Reviews of Novum Hotel Kronprinz Berlin 4 stars

Kronprinzendamm 1, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10711 Berlin, Germany

#372 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The elevator needs patience. Some noise from the S-Bahn when the windows are open.

Beautiful building, and rooms on the fourth floor decorated in French provincial style. Very good breakfast. Close to the Ku'Damm and to public transport and a short walk away from restaurants offering a variety of cuisines.

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room a lot smaller than expected; the same for the bathroom. Pretty basic breakfast - the coffee machine was not working properly in one of the days and in general the coffee was bad quality. No refil for the fresh orange juice - only 1 mug at 7 am! If you were lucky to get a glass fine, if not, not...Also no refil for the bathroom consumables..

• Queen Room

Girl working at the front desk upon our arrival on May 24th daytime was not very friendly.

Despite a bit old fashioned, the room was nice and tidy. The guy working night shifts at reception was very nice and professional.

• Queen Room

The shower curtain was poor so water accumulated on the bathroom floor making it slippy and dangerous. Poor choice of tv channels. No tea/coffee making facilities. Littered and untidy outdoor frontage sealing area.

Comfortable bed, excellent breakfast, plenty of choice and good quality. Bedroom dated but very clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows where very uncomfortable

The hotel in perfect located at a side street of Kurfurstendamm. The room was very clean and the staff helpful. Free parking near the hotel

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room was nice and comfortable but in the picture it did make them look a tad larger than they really were we made it work anyway

Breakfast was yummy! Eveything was very nice and clean. And location was good!

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

There is no laundry service at the vicinity or contracted from other suppliers as an alternative. The staff was not also helpful in finding a solutions in this regards. As a business traveler it is very impotant for us to have clean and ironed shirts

The location is perfect .

• Economy Single Room

I was cheated by the Hotel Manager by charging me with twice with my credit card for same room, I was charged for Euro 109.26 for one day of stay, ( paid cash Euro 59 and charged again with Euro 50.26) without my authorization with the card details shared by me at the time of booking the hotel room. booking.com please check with these cheater hotel who have charged me twice. No one will share their card details, if there is a risk of being charged without authorization or information. Hotel staff says do whatever you can....

The Hotel is a cheater..

• Queen Room

There was no coffee in the room - we would have appreciated this (there was coffee from 4pm to 6pm in the foyer but we were rarely in the hotel at this time.

The location close to transport was fantastic; free local parking in the street meant we parked the car and used trains and buses all week.

• Queen Room

Room a bit small and as it was cold the radiator was off so had to get under the covers

Helpful staff and comfort limbering near the underground and a wonderful bakery Cafe was first class

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The horrible service of the hotel staff. I have travelled alot and I have never come across such rude and angry staff at a hotel. I did not feel like a guest at all and they were just not helpful at all. Especially the one gentleman who is during the morning/afternoon shift. I felt like checking out of the hotel after speaking with him due to his rudeness.

Nice location and cosy rooms

We liked everything

We have reserved a normal room and get an upgrade which was a nice surprise. We had three rooms better call them suites. Very well equipped and clean all of them. All of them very different in their style. Transportation is great nearby. On one sidestreet the parking is free all day was important to us since we came with a car. Breakfast is very good as well.

• Queen Room

For a 4 star hotel don't expect facilities like tea and coffee in the room or a restaurant - aside from breakfast. The layout of our room was strange. It was quite a small room - that in itself is not a problem, however, the layout of the living area was such that one side of the bed was jammed up against one of the walls, while the bathroom was unnecessarily huge by comparison. It was almost as big as the main living area. The property trades under the moniker of being a boutique hotel - read the decor is old and tired. All the staff were quite surly and not very helpful - but they were not rude.

The location of the hotel is close to the train station and bus connections, and there are plenty of good quality restaurants and cafes in easy walking distance from the hotel. The breakfast (at 12.90 Euro per person) is comprehensive. There is also complementary tea and sherry in the lobby with a library, and a modern bar/lounge area.

• Economy Single Room

The room stinked with presumably some cleaning agent so much that it was uneasy to breathe. The bed was hard and the walls were so thin I woke up each morning at six to someone in the next room going to the shower. Also I shared the room with 3 spiders which I didn't mind, but someone else might...

Nice atmosphere. Great location close to S Bahn. Close to Tegel. The room was big and airy. Great breakfast.

• Economy Single Room

The TV is quite small and has no cable The staff are not that helpful compared to Kudamm 101 where my friends stayed

The view from the room is beautiful It is a few steps from my office They did not require a credit card for guarantee Free WiFi

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The cleanliness in the room could be better and also room needs to be renovated

I really loved the calm atmosphere at the reception, where I could sit with books and a cup of tea. And breakfast buffet is amazing!

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

Quite expensive for what was offered. No restaurant or bar late at night.

I had a double room, which was very convenient as I was staying with a friend.

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

As an optional extra for 15 euros, the breakfast spread is amazing. The staff were helpful and pleasant. We stayed there in a suite for a week and have no complaints.

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

apparent the third bed.is made from a sofa and it's too short, i am 1.63m tall and all my feet is.not on the bed at all

it's clean and room is big

• Queen Room

The room was fine. Furniture was not super modern, but comfortable bed and super clean and spacious room. The room was cleaned every day. The area is good, quite. Bus and S-bahn stations are in five minutes walking distance. I've got a room facing the S-bahn tracks (couldn't see it from the trees) and if I left the balcony door open I could hear the train. With closed door there were no issues with noise.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The free WiFi in the room worked well for the most part. Only one night did I have a problem connecting to the Internet. My room was on the side of the hotel closest to the S-bahn. I did not mind the sound of the frequent trains, but someone might. Two out of three of the young women working at the front desk were somewhat inattentive.

The Kronprinz is at a great location for the City Cube convention center (20 minutes walking or 15 minutes by S-bahn) and for Kurfurstendamm (2 minute walk), a street wth very good public transit access, many restaurants, cafes, and stores. The hotel lobby has been remodeled since I had previously stayed at this location. There is a nice patio for relaxing, having a drink, and chatting. The rooms are comfortable although a little dated. The bathroom facilities are modern and work well. Windows open for fresh air.

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

There were no air condition super hot room and there were no breakfast included. The lobby staff wasn`t nice . We could purchase breakfast for a insane cost of 15 euro P/P and as us with 3 children it would cost a fortune with Swedish current for 4 days . We asked if we could buy a sandwich to our children from breakfast and it was OK as long as we paid 15 Euro. Totally insane since children doesn't eat for 15 Euro . So we bought our own breakfast on the supermarket for a small amount of money Wouldn't recommend this hotel for family's with children. Long distance to walk if you don't use car or bus

The room had OK size. Good shopping

• Standard Double or Twin Room

After checking in we first realised that the main light in the room wasn't working and the phone line was dead so we had to come down all 4 floors to reception when we wanted to ask something. When I mentioned it to the woman at the desk she just shrugged which I found very inappropriate. When we discovered that the shower doors wouldn't close I went downstairs again and asked for another room since this was a bit to much. She wasn't willing and I really had to insist and it made me uncomfortable. I know that Berlin people are a special kind and not known to be overly friendly but in a hotel I would expect a certain level of hospitality and politeness.

Depending on what you are planning to do the location next to Kurfürstendamm is quite nice and close to public transport. It is also very well connected to the Autobahn so you reach smoothly. The hotel offers what you would expect from a 4 Star place and the house itself is a bit historic.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Queen Room

Extremely unprofessional receptionist on the third day of my stay, her unfriendly almost mean behaviour

Very nice and helpful receptionist on the first and second day of my stay, great breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

everything was perfect.

Very nice hotel, staff very professional and helpful (got an upgrade and get the room already at 11am), spacious room, comfortable bed, very quiet and very good quality of sleep. Wifi super fast. All the amenities needed.

• Queen Room

Very comfortable hotel with helpful staff and good breakfast. Proximity to M29 bus route enabled us to travel where we wanted to go, linking with the 100 route. Good range of restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Economy Single Room

my biggest gripe was the bed . I hate foam mattresses. Moreover this one had a rubber sheet over it and a cotton sheet on top, resulting in hot sweaty sleeping conditions. As it was quite warm, I asked for a blanket to replace the duvet. There wasn't a single blanket in the hotel.

breakfast was fine, room was quiet and clean, location and transport links good

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bit outside of the city centre but then again free parking and close to metro! Bathroom was small but ok. Maybe a bit outdated but still very cosy. Would definetly consider next time.

Free parking, free wifi, very close to public transport. Mini bar!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Queen Room

waking up early morning from housekeepng!!! first from them ringing the door bell and also from the noise from the next room (adjacent) jumped out off bed like it was next to me!

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only small thing, is that there is no code for the internet, so the connection is not secure. Other than that, it was perfect.

Beautiful old hotel, very reasonable price, great staff.

• Economy Single Room

Overall it was a nice hotel. You got what you paid for. It was quite close to the shoppingstreets so the location was good. Even though I overslept and was late to checkout they where really cool with it!! Don't missunderstand me, I am not telling you to be late to check-out!;)

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Economy Single Room

The people in the reception desk who I had contact with in the check out were not very gentle though.

My room was extremely tidy and clean and I had all the conditions to take a good rest. Bathroom was clean as well. I arrived late in the night and the person in the reception desk was very gentle and polite. The hotel was a way better than my expectations.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Economy Single Room

friendly staff, smooth check-in, nice atmosphere, good location, fair rate; grocery store nearby; transit nearby; quiet room (the hotel is not on the main street, yet in proximity); good wi-fi. Overall a great experience. Would definitely book again.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Economy Single Room

The staff didn't act friendly and not really educated in english as an international language. Carpet was a mess and need to refurbished. You may hear noises in night from people walk.

Location is great & near to metro. Mini bar was ok and they attend to clean room everyday. Hotel's popularity was amazing in the town. Many know this hotel

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was comparatively small

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and the place was very clean. A nice touch was that there was coffee and/or herb tea available in the reception room. Also, some books to read there. I highly recommend the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The heating was not working. I stayed 2 nights and even after complaining they did not do anything about it. The room was freezing! Really unacceptable. Ruined my time in Berlin. Also, the location is pretty bad: far from the center

The room was nice and wide. The cleaning was impeccable and the Wi-Fi was super fast!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Ask for a room away from the railway if the sound of trains disturbs you ... we didn't find it a problem.

Room & bathroom were spacious & clean. Staff were very helpful. Hotel is just off a main artery road which goes into the centre of Berlin & has superb shopping &restaurants along its length. Overall impression is that the whole area is well maintained. It was not difficult to find a parking space on the road surrounding the hotel. A passer-by went out of their way to remind us to park in the same direction as passing traffic - otherwise you may get fined.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Not worth four stars. Bed too soft. Outdated, not very clean. When we complained about dirt on the floor member of staff was by himself so he couldn't leave reception!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Queen Room

No air or fan and it was HOT. Tiny bottle of coca cola was 2.50 euros. Go out and across the main street there is a gas station, convenience store. Soda WAY cheaper there

Front desk was great...I was exhausted when I got there with blisters from walking after getting lost and off at the wrong stop and they let me up in my room right away. Got to watch the maid clean it and she did a great job. Friendly cleaning staff. Someone always at front desk if you needed something. Convenience store for snacks and way cheaper sodas just across main street and bus stop right there on the corner, hotel side of main street. Nice area and ELEVATOR in the hotel. Gummy bears on the bed!! Loved my stay.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Economy Single Room

The staff at the reception was not kind and they were not keen to help you in giving you information. The staff working at the breakfast was kind. However, for 2 days (out of 4), they did not have arranged a gluten free breakfast (I called directly the hotel before my departure to make sure a gluten free breakfast was available. Also, I payed in advance an extra of 12,90€ per day in order to have breakfast at the hotel). I was very disappointed by this.

The bathroom, the hotel in itself

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the other reception staff members could be somewhat more service oriented.

Great location, great breakfast, wonderful service in the breakfast room, comfortable suite. There was an issue with our booking, however we were helped by Jannene who really went out of his way to make sure a solution was found to our satisfaction. Our special thanks for all the efforts and wonderful service.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

For a four star hotel, I would have expected a more exclusive appearance. Almost 13€ for soft Brötchen, and the variety of cold cuts for breakfast could have been better. The scrambled eggs and bacon were only replaced once, therefore, after a small portion, there was no going back for a second serving. The plates are small saucers, where one can only fit a small portion on it. I am an average-sized woman and eat more than one small plate full for breakfast. Having to give up your old-fashioned key has pros and cons. No chance of losing it while visiting, but how secure are my belongings when I am not there in the room?

We found the staff friendly and helpful when asked about the public transportation.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Pillows very very soft & no hard ones were available. Also the shower didnt drain very well. Having to keep switching it on and off so you werent ankle deep in your own dirty water..

Extremely quiet hotel thought we were the only ones staying! Bed was very comfy and room was beautiful. Great location next to train station also.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Local laundry would have helped. There were a couple of dry cleaners but no place to wash clothes in a washer.

Once the room was a little late (10 min.) and they gave us a little snack to compensate.

Stayed in May 2016

Old, ugly, unfrendly

Not polite

Little worn down

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

Big room, like small apartment, good breakfast, The guy who was in the night was really friendly and helpful, good service at this time,

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It has homely welcoming feel. liked the tea facility in the afternoon

• Queen Room

One of the lady receptionist never smiled or greet guests

Clean and warm. Tea time with muffins

• Queen Room

Could do with a space to work in downstairs area With colleagues

Cozy. And quiet

Good location and price.

Old bathrooms, overall refreshment would be appropriate, not a 4 Stars level

Location is top, large rooms

Tranquility

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

I would like the option of paying cash at the property...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No room service. No friendly reception.

Very comfortable room with balcony, nicely decorated. Speedy and stable internet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Maybe a bit far from town center

Very clean, confortable, excellent price

• Queen Room

The beds/pillows could be better

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Comfort Double Room with Sofa Bed

Very clean bathroom, spacious room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No sign for non disturb.

Good price and location. Close to S Bahn.

• Queen Room

Running water and toliet running

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was cute and cozy, although a little on the expensive side.

Very small room

• Economy Single Room

The carpet in the room need to be cleaned.

Great Location, nice and clean bathrooms, nice staff

• Economy Single Room

some staff were not really approachable, wifi is a security concern, anyone can freely connect.

it was cozy and clean

• Economy Single Room

Everything was perfect, suff extremly helpful and kind. public transportion arround the corner.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning at room in summer and need to open window but lots of bugs flying in. Carpet is old and dirt.

Location is great

Not much to not like

Lovely historic hotel in very pleasant area. Room facilities in an economy single room were outstanding.

Tiny room

Lication

On double bed 2 single matres

Comfortable. Clean.

• Economy Single Room

the guy at the reception does not smile at all.

Good value for money

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very nice room with separate small cozy sitting room. Minibar in the room. Good breakfast

Browse Novum Hotel Kronprinz Berlin traveller photo gallery