Reviews of ARCOTEL John F Berlin This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Werderscher Markt 11, Mitte, 10117 Berlin, Germany

#69 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Comfort Double Room

My room was quite different to photos you see on Booking, the room was quite tired-looking. The lady at the reception at checkout had the air about her that she didn’t like guests or her job much... At check in no extra info about the hotel were provided, just given the key...

Location Gentleman responsible for luggage storage very nice and professional

Little overpriced for what they really have
    • Comfort Double Room

The room is extremely tight, end in my room was closed door to the same room next to me, despite it was "standard" room type. They even didn't provide water. I had one small bottle at the table and 2 others in mini bar. Their coast around 5 Euro for each. Pretty expensive for 0,5 litter. The room facilities are very basic and accomplished from cheap materials. In general hotel overpriced.

The location is very good and convenient if you want to discover city center. Can recommend if you stay for short periods, plan to be mainly outside, and prefer to be at the city heard.

Old carpet.
    • Comfort Double Room

Old carpet. Bathroom had curtains and got completely wet and small mirror and minimal area for putting wash bag etc. but beds were really comfortable and room very quiet and great location and staff delightful. Just needs bathroom and carpet updating and it would be very good.

would go there again
    • Comfort Double Room

a letter received on the third day of our stay asking for a deposit that should cover eventual extras, which they could not get upon check in due to a technical problem...

Location is perfect - 5 min walking to Museum Island and 10 min to Aleksanderplatz. Our room with view to the inner yard was clean, comfortable and very quiet. Lovely hotel initiative is "no roomservice please, we give bees a chance".

This hotel had extremely comfy beds and was in a great...
    • Comfort Double Room

This hotel had extremely comfy beds and was in a great location. There were plenty of places within walking distance that made for a relaxing stroll. The restaurant and bar both had exceptional service!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I arrived at 15:10 and my room was not ready.

I arrived at 15:10 and my room was not ready. The airline lost my suitcase, it was delivered to the reception and THEY DID NOT CALL IN THE MORNING TO TELL ME IT HAD ARRIVED.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Would recommend, good location for sightseeing!
    • Comfort Double Room

They don’t explain that they pre authorise your card for €50 euros properly when you book incase you use the mini bar, price of water in room/fridge is expensive.

Good location, very clean and spacious rooms. Shower was amazing! Hotel was very clean and staff were helpful and friendly.

The pictures looks good!
    • Comfort Double Room

There were big holes in the bedposts. We paid to be upgraded. We did not get any of the benefits we were promised. There was black spots on the walls. The staff was not very friendly or helpfull.

Location and Cleanliness were the features we liked the most.
    • Comfort Double Room

The personnel attitude we have been greeted with was a bit weird and repulsive. We were aware of the fact that the checking-in is guaranteed for 14:00-15:00 but the front desk staff greeted us repeated this over and over again, and that we shoud be coming back after that hour.

Location and Cleanliness were the features we liked the most.

Exceptional service
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel is conveniently located just off Friedrichstraße and about a 10 minute (maximum) walk to Museums Island. The rooms are very large, comfortable and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel generally. However, John F deserves a 10-star review solely based on their service AFTER I had checked out: having arrived home following my stay, I realised that I had forgotten my shirts in the wardrobe of the hotel. Given that some of these were new, expensive shirts, I immediately panicked. I call the reception, who took my details and told me they would call me back soon. About half an hour later I had a call from the hotel informing me my shirts were found and describing each of the shirts for confirmation. 15 days later, the shirts were in my washing machine at home, safe and intact. THANK YOU ARCOTEL for your fantastic and respectful service. I will be seeing you soon, during my next visit to Berlin.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Nice and comfortable hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

Hotel staff was a little bit arrogant and also my colleagues single rooms were way less comfortable and much smaller

Booked a superior room, it was spacious and had a coach in it plus nice bathing products

Very clean room and comfortable bed.
    • Comfort Double Room

Very clean room and comfortable bed. The size of the room was just about right to feel comfirtable. The location is perfect - just 5-10 min to the museum island and many other attractions. Good breakfast and gluten free options are also available

Amazing professionals at the reception desk: we asked for...

Not applicable

Amazing professionals at the reception desk: we asked for recommendations about how to dine like a local, and they gave us perfect ones. Rooms are completely isolated: no indoors or outdoors noise. Location is perfect: all high rates monuments at a close walk distance.

The location was perfect, the price we paid for two nights...
    • Comfort Double Room

To be honest, there was nothing. Except for tiny things: you can‘t lock the room from inside, like I‘m used to from other hotels, so you feel a bit exposed (of course no one can come in without a key card, but still).

The location was perfect, the price we paid for two nights was amazing in comparison to the service and facilities in the room. We even had a kitchenette in our room. If you have a room in the 5th floor, you could be lucky and have nice views on a few sights. The transfer to the airport was easy, as the TXL line stops at Staatsoper, it‘s a 5 minute walk. The friendly staff made us feel welcomed, and the overall cleanliness made us fall in love with this hotel.

Fabulous!!!
    • Comfort Double Room

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Everything was perfect : the staff quite professional , helpful and efficient.The room spacious , tastefully furnished , excellent quality bathroom toiletries , towels and linen - free slippers provided!Breakfast was marvelous :you could taste whatever you wished for. Last but not least its location : very close to the Museum Island , the Dom , Gendarmenmarkt sq. . Also , a very convenient bus stop in front of / opposite the hotel takes you to /from the Hauptbanhof in a few minutes time. Highly recommended !!!

decent location, friendly staff
    • Comfort Double Room

Internet could be better. Also, our AC wasn't working properly and our fridge didn't keep things cold. We had two rooms and the issues I listed were in just one room, so possibly just a fluke.

Staff was friendly. Location was decent and close to a subway. Room was clean.

Comfortable, good location and excellent breakfast
    • Comfort Double Room

Excellent breakfast, both tasty and with a huge range of food available. Confortable and silent room with wi-fi available, confortable light and air conditioning. Very good location, would come back for sure

Beautiful hotel, comfortable, but air conditioning couldn't handle heatwave
    • Comfort Double Room

We were there during the heatwave and the room was extremely warm. I thought the air conditioning was broken, but it turns out the air is centrally regulated and wasn't cooling properly. Also the air circulation was poor. Staff was very nice to bring us a fan, but it was very noisy and we still didn't sleep well. Overall the hotel is gorgeous, but would not recommend during a heatwave.

The hotel looks really nice, the room and bathroom are a good size, clean and comfortable. No noise from other guests. Location is excellent. Metro and Berliner Dom (and museums) within walking distance. Did not eat at hotel, so cannot comment on the food. Staff very helpful.

Breakfast was really good
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast was really good Rooms were clean and it was very quiet, we culd sleep very well The location is amazing, you can get everywhere really fast by bus, metro or just book a bike directly in the hotel

Good hotel close to everything
    • Comfort Double Room

The gym room does not have dumbbells or anything to do strength. We could only run on the treadmill.

The hotel staff is very attentive. the location is good. the internet is fast. the place is safe and the rooms comfortable. They welcomed us with apples in the room. that was great! I only have suggestions to improve the gym.

Everything!
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing, the hotel was perfect. The only thing we didn’t like was that the weather was a bit hot (we were there during a heat wave) but the hotel was nice and cool

Everything! It was a perfect place to stay whilst we were in Berlin. A great location, close to Museum Island and the concert hall at Gendarmenmarkt also within easy walking distance of many other attractions.

AVOID IT.
    • Comfort Double Room

The front office manager Irina Kauffman was matching her unproffesionalism with some rudeness. Perfect combination for getting reviews like this. I am extremly dissapointed that a 4* hotel can act like this.

Unfortunatley I cannot say a good word of this hotel. They ruined the whole experience with the deposit they took and after 3 weeks of mailing still did not get it back. A 4* hotel can take your money covering it as a deposit but forget to transfer it back. Their reason behind the deposit (after a fully prepaid booking) is that they don't trust their customers. Well I dont trust this hotel chain. Shame on you.

Very good stay overall.
    • Comfort Double Room

Toilet would run for 12 minutes after flushing, but repairman was sent to room quickly. Basically just had to keep pushing flush tab a second time to make it stop. Head board was very worn and sticky in some places (vinyl)

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent service. Mattress comfortable. Close to transportation and Museum Island.

Great location, okay hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

Bathrooms and room could have been cleaner, beds and pillows were not great. Hotel is a bit dated, not all staff is equally friendly, good at english and well informed. More a 3.5 star than a true 4* superior.

Great location, very central, nice neighborhood, can see almost all sights by foot. Lovely view of sights from the room.

Great value for money, strongly recommend
    • Comfort Double Room

Two days in row we had a situation where the cleaning ladies came to clean the room at around 2-3 in the afternoon and we were in the room sleeping. Even if they saw we were in the room and we told them please come back later, they insisted that they need to clean the bathroom. I can understand the need to clean the bathroom, but not while I am trying to sleep. Otherwise the experience was great!

I loved the hotel's location, it was easy to access and close to many landmarks ( Alexanderplatz, Berlin Dom, Museum Island and many others). Also the breakfast has a great variety for all tastes.

In the heart of Berlin
    • Comfort Double Room

No free water in the rooms, no "couple bed" (two split beds put together, always drifting away from each other).

The location was awesome, the staff was super friendly, the bar and restaurant were really good.

Perfect choice if you want to stay at the Mitte district, walking distance to all major attractions
    • Comfort Double Room

Everything was great. The shower in our room had no door by default so everything became a little wet.

Excellent location, walking distance from ever inner-city attraction, restaurants, etc. The soundproofing of the windows is amazing, there was zero noise from the streets, although there was a renovation in the opposite building. Room is large and the bed is extra comfy! There was also a possibility to skip the room-service and the amount is donated to preserve the bees habitat in the world. Very environmentally conscious, we loved it!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

I was there for a holiday. It’s in the middle of nowhere, no life or activity around the hotel at al
    • Comfort Double Room

The “double room” was two single mattress pushed together, which looks good for photos but is uncomfortable to sleep except as if in a single bed. Terrible. The staff weren’t too concerned with my disappointment but I guess they couldn’t do anything about it. Or if they could they chose not to.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Just great choise for stay
    • Comfort Double Room

Strange payment system - you have to have twice more money, because first they block the whole sum + 50 eur deposit on your card, and then you have to pay once again for your stay. After that they unblock the first sum. Depends on your bank how quickly you'll get your first payment back. We didn't face problems with that, but it may be important to know.

Great location - 3 min to Gendarmenmarkt or Berliner Dom or just 1 min to Unter den Linden, 24h reception, very comfortable room, many mirrors, large bed, thick curtains, was nice to have a kitchen (you have to ask for utensils). We asked for a quiet room - we got it. Can say nothing about breakfast - for me it's too expensive. We spent 2-3 times less money in cafes/supermarkts nearby.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

In generally it's ok
    • Comfort Double Room

When we came, hotel freezed extra 50 euro in my credit card, told it's for mini bar. In generally I don't mind, but it would be nice to know that before. Water bottle and snacks in the room are with prices on it, it feels like you are in the supermarket. Not cozy at all. By the way - water bottle 5,40 - come on!

Clean room and comfortable bed, good location.

Nice stay. I would come back.
    • Comfort Double Room

The breakfast was not included in our room tariff and we thought it was too expensive...so we ended up having breakfast always at some local cafe - it has a lot of options in the surroundings.

Very comfortable and large room (with super large windows - we appreciated a lot that) Coffee and great variety of tea in the room. Liked very much the detail of having free delicious apples in the room as well as in the reception. Superb location.

excellent price/quality offer!
    • Comfort Double Room

Very comfortable facility, even if we had the smallest room it was very spacious. The bed was very comfortable, surely you would sleep good! The location is very quite, safe, central!

Perfect location, extremely friendly and helpful stuff.
    • Comfort Double Room

Wifi is not fast, bathroom should be more equipped with toothpaste, brushes , and body lotion perhaps. Otherwise all was good

Perfect location, extremely friendly and helpful stuff. Perfect location.

Convenient location and helpful staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

We had some random non-hotel staff man walk into our bedroom using a key card two mornings in a row, which was clearly uncomfortable, so there seems to have been some key card mix up which the staff deeply apologised for. The bar prices were hefty, and sadly we only became aware of the fitness suite on the day we left.

The staff were excellent. At the front desk: Informative, helpful, and patient with appropriate humour. Bar Staff: charming and attentive. Restaurant Staff: flexible, polite and helpful. Other staff: lovely.

This hotel was fairly well located in the business district...
    • Comfort Double Room

The breakfast was pretty pricey for Berlin and unfortunately, there were not many possibilities to buy groceries close to the hotel. Some of the staff of the hotel was bit rude, especially the young woman with darkish hair when we were checking out. For a hotel of this standard staff should be friendlier. An unfortunate ending for an otherwise good stay.

This hotel was fairly well located in the business district within walking distance to many places. Considering the price the hotel was a very good quality and our room was spacious and clean, with a nice view. Toiletries and a bathrobe were also provided.

comfortable bed, the room is big, location is great.
    • Comfort Double Room

better to have free drink water and electric kettle for coffee and tea.

comfortable bed, the room is big, location is great. Bus station is just across the road, U bahn is 5 min walking distance.

Really nice hotel in a great location.
    • Comfort Double Room

They were unable to provide early check-in in advance or in person and we had to wait an additional 25 minutes after the check in time till our room was ready. We hadn't slept in 24 hours and had ready waited 3 hours so that 25 minutes felt like eternity.

The room was very comfortable and stylish. It was exactly as the photos appeared which was a first for me. The location was close to everything I wanted to see but in a quiet area so sleeping was very peaceful.

Modern interior, clean and stylish rooms and nice bathrooms.

Everything went well, but the breakfast room may get a bit crowded during peak hours.

Modern interior, clean and stylish rooms and nice bathrooms. I also like their good quality towels. Also the service is good and personnel very helpful.

Very nice variety and you could request eggs as you like...
    • Comfort Double Room

Very nice variety and you could request eggs as you like them. The room was nice and their restaurant serves a great dinner at a reasonable price. Staff was also helpful and location great.

Very simple, more than 300 euro for a standard room is out...

Price/Quality

Very simple, more than 300 euro for a standard room is out of order for Berlin circumstances. Price-quality is not right. People are nice, outside terrace as well. Bit an overrated hotel.

Quiet, well appointed hotel with a great location and bonus kitchenette!

In addition to the fabulous central location, nicely decorated and quiet room, large windows, and helpful staff, I found the kitchenette feature a welcome bonus to prepare small meals in my room.

Central and nice
    • Comfort Double Room

A bottle of mineral water in the room for 4.5 euro? Discounted breakfast for 18 euro? Don't exaggerate!

Nice hotel in the very center of Berlin. Kettle and mugs in every room, a minibar. Good soundproofing. Comfortable bed. Everything is nearly perfect. And there are a lot of places to eat in the area - much cheaper then what the hotel offers.

On the whole, however, it was a very nice stay.
    • Comfort Double Room

We were disappointed that there were no facilities like an electric kettle to make a tea or coffee in the room. Also, WiFi was not good enough. On Saturday one of the receptionists was not polite enough because she was not eager to help us with the place in the parking lot in the garage belonging to the hotel. We waited for an hour to learn after this time that she did not check if there was any free place. So instead of visiting museums, we were stuck in the hotel. Fortunately, the manager of the hotel found a place for our car. He turned out to be a very nice and helpful person.

Breakfast was excellent. The room was big enough. The cleanliness was perfect. The location was also perfect.

Amazing staff - very polite.
    • Comfort Double Room

I wish we stayed longer.

Amazing staff - very polite. Free early check-in - thank you very much. Big , well cleaned room; great location; good breakfasts.

Good option in Central Berlin
    • Comfort Double Room

Was not in the liveliest area, very little nightlife nearby.

Location was very central, close to most of the major sights and transit. Bathroom and hotel were large compared to other hotels. Was in a quiet area so easy to get some rest.

The room was very nice and beautiful.
    • Comfort Double Room

There is an habit at this and other hotels in Germany which is that customers are those who are oblished do their bed because they have the edredon just lying at the top of the bed.

The room was very nice and beautiful. The bathroom was also very roomy.

Great hotel, very central location.
    • Comfort Double Room

I didn’t try the restaurant on this occasion as last time I stayed the menu was limited and in addition they were out of Fish and Chicken. The resulting “vegan” pasta which was cooked up was fairly shocking.

Great hotel, very central location. Checkpoint Charlie and a selection of restaurants and places to eat a short 15min walk.

Bed was very comfortable and the location of the hotel was...
    • Comfort Double Room

No signal on the phone while I was in my room and WiFi stopped working all time.

Bed was very comfortable and the location of the hotel was perfect for touristic reasons.

Good option in Berlin
    • Comfort Double Room

-expensive breakfast, not worth to take it as there are lots of options for coffee places close to the hotel; -late check-in (15:00), hotel charges if you need a room earlier; -fitness area is good although there's no equipment like dumbbells to work out

-super comfy bed, room/bathroom had enough space for a couple; -great location at walking distance to city center -good cost for money

Central accommodation and very quiet area.
    • Comfort Double Room

There was no central lighting in the room so the room is very very dark. not good if you need to read or do some work. One bed side lamp's bulb blew up and they had no replacement available so they compensated with the manager's light lamp ......

Quiet area so not too much noise .Underground stop also quite near.

Good location & good breakfast!
    • Comfort Double Room

I really was a fan breakfast, a lot of variety in bread, baconstrips, eggs, fruit, yogurt, drinks. I was looking forward to breakfast everytime! The location was really good as well, very close to the centre of Berlin. We didn't have to take the bus at all. Personel at the reception was helpful as well.

Worth the visit
    • Comfort Double Room

For comfort type rooms they do not provide double beds, even though on website they say that it is possible to have double bed in that category, only 2 seperatly single ones which they can move together. Double beds are only for suits and other more expensive rooms.

The bar is great and rooms are quite facing the park and are on a large side. Loved the shower but it could have a glass door in the shower so water would not overflow to the rest of the bathroom

Amazing experience in the very heart of Berlin
    • Comfort Double Room

The only minus point is the 50 EUR deposit for the minibar per room they are pre-authorizing on your credit card, and you are not aware at all as it is not clearly stated in the hotel policies. Should be clearly indicated so guests are not surprised, I have been in many places, never been charged a deposit in a hotel. Not a good idea providing the fact that in front of the hotel there is a mini supermarket with everything needed at normal prices.

Nothing beats the location of the property - right in the very heart of Berlin, yet 15 to 20 min walking to Checkpoint Charlie and the Wall, Museum Island is exactly 5 min away - you see the Berlin Cathedral from your window. Very bspecious room with a comfy sitting corner - a sofa, coffee table and an armchair, church view from the window. In close proximity to the beer-gardens of Gendarmenmarkt, authentic German food, and a very good price/quality overall. The chocolate shop of Ritter Sport is also 5 min walking away. We recommend Breasserie Gendarmenmarkt - a surprisingly good cuisine.

Great quiet hotel in Mitte
    • Comfort Double Room

Not a lot to do in vicinity, very bad fitness center (no weight training at all)

Good and quiet location, very spacious room, clean and nicely decorated, courteous staff

Depends what is your goal.
    • Comfort Double Room

Too simple gym and bottle of water for almost 6 euro (which is usually complimentary)

Depends what is your goal. Mine was Ministry of FA and the hotel is next to it. By bus it is 20 minutes from main train station. Comfy a nicely furnitured room. 2k from Tiergarten which is very nice place for running. Sauna.

Good value for money
    • Comfort Double Room

Staff was OK, but on our first morning when we asked the guy in the reception if there's a recommended place for eating breakfast he replied that "all places are good" and didn't seem too eager to help us. Bed sheets could be a bit softer, and pillows felt very "thin".

Location is very good for sight seeing and a few minutes' walk from a main road with lots of bus stops. Room is nicely decorated, good wifi. We stayed on the 5th floor in a room facing the road, but it was very quiet. Air conditioning was good.

Nice hotel, great location, good facilities.
    • Comfort Double Room

Very unfriendly staff. Also, the hotel charged us over 6 euros for bringing one coffee worth circa 3 euros to our room. A ridiculous ripoff.

Nice hotel, great location, good facilities.

Superb location and creative - even quirky - interior.
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast simply too expensive and many low cost options available on the sidewalks and streets nearby

Superb location and creative - even quirky - interior. Within 300m of U-Bahn and 10m from bus stop from which all of Berlin is only a short hop

Room was very fancy, clean and quiet.
    • Comfort Double Room

Not very close to big public transport stations

Room was very fancy, clean and quiet. Bad was very soft and comfortable,Very good sound isolation from next door rooms. Breakfast was fantastic!

Close to the center of Berlin, great value for money, hotel...
    • Comfort Double Room

Floor was dirty in the room on our first day, the mini bar was very expensive for what was in it. Staff were pleasant but not overly friendly.

Close to the center of Berlin, great value for money, hotel was quiet and they let us check out an hour late free of charge which was nice of them.

Okay hotel but not fantastic
    • Comfort Double Room

great breakfast but rooms are small and almost no cupboard space. For 5 nights, sharing a room is tight. Could pay more attention to detail. Might be nice to have nicer bathroom soaps too.

Nice spacious quiet rooms in a good location.
    • Comfort Double Room

Gym facilities were limited and the room was far to hot. Kitchen facilities could also be better and more user friendly

Nice spacious quiet rooms in a good location.

We love and recommend it
    • Comfort Double Room

The breakfast and the coffee.

We did not go here for the first time. We love this hotel. It's close to everything, it can be parked, quiet. A little oasis in town. Comfortable, nice and clean room and comfortable bed. Coffee machine in the room. Nice staff. Very good value for money. Great breakfasts and cafés nearby.

Great value, wonderful place
    • Comfort Double Room

Some customers might need private showering rooms for spa area.

Awesome location, close to transport, super friendly staffs. Rooms are extreamly clean and tidy, beds are comfortable and we got new sheets everyday. shower sets are organic. as honeymoon couple we got upgraded to a lovely ensuite which is quite and pleasant. 10/10, would recommand to everyone.

Very clean and quiet rooms wth modern design.
    • Comfort Double Room

Room has small kitchen area but there is nothing to cook- no spoon, fork, plates... I booked 1 bad for two, but in fact it was 2 separate bads stayed close. Parking in garage is quite expensive - 20€ for day.

Very clean and quiet rooms wth modern design. Great location - all sights are in walking distance. Internet is fast.

Good facilities, clean, modern, the 4star look.
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast not worth EUR 18. For this price I expect more variety.

Good facilities, clean, modern, the 4star look. Early check in and late check out accommodated. Thank you!

The location was excellent for where I needed to be.
    • Comfort Double Room

There was a kettle in to room, but no coffee/tea. The aircon did not cool the room very much.

The location was excellent for where I needed to be. Near the centre, but very quiet. Good and varied breakfast.

Excellent breakfasts - as much coffee as we wanted.
    • Comfort Double Room

Excellent breakfasts - as much coffee as we wanted. The location was great for us as we had opera tickets, and the Staatsoper is less than 5 minutes walk away

Good facilities except for the 2 mattress-ed bed
    • Comfort Double Room

The receptionist was not kind at all when we wanted a written document about the deposit cancellation. Luckily for us the reception manager was there to help us.

Good facilities except for the 2 mattress-ed bed

Close to U2, museums and cultural landscape of Berlin.
    • Comfort Double Room

Far from young, Party-Lingen neighborhoods. Coffee maker in the room, but no coffee.

Close to U2, museums and cultural landscape of Berlin. Cooking equipment in the room

• Comfort Double Room

check-in is set up late in comparison with other hotels. Sauna is mixed which constrained me from using it as every time when I went in, there were full of naked men. It would be good to set up a booking slot system so that people could enjoy some privacy. Otherwise all is good and we really enjoyed our stay.

Friendly staff, great location, delicious breakfast, lux room

Good value, restful and convenient
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast room can get very busy at peak times - but solved by going a little later

COmfortable, helpful staff, good facilities and in a very convenient location for travelling to the two nearby opera houses - the purpose my visit for the Easter weekend

Highly recommend
    • Comfort Double Room

Stayed 3 nights. Easy to find and good location.  Has restaurant and bar. Reception spacious and comfortable and staff helpful friendly. Early arrival and checked in and stored bags until room ready. free WIFI. Very good breakfast  with choice,  hot and cold foods. Choice of meat cheese eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, toast, bread rolls and juice and coffee. Room is spacious clean with 2 large chairs TV. Comfortable double bed very clean. Bathroom very clean and toiletries.  Would stay again and recommend

Very good
    • Comfort Double Room

Very good breakfast buffet. Nice and clean room, and always freshly clean after a day out on town. Very happy with everything. The food in the bar/ restaurant night time was very good too.

Everyone was friendly, the room was fine and I received an...
    • Comfort Double Room

I asked at the reception about the time it would take me to get to the airport - but it me took three times as long as indicated. I still caught my flight but missed baggage drop off as a consequence and had to throw away toiletries etc. to be able to board - a very expensive trip indeed! Staff must be asked this question often enough, the hotel should make sure that they give accurate information to their customers.

Everyone was friendly, the room was fine and I received an upgrade of my room. The hotel offers a good vegan breakfast, which was a reason for me to choose the hotel.

Browse ARCOTEL John F Berlin traveller photo gallery