Reviews of Mercure Tagungs- & Landhotel Krefeld This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Elfrather Weg 5, 47802 Krefeld, Germany

#16 of 33 hotels in Krefeld

Sweltering room and poor staff
    • Privilege Double Room

Our room air conditioning did not work, and neither did it work in two other rooms, the occupants of which we asked. Some of the staff were rude or lazy - for example one lady receptionist kept me waiting for two minutes whilst she stood chatting to a friend in the office. She could. Pearly see me but could not be bothered to stop her conversation with her colleague. She then made me walk to her, because she was too lazy to move from the doorway and chat. Drink at the breakfast table was not delivered, the room was poorly serviced, and it became the norm to have to remind the staff of everything. Morning breakfast Room service did not materialise until we reminded them, and we had to get cups and glasses for the room. During the night, I was bitten several times by some bugs that I did not recognise, in the room, and I spoke with other people staying at the hotel who had had exactly the same issue. One lady had several plasters on her legs because of the bites, she informed me. So, indifferent, unpleasant staff, poorly serviced rooms and poorly maintained and cleaned rooms. We paid for coffee and tea that never arrived, newspapers that were never delivered. Needless to say that we will not be returning. For a hotel that seems to pride itself on being a venue for corporate team building and service delivery, the staff could well do with some significant training themselves. Truly awful.

disgusting from all angles!!

food was terrible. 18 of our party said the same. Very overpriced! Breakfast is almost €20 and some rooms booked by our party had no tea or coffee making facilities!! That's standard in any hotel!! I drove from England and was expected to pay to park at the hotel!! It's situated about 1/2 a mile from any alternative. We had no fresh towels in our room...hairs in the sink. We booked a room with a double bed and to our astonishment had two singles pushed together!! When the wedding guests (me included) arrived for our first night we were refused entry to the restaurant and had to eat around the bar as there was a meeting of approx 7 meant taking place in the restaurant big enough for 50+ You have conference rooms so use them.. The only good thing about the whole stay was getting out of there!! I've always turned my nose up at people who right reviews, as I'm sure many others may experience a completely different stay...but I can categorically say this is was something I saved and looked forward to. I'm gutted and angry!!

I wouldn't stay here again.

Room was quite warm and the AC didn't make it any cooler. The bar food wasn't great standard but it was very expensive and the bar staff weren't exactly welcoming. €19 for breakfast was extortionate.

Peaceful location near the lake

I'm not sure why there was a 5 euro parking charge: there didn't seem to be any pressure on space.

I was in Krefeld to watch the European Rowing Championships on the lake. The location of the hotel was perfect: an easy 20 minute walk or 5 minute drive from the lake, a very quiet location, and a short walk in the opposite direction for a café and a restaurant (we chose not to eat in the hotel). It was relatively easy to find: I picked up signs having left the A57. The hotel was light and airy, and very peaceful, and the staff were polite and helpful (and spoke excellent English!). I also loved the sun loungers on the lawn.

The service was excellent
    • Standard Single Room

The room was a bit warm

The service was excellent

Big room with balcony, free coffe, hot chocolate and tea.
    • Privilege Double Room

Big room with balcony, free coffe, hot chocolate and tea. Big bathroom, very nice design and warm atmosphere.

Not a resort, not a buzine
    • Standard Twin Room

Plenty of space but the hotel wanted to charge for parking.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Verry nice hotel and staf!
    • Standard Twin Room

Super staf! Great food in the Hotelrestaurant.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Not good!

4 stars hotels must have tooth brush and tooth paste in bad rooms!!! This hotel doesn't have. The walls are very thin so you hear the noise from every sides even sombody sneezes.. Also ventilation system doesn't work properly so I have to sleep with opened window. But it was more problematic in evening time because of smokers which were standing under my window. And finally at morning when I was already checked out I went to restraurant to drink a cup of coffee I found a waitress and ask her to bring me one...She looked at me and go away... After 15 minutes of waiting and small attempt to find her I left this strange place! By the way it' s not cheap!

Not good!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

Very quiet location.

Prices were high due to Prowein taking place at Messe Dusseldorf (but still in a reasonable limit compared to the service provided). The service at the restaurant was a bit slow

Very quiet location. Easy access to Messe Dusseldorf by car. The staff was really friendly. Underground secured car park that meant no defrosting in the morning

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

Registration was not correct.

Registration was not correct. Was charged for breakfast for five days but never had breakfast.cleaning person was poor and didn't replace cups and other key items in the room.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

The hotel was situated in an excellent location near a...

Dinner service was slow

The hotel was situated in an excellent location near a wonderful golf course. Service at dinner was a little slow.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2016

Instructions for accessing the underground car park.

Instructions for accessing the underground car park.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

great breakfast, and also great rooms, close to the Motorway...

great breakfast, and also great rooms, close to the Motorway, but also nice environment

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

Parking indoor and outdoor.

Price for a day little bit expensive.

Parking indoor and outdoor. Breakfast is very well. Minibar.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Great service, very clean, great restaurant, good wines at...

Great service, very clean, great restaurant, good wines at the bar.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

The bar was relaxing.

The room had no hotel info, no coffee machine, the sink plug was faulty.

The bar was relaxing.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

Free wifi and mini bar

No complaints

Free wifi and mini bar

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Nice environment, easy distance to Krefeld, rooms clean,...

Bedroom long way from reception.

Nice environment, easy distance to Krefeld, rooms clean, staff friendly.

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.