Reviews of KEMPE Komfort Hotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Birkenstr. 14, Flingern-Nord, 40233 Düsseldorf, Germany

#164 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

I arrived past 10 pm and was locked out. The code they provided for the key didnt work and so did all the provided numbers didnt work, not even the emergency number they have on the front door... I had to spend the night in my car and the next day the person who screwed up even admitted this mistake but said I had to wait for the manager... The manager didnt want to do anything about this and said it was my fault. She refused a refund and told me she would be in touch.. Havent heard from her since

Lived in room 605 for 4 days. It was extremely cold, impossible to turn the heat up. It was dirty, the bed was terrible and to days the staff removed the towels without replacing them. I can`t recommend this place for anyone.

noise at night, although silent location. Also, booked 2 rooms and we were welcomed by "we have a suite for you both", which would have meant 1 room for a business partner and me (1 bed, 1 bathroom). Of course, we protested. The young clerk phoned and after a while offered coffee. It took them 20 minutes to finally give us 2 rooms (as booked). Unfortunately, 1 was dirty, a total mess, with bags etc. on the floor. The clerk gave another room, which was very tiny, though cleaner. We protested in the morning and were offered free breakfast and a price reduction. Summary: problems with rooms were solved, but not very efficient and only after asking.

Location, close to public transport

Room service begins early in the morning, especially for rooms on the 1st floor. If you missed it, very probably you have no cleaning service that day.

Rooms are clean and staff there are extremely Frieden and helpful. The hotel is located near a train station, which is very convenient. It is only one stop away from Hauptbahnhof.

Very close to the rail line and a tram line into the city centre, very noisy until about midnight.

Very spacious, good value for money, not far from train station.

Hotel is very well located next to S11 that takes you directly from the airport to the hotel. Its walking distance from old town and commercial street. Staff is very friendly and nice

I left my pair of trousers in my room by mistake. 2 days later, I returned to this hotel again and asked hotel staff repeatedly to find it but their reply was negative and so unhelpful. They knew who stayed after my stay in that room, they knew who cleaned that room, but they didn't even check it. I was really disappointed by their uncooperative attitude!!!!! I will never use this hotel!!!!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Compared to the other renovated rooms, room 504 was a bit old still. Not a bad room, but comparing the rooms. We did ask for a room with a balcony

Room 603 + 604! Very good (renovated) rooms!

The towel rack in the bathroom is too high.I have to get tiptoe in order to hang my towel and i'm already 178cm.Imagine for those shorter than me.Really silly. That bulky old tv occupies half the working desk space.Why don't they hotel get those modern slim tv where they can fix onto the wall,saves space.This old tv is too complicated to operate with 2 different remotes.

The name of the hotel matches my experience.It was comfort indeed.I asked for a quiet room on a higher floor and got one.This hotel is really value for money.I have enjoyed my stay throughout.It's not far from Central Station,only 15 minutes walk.The staffs at the reception always greets you so that's nice.The girl at the reception is really efficient and smart.My single room was spacious for a single room.The shower room was spacious too to my surprise.There's even a shared balcony in the room to be shared with next door.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

there is a train station in front of the hotel. trains' noise might be disturbing at night.

especially value for money! and then very helpful staff. its wonderful choice for short stay.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

There wasn't free wifi, I don't know if it is common in Germany but I found it a bit strange.

The room was clean and neat, and it counted with all kind of facilities (excluiding free wifi conexion, however you have the chance of paying 5 eur per day). A part from that it has been one of the best place in terms of price-quality I have ever been.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Free Wi-Fi is only in the lobby...

The hotel has a really nice location and comfortable room. The staff were very helpful and polite, especially Irina! The breakfast was good and tasty. I could strongly recommend this place!

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Not having free wifi in the room! It was very inconvenient only being able to connect to the Internet in reception.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel is very well connected to public transport and local shops, bank, pharmacy etc

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Noise from the train station nearby lasted through the whole night. No wi-fi except the reception area.

The room is clean and tidy, the staff is very friendly and helpful. the location to town centre is wonderful

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Room was a bit warm (summer) and window had to be left open, however, this was meant the outside balcony where anyone from the other rooms could have walked into another room leaves a slight security failure there! No wifi - have to PAY! WOW..in 2016!?

Good comfort for the price.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The wifi required a Telekom subscription.

For the price, the location close to the S-Bahn station was fantastic and very easy to get to the airport. Bed was comfortable enough and all windows opened fully, there was even a small balcony.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Surprisingly there was no Wi-fi signal in the room, I could only get Wi-fi connection in the corridor where the signal was great.

Good location, close to public transportation.

Location, near a train station with a terrible acustic isolation. Every single train that passed ruined sleep.

The blankets

No AC

Clean

Clean and very comfy...

Noisey because of trains / too warm

Convienent

It was too cold as heating didn't work. Too noisy from trains.

Location. 10 mins by train from the airport

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Good overall place to stay.

Room not well maintained

Great price

Good location, very well connected to the city center and airport by public transportation. Friendly staff. Room was clean and well kept.

Good for a night

Clean and safe

Cleanliness

NO THING

VERY NICE HOTEL VERY GOOD LOCATION EASY TO FIND IT,NEER TO TRAIN STATION,NEAR TO CITY CENTER.

WIFI was poor and the room is not dark enough to sleep ( balcony door )

value for money, clealiness

Some noice from the nearby railway

Big room, comfortable bed. Close to Düsseldorf-Wehrhahn S-train-station and to Underground.

nothing to add

everything is ok

Very nice place with welcoming reception

I felt toxic air

clean spacy room,good facility,view

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Excellent value for money!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Good location (200 m to northern entrance of Wehrhahn S-Bahn station/tram stop). Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

the size of the blanket is not appropriate for a tall person(or large :).

location was excellent for a late night arrival, or early departure.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

because of messe fair, price is too high ! and Wifi is not working well.

staff was very good

feel like in a hovel

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was poor.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Friendly staff, nice location

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

No AC. Loud. Price for Parking 1/3 of room. No real chance of free Parking within a distance of 1 km.

Clean. Cheap. Paid Parking Space available.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Loud environmental Noise

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

The white curtain in the shower needs to be changed as it was completely yellow. The room was extremely basic. Not even a light or an electric outlet close to the bed.

Late arrival was possible with their key-system

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

The hotel is old, which is ok, but it looks like abandoned. The shower drain was clogged so water was up to the ankles within a minute. The carpet in the floor at the corridors and the room is so old that makes it look dirty. Wifi is free only near the reception desk but it actually never works. Price was very low for Düsseldorf, thus I anyway did not have very high expectations, but I think that unclogging the shower drain is not such a high cost.

The bed was ok.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

I was VERY disappointed that the wifi did not work in my room. I booked the hotel to be able to use the internet (to give and attend a class). The clerk gave me the wifi code and did not tell me that on my floor (4th) wifi would not work. I came down later to tell him and he was evasive, saying let me see your phone. Of course in the lobby my phone worked but NOT in my room. He then said "well on the 5th floor there's no reception." I said evidently not on the fourth floor either. I asked to be moved to a lower floor and he said impossible as the hotel was full. By not being able to give a class I lost 18 euros.

It was super close to the train station. Room was clean and bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

Slept in a Room above the entrance with 3 Flags infront of the window, waving loud in the wind and sounding like fireworks through the night. Unfortunately noone felt in charge to remove them.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

I got checked into a room that was already occupied. When I finaly got a room for myself I found that the carpet was covered in stains and that I could here my neighbours using ther bathroom, talking and all the traffic from outside.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Noise. Please tell staff not to give you a room facing the railway station side, its noisy. No Free WiFi in year 2015.

Staff was very good and friendly. Good location.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

The hotel was very poor quality considering I paid €348 per night, The bed side light was not working, the phone did not have instructions, the TV was not working, I could not use the phone because there was no instruction /number to dial the receptionist. I had to physically go down and complain 2 x about the TV and he came to look at this, Even he could not mend/ repair the TV. so 2 night without TV. The room was very smelly. This was a smokers room and literally everything was smelling including the bed sheets. I had to keep the window open fully to ventilate the room which resulted in me having poor quality sleep, I requested change of room the following night and this did not happen. Breakfast was of very poor quality, for €8 there was very poor selection. I did write a 2 page letter to the manager /director highlighting the hotel failings and asked him to call me. he did not respond. when I got to the hotel. I was expecting a response. This did not happen. Finally on the last day of stay/departure, my fortune changed, the hotel director was doing the night shift duty and managed to corner him, I asked him if he did receive my letter. He did not know anything about the letter, so I tracked down the staff who I handed my complaint letter to, she than acknowledged that he has given the letter to the director and he will sort this out. when I checked out I got small discount. as a token gesture. I was not happy and pursued further but the director of the hotel had left. it was very much take it or leave it. I will not be going back to this hotel. Be warned avoid this hotel.

Nothing,

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

The staff was so friendly!it made everything so nice! Also, the hotel was just next to a train station the trip to the airport was 10min. It was clean and comfortable!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

The room which was on said where is train station is very noisy and we can not sleep well, so we ask for room on the opisite site. The staff was very kind and give us a apartment where was excellent.

Rooms which are on side where is train station are very noisy. Rooms are not very well clined. Some things should be renovate.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

Kitchen provided was not clean, and very bad aeration in the bathroom. Bathroom was not very clean but well equiped.

Location is good, close to train station and tram! Take care, need to buy tram ticket in advance because no ticket distributor in the surrounding. Rooms are large and beds were fairly confortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

- I wish the pillow was bigger. - Very loud doors.

+ Good location: there are several cafes and supermarkets around the hotel. Tram and S-bahn stations are very close. + Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

I had to stay 10 days in a bad smelling room. Even I compained 3 times the only think what I get was : curtains washed !!! Very disappointed

The aria & the good connection with tram and train

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

There was no warm water for the first night. The electricity was gone in the bath room the second day. Some fat guy in the reception have no idea how to talk with the customers.

I liked the office personal that they helped me to reach the hotels location by email.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

I've been asked for a penalty of 100 Euros because i lost the hotel and room keys. I was stuck in the hotel for 2 hours at the reception waiting for new ones that all the managers refused to give !!! It was sunday at night when i was already planning to go out !!!

Good value for money. Hotel not far from the center. Helpful receptionists.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2015

Quite difficult to reach if you are not travelling by car. Long walk from the tram stop and if you need to go to the city the trams arrive every 20 minutes only.

Very nice and quiet place.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

It was a bit of a walk the centre of Dusseldorf

Staff was very friendly. We had a big room with a small kitchen and a small living room. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

This hotel reception closes at 10pm and after that it's very difficult if you arrive late. I was delayed on the autoban and so arrived after 10 and luckily the receptionist was leaving and found me waiting on the door step. She kindly checked me in late. But - it's important to call the hotel if you are late - there is no reception after 10pm!

There is a car park under the hotel. You have to book and pay, and the entrance is rather narrow, but its very secure and convienient

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Wi-Fi is rather expensive

Nice, comfortable, clean and spacious room for not much money, the hotel is situated close to the city centre, friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

TV was not working, room was cold but possible to turn on heating, absolutely no any kitchen facility, internet payed and not stable all the time

very nice big modern rooms just in front of s-bahn stop and 15min on foot from city centre, friendly staff, big mini-bar, calm neighbourhood

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

especially the SGL rooms are located towards the railway and the noise of the trains is enormous! TV is very old school and not comfortable to serve.

simple and quick booking, check-in and check-out. Very clean rooms and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

The totally unworkable TV and cable equipment in room 506. The TV seemed to have no designated channel to receive the cable input. There was the glimmer of a picture rolling across the screen, but no sound. I didn't have time to worry about it on my arrival. Then late at night, there was nobody on the staff present who could have made it work.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

I wrote them to tell them that we were goint to arrive at 1 in the morning. The code that i had didnt open the locker to get the key so we had to wait until 6 in the morning to go to our rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Expensive breakfast

Room was great, very calm and so close to everything

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

No hot water when I was staying there.

Nice room with a balcony.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

good wifi, excellent breakfast, good parking, friendly employee

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

My room only have light curtains, so if you plan to sleep in, have a sleeping mask with you

The room was especially ample to be a single room

• Reviewed: 29 January 2016

Good basic accommodation and helpful staff. Lots of space - much more than I expected.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

The receptionist was particularly helpful and friendly. Didn't catch his name.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

We stayed here for one night to visit the Christmas market so was ideally located and had everything we needed...... A bed and a shower!

• Reviewed: 18 November 2015

Smell of smoke in the room

Cheap and comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

It was too noisy. The train station was just in front and stop arround 1 am and start again arround 5 am and it was really noisy.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

wifi not free of charge

everything else is fine

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the overall service was great

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse KEMPE Komfort Hotel traveller photo gallery