Reviews of DORMERO Hotel Halle This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Leipziger Str. 76/ Franckestr. 1, 06108 Halle an der Saale, Germany

#4 of 17 hotels in Halle an der Saale

• Comfort Double Room

The room was too hot without any possibility to cool down the temperature as the ventilation did not work. No international TV, the fridge did not work properly and the staff was not overly concerned about it. When asking for an extension of our stay due to changes of our itinery, we seemed to have asked in an stressful moment for the staff as we were told we cannot book another room directly at the reception but have to call the central service in Berlin. Once we have called them, they told us we need to make the booking at the reception. Overall, they seemed to be understaffed a bit. No parking available. Cars can be parked in the public carpark next to the hotel but that costs up to 16 Eur per day.

Excellent breakfast.

• Comfort Double Room

Absolutely everything. It's the second time I stay there and again I love it. The bed is so comfortable that it is unbelievable. Will definitely chose this hotel for my stay every time.

No complaints.

Bed was comfortable. Having the option of a second pillow would be good. Free drinks in the mini bar was a very pleasant surprise. Overall a nice and comfortable hotel. My daughter really like the fish tank.

• Suite

We were told that the cleaners leave at 12am, so our room was not cleaned during our stay (we like to sleep-in). Friendly staff provided the necessary suplies. Bathroom fan ran continuously.

Comfortable bed, friendly staff, convenient location and parking.

Only two English language television programmes to watch. No English language newspapers to read. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room.

There was a good variety of food at breakfast. the bed was comfortable and the movie channel had a good choice of films.

I would of liked a kettle in the room to make a cup of tea or coffee. I free public transport ticket for the duration of my stay like the hotel TRYP by Wyndham give their guests would have been a great service to me.

The room was large as was the bathroom. The Video on demand with English language films was excellent. The Free drinks in the fridge a nice bonus.

Aged 5 star hotel. Nothing fits together. Unprofessional stuff telling me at the check in "I need your passport" than not even looking on it. After I asked she answered "I just need it to see if you gave us your true address"??? Super strange like I would lie. The outfit of the stuff fits better to a Zirkus than a Hotel with this appearance. Beside I don't get there PR agency trying to be funny. For example "safe our money by using a towel again" or "stay fancy" on the room key...

not so clean, very expensive breakfast. The furniture needs updating, however the bed was quite comfortable.

close to the train station and city high street

The beds. Are awesome. The rooms are lovely. I come here to escape. It's not far from my home, but it's a perfect getaway, especially if I can only manage one night away from work.

• Comfort Double Room

Not possible to make your own coffe in the room. The minibar did not contain any alcoholic beverages or snacks.

Nice hotel at a competative price in a good location in the city and in a walking distance from Hbf, approx. 10 minutes. Friendly staff. Free Beverages in the minibar (non alcoholic), free video on demand in English on TV, free wifi, comfortable bed and armchairs, good aircondition. Extra kit in the bathroom with condoms, toothbrush, etc. The spacious room had a very soft floor, nice to walk on. Safe deposit box in the room, but rather small. The room concurred with the picture. Breakfast was not included but was worth to pay extra for. No charge for roomservice, though i didn´t use it.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Suite

The housekeeping staff is excellent and friendly. Part of our stay was over Pfinsgten weekend during which the regular housekeepers for the most part disappeared for three days. The substitute team was extremely erratic in its performance. One night I spread out the duvet on my bed, which had been clean that morning, to discover stains on it that could have been chocolate or blood or something worse. I was puzzled. We left notes of mild complaint the next morning and later returned to a room that had been cleaned beyond cleanliness and beyond belief, it was so immaculate and fresh-feeling. So the problem was corrected but should it have been allowed to happen in the first place?

The R.R. is a first class establishment. I would agree with "Kay" who rated the decor in the public areas as somewhat tacky. But the staff is so pleasant and upstairs all is in order beautifully (though see my dislikes for one exception). The location is fabulous for everything that one might to do in Halle. The multiculturalism of the neighborhood is a plus, an example of different peoples living in Europe in harmony.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I paid the room on arrival to the clerk in cash,as was mentioned on the booking site as a possible way of payment. Next morning at check out I was asked to pay again the lady at reception did not register my payment.This is not acceptable whatsoever.

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The only concern was that there was no disabled access into the garden room for breakfast, and the steps up to the level were a challenge for my wife who has Multiple Sclerosis. It would have been useful to have tea making facilities in the room, but we knew that in Germany this is not a facility that is on offer.

This is possibly the best hotel in central Halle, but we have only stopped at the Dorint Charlottenhof and the Schwarzer Hof before. There are other hotels on the outskirts but as we like to be central to the town we would only use hotels within the shopping centre. The food in the Restaurant was excellent and very good value.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The goods of this hotel actually overshadow the bads. Complementary breakfast could have been a great add-on. 15-20 euro is too much everyday for breakfast. Though, you can get a better deal just a couple of blocks away at the end of the street.

When I travel to an un-familier city, I try to make my base at a comfortable, clean and easily approachable hotel; so that I could be free to worry about my main agenda. This hotel was a perfect base for me. Maybe the best I have been to in recent years. The staff were so co-operative in helping you out in anything you want. The best thing about this hotel is its location. You can cover almost everything by walk. Take right, the bus station, train station, tram station take 2-3 minutes. Take left, the market place, restaurants, church, castle take 5-10 minutes. You can even walk to the city center. All necessary stuff is available in the street as well. Travelling with family, no problem. Noise free, safe, clean, free minibar that they replenish everyday, flawless free WiFi, delicious food. I stayed for a week in a first floor room facing main street. At first I was a bit concerned about the possible noise, cold; But actually, its quiet, heating in room was excellent, windows are well isolated for your comfort. Lots of light in day time, quiet in night.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Free minibar. A bath rather than just a shower. Rooms and public areas very tastefully appointed. Nice outside terrace for breakfast. Extensive breakfast menu

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Suite

Strange that such a beautiful hotel has such a cheap looking entry (cheap-looking floor material). But upstairs all is "luxe, came et volupté". The layout of the restaurant seemed clumsy and in the month of June hot to me. Breakfast is expensive. One is better off going down the street to the Backhaus for a nice roll and coffee in the company of local garbage workers.

This is a first class luxury hotel. Our room on the top floor was spacious though regrettably hot since (like most or maybe even all hotels in commendably eco-conscious Germany) there is no a-c. All possible comforts had been provided. There was an adequate fitness center in the basement. The neighborhood is full of immigrants and multi-racial. Vibrant and interesting. A trip to the super market at the top of the hill and/or a walk over to the Bahnhof is worth the effort--to pick up the vibes.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

Confusion about how to instruct the cleaner to clean the room. Only label was not to clean room. Terrible fuss when we asked for an extra pillow

Size of room, furniture and view

The WiFi service is poor; I could not connect either iPhone or iPad.

Designed for a comfortable stay.

• Comfort Double Room

For the Same days I paid 50€ more than the other people that joined the meeting we had and were accommodated in Dormero hotel

Breakfast and kind staff

The rolls were great.

Be careful to follow the correct address. Main entrance address of the hotel is not the same as the parking.

• Deluxe Double Room

The very unpleasant staff; they should get some training

The restaurant next door

Day time Staff was unfriendly without a smile and parking lot was hard to reach and not free

breakfast was fantastic and large TV

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Loved everything!

It was so unique. Beautifullu decorated, with so many nice, friendly and humerous little touchea

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Suite

The bed mattress was uncomfortable.

Hotel aquarium

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Suite

Staff bad at english. Sound insulation towards other room very bad.

Cosy rooms. A 5-10 minute walk to "the Markt".

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

we could be very happy if a coffee kettle was provided in the room

We liked the elegant night atmosphare at the salon bar and the confort of our room

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Only one lift and not convenient when the hotel is busy.

Clean and wide room, confotable bed.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Despite a free mini-bar, it would have been nice to have complementary tea/coffee facilities.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

There was nothing to not like

Always friendly and efficient staff

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Old fashioned

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

No kettle in the room for tea or coffee

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Old style keys and locks.

Location was convenient. Nice sized room, quiet. Old style hotel, but being renovated. Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

Gym is very basic Parking is very expensive (12euro a night)

Great location in city center Price was quite alright Nice room with good view on the main street Free minibar :)

• Reviewed: 24 January 2016

everything was fine though one has to be aware of the somewhat oldfashioned sense of Humor: rooms are filled with insinuating stickers but you get a condom for free

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Scrambled Egg was cold at 10am and only replaced approx. 10.45 , 15 mins before B/fast finished

Location 10 mins walk to Market Sq Bedrooms excellent Fish tank in lobby amazing

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

We hated this place. The staff were the least friendly I've ever experienced in a hotel. We booked a suite room. They put us (a family with 2 small children) in a smoking room (!) The stench was awful, my 1 year old son coughed all night on the first night. They didn't seem to care at all but also couldn't do anything about the smell, so very reluctantly agreed to move us to a different (significantly smaller single room) for the next 2 days and gave us about 10% off our bill for a room that was over 50% smaller. There was no apology at all. At breakfast, they were very overcrowded, and weirdly put us on a 4 person table that already had one man sitting there. This wasn't a cheap breakfast - it was €27 a head. The guy who was there already looked really annoyed that we'd been added to his table (understandably!) and left. On top of that, all the gym and spa facilities were broken or out of order. I have no idea how they have an average rating of 8.6. I can only assume that most people who stay in this hotel are heavy smokers who don't use any of their facilities, and don't like breakfast.

The location was good. They gave 6 free drinks every day with each room. Slightly unnecessary, but quite nice to have. The fish tank downstairs was very nice and very well looked after given the state of everything else.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Wellness center wasn't working. Both spa's were broken as were the two saunas. Strong smell of cigarette smoke Staff didn't seem to be bothered if the guests were happy or not. €27 for breakfast is just excessive.

Large rooms & comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

We got a smoking room, even our reservation was for non smoking room. We also could't got a room with one large bed. Night noise from the street bar in the neighborhood was also disturbing. By the time of the reservation we asked for highest possible floor. We were accommodate on the 1.st floor. The information about parking house is missing on this hotel web site. There is a parking house, connected with direct entrance to the hotel reception with many reserved parking lots for hotel guests. I'm not sure, but the cost was 12 or 14 eur for overnight parking.

The hotel was clean. The food in the hotel restaurant was great. Breakfast was rich in food selection and the staff was very careful. The main entrance is towards pedestrians area, walking distance to the main square.a

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

If you arrive by car, you can use the fee-paying multistorey carpark next door, accessible at the back. If you park in the street, it is an orienteering odysee to the hotel door on pedestrian Leipziger Str. A colour-consistent signage system from the back of the building to the front door would be useful.

They crammed all the comforts a traveler of the upper middle class may wish for into the rooms of this restored building, a 5-minute stroll from Halle centre. There was even a much-needed free bottle of beer in the fridge!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

we came in the summer with a 1 year old child. It was a hot season and we had a room with brokeb air conditioner.. It was like sleeping in the sauna. We found out that the central AC is not working for years.. But we were allowed to switch after 2 nights to a room with a seperated AC ... So be careful when u travel at summer

A very nice bouzique hotel with a great location... Very quite and clean.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

Some reception staff not very nice. When I booked out member was on the phone the whole time she was booking me out. Breakfast was not a good experience at all.

Lovely spacious room. Clean and well maintained. Loved the quirky little notices hung around the room, made me and my friends laugh !! comfortable bed and lovely bathroom

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

The price of the breakfast but there's a very good cheap bakery right down the street

The staff's helpfulness, the beauty and the comfort of our room.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Because of the free and excellent WiFi. I was able to use Face Time and see and speak to my husband in Toowoomba Australia each morning which was very special!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

It took some time on first day to get aircon working. Many of messages on items in rooms suggested it was aiming at a younger clientele, getting drunk etc.

With 2 exceptions pleasant helpful staff. Comfortable bed. Room a little cramped.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

The carpets need to be cleaned

Staff is very friendly. Comfortable room with lots of little extras

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

The free minibar was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

Everything, including the free drinks in the room

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Nice big room, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 January 2016

Very nice staff. Also great rooms

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Price fair was not fixed.

Wonderful Location to the train station and market place. Internet was great.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

The location was great.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

could not log on to free wifi

old Victorian style..superb decor...Rooms massive. room217 perfect

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

No included breakfast

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, location is great

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Had to ask 3 times for coffee at breakfast

Atmosphere of the hotel, large rooms and corridors

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

location, location, location

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

Rude staff at reception. Tacky decor in public areas.

Room was attractive although rather small. Liked 2 basins in bathroom.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2015

Nothing to complain

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Very good hotel

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse DORMERO Hotel Halle traveller photo gallery