiFi is not working as well as its chargable.I have quated for bed and brakfast we have to pay separately for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Breakfast is good

Paid wifi

Breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Good hotel

Close to metro station.aldi shop in the area

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

wi fi wasnt free

wifi wasnt free we had to pay 4.30 euro for a 24hprepaid telecom card

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

we went for the christmas markets and we couldnt have been in a better location to do this

we were happy with everything

the location very near the u bahn which was ideal to get around

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Ivbergs Hotel Berlin Messe traveller photo gallery