Reviews of Kempinski Hotel Frankfurt Gravenbruch This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Graf zu Ysenburg und Büdingen Platz 1, 63263 Gravenbruch, Germany

#1 of 2 hotels in Gravenbruch

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Although the rooms were very reasonably priced, the rest of the hotel was a bit pricey.

It was lovely, the pool and spa were great and heated to 26c! The food was lovely and Iris Lehrman, the lady at the lounge bar was fantastic and very good at English, she made us very welcome. The breakfast was delicious and sitting by the lake to have drinks was beautiful

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The man on the Entrance of the Restaurant in the Breakfast is rude and let us out of the restaurant!!! Was not expected. Location is outside Frankfurt.

Hotel is nice and clean and very quiet.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel is just 20 minutes to the city center but a taxi can cost from 30€ to 50€ some of the drivers are very deshonest one day charge 35 next day 50.

Beautiful hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Extra comfortable bed, I slept cocooned in it. I ordered a special pillow too, which was brought to me promptly. Traveling alone as a woman I felt very safe in this hotel. All I did was sleep, because I was coming from a long flight, but I have stayed here many times. I love this hotel. I got all the help with my luggage. It was a perfect stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Left headphones in room. Called twice. Was promised to be called back twice. Still no news. At this hotel room rate you would expect service.

Rooms are good

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I have stayed here previously and LOVED my experience. This time the room was not as nice. There were scratches on the wall in room 342 and I got stuck in the bathroom due to a faulty doorknob. I used many services such as ironing and room service and have no complaints but other than that it was not worth the stay. I wish I had known the hotel was not entirely as updated as the room I received a couple months ago on my first visit. It would have factored into my decision to confident pre-book this time. I will say again that the entire staff was wonderful, but I was overall disappointed this trip.

The staff was fantastic.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For being a SPA hotel, corridors are quite chilly

Perfect SPA hotel not far from the Frankfurt central area, good for quick trips and for chilling in the evening, after work. Quite pricey, but overall awesome experience. Strongly endorse trying out their lobby bar: very good drinks.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staffs were very arrogant, I felt I was discriminated caused my race because there was no reason they acted in very arrogant way. I am not sure what was it but at the reception and in the breakfast place as well. We kept our manners but our table was ignored from dish collecting, refilling water nor welcoming. Never asked for anything as other guest have been asked properly for water or coffee. I would say the facility was perfect but never go back to this hotel because of the staff and their slight different attitude to treat among customers.

the room was nice generally and beding was very comfortable. Spa was also nice with relaxing atmosphere, only get to spa was like maze. Building itself was quite confusing.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lovely Hotel, very comfortable, easy access to all area's by short taxi ride. Staff were very welcoming and very willing to assist with any assistance. Would recommend for both business and pleasure.

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very service minded personel and most encounters were great at a number of diverse occassions, however the hotel would have gained merits and goodwill cred if accomodating a request of compensation for a service not available, that was wrongly advertised at Booking.com site, more understandingly and swiftly.

Excellent bar and dining area, good food and wine, very nice people at service. Amazing sauna areas and pools, very delicate and good hair and skin products. Lovely room and be. Delicious breakfast with a view... wonderful stay in luxurious setting, recomendable and lovable!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For the last twenty years we have been constant clients of Kempinski Gravenbrich and even lived their for month and a half. But the last two years after the management changed it seems that with the refurbishment even the sense of hospitality and propriety has vanished. We booked the hotel via booking.com two rooms with double beds at the price of 150 Euro per night each and got confirmation. When we arrived the receptionist informed us that they have no rooms available with double beds, but if we need double beds they can offer us two rooms with extra charge 50 Euro per room. We agreed but the hotel seemed empty as even at breakfast there were few people. Maybe this way to avoid paying commission to booking.com?))))) In the morning for our great surprise the hotel charged our five year old granddaughter 50% of breakfast fee, but as far as I know none of the hotels that present themselves as five stars charge kids… But that is the small matter but unpleasant. When I checked out, the receptionist used my credit card but informed me that the card was declined… I went to the ATM and cashed the requested amount from the same card and pay for the accommodation and services we used. When I arrived home I found out that the 550 Euros are blocked by Kempinski Gravenbruch on my account. I contacted the hotel manager the same day and he promised to release the money in 48 hours but in 96 hours nothing happened. I contacted the hotel again and they reply that they can keep the money for four weeks… So that make me angry as the hotel was paid in cash and now keep half a thousand without my authorization and without any apologies. And the last but not the least, my wife because she remembers the old style of the hotel, did not notice that instead of the space where it used to be a concierge door now is the glass wall without any signs.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some room are a long walk from the reception/restaurant area. Though this is only a minor inconvenience.

Excellent gym and spa. Good restaurant on site. Classy bar lounge. Very friendly staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The unbelievable distance to our Delux rooms, as I said in a previous comment, it's about the distance of a city block, it sounds impossible, or as though I am exaggerating, but it's true !!

The breakfast buffet at all Kempinski is always wonderful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the restaurant need a lot improvement for dinner services

everything was perfect from checkin to check out the spa is unique in this hotel and is highly recommended

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The spa and pool experience was not relaxing. I booked a massage and it felt very rushed. Not worth the money. The pool was packed with people as well.

Lovely staff who were very helpful. Food was good.

I liked everything.

The facilities were phenomenal! Not somewhere could typically afford to stay, so it was more of a splurge trip but it was well worth it. My husband actually forgot to iron a shirt, and the maid was in her room with in minutes to iron the shirt and bring it back to them. The check and stuff is wonderful as well. My room service experience was delightful, and although we only attended one of the three restaurants, it was delicious as well. The hotel bar was equally relaxing and comfortable.

Enjoyed it all

From the greeting at the door to the bottle of water offered on our departure the staff coud not do enough to make our stay memorable. The room has everything one could wish for with a bed that was second to none for comfort. We had dinner in the more relaxed venue of the Torschaenke where we were well advised on our choices and enjoyed an exceptional meal served with a friendly professionalism. Although breakfast the next morning was busy the staff still had time to make sure individual needs were met. The breakfast offering itself was exceptional with all tastes catered for to a high standard.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

beautiful hotel nice location ,, and special thx to the lady manger at the reception she was so kind with me and upgrade me to better room ,,,,,,,,God bless her ,

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Poor service at the bar. It was supposed to be open until 1 in the night but we were forced to pay at 00.30 and it was my birthday so I asked at reception if I could have one more prosecco...it came after 15 minutes and had no sparkles at all..it's not like a 5 star hotel...very dissappointing And the breakfast for 83 Euros did not taste at all..and no baguette for the salmon for example and the salmon wasn't tasty at all...bread was not fresh...the orange juice was not fresh....the egg not perfectly on time...the omlette dry...

The furniture and architecture of the bar

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a little far from Frankfurt City Center since it's in a suburb but is beautifully situated with a small lake and fountains. New gym facilities are exceptional.

The property has been fully renovated and upgraded to be more tech enabled. Concierge staff and Front Office staff is superior.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

our number was far from restaurant and the main building of hotel, it is unusual. But the main thing that was unpleasant that very good audibility with the next numbers. We precisely knew what is done by the neighbor what program he watches at TV and when rang out in the morning its alarm clock, at least 3 numbers woke up.

excellent breakfast, good SPA, pleasant hotel

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The problem was lots of small problems that add up to an experience I won't duplicate at The Kempenski. The staff was terrible. I was over charged several times and it had to be corrected. The double bed was on rollers which caused a considerable amount of inconvenience (and perhaps a funny story), but when I mentioned it, I was told I should have called housekeeping and that next time, rather than a superior room, I should book the grand delux. I'm sure housekeeping would have loved a midnight phone call from two people looking for private time. Dinner at Esstisch proved to be too long a wait. 30 minutes for our menu and an estimated 50 minutes after we ordered. My partner and I asked if it was possible to just have it delivered to our room. They said of course, not a problem. The food arrived an hour later. We were missing a salad, appetizers and the food was incredibly cold. Again, a small problem that would have taken more of our valuable time to resolve than worth the trouble. All in all, too expensive for not a lot. I'll stay at the Westin for our next weekend get away.

The grounds and room were beautiful. The spa is gorgeous. My partner and I wanted a night away from the children with spa facilities and good food. The spa is wonderful.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great personal, nice location, good sized quiet rooms. Abundant choice for breakfast. Parking was easy and free on the parking lot next to the hotel. Maybe the fitness room was a bit small but large enough to do a decent workout.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The first room they gave us had an absolutely awful smell coming from the cupboard. However, we asked to change room and the staff very helpfully and immediately gave us a new room and helped us move our stuff (in the middle of the night).

The hotel is great, great facilities, comfortable bedrooms and great fitness and swimming pool. We have been going for years onroute to Bavaria. It is excepionally well placed as a stopover during a long trip as it is very close to the motorway and airport but is not right next to them, so you really feel like staying in a luxury country-side hotel, not an airport or motorway hotel. I really wish there were more of this kind in Europe, it is a rare find. Staff is very professional and the breakfast is not to be missed. We will definetely go back.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Although the main bed was very comfortable, the extra bed for £50 was not (too short and the mattress too thin) and £29 for extra breakfast is frankly ridiculous. Also the new lighting system is overcomplicated and not very user friendly.

The bed was comfortable, breakfast selection was very good and staff very nice and polite. Have stayed here several times before and have to say that I preferred the atmosphere and the charm of the old decor. Feels too business oriented for me now.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

'Fitness' area wasn't a real gym. Due to some party there was no bar at night.

Nice pool and resting area. Beautiful surroundings and outside areas. Room was nice, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The profession of the staff is a disappointment. The shower sink was stucked. Water was everywhere in the room. The response of the hotel was slow, after they finally gave us another room which has small angle of the lake view. The hotel close the first room without checking if we have moved everything. This is so unprofessional which I have never seen in any 5-star hotel. I have to spend the rest of the stay communicate witht the house keeping team if they have found my other belongs. I feel really upset in this trip . The hotel staff told me that they are very sorry. but there is nothing they can do. I feel that they did not try to do anything. I am so disappointment and feel it's my bad luck to pick this hotel. They just say sorry then hope their guests to accept it. This is so not professional for a 5 star hotel. I would like to suggest their service team to learn hospitality from Park Hyatt system. Some facilities are damaged- the handle for the stairs in the pool area. Me and my husband fell down the stair. And there is electric cables in the outside pool. We saw it when we were in the pool. The cabel was connected with power. We were scard to die. So hurry left the pool. The telephone was also broken when we were checking out. I had to borrow other phone in other room to call for luggiages help.

Wonderful bed. Gym,Spa,Pool and Cocktails are great. Natural surrounding.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Superior rooms are located very far from the front desk and lobby. If you are on a business trip and have no time to waste, better reserve deluxe category.

One of the best hotels in Germany.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was confusion when I went to the pool, no-one knew if I had to sign in and I ended up waiting for 5 minutes until the girl who was on duty came back.

The location is idea for the airport, city and motorway networks. Wonderful gym, pool, saunas and exercise studio which I had to myself in the evening and morning. Good size room and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

One of the best hotels I've ever been, great location, wonderful view, good food, I love the bed is very comfortable and the stuff , they are smiling, willing to help you.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The size of the property is huge, it takes you around 5-7 minutes just to arrive to the front desk and lobby. Room 255 is not recommended to stay in if you are on a business trip and have no time to waste.

Great for business trips, quick and good service. Variety of restaurants at the property. Good spa, clean pool and a comfortable gym. Big parking lot.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room service was not good They forget the master card key in our room after they clean the room ; which can be used by any one to open the rooms ?! There was no refill for the coffe and the tea and the water .we called them twice they responsed after 1 hour . We were waiting ?!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A late checkout was not available this time, but understandable as they were very busy so not a problem at all.

This Hotel has it all, great food, great staff, great facilities, great location. Looking forward to returning again soon.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is far from the city and every transport costs almost 40 EUR for family . Two ways means EUR 80 .

Everything excellent . Perfect service , perfect food , perfect rooms .

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sundeck needed more lounges. Didn't find much to do there. Needed to go to city or town nearby. We walked to town but it was a ways for a less fit person.

Wonderful hotel. Very comfy bed. Great indoor pool. Amazing sauna area with multiple saunas with different temps. "Quiet rooms" were very relaxing. Staff were super friendly especially the concierge. Forest trails nearby for walking.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They overcharge my bill by 20 Euro as an apparent mistake last day but the front desk insist it right. Why isn't such small error they failed to admit? Most staff are fresh and newly recruited from other hotels but experienced.

View and facility and Restaraunt on the backyard frankfurt cuisine is great one. The Asian cuisine is overly charged and rated as top misleading most clients. The chef even failed to appear and say hi after our six people dinner at so call one star M Restaraunt ?

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception staff ask me to pay 50€ for 2 hour's early check in and the same thing happened when checking out

Location Size of the room Parking 10€ per night Facilities Breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Asked for an early check in, got it but had to pay about 1/3 the daily room rate. This time the front desk seems to have had newer folks, so didn't have the expertise / knowledge of the ones I'm used to at this hotel. Didn't seem to know the area around the hotel for suggestions. While they pick up and drop off at the airport, it was a bit slow and took a while. Also they need to have more frequent trips to drop folks at the airport. Once an hour is not enough. Need at least once every 30 mins.

Hotel is a great one and staff is excellent both the driver of the shuttle and bellmen were great. Notwithstanding everything, this is a wonderful hotel. Convenient, relaxing and very accessible. The staff always makes the effort.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect at this location - facilities, staff, atmosphere. Definitely a place to come over and over again.

Was amazing unreal experience

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Long ways to get to the room

👍

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel and very nice staff to deal with and especially thank Mr. Hashim.

Breakfast Exterior swimming pool Sauna

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The checking out and the restaurant. Very poor value for money. A true rip-off!

The bar was ok

Everything was perfect!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn't like it...I LOVED IT !!!!!

The spa, food, friendly staff, comfort, location, appearance, atmosphere.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A long walk fro my room to facilities

Spa was excellent

• Superior Double or Twin Room

it looks nothing like Kempinski Hotels Chain.

the bed

Decoration

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The facilities was amazing and the grounds around where as well

• Superior Double or Twin Room

reception , wanted to shorten my stay for a day, they said i must pay internet is very slow , that´s why mainly I decided to leave a day earlier

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very remote location of room. Ongoing construction

Gym and sauna was good

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lovely spa, gorgeous lobby with world class bar design. I loved the design all over the hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

large rooms, great location great spa great restaurants great staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Far of the city and need car

Very quit

• Junior Suite Deluxe

tuff in timing of checking in and out

quite

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The carpet in the corridor was a bit old

The very nice staff, the location, the facilities

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The comfort and the cleanliness. Also very nice breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The Lebanese restaurant is overpriced and the food was average.

Great all around

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Internet. It is slow and don' t cover hole property.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The guy smoked next door - polluted my air...

It was great...

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very rich breakfast! The bed is comfortable but the pillows were too soft!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the use of the spa and great all round facilities

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff took the best care of us, very sweet and friendly.

my favorite hotel when I go to Frankfort

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Perhaps consider breakfast include in the rate. a bit expensive for what it is.

Peaceful relaxing environment.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel, great service, comfy beds, fantastic breakfast! I also really enjoyed the casual German restaurant on the premises.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Charging for parking seems a bit unnecessary for a 5 star

Nice restaurants, great spa area

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Hotel Rooms, Environment and Spa

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Spa is Excellent! Hospitable staff...

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Long way to lobby and spa,

Staff, spa favilities open air pool, quality of food

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Top Location..Top Service!!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Pool

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Special thanks to Maria from reception.

Browse Kempinski Hotel Frankfurt Gravenbruch traveller photo gallery