Reviews of Königsteiner Hof 3 stars

Marktplatz 10, 92281 Königstein in der Oberpfalz, Germany

• Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like that the room was quite dated. It felt like being transported in a time capsule to the early 1980’. The interior of the room was orange, the bathroom brownish-orange with shiny brown-orange tiles. The bathroom had poor lighting and it felt dark inside.

The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. I liked the little bags of “welcome gummy bears” on the pillow. I liked that we had a little balcony. The staff was very nice and courteous. Parking was easy behind the hotel. Breakfast was tasty.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Sadly, there were a couple! On our first night, we thought we might try having a dinner within the hotel. After a wander around the village, we discovered that we were locked out from the main door and therefore assumed that food was not being served and went elsewhere to be fed. Upon checking in, we had been told that our bedroom keys would open the back door and had not felt able or welcome to try and enter the dining room from that door as the door to the restaurant was shut and not terribly welcoming. A problem that this hotel cannot prevent is the noise each morning that disturbed sleep by the constant "rumble" on the cobbles of cars, trucks, tractors and other vehicles during "rush hour" between 05:00 and 06:00 each morning. My mother accidentally mistook it as noisy aircraft. Finally, as we stayed at this hotel at the end of August, I was surprised to see that the main dining room had chairs placed upside down on tables for a number of days before being placed on the floor again. A bit disconcerting!

We stayed four nights at this hotel. We found the bedrooms to be very comfortable and spacious, including the benefit of a balcony, which overlooks the church and market place. Our rooms included a fridge which was very beneficial for keeping items. A plus for this hotel was the inclusion of a kettle, as well as the ingredients to make a cup of coffee or tea, which I have never experienced in a mainland European hotel before, so full marks here! The breakfasts were delicious and very filling. The hotel is in a very pretty village, which is a great and relaxing base for visiting sites and towns nearby.

• Business Single Room

The internet here worked really well.

• Business Double Room

Very friendly people, very good food. Definetely enjoyed my stay over there.

• Double or Twin Room

coffee in room not very good

Room & breakfast excellent

• Double or Twin Room

Room was a little dated but comfortable.

People were nice, great breakfast, excellent wifi.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff, comfortable and cozy room, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

l liked my double room and how spacious and comfortable it was.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

all good

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Towels could use a refresh. The furnishings are dated in their color (burnt umber), the bathroom tiles were 1950s avocado, but overall everything was extremely clean and the furniture itself was very modern and well suited to the room. Breakfast service was consistently inconsistent. I was offered eggs some days (to include the first day), then other days I was denied when I asked; they were "too busy". Sometimes I had a table set for me - for 1; other times I did not and wasn't sure if I was sitting in someone else's spot. After a few days, sometimes they brought me my Cappuccino without asking, then one time they brought me plain coffee. I couldn't figure out what was going on each day was different. I had the same server each morning.

Close to Vilseck, but not too close! If you are a rock climber or hiker you are in the right place. I stayed here for 2 weeks and the room was spacious enough to unpack and settle in. Plenty of storage for clothes etc. Beds were comfortable and sheets were good quality. $5 breakfast! Room could easily sleep 3 adults. Price was a great deal for an extended stay. Beer was good too.

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

The drinks making facilities were good, however during my stay the items that I had used previously were not replaced.

The staff were very helpful, and spoke good English. The food was good, and had just enough variety for a few days stay. My room was comfortable and clean. The Wifi was both fast and reliable. For my needs the hotel was great.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

We only had half of a roll of TP. Would have been better to have an extra in the bathroom.

Comfortable bed and second bed was perfect size for our 9 y/o child. Easy and quick check-in and out.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2016

The personel was really friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Helpful and friendly staff Good Bavarian cuisine (similar to Polish) Comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

Spotty wifi but expected

The staff was great! Everything was the best!

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.