Reviews of Falkenstein Grand Kempinski Königstein Frankfurt This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Debusweg 6-18, 61462 Königstein im Taunus, Germany

#1 of 7 hotels in Königstein im Taunus

The stay ended up being ok but started as a deasater

When I arrived they gave me a really not nice room it was walking back in time hot mouldy smelling set in a nearby building accessed through small corridors uninviting i had to change it to get a good room & that was in the main building ...your website does not give enough information about hotel being made out of 7 buildings .... & being a Kempenski i never thought to check if it has air conditioning or not u would expect a 5 star hotel to have that ... the service at the restaurant was slow anytime u went I was alone in the whole place ordered one egg & 25 minutes later nothing!!!

The people & the area the view if u have one

Conservatively expensive but not really luxurious.
    • Superior Room

The hotel is quite big and consists of many separate buildings connected by underground tunnels that look a bit tired. There was a wedding reception going on on the terrace while the regular hotel guests were having lunch: weird for all parties involved including the staff who was noticeably overwhelmed. The floor in the spa area is EXTREMELY slippery, provided shoes does not help at all. They ran out of towels and it took them 20 minutes and 2 reminders to get the new ones.

Friendly staff, good breakfast.

I didn’t like the place at all, I was deceived with the...
    • Superior Suite

1- the location is horrible, you won’t find a single store nearby 2- they don’t speak good or clear English and most of them are unpleasant and we noticed that we were unwanted there ! It’s a shame that in 2018 and you still find a hotel with such mentality! 3- we stayed in their executive suite, we literally boiled from the heat !! They don’t have air conditioning !! And the room was full of insects 4- We had to leave because of the unbearable treatment and the heat, and they refused to refund me though i have noted them one day prior!! 5- The front desk manager was the worse (Michael) in-fact the whole front desk staff treat us with disrespect !! If you don’t want Us to come to your hotel it’s fine reject our booking even before we arrive!! We travel a lot, I have never experienced such satiation in my life. Shame on you 😡😡😡

I didn’t like the place at all, I was deceived with the pictures

Breakfast is great!
    • Superior Suite

Rooms in secondary buildings are less attractive than the main building.

Breakfast is great! Love that they serve everything you would expect and them 10% more. Fx Kombucha drink in champagne glasses

Overall an amazing place with super comfort and above average service and quality of food.
    • Superior Suite

The room cleaning is not accurate enough, for example, if you take dirty dishes away, you replace them with new ones - we woke up with suddenly no cups for coffee, etc etc...

The Breakfast is very expensive but with really good quality food. The view and Location is overall amazing.

Old hotel - but clean and friendly, professional staff - bad free WIFI
    • Superior Room

Bad free WIFI (and to suggest to charge for a speedier WIFI in such kind of hotel can't really be serious), old hotel and rooms - used, but clean

Friendly and professional staff, great view over Frankfurt, spacious rooms, quality and variety of choices of breakfast was good, nice location and hotel area, swift and easy check-in and check-out process

Beautifull hotel !
    • Standard Single Room

You have to request a toothbrush, most 5 star hotels have a range of personal items, here there is only a disposal bag and a hygene set (cotten wool pads and ear buds). Sorry but with such a high class hotel this is normally not an issue.

Spacious Rooms
    • Superior Room

Breakfast in comparison to other high-end & 5* hotels in the country is below standard, eggs I presume, are made in the early morning, so not fresh by the time we ate it (9:30), pancakes the same, got hard from the heat and tasted rather dry, good service but some staff members lacking a smile & true kempinsku hospitality flair.

Room was large & spacious

Location close to my friends...
    • Standard Single Room

Apparently I was not registered at the hotel when friends tried to call and deliver a gift. I was more than surprised! Especially since I had been celebrating New Year‘s Eve with them !?!?

Beautiful property, excellent getaway.
    • Standard Single Room

When I booked on Booking.com it was noted that there was an Airport Shuttle: It's the main reason I reserved. There is no Airport Shuttle. It was a shame that the terrace was reserved for a private event and unusable for the guests. I'd suggest leaving a few tables for paying hotel guests.

Large room, beautiful view. good hairdryer & iron

A stay I wish could be longer
    • Superior Room

The terrace was excellent. The room was spacious, like an apartment. The staff was excellent. The breakfast was exceptional. I also was very happy because I had to ask for a room upgrade and the staff provided that to me with the same price.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Excellent stay except for negative attitude of the resturant manager
    • Deluxe Room

At check-in we asked if it was necessary to book the restaurant for dinner and were assured there was no need to as the hotel was not busy. At 1930 we went to the restaurant and were told in an authoritarian manner by the manager that as we had not booked a table there was no space. We explained that we were residents and were assured on checking in we could eat in the restaurant. We asked the restaurant manager to recommend an outside restaurant in the town and she said she did not know one and pointed to the bar and said they do food. The service and food was very good in the bar although a limited menu and lots of noise. We expected better from a 5 star hotel of its restaurant manager who made no effort to accommodate us or apologise for any misunderstanding.

Location and size of the room.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

we had some really nice time here
    • Superior Room

My wife couldn't get a soup from the restaurant while we were eating in the bar next to it. But not a big deal we really enjoyed our stay.

best room I ever had very nice view everything was prepared for our 9-month old baby as requested - really good service overall breakfast was also a very good experience hotel is really beautifully furnished

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

We liked that hotel upgraded our room and we received a...

Shower was broken.

We liked that hotel upgraded our room and we received a suite instead double room.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Al was perfect

Al was perfect

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

6.0
    Fair
    • Superior Room

No AC left not reaching upper floor

Nice staff

VIP Hotel

No AC in some rooms

Very nice rooms and nice view the staff were friendly and...
    • Penthouse Deluxe

Very nice rooms and nice view the staff were friendly and helpful.

Superb setting with views of Frankfurt
    • Deluxe Room

Beautiful setting and superbly appointed building and room. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Great view with gorgeous garden surrounded by nature and...
    • Superior Room

A bit difficult to find the exact entrance of the hotel.

Great view with gorgeous garden surrounded by nature and breakfast was satisfied.

Fitness center and bar

Fitness center and bar

Great hotel great staff
    • Standard Single Room

The staff were all fantastic especially the ladies at reception. Very helpful

If you get a room, worth traveling to one of the best hotel in Frankfurt Area!!

Nothing, Perfect!

I got excellent price via booking. If you have the chance, do not miss it. I liked everything!

Very comfortable bed, well equipped bathroom.
    • Standard Single Room

Very comfortable bed, well equipped bathroom. Staff who do their utmost to make you happy.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Very clean and comfortable with friendly and helpful staff.

Parking spaces a little narrow for very large cars. Free parking in the road has more space and is very near.

Very clean and comfortable with friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

Free Wifi

A bit old-fashioned and not modern stylish. The bathroom had the Charme of the 90s. Even the Suite was huge, I didn't feel cosy. Overall it was okay for me. Next time I would like to stay at the main building to keep the ways shorter.

Free Wifi

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Wi Fi avalabity was not good.

Wi Fi avalabity was not good.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Great hotel, well maintained in beautiful surroundings

The price for breakfast, coffees etc are very steep.

Great hotel, well maintained in beautiful surroundings

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Falkenstein Grand Kempinski Königstein Frankfurt traveller photo gallery