Reviews of Hilton Munich Airport

Terminalstrasse Mitte 20, 85356 Oberding, Germany

#2 of 2 hotels in Oberding

As good as ever
    • King Guest Room

Room was great. Bathroom was getting ready for refurbishment.

Quality of the accommodation, quiet rooms with air con, helpful friendly staff. Proximity to the airport and trams.

I had a very disappointing experience on July 16th, around...
    • Twin Superior Room

I had a very disappointing experience on July 16th, around 3pm. The stuffs at the front desk were clearly making a priority over Caucasians, and I personally felt discriminated against. The only service I have received and appreciated was from an Asian lady, who was very kind and friendly. I’d like to personally thank her for the service she has given me, however, all the other stuff members were extremely rude; ruining the overall experience of my stay here. I hope these members will learn to treat and welcome everyone equally.

Perfect place!
    • King Superior Room

We didn't want to leave. An enjoyable and perfect place to stay if you are traveling in and out of Munich.

After a long trip, it was nice to relax with a lovely cup of tea and nespresso. It was perfect to have the hotel in the airport. This made traveling so much easier to transfer to the airport with lots of time to relax. The staff were superb and very friendly! The restaurants and bars were very close by. I would highly recommend to friends and family and will return on our travels back to Munich.

A typical Hilton experience.
    • King Superior Room

My room was so high tech that the toilet was actually too technologically advanced. If you like to flush several times, these facilities are a nightmare. If you have bottles in the minibar, you also should have a bottle opener there.

The staff was wonderful! Very knowledgeable and accommodating. I booked it because I needed to catch a flight from Munich the next day. It was perfect for that. The bathroom was awesome!

You can walk from reception to the terminals and vice versa,...
    • King Superior Room

Rooms are not that clean and so are the toilets..

You can walk from reception to the terminals and vice versa, porters are very friendly and you can be provided free shuttle to the airport if you has so many bags...

Great Buffet Restaruant
    • King Guest Room

Laura at the front desk was amazing...she remembered us from a few months back and was really sweet to give us an upgrade. The room was great and at the restaurant we met Julia who was so much fun and really made our dinner a fun and memorable experience. We love the airport hilton because it is at the terminal and an easy commute for flights.

One night is enough here as a stopover.
    • King Guest Room

Little choice for evening dining. Fairly soulless bar.

Comfortable deluxe room and amazing bathroom. Long walk from main part of hotel. Excellent breakfast - huge choice and very fresh. Best airport hotel breakfast I’ve experienced.

Relaxed transit
    • King Guest Room

Room was difficult to locate and staff were vague and unhelpful in directing us. Staff at the pool and spa on Sunday were not very helpful with showing the facilities or providing towel or robe. I went back the next day and was made very welcome. When we checked out the bill was incorrect and it took some time and intervention for the correct bill to be provided.

Great location for transit. Transfer is easy to find and entirely under cover. The hotel itself is quite large and nicely decorated, clean, with a variety of food and wine options. Good choice of food, including the food at the airport mall. The hotel was hosting a World Cup television event, which provided some colour and movement. We took the nearby train to Munich city, very convenient. The gym, pool and spa are clean and have good facilities. Greatly appreciated! See comments about staff. Comfortable room, well appointed, sufficient space for packing and repacking the transit luggage. We were amazed at how quiet it was.

The hotel is beautiful and thoroughly modern.
    • Twin Guest Room

The hotel is beautiful and thoroughly modern. The location is perfect for an early morning flight out of Minich. No charm but very functionally modern.

Spa staff were excellent
    • Twin Guest Room

Prepaid room prior to stay, when checked in was informed there’s a $50 bond for mini bar and it will be returned to my account within a couple days. It has not! Plus there was two bottles of water in mini bar 🧐 Upon checking out I was charged the room rate again. I questioned this and was told they just needed to put it on the invoice? And that I would not be charged again. After returning to Australia and going through my credit card invoice I was indeed charged for the room again. Not happy still trying to get money back

Spa staff were excellent

our choice every year, night before our flight.

very good service We got a room in the new part of the hotel. Very quiet, clean, comfortable double bed. The best choice to stay overnight before flying.

Beautiful room worth the price for convenience of access to the airport and the city of Munich!
    • Twin Superior Room

No hot tub in the pool area :( They had a beautiful pool and whirlpool which was very clean and well maintained, but no hot tub. Not a deal breaker, but would have been nice to soak in a hot tub after a long day of traveling.

This hotel is literally between terminals at the Munich Airport. My husband and I were looking for a place to stay where we didn't have to rent a car and it was perfect! Crazy thing was that you couldn't even hear the airplanes!! Newly built rooms with beautiful features (auto blind draw, touchpads that turned lights on/off, gorgeous bathroom). Beds had USB charging ports right at the nightstands!!

NEW SECTION OF HOTEL IS FIRST CLASS IN EVERY REGARD. BEST LOCATION FOR EARLY DEPARTURES.
    • King Superior Room

Nothing! We stayed in 10 hotels in 4 weeks of travel through Scandinavia and Germany. This hotel was absolutely the best!!

This hotel is located immediately adjacent to Terminals 1 & 2, so it is an excellent place to stay for an early morning departure. There are two sections to the hotel - one section is 24 years old, the other about a year old. We stayed in the newer section, and found the rooms to be first class in every regard. I do not know how the rooms compare to the older section. And despite being so close to the airport, we did NOT hear any aircraft noise. Price was reasonable for an airport location.

It’s a good place to get rest before flying home.
    • King Superior Room

We didn’t like having to pay for WiFi. I did not have to pay for it at either of the other properties we stayed at during this trip. The hotel dining looked a bit stale and depressing, so we went to the Airbrau nearby instead. The whirlpool next to the pool was a bit cool, but those facilities were nice otherwise.

We stayed for one night before heading home. The location is excellent, the rooms are large and quiet with comfortable beds. Head to Airbrau nearby in the open courtyard near the terminal entrance. It is a good walking distance dining option with good food that brews their own beer.

The convenience and comfort are great especially when experiencing an unanticipated layover.
    • Twin Guest Room

We enjoyed our stay and the tremendous convenience it offered to the airport terminal.

The hotel was wonderfully convenient to access the airport terminal. We stayed overnight due to a change in flight itinerary made by our airline. We were able to take the train into Munich to do some sightseeing in the morning and have a light snack before arriving back in time for our 3:45 PM flight. The hotel held our luggage for us after we checked out so that we were able to do this.

Perfect accomodation to spend a 15 hour layover.
    • King Guest Room

If you need a hotel that is located right inside the Munich airport, you can't do better than this. Comfort, convenience, and accommodations are merely steps away from from passport control after disembarking from your international flight. Shopping for snacks or alcohol is quick and easy, and being able to swim in the hotel pool after a long day of travel will instantly bring down any feelings of stress from your day of turmoil. The hotel imparts within minutes a sense of relaxation. Very clean rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Superb location for international travelers who do not need to go into the city of Munich. Quiet and spacious rooms. Great view of airplanes docked at their gates. Excellent breakfast. Easy path for border control, passport check, and to departure gates to fly away from Germany. A very comfortable stay.

As good as it gets for airport hotels
    • King Superior Room

If you need to stay near/at Munich airport, there is nothing better. The hotel is modern, efficient and generally better than other airport hotels I have stayed in. The extra facilities (ping-pong table, table soccer and golf putting) are a nice touch.

Better than the usual airport hotel
    • King Superior Room

No mini-bar, just a fridge. But shops close by to get your own drinks.

Great facilities, including a superb gym. Big room and comfy bed. An easy 2 minute walk to the airport terminal. Plenty of shops available at the terminal.

very close to Terminal 2 for our early morning departure.
    • Twin Guest Room

Wi-Fi in the room was very expensive! I had use Wi-Fi in the lobby.. If small hotels with much lower prices can offer free Wi-Fi in rooms, why can't the Hilton -where I paid much more for one night than I had in other hotels.

very close to Terminal 2 for our early morning departure. Very pleasant rooms

Excellent place to rest after a long trip.
    • King Guest Room

Wi-Fi was not as free as purported on the key holder. Some signage around the airport would have been helpful to find the hotel.

Simple and comfortable.

Stylish hotel with a mean WiFi policy (free in the restaurant, but not in the room!)
    • King Guest Room

We were shocked to find out late at night that you have to pay 15 Euros to get Wifi in your room - on top of the expensive room rate. Wifi is only free when you use it in the hotel's 'public space' = the cafe/ restaurant where you spend more money on drinks or food. This is such a mean and pitiable hotel policy! I found it irritating to be treated like this - Hilton behaving like a budget airline charging for every little thing an extra amount. I thought that Hilton is different. For this reason I won't stay there again. Hotel management: everybody wants to use WiFi, so why don't you just include it in the room rate???

We liked the spacious rooms and bathrooms, and the swimming pool was great.

Best Airport Hotel You’ll ever stay at!

-Instant coffee in the room - yuck. -Rooms are a bit warm - they don’t cool off and the sun screen in our window was broken so we got a lot of ambient heat. -A bit pricey at $300+ /night but it’s an excellent product.

An excellent hotel! I don’t usually stay at Hilton’s because I find them old and outdated, but this is definitely the exception to the rule. The hotel is beautiful; modern, stylish and comfortable. Just make sure you stay in the newly renovated wing. The old wing is more what you’d expect from a Hilton. I am really selective about where I stay (mostly 5 star) and this was surprisingly at that top level (with the exception of service, which while professional is of course not going to be over the top since you’re at an airport). It’s an easy 10-15 min walk to most gates and only about a 3 min walk if you’re flying Lufthansa (although their security line is a lot longer so get there early). It’s also a fun airport to walk around- with the huge atrium/beer garden only a few minutes from the hotel. A fun and surprisingly stylish way to end our two week family reunion trip.I hope Hilton makes more hotels like this one.

It was only 2 minutes walking distance from our terminal and...
    • King Junior Suite

The room was desolate, appliances broken, room not properly serviced, only one coffee tab, no battery in the scales, shower-head broken out of the wall, tv not functioning without prior repairs....

It was only 2 minutes walking distance from our terminal and the staff was very helpful!

Vacation before the actual vacation started
    • King Guest Room

No toothbrush, no toothpaste, no shaving kit on the room. A brochure says you could order those things (for free? don't know - didn't say), but in this price category I would expect it to be there without extra request from my side.

The breakfast was excellent and the location perfect if you need a room as close as possible to the airport. Closer is not possible anymore. No taxi, no additional transportation needed. You not even get wet if it rained on the day of your departure. Checkout would be 11:00 a.m. - we could extend until 1 p.m. without extra charge. It was absolutely quiet - no noise from the airport.

Quiet, Comfortable, Modern, Great Breakfast - Would Stay Again

I stayed in the renovated section. It was modern, high tech, and a very comfortable room. Quiet (and I'm a light sleeper) even though it is located at the airport. Bed was very comfortable and modern bathroom was beautiful. I asked for a room with a bathtub and it was so large for a long soak before flight the next morning. Room also had a shower. No complaints. However if you lock the door for the "do not disturb" red button to come on, you have to turn that button off when you go out. Just opening the door and turning the doorknob will not do it. So I couldn't get back in my room after the really great breakfast buffet. Staff was quick to help and resolved the problem. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again. Also, they sell converters there for 5 euros...much better quality and cheaper than in airports I been in.

Very friendly staff.
    • Twin Guest Room

The lift to the rooms was not very well signed. Glass shower shield in bathroom simply did not stop the water falling onto the floor. The air conditioning did not work. The hotel felt a bit souless

Very friendly staff. Walk to the Lufthansa terminal - within 60 seconds!

Wonderful, will stay again when I am in Munich

Nothing that I didn't like

Proximity to Airport, convenience of S-Bahn train to city centre, big,clean rooms, fantastic breakfast selection. Staff was friendly and helpful

- 3 mins walk to the airport.
    • Twin Guest Room

- 3 mins walk to the airport. - Facilities such as pool, gym and massage are available. - Lovely and huge lobby. - Near to rental cars drop off. - Restaurants varieties

For early departures the location is the best ever . I definitely stay there again !
    • Twin Guest Room

Mini bar empty , the room is pricey but definitely worth it

I loved the location, it is super convenient, a real time saver for early departures! Due to efficient procedures and professional staff a very quick check in , only a signiture needed !(great for the late check in). I loved the view of the the airport plaza from my room and the modern architecture of the building public spaces, the spaciousness of my room, coffee machine, international TV channels, both: a bath and a shower in my bathroom.

a comfortable hotel right on the airport
    • Twin Guest Room

Breakfast is expensiv if you just want to have a coffee/tee with a sandwich or muffin

Beds were very comfortable, it was quiet, the location is unbeatable

For perfectionists!

I did not want to go out of the room!! That was really nice and clean very good organized and perfect!! I had to check out before breakfast starts but they prepared for me one launch box which has a banana, sandwich, and juice... It was really nice. Thank you!

Perfect for early morning flights at the airport
    • King Superior Room

For the money I payed I expected better facilities in the room and hotel. The room was old fashioned and the wellness area is long overdue an update! Internet was also not included in the room price :(

Perfect for early morning flights at the airport

Great new hotel at the airport providing great convenience
    • Twin Guest Room

Very expensive mojito, the worst we have ever had! The hotel itself was excellent and we would stay there again, but avoid the bar!

The staff were friendly, the room was great, very comfortable.

Nice location but too expensive
    • Twin Guest Room

Checked in took about 50 minutes. The room is nothing special.

Location near and convenient to walk to Munich airport. Good swimming pool and very good breakfast buffet.

Very comfortable - and very large room.
    • King Guest Room

Someone from hotel staff came knocking on my door after I had gone to bed. I didn't know who was there so I called the front desk and asked them to deal with it. They said the would. Next, came a call from Housekeeping telling me that I had requested something to be "put in" my bed (a hot woman???) - I hadn't. The Housekeeping supervisor apologized. I went back to bed. Next I got a call from someone else on the hotel staff, again apologizing. He explained there had been a mistake in the room number.

The pillows were wonderful.

THERE WAS A WOMAN CALLED MISS CELINA SHE HELPED US WITH...
    • Twin Superior Room

THERE WAS A WOMAN CALLED MISS CELINA SHE HELPED US WITH EVERY THING AND ALSO MR BOUJEMAA HELPED US WITH FREE SHUTTLE TO AIRPORT I WOULD THANK EVERY BODY

A perfect stay for one night stop over.

The Restaurant was rather limited, in our opinion offering a limited a la carte menu and the buffet, in our opinion was lacking in expression, it could have been so much better with a bit more thought; in addition, again in our opinion, overpriced for what was on offer.

Everything about the hotel was excellent, friendly, attentive and knowledgeable staff. The hotel is modern and our room in the new wing, bright, comfortable and uncompromising.

Conveniently located in airport
    • Twin Superior Room

House phone not working . Technician assumed I was not in the room and after knocking opened the room door himself. I had to rush out of the bathroom to stop him !! I asked for cable extension and hotel staff couldn’t provide . I stayed at other hotels before for business and there was never a problem with my request .

Conveniently located in airport

Rooms were very clean.
    • King Guest Room

Rooms were very clean. Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was wonderful for an airport hotel. Staff was friendly and even got upgraded. Very convient and would definitely stay there again when in Munich.

disappointing stay for a lot of money
    • Twin Guest Room

outdated room with three stains on the carpet and dirty coffee cups...also different charge on a credit card for the stay than what I received in my e-mail

good location between two Munich airport terminals, quiet, no plane noise

This is the best option you have when you want to spend a...
    • Twin Guest Room

It was my second stay and I have to say that when I was informed "es gibt keine Seife" I found this perplexing. In a four-star hotel with one night priced at 150 EUR there is no soap?? I ended up buying my own soap and leaving it behind, just to help with the crisis.

This is the best option you have when you want to spend a night at the airport (for whatever reason). The staff is very nice, the gym is nice, the restaurant is clearly overpriced (but there are other alternatives at the airport).

Great stay! Irked by WiFi issue.
    • King Guest Room

Ridiculous charge for WiFi! Give me a break. The whole city of Innsbruck provides this service. Inability to open a window is lamentable, but understandable given our nutty zeitgeist.

Great accommodative staff, lovely breakfast, great hassle-free location to end a trip.

Perfect location - Easy walk to all terminals.
    • Twin Guest Room

Would like to see different charging points in the room. The Hilton at Frankfurt has USB and non-German sockets for charging electronics.

Perfect location - Easy walk to all terminals. Check in Staff very helpful. Room relatively large and well equipped.

Everything was great!

The location failed but it was my choice of staying at the airport due to tight travel schedule, and transportation was rather inconvenient from there to the city.

Everything was great! The room was beautiful and I stayed in the new part of the hotel.

Good location.
    • Twin Guest Room

One thing made me angry and this is why I gave poor review for value. When one pays over 💰 200 for room can expect free internet access particularly in Hilton.

Perfect location at the Munich airport.
    • King Guest Room

Perfect location at the Munich airport. The beer garden next door has great food & drink. Also, the airport has a quick and easy breakfast restaurant. Ideal location.

Lovely hotel, poor service.

slow check in, poor signage.

The hotel facilities themselves are excellent. However everything else around them was unsatisfactory. Not realising where the hotel was in relation to the terminal I requested the shuttle bus. There was no bus. The signage at Munich Airport is atrocious. It must be one of the most confusing places in Europe to try and catch a plane from. A sign directs you to the hotel down a ramp. At the bottom of the ramp there is no indication where to go. I ended up paying ten euro for a 200m taxi ride. When I get to the hotel there is huge queue at check in at nearly 1am. I don't expect this in a 300 euro a night hotel. Finally I plugged my smart watch into the USB by the bed only to wake up in the morning and find the watch had discharged not charged.

Really expensive and charged more for everything
    • Twin Guest Room

The hotel is outdated and the view was of the road. The price was extremely high for little that was offered And they try to charge you for Wi-Fi if you aren't a member

It was quiet and a short walk to the terminal.

After traveling in Italy for two weeks, arriving at the...
    • King Guest Room

After traveling in Italy for two weeks, arriving at the Hilton in Munich was heavenly. The pillows were perfect and it was very easy to adjust the temperature in the room and the bath.

OK to stay for one night before your flight
    • Twin Guest Room

Honestly, expected a bit more for the given price. They even 'forgot' to give some basic stuff like soap. And in the year of 2018 WiFi could be free, without all the 'members cards' and the rest of marketing tricks.

I can't say I liked anything. It was just an 'inside the airport' layover option. So yea, the only positive thing about it that it's directly in the airport, you wake up, eat your breakfast and go directly to check-in stands. Also rental car return facility is right across the street. But all the 'pros' end there.

Can't go wrong at Munich airport

The service, the room

While it suppose to change and be a larger Hotel, it is still contemporary, beautiful and impressive Hotel. Very comfortable, excellent service. Just like I remember it for the past 15 years

Great airport hotel...better than the Novotel!
    • Twin Guest Room

The room is in the terminal and getting to our flight was so easy. The room was spacious and clean. The bar and restaurant were wonderful places to relax before we left Germany.

Ideal location for an airport hotel...and super contemporary, clean, efficient, close to everything

No complaints at all.

Perfect location for an airport hotel, literally connected to the terminal just a few minutes walk away. Very clean and beautifully modern hotel, near the airport restaurants, shopping, car rental companies, and S-Bahn connection to Munich. We were totally satisfied with our 2-night stay there. (I have been at the hotel previously, when it was a Kempinski hotel. Now it's managed by Hilton, and seems more efficient and even less expensive.)

Comfy stay, ideal location
    • Twin Guest Room

Fridge in room was warm. Air conditioning didn't seem to work very well, in our room in any case. Bath drain clogged.

Hotel is in the airport so perfect for business travelers or those with an earlier morning flight. Shops and Biergarten just outside the door. Staff very helpful/professional. Bed super comfy. Nice cocktails in bar.

We were in the new area, the room was in good size, very...

We were in the new area, the room was in good size, very clean and all new. Designed in class and updated as in touch switches and smart. Very good breakfast

Excellent for overnight airport stay
    • King Guest Room

On site Munich Airport. Excellent room size. Spotlessly clean. Did not hear any noise. Spa facility for anyone staying at the hotel. Friendly staff. Great cocktail bar.

My wife left a black vest behind, we have wrote a letter to...
    • King Superior Room

My wife left a black vest behind, we have wrote a letter to get it back, but no answer from hotel. We would of course paid the post expense. Very very disappointing. That never happened to us anywhere else.

A tail or two hotles in one place .
    • Twin Guest Room

The food service was somewhere between abominable and unacceptable. For dinner, with the place only 1/4 full, we were told we had to wait over a hour. The room service for breakfast never appeared, and the tried to get me to pay twice at the restaurant. POOR DO!

All of the services at the desk and concierge was excellent.

Easy stay with dog, to fly out of Munich early the next morning.
    • King Guest Room

I came with my dog and wanted to be near to terminal 2 for early checkin the next morning. It was a breeze, staff were nice about the dog in the rest and at breakfast - thank you!

Hilton Germany "Policy" not acceptable - neither in the year 2018, nor for me!

Minor MINUS: DeLuxe Room - Shower gel stains at the tiles in the shower could be cleaned, looks really disgusting. Main MINUS 1: It made me OUTRAGEOUS that I have been asked either to pay 15 or 25 EUR per day for WiFi (Standard or Extended) or to enroll for "Hilton Honors" to avoid that. This is a shame when a guest booked a room for 240 EUR a night! But was explained to me with "the policy of Hilton Germany", which is simply BS. It may be 8 or 10 years ago that I have been asked in a hotel to pay for Internet. And for me clear reason, never ever to book Hilton again! Consequently, I denied both: Paying for Internet or enrolling for "HH". I preferred to live with the international unlimited 4G roaming of my UAE telco provider for 7 EUR per day only. Main MINUS 2: Guest reception and seating policy in the breakfast restaurant: Apart form the fact that I GENERALLY hate it, "to be seated" by service staff, it is really bothering, if during the Friday morning rush hour the reception table is occupied with one head of staff only, forced to run back and forth with guests just to "seat" them. Friday morning 8.30am there was A QUEUE of 15 guests, standing in a row in front of this unoccupied reception table, the last guest must have had a queuing time of 10-15 minutes. Not to talk about the over-conditioned attitude of these waiting guests, caused by "German service quality", standing there without protest or resistance like sheeps in front of a bus stop in China. Reception (to check if breakfast is paid or to be charged) and seating is also common practice in Asia - but there are then at least 3 or 4 staff members to do the job.

The DeLuxe Room in the North Wing was very nice equipped. The setup of the Breakfast Buffet was excellent, although I doubt that 34 EUR are a congruent price (okay, I am mainly used to stay in Asian hotels). A perfect environment to work, meet and talk is definitely given in the lobby area. Outstanding here: The "Workplaces" - Tables with Power AND USB Sockets - great!

Disappointed by brand Hilton
    • Twin Superior Room

absence of free internet in the room at such a high price!? something wrong with this hotel network... room design - nothing! pictures on the wall - make you either depressed or aggressive... no tea/coffee & corresponding facilities, shower door was not in order ...

Next to the airport entrance, spacious room, clean

Great Shower and Bathroom facilities.
    • Twin Superior Room

There truly was not a negative to be found at this facility.

Great Shower and Bathroom facilities. Spacious and was very comfortable. Rooms were very well soundproofed to guard against ambient noise of overhead aircraft in and outbound. Lounge was comfortable and the proximity to the center MAC area was very much appreciated for dining, beverages and people watching. For those who desired, there was a free shuttle to transport to the desired carriers Check In. Such a close proximity and roll able luggage invited a brief walk instead.

Good but not great airport hotel

€ 24,95 for Internet access in this day and age? Completely outrageous. Also, one has to walk quite a long way to get to the rooms - never a happy idea for a single traveler with loads of luggage.

Very convenient airport location (and they offer to drop guests off which is a huge bonus given the poor layout of Munich Airport). Staff courteous and friendly. They did a great makeover job on the rooms in one of the towers (Deluxe Rooms). A very good bed. Soundproofing is great! One would never believe that there is a busy airport right in front of the hotel.

this is not Hilton worthy as I have visited several Hilton hotels worldwide
    • Twin Guest Room

WIFI in the room not for free. Anno 2018 for a Hilton hotel ridiculous given the room rate. Room was old fashion en out-dated.

Kind and friendly employees.

Second visit was much better as I had a renovated room, felt...
    • Twin Guest Room

It is luck if you get a renovated room. There should be an option for a cheaper room if you get the older rooms as they are rundown and not so nice for the price

Second visit was much better as I had a renovated room, felt I got my monies worth

I think I paid too much for the quality
    • Twin Superior Room

Was no travel adapter to charge my phone battery no Wi-Fi no one answering the phone the furniture wasn’t that clean or new coffee machine was faulty

Size of the room and quietness

Good sleep for very late travellers but expensive for the quality
    • Twin Guest Room

Not worth the price nor Hilton standards. Outworn, smelly room, complex registration needed for the pool area. Free internet connection in rooms is a standard even in all budget hostels & exotic places, but not here. Slow connection would cost additional 15 euros/day. Noise comes from the corridors.

Friendly staff, perfect location for late night/early morning flights.

Great Location and good value
    • Twin Guest Room

Think you had to pay for the pool, which we didn't use.

The hotel is very different, particularly the lobby and bar area. Business hotel but great for one night. Very comfy bedrooms. Skiing Holiday. We normally stay over at the uk airport and fly out early in the morning. Reversed it this time. Last flight out night before, which was less cash and equivalent hotels in Europe are less too. Close to car hire. Wake up in the morning and go. Very civilised. Would recommend this way of doing things.

• Twin Guest Room

Only2 English breakfast tea bags and 2 green tea were given. I had to ask room service for more Also, not enough soap

I don’t drink coffee but the tea was excellent, thank you

Great except for no internet (only in lobby)!
    • Twin Guest Room

Very surprised that there was no internet included in the tariff.

Room great, breakfast great, location great...only problem was internet was not included...I think in this day and age internet is a given that it will be included so this was most surprising!

Ideal for MUC layovers.
    • Twin Guest Room

Blocked drainage in both bath and wash basin. The heavy curtains in my room did not overlap, hence some light could come through, which is a problem when trying to allay the effects of jet lag. The staff politely acknowledged these matters at checkout.

Spacious. Impeccably clean, very quiet, very comfortable, unimaginably convenient. Nice toiletries. Wonderful bar. Polite and helpful staff.

Outdated.
    • Twin Guest Room

The Hilton has a classical style, let's say outdated. Carpets on the floor, oldfashioned bathrooms (shower in the bathtub). Hotel and restaurant could use a serious refurbishment to meet more modern requirements. The breakfast buffet is seriously overpriced.

Perfect location.

Modern and Elegant Hotel.

Little bit high in price sometimes

Modern and Elegant Hotel. Its right at the Airport so excellent location for commuters and Business travellers. excellent food and breakfast

I should have stayed at Novotel which is 2km away and half the price
    • Twin Superior Room

Cons: Because its right at the airport, they charge you lots of money. Very unfair. Also, their rooms are not that great. Its comparable to a 3 star hotel. The grouts on the washroom has mould. Not something you would expect from a 5 star hotel which I paid 200 Euro per night. Also, breakfast is not included. You need to pay for this extra

Pros: The hotel is 1 min walk from Terminal 1 or 2. They have nice gym facility and swimming pool.

Visit from Fire Department
    • King Superior Room

Room was hot and could not get electronics to work. Fiancé took shower and 5 minutes later my room phone rang with man from front desk asking if there was a fire in the room as fire alarm was going off from my room. Told him no problem. Next thing I knew, 2 firemen and clerk were knocking at door wanting to inspect my room and shower where my fiancé was showering. They were nice and told them yes to room but no to shower where she was with no clothes. She heard the conversation and covered up a stuck her head out of the door and this satisfied them. Told the clerk about the room being too hot and he sent someone who placed the card in holder and was able to adjust thermostat. We had no trouble with lights, internet on television when card was not inserted. We paid a lot of money for a room we used for 13 hours and should not have had to experience this incident. Difficult for both of us to sleep after this incident and we had to get up @ 4 am to prepare and leave for our flight at 7 am.

Location near airport. Good size room and bathroom was excellent. Ease of going out and returning to room.

Browse Hilton Munich Airport traveller photo gallery