Reviews of Hotel Kontorhaus This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Am Querkanal 1, 18439 Stralsund, Germany

#5 of 25 hotels in Stralsund

Apart from reception closing too early, this well-designed hotel is always a pleasure to stay in.
    • Standard Single Room

It is ridiculous for a hotel of this quality and price to refuse admission (and even to threaten cancellation) if one does not arrive before 8pm. I arrived in the nick of time, at 7.30pm, after travelling all day -- and it was clear that the man in reception would have preferred to have gone home. Although I said that I did not use lifts, and had a bad back, he did not offer to help me carry my luggage up two flights of stairs -- and said he could not change my room to a lower room -- yet the hotel was not fully booked.

I always enjoy the modern design within an old building.....the rooms are well-planned, and the housekeeping immaculate. The breakfast (not included in room rate) is also excellent, as are the female staff -- kind and helpful in every way.

Ozeaneum was just next door.
    • Standard Single Room

Ozeaneum was just next door. Historic city was within walking distance. The waterfront (Ostsee) and the yachts. Good hotel for single travelers. Staff friendly and helpful.

This is an excellent hotel and the staff are first class.
    • Standard Twin or Double Room

I can not think of one thing which I could complain about.

The hotel was in the perfect position for visiting the town. Lying on the harbor it was very quiet in the evening and perfect for a stroll before going to bed. The staff could not have been more helpful and the rooms were well laid out and always really clean. The breakfast was very good and you could ask for any type of egg you wanted. On a whole this is a hotel I would recommend to anyone and will definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Wonderful
    • Standard Single Room

There was a bit of street noise.

The room was nicely designed and carefully maintained. All the rooms are named after ships and the room looks a bit like a ship cabin with lots of wood. There was good water pressure in the shower and plenty of towels and space to spread out. The bedroom was equipped with a minibar and glassware and a place to sit. The bed was comfortable. There were large windows for light and air. The glass part was covered with blinds that lift up or down to allow for privacy without losing the sea breeze. The hotel is situated on the harbor next to the aquarium.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Beware! This Hotel Threatened To Charge Us double Our Agreed Price till Booking.com Put Things Right
    • Standard Twin or Double Room

We didn't like the rude, unkind staff member who checked us in - announcing we would be virtually charged double because he had no record of us cancelling one night. We didn't like the fact he was charmless and un-welcoming. We didn't like the fact that he refused to check what had gone wrong. We didn't like realising he had sent us to a 13 Euro car park instead of the promised 4 Euro a night one. We didn't like his rudeness. And we didn't like the fact the Hotel gave no Genius perks as promised. We didn't like having no shampoo or free bottled water in the room We did not like the fact that we had to waste holiday time getting good old Booking.com to sort things out for us. I would NOT recommend this hotel. But if you do stay make sure you speak German . I think the man might have been cross with us because we were English and sadly, speak no German. And if you must stay I'd buy breakfast somewhere else . It was edible but you'd get something nicer at a cafe in the town.

Sadly, our one night trip was spoiled from the moment we checked in - because of the rude and unpleasant man on reception. He told us Hotel Kontorous would charge us for a second night - even though we'd already cancelled with Booking.com. He was most unkind and unapologetic and REFUSED to check what had gone wrong. He seemed impatient and angry. We had to waste a lot of our cherished holiday time contacting Booking.com. Thankfully nice Daniella at booking.com put things right for us and it seems we will not be over charged as he had threatened. But no-one from Hotel K has the courtesy to apologise or tell us this. I did not find out that Booking.com had put things right till I arrived back in the UK. This man also cost us money by sending us to the wrong car park - which cost us 13 Euros - rather than the 4 promised by the hotel. His unkindness really spoiled our stay. That's the reason I've rated some of the things in the resort lower than they maybe deserved. I am sorry I booked this Hotel. But I'm very glad I booked it through Booking.com. Without them this hotel would happily have doubled our bill. Although other staff seemed fine this unsmiling made our stay horrible. He let us down, the hotel down and he also let Booking.com down. We still can't work out just why he was so beastly to us.

The port view was amazing
    • Standard Twin or Double Room

The room was a bit to warm

The port view was amazing

Clean and great location.
    • Standard Twin or Double Room

Staff wasn't very friendly.

Clean and great location.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Parking possible but for a charge and far away. Breakfast average for that price category.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room modern, clean and everything works.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

Excellent location but then the center of Stralsund is...

The price was relatively high and the room was relatively small but everything was fine and working

Excellent location but then the center of Stralsund is relatively small.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

Very nice staff pretty good breakfast, excellent location

Very nice staff pretty good breakfast, excellent location

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Kontorhaus traveller photo gallery