Reviews of Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg 5 stars

An der Alster 72-79, St. Georg, 20099 Hamburg, Germany

#14 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No explanation of facilities on arrival. Over priced at 9 euros for a cup of tea. Only coffee maker in room, no kettle. Outside bar last orders at 9.30pm and stuffy Inside. Constant noise/drilling from reburbs.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room was overheated (heating malfunction) but we were comped on parking in exchange. Slippers provided but gigantic - usually asked in advance for size. No bathrobe in room.

Rooms/bed very comfortable, staff is excellent. Great location & the bar is very nice & relaxing.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing apart from my room was not quite ready as per the agreed check in time.

Bed was very comfortable. Bar was well stocked and Breakfast was plentiful

• Superior Double or Twin Room

35 euros for breakfast is a bit steep, 30 would have been acceptable. Air conditioning was pretty rubbish, roasting hot room.

Bed was good and room was exceptionally clean. Loved the bathroom. Staff were well presented. Food was good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception staff were faultless, but concierge and bar staff were occasionally abrupt, bordering on dismissive. No iron in room - one was brought very quickly when asked but would be preferable to have it available in the room.

Wonderful decor, super comfy bed and pleasant pool/sauna area. Nice to have a coffee pod machine rather than instant rubbish.

• Deluxe Double Room

The manager in reception was perfect rude. She thinks that she is managing the Hotel by herself and she is absolutely arrogant. We had booked 5 rooms total. 3 from booking and 2 from the hotel where the conference were take place, from the conference manager. However due to unexpected reason we had cancelled all reservations for one night. Even though it is forbidden on booking.com according to rules and regulations, they help such as like survive and did my cancellation free of charge with a great understand. We also informed the receptionist on a same day for other 2 rooms 1 night cancellation and they confirmed. On the day that we were checking out the staff of repection has changed and this above mentioned manager, definitely refused this cancellation. So you could think this as like you are paying more than 2000 eurs for a hotel stay, and you will tell lie for 1 night which equals 180 eur. I give decision to your opinions. Be careful about this hotel management especially reception tricks.

The cleanless and breakfast was fine. The location is seems good.

• Deluxe Double Room

Just the high tea that was maybe not the best I have ever tasted. But a big plus for the Champagne that was gorgeous.

Amazing breakfast and very quiet room. Nice atmosphere, fireplace. Ideal location, 7 mns from the central station

• Deluxe Double Room

Without exception the staff are haughty, unfriendly and disrespectful; all should have a course on making the customer feel welcome. Forget this hotel when you’re looking for a five star hotel in Hamburg. Highly recommend the Hyatt instead! Upon arrival the reception tried to charge us for approx. EUR 100 per night claiming that rooms were booked for one person only; Front Office Manager brutality was beyond imagination. Issue was quickly resolved thanks to the fantastic people at booking.com. Beds are terrible - worst night ever. Breakfast below standard - hotel is truly faded glory and you will be disappointed if you are a frequent traveler.

Location excellent

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First two nights were fine and on second day received a note saying a gala is taking place on the Sat night seemed fine, went to bed at 10.00 on the night woken by very very loud music went on from 10.30 to after 3.00 our room was like being at a consert phoned reception but phone broken reception gave us ear plugs no other rooms they said, this was the worst experance ever at a Hotel, never slept all night ruined our anneversery break of 44 years complained when leaving staff could not care less my final words were delighted to be leaving, on my secontd stay at this Hotel we were in bed asleep when a guest came in to our room we were terrified, desk made double room booking 5 stars!!!!! sent complaint to Hotel saying the Hotel should be closed when such a big event is on, dont expect a reply.

Clean, warm, nice bathroom my forth stay rooms looking tired and used, very elegant building in great location

This hotel not offer any gift for babies, even would like to sell it!!! I think it is not good for a 5 star hotel. In my 15 days staying in Europe I lived in 4 hotels in different cities, all off them had some surprise gift for baby , but this hotel , nothing.

Location and facilities are good

• Deluxe Double Room

Unusually there was no shampoo in the bathroom only bath and shower gel and hand lotion which for a deluxe room was strange. Otherwise a good stay and would use again.

Location only a few minutes walk from hauptbahnhof. Pool and spa area were pleasant. Windows in room were openable French doors so enable benefitting from a French balcony

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very helpful and friendly staff, concierge's were very knowledgeable. Rooms were very spacious and bed extremely comfy. The running/walking track around the lake opposite the hotel made for a great morning run.

1). I booked one junior suite for my family staying, before our arrival, I confirmed with reservation staff by phone that we need two additional beds for our two young kids, but when we arrived late night, they only prepared one single additional bed, I could only share double bed with two kids, my husband slept on kid-size single bed, whole night everyone had very bad sleeping. 2). My colleague stayed in one single room, in the morning before we checked out, without any previous notice, the cleaning lady just used her own key to open his room at 8h30 to check if needing house-keeping, this is not acceptable. 3). When we did check-in, we ordered newspaper financial times, but for 2 days staying, we never received this news paper. 4). When I did checked out with one junior staff, I explained to her that I need to discuss with senior staff for the situation, but I saw the senior stuff just stayed behind and have no any intention to listen to the clients...

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I dont like the bed ..They give me two single beds for us the couple the middle of is separate..hurt my back bones

I likethe architecture of the property and the high tea in lobby

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A very beautiful hotel right at the Alster, walking distance from the station and from the centre of town. The lobby area is beautifully decorated, grand style. The breakfast room is overlooking the Alster - breakfast has a vast choice and is great. Our room was somewhat minimalist in terms of decoration and the window to the Alster a bit on the small size considering the size of the room. Absolutely great was late night dinner on the 24th, served by the Christmas tree in the cozy lobby. The best fish and chips ever (and I have eaten lots in GB). Overall a most pleasant stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the double bed was 2 singles but curiously rose in the middle so was like sleeping on side of alp room service on breakfast was poorly delivered . only one place setting tho two people requesting food on menu card staff in bar a bit slow and diffident lighting in room poor and not many power sockets for gadgets wifi very poor even on paid 'high speed 'service

location by lake very romantic classical old building very good buffet breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is expensive! $70 for a couple if you didn't pre-book!

The bed was SO comfortable. I am pregnant and I haven't slept that well in so long. The indoor pool was the perfect temperature. It was a short walk from the Hauptbahnhof, a short walk to the shopping. The setting was so nice and romantic on the water. And we loved the model ship displays in the hallways. The bathtub was nice and deep!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff helpful when we had problems with lost bags. Went out of their way to apologise. Room very comfortable and spacious. Great location as we needed to get to the main station. Close to the city centre. Safe area.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The value you get for the money you pay is not great, as you pay extra for any other service in the hotel such as: parking, breakfast, water in the room and better wifi. It goes without saying that a 5 stars hotels should be clean, however it starts to irritate you when they come and clean your room 5 times per day... The reception was trying to sell us football tickets for a double price and it felt very cheap when they tried to bargain. Funny to watch the guests of the hotel drinking unlimited champagne for 68 euros...

The location is close to the center, the room is spacious and comfortable beds.

• Deluxe Double Room

The pool was broken so no swimming. It was very cold because the heating system was broken. Found an old used sock under the bed and an old dryed fruit stone from a peach under the chair.

Excellent room. Nice bed. Friendly staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

The carpeting and bathroom floor were dangerously wet upon my arrival. The pool was about 15C (too cold to enter). One day my in-room breakfast order was "lost." On one occasion staff entered my room without my hearing while I was naked in the bathroom, which resulted in a shock.

Magnificent views

• Deluxe Double Room

I wish there were some polite way to say this but I can’t think of one which would get the point across. The hotel lobby is lovely and inviting, as is the Atlantic bar. So my wife and I were eagerly looking forward to bringing closure to a long drive by nursing a dry Beefeater Martini each. We sat at the bar and watched in horror as the bartender (1) filled our glasses with crushed ice certainly just to chill them? No! Then (2) shake the liquors in a can. Ok. Then (3) pour the strained cocktail Oops, onto the bar surface twice before aligning the strainer correctly! Then pour what little remained in the can over the crushed ice! OMG. We could not believe our eyes. So we asked the fellow to put everything back into to can and strain it, which he did without even offering to replace the quantity he spilled. We ended up with two glasses of cold water!!! Kafka could not even script this! Still, without complaint we ordered 2 shots of gin to partially restore the cocktails. (1) we were told we had to wait because the fellow was working the service bar as well, (2) the bill for all this was over 40€! In the morning I had half expected to see this taken off our bill because surely somebody in management took notice of the unsmiley face we jotted on the bar chit. Somebody took notice alright and we were treated to the iciest check out in hotel history. Here’s your hat, what’s your hurry.

The Atlantic Restaurant is every bit as good as it claims. The chef excels at these classics. And our waiter was a very warm and charming and polished fellow. (The maître d’ was appropriately chilly but polished as well lol.) The valet who greeted our car was warm, helpful and made us feel welcome, as was the receptionist who checked us in. This was the extent of “warm” at the Kempinski. Breakfast is an arguably expensive affair, but lavish in every respect. Beautiful morning room. Beautiful linen. Very expansive and delicious buffet, and an extensive a la carte menu is avaible too if you are not fond of buffet dining.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I have been travelled a lot, but that was one of the best hotels i have been in. Large and clean rooms, friendly stuff. Location: 10min walking to the shopping streets, restaurants and clubs

• Deluxe Double Room

Charging 50% day rate for a couple of hours extra stay after checkout, with no middle ground.

Over all classy hotel, albeit a bit on the traditional side of Hamburg hotels. Specifics: comfortable bed, great food, quite room, fast free internet and cheap upgrade.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The buffet in the breakfast room deserves better presentation and higher quality produce; The cook can't make egg benedicte - which in my view is the criteria by which i judge a 5star establishment. The bedding linnen could be of higher quality too. The toilletteries were good quality and i appreciated them

Compared to my last stay i was happy to get a refurbished room which corresponded to my needs and taste. I particularly appreciated the complementary water bottle upon arrival. The closet and the furniture was very tasteful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Beautiful, modern mixed with old world charm. Excellent staff- bar and tea room were wonderful. I especially enjoyed, Michael- the pianist in the salon! He took many requests- and played the piano so tenderly amongst all the guests.

The reception staff Manager Frieda and Florian are very rude to me and my husband. We were there from 11:30am, but could not get our room keys until 2:30pm, after I complained when I saw them handing out room-keys to German guests. This was at 2:00 pm - When I saw this I questioned Florian and asked whether he was discriminating against us. The front-office manager, Frieda jumped up from her desk and shouted at me that she would not allow a customer to accuse her staff of discrimination. I have never seen such a rude person in Germany. As you know I am frequent booking.com customer staying at the best hotels in Europe and Asia and very disappointed. We finally got our room keys . . .

In comparison to Claridge's in London very poor however door men and concierge are most helpful and jolly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We were disappointed! In a 5-star hotel one should not have a broken washing table, a bathrobe with holes, breakfast coming late to your room, huge spots in the entry hall, hard bread and cold scrambled eggs at the buffet, taxi not coming for more than 10 minutes, swim trainer with students in the spa pool, ...

The concierge was very helpful. Location is still everything.

• Deluxe Double Room

Only internet speed too low.

Atlantic Kempinsky Hamburg is a very nice well maintained five star hotel with very polite and helpful staff. Located near the central train station which gives ease of access to the entire area. Hotel is by Alster.

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable, nothing was too much trouble, the breakfast and room were great, the under floor heating was a nice touch.

Had to wait for hours to check in because the cleaning was not ready in due time :( Had to pay extra for good internet the food in the garden was not very good

lobster soup massage the room breakfast location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not impressive. There was only one glass of each kind instead of two in the beautiful bar in our room. The staff tried to be professional but was quite distant.They seemed unhappy. There must some management issues that need to be dealt with in the Atlantic Kempinski...

It's a very beautiful hotel and well located.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

My only complaint was I couldn't work the coffee machine, the maid could not speak English and I can't speak german. I said about it at the front desk and was told she would send somebody to show me, sadly no one came, so no coffee in room

Absolutely beautiful hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Bed very comfortable and warm. An added luxury was underfloor heating in bathroom. Would definitely stay again if ever back in Hamburg

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was not what we expected from the other reviews on trip advisor, we booked a superior room with extra-large double bed, but we walked into a twin room - I called reception to ask if we could be changed to a double bed room, but they said they were fully booked, but did bring up a mattress topper to try to cover the gap in the beds, but we still had a small duvet each rather than one large one. The "superior" room, is slightly larger than your average UK Travelodge king room, the only real improvement being that the bathroom has a heated floor - but no bath, only a shower room. The room was very run-down, more in-line with a 2-3 star hotel, our bathroom sink had huge chips and chunks missing out of it, lucky the kids were not with us as they would have cut their hands. The in-room complimentary coffee machine had three coffee pods and two creamers, these were not replenished at all throughout our 3-night stay, despite a phone call requesting a top-up, so go easy, that's all you are getting! No tea available in the rooms at all. Watch out for that mini-bar, we didn't touch it - but we were asked for 45 euro at check-out for "mini-bar" charges, which we refused to pay; oddly no argument from the chap on reception, he just cleared it off, so if you use the "auschecken" key drop-box, you may end up with a card charge you were not aware of, so best to queue up and checkout in-person. I imagine 30 years ago, this was probably a really great hotel, worthy of 5 stars - but things right now, a Travelodge does better. Luckily, we were not here all that much, as we had lots to do and see in Hamburg, but we would probably book something newer and cheaper if we return to the city.

Is in a fairly good location, with the central train/underground stations only 5-7 minutes away by foot. All the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and fluent in several languages and even tolerated my attempts at communication in German :)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This property needs a facelift externally i.e painting and decoration. Breakfast was just ok for the price. The hotel could do with a second dining room. The main restaurant was too expensive for dinner. Wifi was difficult to access.

Good location and friendly staff. Bedroom was good and well equipped.

• Deluxe Double Room

1) The selection of paid films is poor; 2) There is no tee bags available at the mini bar, which is the case in all hotels I have ever been; 3) One can get access to high-speed WiFi with 3EUR/day extra, which I find it a bad strategy of the hotel, compared to the prices of rooms, 3 EUR is almost nothing. Customers would however highly appreciate if it's offered free of cost.

Car parking . I paid almost 35 euro per day but there was a small hit in the back of my car because of the people who parked the car . I spoke with the hotel management and they told me they will check the camera and get back to me . I have checked out three days now and nobody called me . I suggest that you park your car by yourself . Thank you

Excellent hotel and location is great . Almost everything was great

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some of the rooms doesn't have internet connection because the building is old and they can't cover the internet connection in all rooms. I stayed half of my trip in my room without internet because they hides the fact and kept saying that they are fixing the issue. It's sorted out when they changed my room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No five star feeling, gloomy lobby, public bath rooms are a shame for a five star hotel, outdated spa, after arrival in our room it was obvious that the bed was used. a complaint at the front desk was waved away with the offer of a free soda at the bar. and on top of it we found the next morning the worn clothes of the previous guest in the bathroom.

Spacious hotel and good breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

My bluetooth headphones where stolen from my luggage, leaving it with the concierge service. I received no help from hotel staff who did not believe me and told me that everyone has worked for many many years at the hotel, also the hotel boy taking my luggage was not older than 18 years. I expect more from a five star Hotel, certainly that personal belongings are kept safe.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Did not take breakfast because the cost (euro 35) was far too high and cannot justify paying so much for breakfast

Upgraded to suite, superb facilities plus staff very helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The free Wifi was of little use beyond sending and receiving e.mails, as it was extremely slow and incapable of even downloading a subscription newspaper. The hotel offered high speed wifi @ Euro 6 per hour, which I do not consider reasonable.

General comfort and helpfulness of staff

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

No complaints.

A classic grand hotel which has been recently renovated. Great location on the Alster, and just a short walk to the city center. The rooms are large, very comfortable, and quiet.

Not one thing

My third stay at this Hotel, with out doupt the best Hotel I have ever stayed in, this Hotel very much values its customers many other Hotels could learn from about customer care.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely, old fashioned grand hotel. Had dinner in the bar/brasserie. Good service. Close to train station and next to the art gallery and the lake so good location.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Location was greatvbeside the lake and the superior room was was beautiful and spacious. The restaurant was exceptional with the head waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. Staff overall were brillant

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The Booking.com system did not allow me to book for two despite having searched for 2 adults when I found this property. We therefore had to pay 30 Euros extra at check out above what I had prepaid. Not the hotel's problem but Booking.com has a problem that must be fixed!

The hotel is great in all respects

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

When there is terrible thing happen, no one in hotel cares.

Some people got in my patents's room when they were in Breakfast, they left beer bottle and coffee cup, which is terrible. I asked to check the camera, the hotel checked and said there is one got in the room, which is shocked. I told the manager that we have to know who is this, why he got in other people's room and how he could have the key? Until the end, we didn't heard any thing back with the result from the hotel why this happen and who is this. We asked the explaination this, but there is no explain and no any compensation. My parents changed a room, it's their first visit germany, this is not the good experience for them. And how this could happen in a 5 star hotel. We won't come back this hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Noisy cleaning staff, I never had a good night's sleep. Endless dragging of cleaning & other equipment up and down the corridor, often sounding like deliberately being loud and banging on my room door as I was a late sleeper.

Room service, location

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

They turn on floodlights to illuminate the hotel at night, making it impossible to enjoy the view and attracting all kinds of insects.

Beautiful, quiet location on outer Lake Alster and away from the madness of the Binnenalster area. We used room service a lot and it was great. Pool is decently sized for doing laps. Staff is fantastic.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was old. The mattress was curved inwards so it was a little but uncomfortable.

Hotel is nice and clean. The staff was soo friendly and really helpful. The food was good as well. The room was larger than what I expected. Bathroom is large.. with floor heater, which I loved. Bathrobe, slippers.. coffee machine and a large complementary water bottle.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They referred everything to do with my booking, including at the reception desk and when ordering room service etc etc, to my non-existent husband. Everything was addressed to Mr. My Last Name. Despite the fact I am a woman travelling alone for business and had booked everything and spoken to everyone myself. Quite irritating. They also seemed confused that I was alone when dining and in the bar, and would not come to me for a long time, like they expected me to be joined by someone. They had no problem immediately serving solo men, though. Very odd.

Great location, traditional old grand hotel, lovely lobby and restaurant, impeccable staff, and no issue speaking English. My room was extremely spacious and the bathroom was lovely, with heated floor tiles. They invented the Lobster Bisque and it truly is worth trying. So good!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location: Good.. Walking distance to hauptbahnhof Hamburg and shopping streets. Also there is vale service for cars. Cleaning: Very good.. Perfect staff, good-humoured and reception also helpfull. Room was comfortably spacious. We were happy to stay here.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Spa and pool is outdated, the lobby area and the Bar need an upgrade. Breakfast room has the space and ambient of a train station waiting area (No go for 5⭐️)

great room and nice location, very friendly door man and reception. With some luck Udo Lindenberg included.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I think the ground floor lobby and bar areas are ready for a refurbishment to match the breakfast room.

The quality of the hotel, the attention of the staff and the magnificent breakfast room.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Did not find reception staff very welcoming. Although I had notified time of arrival nobody notified me I wouldn't have been able to check in. As I arrived well after check out time I would have thought a five star hotel could have managed an earlier check in time without an extra charge.

Location very good. Great facilities

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Carpet needed a vacuum. Belt tag on bathroom robe broken. A few signs of wear and tear in room. Having to pay small amount extra for fast internet - in a five star hotel am amazed they have decided to bother their guests with this - should be included. Rather than a jug of fresh milk in fridge they had those little plastic containers - looks cheap. Small things but when paying top dollar expect the very best.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. View of the Alster. Free cake in room for Easter.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lobby too small to accommodate guests in the evening. It's nice to hear the Piano, its also nice to hear it every hour or so, not continuous

View of the lake while eating

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Couldn't fault anything.

Bed was exceptionaly comfortable, facilities fantastic,staff freindly & helpful.Hotel in an excellent location,main station is 10 minute walk away,with easy access to S-bahn & underground.Hotel will arrange a taxi if you prefer.A really enjoyable stay.

• Deluxe Double Room

The (very friendly) breakfast staff seemed overwhelmed at times. So while still quite good, the ordered omelette contained things that were explicitly mentioned to not be in there. As this happend even with the 2nd delivery, we eventually gave up on correcting. Also, this is 2017, charging extra for High Speed (as opposed to the included "not so fast and slightly flaky") internet shouldn't be a thing anymore.

The room was great, especially the generous bathroom area.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

A near perfect hotel.

The rooms have recently been renovated and are extremely stylish and comfortable. Managent has spent a lot of attention to detail in redesigning the rooms of this very up-market hotel. The best 5star hotel I have stayed in for a long time... . It will be difficult to match this in Hamburg.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The stone floor before the door to the room. It looks marvellous, but unfortunately walking on this makes quite some noise, specifically on heels. This woke me up ca. 3 times during the night. But all in all, this did not spoil the experience.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There is a smoking room near the bar in Ground lever. Even being a smoker myself, I could smell smoke all the way up to 4. floor.

Very nice swimmingpool and wellness . The room was large and comfortabæe

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the room was really bad, giving the atmosphere a strange feeling. At the desk the light was totally useless for working on anything.

Yes the bed was extra comfortable, the lobby was likable.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

We liked everything.

The room was elegant, updated bath and coffee bar, French doors to court yard, comfortable bed! Wonderful restaurant and staff!!!Lovely lobby bar, to sit at the end of the day with a cocktail or at teatime. Lovely, gracious, elegant hotel. Location was excellent-a block from the central train station but convenient to walk to the museums, Rathaus, Christmas market, Neuer Wall shops. We would return to stay here and recommend it with enthusiasm!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The spa - no steam room, a small mixed sauna and the swimming pool was cold

Excellent and comfortable rooms. Good service but not as good as the Balmoral or Waldorf Astoria in Edinburgh where I have recently been.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

It's little bet far away from the city center about 10 min. Walking

I like the quality of the rooms it's right they are small but the are very satisfying.. the lobby and the tea long there is gorgeous especially in the winter season.. good staff good food .. They are very honest when I did my check out I forget my mobile in the room and I call to check and they kept it the reception desk

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was amazing - the room was fantastic and the bed was really comfy. The service was exceptional and the energy clinic facilities top-notch. Would highly recommend.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was quite uncomfortable, although bouncy I woke up with a sore back every day.

Going to Atlantic (Kempinski Hamburg) is always a good choice. The hotel itself is setup to transpire a comforting atmosphere. The staff is very helpful and friendly. When staying at the hotel you might want to consider making a reservation for the restaurant, the food is certainly on par with fine dining you would expect at a 5-star hotel and this is reflected by the availability of a table. In-room dining is also very good, the availability multiple courses and a decent list of wines makes the woking-dinner a pleasure. The location is quite good. Although it is not at the inner Alster (the city-center part of the lake) there is a very good connection and taxi's are always around. I believe the location is just right while you are outside the busy city-center but still on 5 minutes walk away. Also the CCH (Congres Center) is close by (about 5 minutes by taxi or rental bike). The rooms I have has so far are all very spacious (I can speak for the Deluxe Room and the Junior Suite w/ lake view) and warm. The bathrooms are also very well setup.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Restaurant and Pool facilities - all staff very caring and professional. Special thanks to reception, pool staff and all Restaurant staff. Thank you for making our stay as special as always!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Exceptional customer service, reception and front of house staff second to none. Room was tasteful, well equipped and housekeeping staff were diligent and attentive. Superb - looking forward to our next visit.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was a little on the small side for what we paid but super comfy. Wait staff on the second evening were a little grumpy and made us feel uncomfortable when sitting in the lounge area. The previous night they had been wonderful (and we tipped!) so it was a bit odd.

Beautiful old hotel full of history. Excellent location on the Alster. 4 mins from railway station and Christmas markets.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bedrooms too hot and corridors too.

Friendly warm experience with wonderful staff and nothing too much trouble. Would definitely come back and recommend to friends. Location is perfect. So central.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

After traveling for a long period was in bed eary around 10.00 and woken by finding someone in my room, this was the most frigning experience I have ever had being woken up to find some one in our room, desk had double booked, every night we were concerned it would happen again worst experience ever, desk staff said they must have made a misstake!!! I have travelled extensively in europe never ever happened, still a little unsettled when going to bed since then.

All fine in relation to fairely high costs

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The shower did not have hot enough water , it took a long time to get the shower temperature right

The location was great so close to the train station and to the start of the sightseeing tours and restaurants

Browse Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg traveller photo gallery