Reviews of Hotel Am Kupferhammer This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Westbahnhofstr. 57, 72070 Tübingen, Germany

#7 of 14 hotels in Tübingen

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Room was nice size, and hotel was in a very quiet area,...

Check-in was using a key safe - it was fine, and the owner made sure I had a number in case of problems, but still prefer a conventional checkin personally. Location was good if you are driving or in a group, a bit out of the way if not.

Room was nice size, and hotel was in a very quiet area, which was good. Bed was comfy, and shower was good. Breakfast was nice, and staff were helpful and efficient.

Was good clean rooms.

Bathtub was choked. Breakfast was limited items and only one person taking care of breakfast and receptionist guest. For the price not enough standard.

Was good clean rooms. Good WiFi network.

Uncomfortable, Not hospitable at all, Not recommended

I did not feel comfortable in this hotel. I'm a Singaporean scientist who lives in France and I travel alot for my work. And this would be 1 of the hotels I will not recommend foreigners who are travelling for business or hotel, to stay in. Firstly, they claimed there was high speed internet. I was put in a room, Room 1 to be specific, and the internet was terrible there. I needed wifi so that I can get some work done once I have visited clients and I had to use my data with hotspot. I think the room was dusty as I kept having allergies in the room; I was itching all over, just lying on the bed and my eyes and nose were so itchy. It felt so much better to be outside in the fresh air. During breakfast, I realized the lady at the counter gave preferential treatment to the locals compared to someone of a different continent. The extreme friendliness, smiles and hospitality was obviously provided to the locals. And when I asked a simple question, a cold answer, straight to the point and a blank look was given; which I did not appreciate for the start of the day. I'm not staying at this hotel for free. I am a paying customer. For checking out, before I headed to the lab in the afternoon, I just needed some time to sit at a table to work on my laptop. Normally, in many hotels, even B&Bs that I have stayed in, in Europe, there is alot of understanding and I am allowed to stay longer to sit at a table to work either waiting for my flight or heading out to work before catching my flight. But with this hotel, it was a no. She just directed me to a nearby restaurant which only opened at 11am and I had to checkout at 1030am. So i waited outside the restaurant, sitting by a concrete slab to get some work done. Thank god for the colleagues I was working with and the people I met at the restaurants I went to, that made Tuebingen a nice place to make up for my stay at this hotel. I really will not recommend this hotel unless you are a local.

I liked the location. Breakfast was simple but nice.

Not good at all. Way too expensive compared to what we got.

We had 2 rooms, 4 people and only 1 bath towel and one hand towel in each room. Mosquitos or some little animals in the bathroom, 4 different types. Very small room, didn’t look like that in the pictures. 139e for one night 2 persons, very very expensive compared to everything we got. Was suppose to have 2 beds, that’s why we chose this hotel. But no, had to sleep new to a co-worker on a business trip.

Fine for one night.

We wanted and expected a larger room than the one we had and even a crude measurement suggested it was smaller than that advertised.

Parking at the rear of the main hotel building was helpful

Great stay in Tuebingen, a charming town with a beautiful riverfront.

On map I initially thought it was closer into town and to train station so recommend cabbing it when you first arrive. After a day though was able to navigate town pretty easily. There is also a pedestrian tunnel shortcut to the river and station.

Very comfortable quiet room and building with peaceful atmosphere. Close to main road but not noisy and nice supermarket nearby for food (and food souvenirs). A very pleasant walk into town center.

Breakfast was adequate but could be improved

The receptionist was very helpful and friendly in helping me find the location of where my conference was being held. Taxis were ordered as required with characteristic German efficiency.

Good

One morning the warm water didn't work. That can happen. But we didn't hear a sorry nor did they compensate it in any way, but talked to us excusing what happened and so on. I was surprised by that because the other days the service was really nice.

The room was nice and clean. The bed comfortable. The breakfast was good.

I will never stay there again.

The reception staff, although we had paid the bill on line, the staff were adamant we had to pay again, we had all the paper work showing the bill had been paid.

Rooms clean.

not woth the money

1.Breakfast: the coffee was sour, the waitress said for 4,80€ we could not expect more. On the other side the fee for an additional breakfast for our daughter was 10,00€ 2.The smell in the room

Clean and convenient

Very convenient parking on site and the breakfast we very good indeed. A short walk into town, this hotel was easy to reach from the motorway by car.

Great little hotel.

Great quiet hotel in short walking distance from Tübingen west station. Only one block. Great little hotel with a good breakfast. Very hot when visited with no AC but they found us a fan that really helped. Adult only hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The only problem is that you cannot check in before 16.

The only problem is that you cannot check in before 16.00 since before that time the reception is not available. The people are very kind and helpful, but you have to take this into account.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Very good middle class hotel.

Far from main train station. Westbahnhof is very close but not a lot of trains stop there.

Very good middle class hotel. Good breakfast. 10-15mins walk to the town centre and there is a big supermarket on the way.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

A great place to stay for the chocolate festival

My friend and I travelled to Tubingen for their chocolate festival. We were lucky to spend the night at this hotel as it was a quick 15 or so minute walk to the downtown area. The hotel was visually appealing, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was excellent, giving us a map and directions to the festival. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I am ever again in the area.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

very comfortable bed, new and fresh bathroom, silence,...

10 minutes walk to city center

very comfortable bed, new and fresh bathroom, silence, friendly staff, in neighborhood railway station

Good quiet family run hotel, very clean, quiet and good wifi and working desk

Nice breakfast, good wifi, quiet and comfortable bed. A nice small hotel convenient for town and university. Perfect for the business trip.

Very usefull in thé cityv

Breakfast start orly at 8d

Very clean

Would not recommend

Took over an hour and half to get access to hotel. No one there to let us in. Phone number given to contact owner on not accessible to us.

Pleasant stay

Slight carpet smell

Toilet clean and nice breakfast

Clean rooms and a great staff

The rooms were very clean, breakfast was good and the staff is extremely nice, welcoming and helpful. Highly recommended!

Not Very Nice

Hotel didn't seem clean, even though hard to say specifically what was dirty. Everything seemed very cheap and smelled musty.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Silent sleep

Ruhe

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Free on site parking with a short walk to the city centre.

Free on site parking with a short walk to the city centre.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

too expensive for the offerings

cellar rooms the heating didn´t work correctly

breakfast friendliness of the stuff

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Kind staff

Price

Kind staff

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Excellent breakfast, fresh food and comfy beds.

Reception is closed at 8pm. They did left a note with telephone number to call, but nobody picked up the phone for hour or so. Some rooms (like mine) are on the ground floor, and ground floor means that you have windows with parking view (on cars' tyres)

Excellent breakfast, fresh food and comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

A clean, convenient and comfortable enough place, but at...

Breakfast was just sufficient, I think they could do better. Note the place is not exactly central, so not allot right there.

A clean, convenient and comfortable enough place, but at least my room and the location made it feel more appropriate as a business traveler hotel. I stayed in the back building which was quite newly redone.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

Amazing breakfast!

Bedbugs! Bad wifi on ground floor

Amazing breakfast! Location just nearby Tuebingen West train staition, 5 min from old town and university, supermarket across the street.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

Friendly staff, nice clean, if sparse, room.

The reception is closed from noon until 16:00. This is important to know: if one arrives during this time, one must sit outside in the rain! (We were fortunate to arrive at 11:00 and were granted access to our room.) So, in a sense, it is more like a B & B than a true hotel. Most hotels offer a lobby in which to sit if a room is not yet ready.

Friendly staff, nice clean, if sparse, room.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Lovely hotel just took about 20-25mins to walk into old town...

Nothing to dislike.

Lovely hotel just took about 20-25mins to walk into old town, plenty of places to eat. Can recommend the Krumme Bruecke restaurant on Kornhausstrasse we had a lovely meal. Nice atmosphere in the town it also has a University there.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

The hotel is clean and is comfortable

The superficial and unhelpful nature of the coupl who Own the place

The hotel is clean and is comfortable Walkable distance and good location for parking, supermarket nearby

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Very friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, nice...

Very friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Nice, friendly, fine breakfast

Nice, friendly, fine breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Immaculately clean, comfy, spacious room.

Immaculately clean, comfy, spacious room. Easy to park (we had a bike rack).

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

Of the three staff members I dealt with, two were quite...

Of the three staff members I dealt with, two were quite unfriendly and rather rude. The third was friendly and helpful, but I only saw her once.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Bed linen

Bed linen

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Am Kupferhammer traveller photo gallery