2. Germany hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Klenkes am Bahnhof

Reviews of Hotel Klenkes am Bahnhof

Lagerhausstrasse 5, Aachen Mitte, 52064 Aachen, Germany

#9 of 43 hotels in Aachen

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

Very comfortable bed, spacious room and bathroom.

Very comfortable bed, spacious room and bathroom. Staff really kind and friendly. Location perfect near the staton and 10 min walking from the city center. Very recommended.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2019

Great position: 100m from Aachen hbf and 10 mins walk to the...

Great position: 100m from Aachen hbf and 10 mins walk to the city center. The staff is very friendly and quickly replied to my emails (my flight was delayed so I had to check-in later). Plus, the breakfast was delicious. Recommended.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2019

The hotel's convenient location near the railway station...
    • Double with Shared Bathroom

It would have been nice to have a picture on the wall in the room, to make it less impersonal. The staircase to the 3rd floor is quite narrow, I would not recommend it to guests with large items of luggage.

The hotel's convenient location near the railway station, particularly if arriving in the evening. The clean and neutrally decorated room. The bathroom has clearly been newly refurbished, and paradoxically, has the nicest view out of its small window-:) If you ask, you'll be provided with a kettle and a very nice cup.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Convenient location, friendly staff
    • Apartment

We had a slight mix-up with the rooms. The larger two-bed room we booked had been given away to another guest, and only a single-bed room was available. The staff was very accommodating and offered us either a full refund of the difference or a partial refund of the difference and added breakfast (the option we took since we hadn't booked the breakfast initially and the difference in the refund amounts meant that we were getting a reduced cost on the breakfast), so it all worked out. Could have been a problem, though, if I'd been traveling with a different person. Not a negative as far as we were concerned, but just fair warning: The rooms are only reachable by a fairly steep staircase. Could be an issue for people with knee or hip problems.

Friendly staff. Location is very convenient to the train station (just over one block away) and is a short 10- to 15-minute walk to the city center. Good breakfast. Clean and comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

Definitely worth the price and a perfect base for a city trip to Aachen.

Due to the Christmas closure of the hotel we couldn't leave our luggage after checking out. Fortunately the Aachen Hbf is nearby and they had a lot of luggage lockers available.

Location near Aachen Hbf is a definite plus and the Aachen centre is only a 15 min walk away. Clear and comfy room with a nice and very clean bathroom. Breakfast, although basic, was very good!

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

The sleeping area was spacious.
    • Apartment

The internet was slow and not very stable, having to switch between the 2 wifi options they had. Our kitchen/entrance light fused on our first night and we reported it the next morning- it was however not fixed that day and this resulted in a very dark kitchen area making food preparation a challenge. The light was repaired the following day.

The sleeping area was spacious. And the beds comfortable. The hotel provides very easy access to the train station and there is a bus stop close by.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

The reception staff where super friendly and very helpful in...

There was limited amenities in the room. Small things like a kettle and fridge would have made our stay a lot more comfortable. Even though I had the privacy sign on the door, housekeeping still entered the room whilst I was asleep and I had to get into an argument to get her to leave which is very awkward when you're in bed naked.

The reception staff where super friendly and very helpful in that they let me use the kitchen to store my dogs food and prepare it every day. Everywhere in the hotel was spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Excellent location, good breakfast and comfortable room.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The location is excellent - just five minutes from the main station and a short walk to the cathedral. Breakfast was delicious and filling. The room was very clean and very well appointed. The staff were friendly and obliging.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Lovely Hotel in a facinating city

Lovely room with a very high tech bathroom so even though I was on the side with a main road the windows were so efficient I heard nothing. Staff very very informative and helpful. I was given information and a map of Aachen on arrival and breakfast was nice, my preferences having been noted when I arrived.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

In overall it was nice and I do recommend.
    • Double with Shared Bathroom

The stairs which are leading to the room are too steep and seem dangerous, especially if you were or were travelling with an old person. In the room it was a bit cold.

I liked the bed and the interior. The location is the best asset, if you're travelling and have to go with the train early in the morning then its impossible to find a better place. Mr Receptionist was super nice and friendly!

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

This was our second stay at this Hotel.
    • Double with Shared Bathroom

This was our second stay at this Hotel. We are very pleased and have plans to visit again. The room was very clean the breakfast delicious. The hostess was friendly and also very efficient !,

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Cute and reasonable hotel during Belgium GP weekend
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No elevator equipped, so if you have big baggage, a bit tough work required. No WiFi connection in my room, I could connect at the lobby but too weak in the room.

3min walk from Hbf, minimart at Hbf, some bars/restaurants nearby the station, 10min walk to the Mitte of Aachen. I recommend Chinese/Vietnamese/Thai Food quick restaurant at the back of bus stop, the taste is very original & good in value to take out(they call "To Go") the dinner. Owner is very friendly and helping the guest, and facility is perfectly clean. I stayed in the room with shared bathroom and it was in front of my room(just 3 rooms on the same floor), so no problem was there. My room was top floor so sealing is slanting, but size of room is enough, you would never feel pressure. I stayed for Belgium F1 GP at Spa Francolchamps, it takes 30min by train to Vervies, then change to public bus to circuit costs 3.5Euro, you can continue the train to SPA station, but finally take the same bus from Vervies. From Fri-Sun, direct shuttle bus was operated, 10Euro for 3days. Also free shuttle bus from Aachen Hbf was available only on Sunday, so please check the website of Belgium F1 "Access".

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Nice, warm, affordable room. Good location
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

1.The lady at the front desk is absent from 10pm to 7 am ,and sometimes absent during the check-out hours. She is not contactable without german phone number, so you should make sure of your lugguages in the lobby doesn't locked because of her absence. 2. They have hairdrier, shampoo, and hand wash in the room, but no hair moisturizer or toothpaste.

Really good price, warm service. Nicely cleaned room. Hot water 24/7 hours, broad and shared (but lockable) bathroom.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Convenient for train station.

Having to say exactly what time we would like breakfast. The narrow staircase up to the room (NO LIFT). Limited choice for breakfast.

Convenient for the station. Helpful receptionist who carried a suitcase up to our room.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Good mattress, location near train station.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Flaky WiFi connection from room (top floor), narrow stairs (was fine with a backpack, but wouldn’t want to carry a suitcase up).

Good mattress, location near train station.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

The Hotel the People the City all very welcoming an charming
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

a kettle would be great when rain stops play

had a great time. bus stop and train station just up the road I welcomed having a bath in a proper long bath after a long day discovering the city. staff were top and could not help you enough.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Recommended stay near the train station

Maybe the steps would be troublesome for some people.

Very clean, comfortable, and convenient to the train station. The staff is just fabulous - so kind and extremely helpful!

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

a place to sleep in! not more
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

1. I had a room on the 3rd floor. they have two wifi networks. one is 5G which is faster and the other is 3G. The 5G wifi is not to be found by searching. and the other one 3G wifi was weak. I used most of the time my mobile phone internet instead. 2: The Mattress was not comfortable. it has not regular surface. there is a shallow longitudinal deepness from the top (head place) to the bottom (feet place) 3. The check-out was so humiliated. The man at the reception was rude to me. I asked him for an invoice, and then he started being rude! like, how come you did not have it? are you sure that you do not have?! let me check, why you do not have it??? as I am a liar! minutes later, he gave me the invoice. and said: two invoices for the tax refund is a problem!!! that was an accusation of a deception! I just ignored him and then I asked him for an envelope to save the invoice in. He claimed that they (a hotel) does not have an envelope at all, in all sizes!!!

1. The check-in was smooth and the communication before my arrival with the woman who was there waiting for me to give me the keys, was nice and flexible. 2. I had a sharing WC room. and it was always really clean. maybe I had just the luck to have clean people, sharing me the WC. 3. also, what I really liked about this family hotel. They have a good description of their room on the 3rd floor. I mean, they wrote that a huge bag will be a problem to bring it to the 3rd floor. also, no elevator. and some other stuff. so, I was not surprised, when I arrived. which is happening a lot with other hotels.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Nice and clean room, good breakfast

Person at the reception was unfriendly. Although we announced before we would check in between 8pm and 9pm, we received at 8.15 pm a call that we had to be there at last at 8.45pm otherwise the reception would be closed. So we had to hurry. In reality she closed reception at 9.30pm.

Nice and clean room, good breakfast

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

A value stay near Aachen Hauptbahnhof
    • Apartment

The toilet is small and cramp.

The location is excellent as it is just 3 min walk to hauptbahnhof. There are constant hot water for shower and the beds are very comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

A nice little hotel that is a great value.
    • Apartment

No elevator. But this is a small hotel, only 8 rooms, so it is understandable.

Located 1 block from train station. A very nice and reasonably priced breakfast. Very friendly people.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Comfortable but small

The very long flights of stairs were difficult after a long day of walking. Luggage could be a problem but as I was traveling very lightly it was okay. Shower opening was about 12" wide so could be a problem for a large person.

It was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The shower had good water pressure. The room was tiny but fine. The front desk lady was very pleasant and helpful. It is very close to the train station.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

An excellent spot for a one-night stand in Aachen.

Room was a little on the small side with the chair positioned underneath the TV, there being no room for it anywhere else.

An excellent place for a one-night stopover - just down from the main station so good for an early departure. Pleasant service and you got the feeling they were taking care over basics - cleanliness, arrangements for dropping the key in and so on.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Enjoyable. If I went to Aachen again I would certainly consider staying at the hotel.

The stairs to the room was quite steep but that is not so unusual.

Staff very pleasant, helpful and thoughtful. Breakfast was very good value.The room /bathroom very clean and good sized.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Very good
    • Apartment

The booking confirmation process was complicated because the staff couldn't process any of my cards, had to contact Booking.com to resolve. Everything else was fine.

The room was spacious and the beds quite good. Nice street view. Small but comfortable bathroom. The kitchenette was equipped quite enough. The hotel is just near to the railway station and within walking distance to the center of the city. Nice friendly staff.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Staff are nice and helpful, location is perfect, only 200...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My own fault, when I booked, I didn't see very clear, the rooms on the top floor doesn't have private toilet and bathroom which is not convenient. And the wall is too thin to block voice.

Staff are nice and helpful, location is perfect, only 200 meters from train station.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Fine...nothing special.

No hotel-owned parking so Had to park on the street. TV didn't work.

Very convenient for train travellers. About a 10 minute walk to city center. Helpful and friendly staff. Good WiFi.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

fine short stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Took a long time before personnel arrived in the lobby after my arrival.

Very friendly personnel at breakfast, good wifi connection even at the highest floor, very little noise from the street

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Excellent location, only 3-4 min.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing particularly negative; but the individual bed felt very small. If you travel with heavy luggage you better make sure you are on the first floor, as there is no elevator (and the hallway is a bit tight).

Excellent location, only 3-4 min. walking distance from Aachen Hbf.; around 15 min. walk to the center. Staff was friendly; the bed was very small but comfortable. I booked a room with shared bathroom, and the bathroom/shower was at all times clean.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Delightful
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I actually have no complaints. This place was amazing

The room was extremely clean, the shared bathroom was as well. The room was small, but well equipped and decorated.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Nice family-run style hotel in Aachen

As other reviewers have said, if you can't do stairs then this is not the place for you.

Pleasant little family-style hotel very handy to the train station and a ten minute walk from town centre. Friendly staff and nice and clean, my single room was small but had all I needed. And the breakfast was ample despite other reviewers opinions! Recommend this as a good budget option in Aachen.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Super nice owner!
    • Apartment

Unfortunately not suitable for handicapped , elderly or people with luggage due to massively long and steep narrow staircase . No parking or unloading options at the hotel.

Super nice owner! Nice and spacious apartment

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

It was a no-nonsense stay and suited my purpose perfectly.

Breakfast at 6.50 euro might have included an egg; but the rest was fine.

Convenient and value for money. The propriotress was particularly helpful and even gave me a map to help me find my way south to the autobahn. Beer was good value at 2.70 euro too.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

perfect!
    • Double with Shared Bathroom

maybe not ideal for elderly etc, there is no elevator, because the building is historic.

very clean, small, yet recently refurbished and well equipped hotel. Family style. in excellent condition, friendly staff, and right at the main train station!

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Perfect place - we will be back!
    • Apartment

Perfect place - we will be back! Perfect location, nice to have an apartment and being able to cook a little on our own. We really enjoyed our stay - and it was nice in the evening to see the busses passing to and from Vaals in the Netherlands... really wonderful! And the staff was wonderful :-) Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

The hotel is very well located, close to the city's...
    • Apartment

The hotel is very well located, close to the city's attraction and public transport (central station and many busses). The room was clean, large and confortable, while the (optional) breakfast was good and rich. The hosts were very kind and help us much to solve a problem with our car. Great people, great location!

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Unimpressed.
    • Double with Shared Bathroom

The room was in an attic up three very steep and narrow flights of stairs. Whilst the website said there was nearby public parking (true), what it didn't say was you had to return every two hours to feed the meter! I found the owner(?) somewhat brusque - re the parking, he just kept saying ' this is Germany, not the UK'.

The bed was very comfortable. Everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Good value

Steps up to room were very steep. Okay for us, but probably not good for older people and small children. Location near street was noisy and hard to ignore since the window needed to be open due to no air conditioning.

Room was nice and roomy, and bathroom was a decent design

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Good simple place to stay, particularly if you travel by train
    • Double with Shared Bathroom

55 Euro for a shared bathroom and no breakfast, to me, is on the higher side. (in an old building without lift - although one might well argue that it has a wonderful flair to it, which a lift would do no good. Bathroom was all new and renovated, I appreciate).

Friendly, room has a good size, although under roof. It is very close to the main train station, with all the busses, but also walkable (10-12 min) distance to city centre.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2017

expensive hotel

- poor internet connection - steep stairs - reception closes at 8pm - the staff in the reception speak poor English, each time I had to guess what he was saying - value for money is not convincing - I had an extra large bed, but I don't know why they put a single blanket. I paid for that room! - my room was not the same as the pictures.

- Clean - Quiet - Close to the main train station - Good breakfast for 6.5 euro

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Surprisingly nice

The narrow, steep staircase (no elevator) may be a challenge for the elderly or for people with heavy luggage.

Room was surprisingly nice (clean, spacious, modern). The ceiling fan was especially welcome in hot weather. As was the good breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

As a train traveler it is well located for the access to the...

As a train traveler it is well located for the access to the station and the old town is only 10 minutes walk. We received a friendly welcome at the hotel. The facilities were good. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is reasonably priced and value for money.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Great Location Near the Train Station
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Klenkes am Bahnhof. Its location near the central train station is Aachen was very convenient. Staff speaks English and was very helpful. Nice continental breakfast for a modest additional fee. Also near a major street which makes walking downtown to the tourist attractions very easy. I stopped in early before check-in time, and they gave me a map.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2019

Good for families, great location.

Great location. Nice staff. Room quite clean.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: May 16, 2019

Clean and big apartment for the price
    • Apartment

Walking up the stairs to the room

Clean and big apartment for the price

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very small and wc / dushe outside in the room

• Reviewed: April 16, 2019

Great!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Narrow staircase and getting to the third floor with suitcases became complicated

Comfort of the room and the shared bathroom was always clean.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel.

there is a bit too much meat for breakfast. I hope there are more fresh fruits. Otherwise, it is excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

Cline room and nice Staff

The staircase

Cline room and nice Staff

• Reviewed: March 15, 2019

Great breakfast, and the bed was really comfortable, a good...

There is nothing wrong with having to walk up 3 floors

Great breakfast, and the bed was really comfortable, a good nights sleep

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

The room was cold.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was cold. The person in the room next to me had a loud and aggressive barking dog.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2019

Great location, easy to find and access the historic areas of the city as well as many restaurants.
    • Apartment

Very centrally located to the Train Station and the Cathedral and shopping areas. Great for Exploring, and comfortable. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

Only 3 minutes from the trainstation.

Only 3 minutes from the trainstation. Nice, new room. Perfectly clean. Friendly staff. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

Lovely stay!

The room was well decorated, clean and cozy; the bed was very comfortable! The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Close to Christmas markets and the Dom.

Lack of fridge and even a basic kettle; sheets a bit worn

Close to Christmas markets and the Dom. Clean room, nice bed

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

It was quiet in my room

The shower cabine

It was quiet in my room

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Stairs quite narrow.

Stairs quite narrow. A Little bit pricey.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

It’s located near the central train station.

My room was tiny.

It’s located near the central train station. The room is clean and functional. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Excellent place well located and with excellent cost benefit

Wifi speed could be higher but not nothing but that

Excellent staff very welcoming

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Cosy and very clean room.

Many stairs... But there's information about no lift

Cosy and very clean room. Excellent located hotel, low price

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

wonderful trip and Narrow stairs

Narrow stairs, It is very difficuty to take large luggage up room

location close to railway station

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Overall very good. Certainly would go again.

The stairs.

The breakfast was excellent. Wifi was useful.I would go again.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Fine for a night...

It's a basic hotel in a handy location especially if you want to be near Aachen Hbf.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Professional service, clean room, ideal for families,

Professional service, clean room, ideal for families,

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

The steep stairs

The steep stairs

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Really nice rooms

You need to walk a lot of stairs to get to the room ( they do not have an elevator)

Really nice rooms

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Location, Staff

Location, Staff

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Short and Simple

Cosy room could have been slightly bigger P

The manager was super friendly!

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Poor quality.

It is a very basic hotel. No elevator and a lot of stairs to climb with heavy luggage.

The bed was ok. The hotel is close to the main train station.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

good place for business trip

Stair to go to the room

Big & confortable bed Very clean

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

I liked this place, the staff, the location and cleanliness.
    • Apartment

I liked this place, the staff, the location and cleanliness.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

there are no lifts, you are given room in 2nd or 3rd floor...
    • Double with Shared Bathroom

there are no lifts, you are given room in 2nd or 3rd floor and if you have heavy luggage you are doomed. the stairs are very narrow and high !

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

good atmosphere

A little poor internet reception in the room, but it worked

Personal and clean

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

The price is very attractive.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The price is very attractive.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018