Reviews of Hotel Kaiser This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Kaiserdamm 6, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 14057 Berlin, Germany

#423 of 579 hotels in Berlin

The non-stop bar next door and especially people around it made me feel a bit uncomfortable. But nothing crazy, and due to the words of the receptionist, the neighbourhood is completely safe even at night.

Spacious room, great bed, bath tub!, breakfast.

This booking was a bit off of our Berliner Mauerweg route, but that is on us. It took us a bit to figure out that reception was on the 6th floor, but once we arrived we were well taken of for our stay.

We found the room had the basics my wife and I like on our walking trips. We were impressed with our greeting at reception, the breakfast choices and the good value of the booking.

There was plenty of space in my room. Although the hotel is situated on a main road my room was very quiet once you closed the windows, so I had no trouble sleeping. There is a U-Bahn station for the U2 line only a few minutes walk away. That connects you with the 'touristy' parts of the city including Potsdamer Platz.

Very squeeky floors need attention. No smoking policy did not apply to staff on the landings. Entry lobby quite dark and hard to find elevator.

Quaint, excellent to Deutch Opera and Charlottenburg palace and gardens, nearby lake and Spree river cruises. Plenty of handy supermarkets, eateries nearby. Breakfast was generous, we took extras to make our own lunches at no rebuke from staff. Dont be put off by rough entry lobby or by front door.

The wifi didn't work. I couldn't pay with card or by bank transfer, they only wanted me to pay with cash. One lady of the staff (the one with the dogs) was extremely unfriendly. First of all, when I asked how to pay, she was a bit upset for me even asking. Then, because I had to leave early, I wanted to get the invoice and let my colleague pay, but she wouldn't give me the invoice unless I paid in cash straight away. As I got back later during the day to pay she scoffed at me for walking in: "was machen Sie denn wieder hier?!". I told her I just wanted to pay, so then she finally got a bit less nasty. Another staff lady at check-in was nicer, but from the website, I think the lady was the owner / manager, so I don't think complaining to management will help at all. The rooms themselves were good for the price, the breakfast room was really full but the breakfast itself was okay.

Would recommend the hotel emailing guests on how to gain access and to use the lift to the 6th floor reception - I only knew this from previous feedback.

Beds are not very comfortable. Our room was directly over the breakfast room - in the morning it was very noisy.

Near the Berlin Fair building, only 200m from metro station, very good breakfast.

Heating made sometimes noise and in the morning you heard cars from the main road. Shower available but only in the bathtub with curtain.

Great size of the rooms. Enough space for 2-3 persons. Great "Russian breakfast" with vegetables, sausages, frikandell, croquettes, joghurt.

The pillows are very flat and unconfortable

The entrace of this hotel is strange. It seems to be inside an appartment building where only the 5th and 6th floor are decicated to the hotel. Therefore, when you enter, you have to go through a long/lonely hallway and take an elevator, and then you finally arrive to the hotel's reception. Once inside everything is good, but I felt a bit scared when I arrived, as if it was a scam. The room's decoration is simple but the place was big and very clean. Location is good, very close to the metro and bus. There are several restaurants around.

To find the entrance was a challenge, because you need to take the elevator to the 6th floor, there is the reception! But in the ground floor isn’t a description how to find the way. Just found the elevator with the help of other guests, went in and had to realise, there’s no warm water due to a brake down of the water-pipe. And it wasn’t helpful, that the TV was out of work too. As I laid in bed I could hear everything: steps and talks when other guest come or leave or phone....

Near by the exhibition areal Stuff tried to help .... tried

WiFi so poor(we need to open the room door to get very poor wifi) , receptionist can't speak much English , there was one lady receptionist I tried to ask for help she can't speak any English at all even simple question she don't understand.

The hotel provided wifi in the rooms and in the breakfast room, but it was slow and would sometimes cut in and out.

Contrary to one review I read, the breakfast was more than excellent. It was fabulous. Even the coffee was excellent. Although we took a bus and underground train to get to the hotel from the airport (challenging), the hotel arranged a taxi for us the morning we left at 5am. Taxi was there in less than 2 minutes, the driver was nice, and it only cost us Eur 17.50.

The entrance to the building could be improved, the door needs to be painted and the hallway cleaned, it was full of leaves.

The room was more spacious than I expected, the bed was comfortable and breakfast was really good. The cancellation policy was excellent, as well as the location.

The carpet was stained in the room and the corridor. The hotel itself was on the 5th and 6th floor, the entrance on the street served apts and the hotel. It was dirty with leaves a rubbish blowing in off the street and the decor in the hotel was bizarre.

Breakfast was nice and they had a good choice.

Entrance: no lobby, merely a doorway to an elevator. Hotel looks dated. Beds were too soft, pillows weak.

friendly staff, clean room. Close to U-bahn station Sophie-Charlotteplatz.

The entrance is embaressing, an old gray door. You have to buzz, like a house, when you come in there is a dark corridor withought signposting. At the end of coriddor you stay bewildered that where is the hotel and where is the reception. If you are lucky enough somebody comes out of the lift in the left branch of this corridor and tells you that to reach the reception you should take the lift and go to the 6th floor. Unfortunately the story continues with a receptionist who doesnt know English. The room which was spacious was too cold. You have to discover how to turn the radiators on, otherwise get criticized....

It is clise to messe Berlin for the congress although the situation was unbearabke and we had to leave the hotel. We booked another place to stay although this change of place costed us about 700 Pounds.

Didn't realise when I arrived the hotel was on the 6th Floor. I am not a lover of Lifts.

The Bedrooms were nice and large,bed very comfertable. Nice you can adjust the Tempeture of the room easily. Very quite. Near the Underground. Reception no issue in calling Taxi's for us as we were apart of 9 people

Not a complaint but would have liked coffee making facilities in the room. With no double glazing you did hear the traffic but not a big issue.

Very convenient to the Messe centre where we attended a trade show. Rooms were very clean, breakfast good and staff very helpful.

There is no air conditioning, so we had to keep the windows open and the hotel is on a fairly busy street.

We stayed in this area in order to be fairly close to Tegal airport for a morning flight. The hotel is not nearly as nice as the picture looks. It was very basic and met our needs. Like all hotels we stayed at in Germany and Italy, the wi-fi was nearly useless. We booked this hotel ahead of time for 140 Euros, but I noticed on the day of we could have booked it for 84 Euros, so if you can do a last minute booking, it would be worth it. Breakfast started at 7am, but we had to leave for the airport before that. This hotel is about a 5 min walk to a bus that will take you directly to the airport. It is also near the Funkterm Berlin radio tower, which offers nice views of Berlin for about 5 Euros. There is also a nice lake nearby, Lietzensee, with a beer garden.

They didn't have hot water. I talked to the staff and they made a joke "well take a cold shower", not sure if it was a joke though. They called someone and in an hour the water was a bit warm, I took a shower at least without shivering.

The place was clean, checkin pretty quick, good breakfast

Great location in the middle of Charlottenburg, 15 minute walk to the Schloss Charlottenburg, and 3 minutes to the U-Bahn station. I stayed there because of my flight from Tegel the next day, and the hotel is only a 15 minute drive from Tegel for travelers. The breakfast was excellent and had great variety, and the room was very clean and a great size. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I came three hours before check-in, wanting to just drop off my luggage, but they actually let me settle into my room early. They also printed off my boarding pass and itineraries for my flight, loaned me a scale to weigh my suitcase, and ordered me a taxi in the morning. They also speak three languages (English, German, Russian) as promised. Overall, the location, and quality of services and room can not possibly be beat for the price. Great property and lovely staff!

The room that I have stayed in had no AC. Not sure about other rooms. The bathroom had leaking sink.

Nice room, bed and breakfast. Breakfast area was really nice overlooking Street.

Lack of possibility to buy a toothbrush etc. at the reception or to buy a coffee when you have to leave before breakfast.

Good breakfast. Clean. There is a lot of electrical outlets, let you work and charge the phone in bed.

I didn't like the parking arrangement. We don't know the city and there was nowhere to park close by, so we had to walk with suitcases from quite a distance. Also, I don't speak German and the staff were unable to speak English. However, the staff were friendly.

The breakfast was amazing. Lots of variety and tasty. Also the rooms were neat and the dining room was also clean and the staff kept the tables cleared immediately.

At the time of the check-out, I found out that the payment was already done and they had already charged my credit card. For me, this was a bit unusual. I guess they could have waited until the check-out for me to pay or they could have asked about the preferred mode of payment.

The outside entrance door to the hotel looked a bit "sketchy", but once checked in all was well. Great price, 10 minutes from airport one way and attractions the other. Rooms modern and hugely spacious. Carpet a bit thin, but not a problem. No air conditioning, but windows opened up widely and fan kept us very comfortable. We didn't get to sample breakfast, but there is a nice room where it is serve. Staff very helpful. Plan to come back when we can stay longer.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Wish I could have stayed longer in Berlin, and that my flight had left later so I could have enjoyed what looked to be a very good breakfast.

Lot's of room. Windows could could be opened to cool down the room at night. Easy to get to the airport and the zoo. Easy availability of public transportation.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Can't really find anything wrong. I suppose no laundry facilities on site

Not too expensive. The room was a good size. There was a laundromat a short walk nearby

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

only the building entrance is poor , give not good impression but when you take elevator to 6th floor to hotel every thing looking change ,

The Hotel staff is friendly , room is cleaning well, location very good around garden , markets , & down town, bathroom wide & looking comfort , it was nice staying at Kaiser Hotel at Kaiserdamm , it is closed to Tegel Airport by car takes 15 Minutes,

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The room was a bit cold.

We had problems with Air Berlin so we had to get into a hotel fast. Found this on booking and it was a nice small hotel. The breakfast was great! Not the same as on all the big hotel chains that you get bored of. The room had what we needed for one night.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Nothing negative about this hotel.

Excellent location great for public transport and getting about. This hotel offers amazing value for such a location. Staff are friendly rooms are large and bright with comfortable beds. Breakfast is one of the best I've had from a continental hotel in Europe. Ive heard people say the entrance is a bit dark, but this is typical of older Berlin buildings. The hotel covers the top two floors of the building with residential flats underneath.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

DIfficult find a place to park, not enough quilt to cover to keep warm in winter. staff no English speaking,credit card no accepted,but without cash, they received.

Location is good,clean,breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Wifi wasn't always reliable.

Breakfast was very successful with lots of variety and it was very tasty. Rooms are spacious. There is a lift taking you up to the hotel floor directly.

- Noise, walls are made of "paper", you can hear everything from the room next door - Breakfast is OK but not super diverse.

+ Proximity to U-Bahn. + Big room. + Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

arrived at the hotel the bed surprise they do not accept credit cards. this rather disappointing to discover at the place. strange this is not mentioned in the portal (this is why low score in comfort).

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

For what we paid there was nothing we didn`t really like.

Found the reception staff friendly and helpful. The room was reasonably large and comfortable and well heated. The breakfast was plentiful and the selection of items on offer was good.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

The lady at the reception area made my day with offering me a coffee even before the breakfast was officially served. Had to leave so early that this was a very nice gesture.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

No bidet in bathroom as I saw in booking.com. No refrigerator in the room as I expected in all hotels. No air conditioning in the room , and the problem was when the staff was trying to convince me that no need for A.C in Berlin because the temperature dose not increase more than 30 c.

Clean room,comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

the most receptionist don't speak English, and that's making thing more difficult!

very clean!! one of the receptionist was great, and speaks English fluently!!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

- The facilities are a little bit old - Old wooden window frames therefore it was quite cold in the room until I turned on the battery - The noise from the outside was a bit of a problem (even though windows were closed) - Not enough light in the room - Not the best value for money, in my opinion. Can't say that it is a bad hotel but it's unlikely I would stay there again.

- Location if fine. Just near a metro station and only a few stations away from all the key locations in Berlin - Breakfast was good - Staff was friendly (mostly Russian speaking so that might be a small bonus for tourists from Russia and CIS countries) - The room was clean

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Facilities a little bit old, but as I said before...great value for money!

Excellent breakfast, very comfortable room, great WiFi, great value for money

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Safe box has been broken Average breakfast It is not a primary determining factor but, entrance corridor share with apartments.

I thought the location was excellent, close to the U-bahn station. Quiet and clean

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

A room at the front is a bit noisy with police/fire sirens during the night as they travel along Kaiserdamn

Very helpful staff - nice breakfast - good value

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

No room temperature control (and busy road out front when opening a window), minimal light protection via curtains, no mini bar, and an uncomfortable bed.

Fast response when having a technical problem. About 15 minutes consistent walk time to Messe West entrance.

- NO AC (We got a floor fan) when it was 26 degrees warm. Woke up drowned in my sweat in the middle of the night. - Looks like a family-run hotel. The boy at counter said no to everything but later his mom asked him to say yes. - It should be a (minus) -2 star hotel if you can even call it a hotel. I would not recommend this hotel unless it is the cheapest hotel in whole Berlin and you really do not afford to pay more. Avoid.

A couple of hundred meters to the nearest tube station.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

No smoking room smelled like someone was smoking in there for months, no air-conditioning, personel didn't bother to say even once please or thank you, very small breakfast option, basically you can make yourself sandwich with cheese or ham, coffe/tea and some waffle or cake

Big rooms just old and simple, clean

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

hard to think of anything.

room was clean and comfortable. breakfast amazing staff very, very good. for the price- it was excellent. location from u-bahn - great

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Traffic is loud, but window when closed, can be better!

Breakfast was very good, bed is comfortable, personal is nice, and ... Wifi is working!!! Other hotels just promising wifi and internet, but useless, here is good quality wifi! Next time im come back!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Parking was extremely difficult to find, making check in/out challenging.

Convenient to both Tegel airport and Potsdammer. Rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast very nice buffet.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Rooms get quite warm in summertime, no aircon, just ventilator. With open window it gets quite noisy due to the busy road passing by.

WiFi worked flawlessly. Everything very clean. Subway station (Sophia-Charlotte Platz) 20 m away.

Smoking in the coridor inside.

Spacious and clean room.

Noise from the road

Perfect location

Language barrier

Very friendly staff

Entrance

Quote wide choice for hotel of this level

unfriendly woman on the reception

Its nothing special, if you dont have any other option...its ok

Everything is super.

The staff is super friendly. Dilnoza guided with some cool locations to hangout also helped with many other queries.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Price

Breakfast was good!

Old building. The rooms’ floor was so bad and noisy. WE could hear an ant moving in the neighborhood.

Hospatility

Price/confort ratio

I feel shake when someone walking/running upstairs.

Good breakfast. Clean room. Close to U-Bahn station.

this place is not close to the airport as I thought. the hotel looks more like a cheap run down hotel even though the price is not cheap.

Unfortunately the staff were quite rude and unhelpful.

Erratic WiFi and no channels in English

No room service

Location of the hotel and good breakfast

Breakfast overall considering the room price (60 euro) was excellent.

Lack of English channels on TV ,no tea making facilities

Good selection at breakfast ,comfortable beds

The room was way to hot with no air conditioning. Would not go back in the summer.

Cheap. Central location close to airport.

Wi-Fi did not work well in room - poor or no signal

Staff were very friendly and welcoming

Good location and comfortable accommodation.

affordable, close to the airport, cleanliness, and friendly staff

Why this question?

Everything was great. If I go back to Berlin I will choose the same hotel.

Weak wi fi. Being picky here

Great room and breakfast. View of castle from room

Browse Hotel Kaiser traveller photo gallery