Reviews of Jakober Hof This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Jakoberstraße 39, 86152 Augsburg, Germany

#39 of 58 hotels in Augsburg

Good choice

Wifi is week (it is better not to have). Having a shower is less comfortable as the temperature of the water changes automatically.

Very good location, 3 minutes walk from downtown. Parking place is around the hotel.

Not recommendations from me!
    • Standard Twin Room

The half broken fan when it was 114 in the room , the fact that even though I had made very early reservation and required a reserved parking spot they said the parking was full and we had to park in the street...where my sister's car got damaged ( luckily the man who had his huge motorbike fall on the back of her car had left a note and she might be able to get the insurance to fix the problem) and also the fact that my request for a twin room was also not respected and when I insisted , the manager figured a way to find a twin ...with the clattering fan...

The easy access to downtown

Not a place we would choose to return to.

It is located in a rather seedy area which made us feel uncomfortable. No reserved car parking, so had to park on street. Breakfast was a basic buffet of cereals and toast, so overpriced for the range on offer.

Basic and clean.

My biggest complaint is that my credit card was charged for...

My biggest complaint is that my credit card was charged for 20 breakfasts that I did not order and I was not informed of this charge until I went to ask the front desk about payment. We were a big group and some of us arrived earlier than others and the hotel said that someone in my group ordered breakfast for everyone and told them to charge my card for the breakfasts but when I discussed this with my friends they said they only ordered 2 breakfasts for themselves and never said anything about changing my card. I was asked to come back to the front desk the next day to clear it up and the man working the front desk was not very helpful and questioned my story, he then pulled up CCTV of my friends saying this person ordered it, then later he said it was someone else and even later he said it was someone else. He said nothing could be corrected until he spoke to his manager to hear their side of the story. I understand there could have been confusion over the number of breakfasts ordered but I'm am most upset that the hotel charged my card for them without my approval and without informing me until I personally inquired.

Clean room, good beths and reasonable priced !

Smelly bathroom, they was a problem. Not sure what problem was.

Great room in Centre of town. Parking o.k. But be sure to reserve ! Good value parking euro 5 ! Didn’t take breakfast. Was not included in price. Overall stay was good.

We had four adults with a large apartment.
    • Apartment

Would have liked a washcloth not found in German hotels I guess. A second fan for the other bedroom would be better. The kitchen lacked a wine bottle opener but the front desk was super helpful and got me one! Not much to improve upon. !!

We had four adults with a large apartment. Slept four of us very comfortably. Great beds. We even had a fan which was important as the days were quite hot. There was a patio off the main hall and it was nice to have a drink there. Just basic patio table and chairs but enough. Bathroom good size with nice tub and our first decent shower. Very clean +10 and great linens. Fantastic location right across from the Fuggerei. A must see when in town. Market across the street also. Wonderful antique shop up the one way street in front of Fuggerei toward the Maximillian Platz. Do go browse there. Wonderful vintage beer steins for much less the cost of new ones. Breakfast was fine. Plenty of selection and coffee. Will return to this hotel.

Long weekend

There is no air conditioning in the hotel which is a bit unfortunate.

The hotel is located a 10 mins walk from rathausplats square which has lots of cafes and a lovely view of the gothic buildings. Close to the trams and all shops. Lively small city and beautiful buildings.

Motel type

WiFi did not work properly. Room very noisy.

Close to old town. Price ok the first night. We requested to stay an extra night and they applied a higher rate.

Had a wonderful time in Augsburg. Hotel is an ideal location and would definitely stay here again.

Disturbed on one night with people returning late at 3am. Noise from traffic / tram.

Very comfy bed. Excellent value and choice for breakfast. Room was very clean. Ideal location for the centre of Augsburg. Reception staff helpful.

We stayed in roof top appartment, very nice and super clean...
    • Apartment

We stayed in roof top appartment, very nice and super clean with big terasse! Walking distance to town centre and free parking! Excelllent choice for us!

Didn't think it was worth what I paid for the room.

Too noisy,the doors opening and shutting. The hallway echoes.Too close to the street level could hear trams going by and people conversations. Took a long time to fall asleep.Could use tv stations in different languages.

The shower was excellent.The bed was comfortable.

Great place to stay. Close to tram lines. Near the city centre and business district.

No elevator, so if you have heavy luggage ask for a ground floor.

Staff at check-in was helpful and very friendly. Nice balcony. Close to city centre Great breakfast

The owner try his best to get some signal of Wifi for me

I have been very disappointed regarding the wifi connection where actually by night no not exist. And worst scenario i've been told to leave the hotel one day earlier by the staff and it been a mistake form them after all

The owner try his best to get some signal of Wifi for me

Reasonable place for a brief overnight stop but it wouldn’t be my first choice.

Despite the apparent modernisations the block that we stayed in still felt like an old, dated apartment block - the room and building would benefit from further updates. It was clean and comfortable though.

Located within easy walking distance of Augsburg town centre. The staff were friendly and helpful and it appeared that there had been a fairly recent attempt to modernise the room.

For the price, this hotel met my expectaions.

We were in a double room that was on street level, so the traffic ( especially the street trains) was very loud. We joked it was a bit like an earthquake rolling by. Thankfully, we were tired enough that we slept pretty well.

The hotel was a short walk to the Christmas market, and just a stone's throw away from the "Fuggerei". This hotel was half the price of the others I looked at on-line, so for one night, my husband and I agreed it was adequate.

Sub standard room. This hotel is located in seedy part of town. No parking on site.

We arrived at 6pm. There was zero on sight parking. They should take parking reservations as this was the reason we booked this hotel. Very frustrating to arrive after a long trip and have nowhere to park.

Good place, mainly for families.

The fact that There is no place to work , even in the room.

The location, close to city centre, the comfort of the room (although it is for three people: for three it is not so confortable), the kindness of staff (although I could not check-in when arrivino at 10:30).

Really good for price

The room was too cold because of the bad heat isolation of the windows. There was no water boiler, you cannot even have a tea in the room. Area of the hotel did not make us feel completely safe.

The room was really clean and large. Staff was kind and friendly. Car parking area was good. Price

Very pleasant.

I would have liked if there were a kettle to make coffee in the room. Otherwise I would not have any complaints

Rene, on Reception when we arrived, was very helpful and pleasant. The room was clean, a good size and the location was excellent. The breakfast was very good value. I will return definitely.

Toilet bowl could be cleaner.

We spent just one night for passing through. It is a good start position for visiting Legoland. Very spacious room for three people, comfortable beds. Very easy to check in the hotel, for check out you just put the key in the box, which was very confortable for us, because we were in hurry.

Overnight stop enroute to Minich.

No elevator. Sleeping a area in s parade building from registration and breakfast area.

Close to historical city centre. One block from tram and bus stop.

Nice holiday in Augsburg. Thanks Jakober Hof.

very bad internet, we try all 3 days but internet don't work :(.

The bedroom and bathroom it was very clean and the breakfast perfect for a family with children.

Ok for two nights if you plan on being outside the majority of the day.

- bathroom was a bit dated (ok for that room price) and partly dusty. - the only window in the bedroom was facing the neighbours balcony. - bed was quite uncomfortable due to a very soft and worn mattress and very thin cushions. - fee-required parking spaces are very limited, hard to access and there seem to be no list or something guaranteeing your parking lot once you booked it.

Location is great. Centre is in walking distance. Towels are super cosy. Well lightened bathroom- mirror. Staff was nice tho a bit confused. Overall ok value for money.

Way too noisy!

It is way too noisy for a hotel. Through the whole night you will hear train/tram and bus/truck every 15/30 mins, and the hotel didn't do enough to block the noise. Don'e even consider it if you don't use earplugs.

good location in old centre

needed a fan

Friendly staff. Reception well-manned. Good value breakfast. Rooms in annex a bit noisy because trams rattle over the cobbles! (no fan so could not close window.) We had a large room, very clean and comfortable.

Fair price for a humble hotel

Old building and bedroom. The reception and restaurant area and the bedrooms are in different buildings, it's weird. There is no lift so you have to carry your luggage up to your room.

It's cheap. Good location, not downtown but very close to The Fuggerei.

Nice town for an evening walk.

The room was a good size but a bit dated.Also if you get a room on the street side you won't need a wake up call....you won't get asleep for traffic and the noise of trams rumbling past all night!Apparently,that's part of staying in the city,I was told when I mentioned it at reception on check out.

Christina the receptionist was very helpful and allowed us to park our motorcycle in a lock up yard for security,excellent.

Great location and nice hotel

Minor -- The table over the edge of the bed was a little awkward for sleeping but I slept anyway.

Room was spacious and clean. Staff was accommodating. I arrived earlier than normal check-in time and since I had been traveling on an overnight bus, and had a meeting that same afternoon, the hotel provided a room for me within minutes of my arrival in the morning.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Clean & handy.

Traffic noise.

The breakfast was regular.staff were o.k. Rene,the man on front desk,was exceptional! Rarely do you find someone,who goes out of there way , to keep you happy!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

A good choice

Our room was smelling a bit like cigarette. Breakfast could be more rich since you pay 7 euros/person. Parking small.

A good choice for a short stay. The position of the hotel is very good with in a walking distance to the city center (few minutes) standard rooms with renovated bathroom plus tv inside the bathroom!! The reception was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Location was close to the centre, easy walking distance,...

Pretty noisy from outside; tram sound is that loud that it felt like it was crossing the bedroom - Augsburg has good public transport until midnight ;-).

Location was close to the centre, easy walking distance, nice restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Nice, clean place. Short blocks to city centre with tram right ouside.

Bitte schoen for the excellent Hotel Lindner. It was a lovely welcoming place & made the emergency departure and bahn travel seem less troublesome.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Very friendly, comfortable, clean

The bed is comfortable, the location great with bus and tram around the corner and walking distance to old town. The staff is very friendly and helpful, room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

GOOD CHOICE

The only bad thing was that there is no elevator.It is a little bit difficult for people with problem.

The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

A terrible experience

Very Unfriendly staff.. there is no hot water in the room from 10 pm till 6 or 7 am. Wifi does not work in the rooms and it is not possible to do phone calls even not to call the reception ... Really a very very bad hotel .. I do not recommend it to anybody ...

Breakfast room is nice

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The room was basic, but comfortable.

Nothing of note, some of the décor/furniture was outdated.

The room was basic, but comfortable. We had to walk up to the 5th floor, but that wasn't a problem for us (if you're disabled, you should let them know). They actually have several building on the property, so I'm not sure if others are more accessible. Regardless, the rooms were basic, but clean. The attendant at the desk was lovely, drew us a map and recommended some places to go which were great. The Wifi wasn't working at first and she looked into it for us, which was great. Also, know that there is limited parking on site, like 3-4 cars.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

High price for low quality

not very spacy parking for 5E per night (I think it should be gratis for the hotel´s guests very small room for 2 persons very small double-bed very small TV (I couldn´t see anything even when it was turned on) the Wi-Fi didn´t work almost at all

tasty and rich breakfest for only 5E nice new bathroom heating was working on early October so we weren´t cold english-speaking receptionists

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

OK if you don't plan to spend time in the room

Terrible TV reception, with apparently no satellite, and no air conditioning in the room

Pretty good location in downtown Augsburg, with several good restaurants within two blocks

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The location of this hotel is fantastic - right in the heart...

The location of this hotel is fantastic - right in the heart of Augsburg. Rooms are very basic and breakfast is straightforward. I'd recommend going to Henry's Cafe just a 5min walk away for a more substantial breakfast overlooking the beautiful town square. You're paying for location here, but in my opinion it is worth it.

Choose enough to the centre

Very basic

Choose enough to the centre

The apartment 49 is freshly renovated and very great for 4...
    • Apartment

The apartment 49 is freshly renovated and very great for 4 or more persons.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Don't have internet on there.

Don't have internet on there.

No restaurant

No restaurant

Very convenient location.

Very convenient location. Nice restaurants around.

good

Staying in Augsburg close to city centre

Location, breakfast ok, quiet. Rooma are quite simple in terms of decoration and facilities but you have all the things you need. Staff very friendly

Very close to the town centre

I don't know

Very close to the town centre

Comfortable and good value for money
    • Apartment

Wi-Fi signal sometimes a bit weak

Large, comfortable flat, kitchen fully equipped to cook meals, staff very welcoming

Easy to find car-park.

Easy to find car-park. Friendly staff. Close to city centre with walking distance. value for money

Very clean and comfortable!

Everything was perfect! For this price i would even say amazing!

Very clean and comfortable!!

Good value, great location

Street noise (even on 2nd floor), no block out blinds, no elevator

Great location for Christmas markets; clean, comfortable rooms

Know what to expect. Do your research.

Poor Wi-Fi. I couldn't get good enough service to do anything online.

I received the room I was expecting. Spacious and clean.

Location and parking good value.

Location in old town perfect. Close to transport. Supermarket nearby 2 minutes walking.

Very enjoyable and handy location

A lift would be good

Helpful reception staff. Breakfast was available at 7 Euros pppd. We had it once and it was entirely satisfactory.

I will come again, worth for the money.

somethimes week wifi signal at the room

very close to the city center, very good breakfast, parking for the good price at the hotel

We took no breakfast (usually we go to the first bakery and...

We took no breakfast (usually we go to the first bakery and cafe in the morning !!!)

Comfy bed and very clean room.

Comfy bed and very clean room. Near the city center.

Staff was friendly, animated, real people.

Staff was friendly, animated, real people. Enjoyed the clean and large, comfortable room. Great Price. Exceptional value.

Simplistic and everything I needed

I slept very well here.

Nice hotel with friendly service and great location

Great location in the city center. Simple but nice hotel, simple but good breakfast. Good service.

Pleasant, good location and excellent value

Lack of mirrors in the room

Staff were very friendly and helpful, and there was a secure facility to park our motorbike

good

Excellent location and clean.

Excellent location and clean.

Book there with trust.I would recommend this hotel for long and short stay as well

Nothing unlime

Excellent service.

Good place to stay for 1-2 day to visit the city or for short bussines trip.

Internet work bad , and they book an amount of money(for first night) wich is not clear when and how did they give back.

I liked the staff

So convenient

A/C?

Loved that it was within walking distance to many of the sites.

All are good.

No lift for the luggage.

All are good. We paid €7 per person for breakfast & felt ok.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Price-worthy hotel close to the old town.

The hotel is close to the old town. The room was spacious. The staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Super shower , very central

Super shower , very central

A decent stay in Augsburg

Good value for money for the breakfast. Decent room. Good access to the tram.

Very helpful staff, lovely room, very comfortable.

Wifi was hit and miss.

Very helpful staff, lovely room, very comfortable. Traditional style hof. Off road parking a real bonus

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

friendly staff

The internet connection is not good

friendly staff

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Live without internet if you can

WiFi is far from rooms.

Nothing. Internet was so poor.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Staff were very friendly and willingly changed our room to...

No complaints

Staff were very friendly and willingly changed our room to one on a lower floor as we had heavy luggage. Very close to the City Centre.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016