Reviews of Hotel La Ferté

Strassburger Straße 1, Zuffenhausen, 70435 Stuttgart, Germany

#19 of 29 B&Bs and Inns in Stuttgart

6.2

4.1

I had a very bad experience and I felt really cheated in this hotel! When I did the check out, nobody asked me the key back and I totally forgot it, since most hotels you don't even need to worry about that anymore. But this is a very old style hotel that uses normal lockers in doors. I realized only when I was in the middle of my short three days trip. So, I thought to just give keys back once I'm back to Stuttgart city, since I had to go back there to take my extra luggage anyway. I believed they would be happy to have the key back! But actually they were waiting for me and wanted that I pay for all the extra days I was not there, because, supposedly, they could not use the room (because they had only this key???). And all those three days, they didn't try to write me an email, to call me, they just waited till I'm back to tell that. I said I would not pay for that, any decent hotel have extra keys and, if this is so critical for them, they have to make sure to ask the keys back during check out. And they should at least try to contact me! Then they told they have my credit card and they would discount the value anyway! I had to stay six nights there for business purpose. My days staying there were not so bad (rooms were very noise and no breakfast or internet, but clean and comfortable), but this episode ruined any descent image I got before!

Rooms were clean and the lady in reception was very polite and nice. Location is also fine.

Receptionist that checked me in didn't speak any English, just told me my room number and pointed.

Close to the metro, comfortable beds, clean, tea and coffee facilities, nice shower.

I love my English tea and non was available albeit a good choice of fruit tea. Someone in our party was placed in the building opposite and the room was small and bed uncomfortable. No food places near by.

Room very cosy and warm, bed super comfy and balcony added bonus. Room and bathroom ok size and clean. Great pub around the corner and great transport connections!

The roof windows had no curtains.

We got a room change immediately as soon as we pointed out that the room we got had two single beds while we asked for a double. Very nice!

Very small room. Hotel is on the crossroad, noisy.

Staff was very kind and helpful. Bottled water and fruits provided in the room upon arrival, free of charge.

Not all the staff speak English. The paid for internet is of such low quality that it was impossible to open any attachments or any photos. Let alone use Facebook.... a total waste of money. Parking is complicated but at least free.

There was a kettle in the room.

I should have said that we had a lot of equipment for our baby, as we were on the 2d floor with no lift and it was tiring to go up with our stuff :)

it was a very nice place with a super cute terrasse. ideal for a little picnic or a drink. and the man who welcame us was very kind. it was great to have a welcome drink also!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The location was not central and there was no breakfast available but there were ample facilities nearby which staff were happy to direct us to. Wifi was not free but again no complaints as it was only 3 Euro a day and the overall accommodation price was very reasonable. No lifts available in the hotel which has 4 floors.

It was very convenient with the city center 10 minutes away by a choice of 2 trams stopping very close to the hotel. Excellent value for money!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

- Extremely small room and bathroom - No curtain / roller shutter at the window (attic) - No elevator - I had asked for a double room with 2 beds and I got a double room with 1 double bed instead.

- Kind staff. They always offered me a cup of coffee whenever I was at the reception to ask for something. - Take away coffee for free - Good connection with S-Bahn and U-Bahn

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

It was impossible to use the miniature washbasin. Small room, shower next to desk.

Nice personnel, welcome drink. Fit for an overnight before visiting Porsche Museum.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

1.) The hotel is located near a cow stable. There is a powerful smell coming from windows. 2.) The room was very small and there were bugs in the bathroom. However, the staff said they're sorry and they will fix that. 3.) Other than the bugs and smell, hotel was clean. 4.) The reception charged me 6 euros for wifi, and claimed at checkout that I paid only 5 euros, but they didn't say anything at the time. Well they should've told me that when I was buying wifi.. Right? 5.) The hotel is near a road that is very busy with train traffic at night. You might wake up couple of times just because of the noise.

The staff was helpful and friendly. Bed was very comfy, The hotel in general was clean and central.

Close to local train station and trams, one stop to Porsche museum.

support

Rude and u professional staff! Wifi is a joke.

Staff disinterested to solve issue with room equipment. Old furnishment.

Strategic position to reach city centre by public transportation.

No breakfast

Noise is too big in the night, and no breakfast

The stairs could be difficult to navigate with baggage if in fact you were disabled.

The front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly.

there was a regular farm outside of my window - it smelled like in a stable

The internet was practically unusable, it was so weak. And they charged 3 euros per day for it!

It was relatively cheap.

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Very noisy because of tram lines right outside. No restaurants near by

Friendly staff. Transport is very good

No elevator

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

The staff; the man was crazy and the woman was so soft.

It's between Train and Tram

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

No breakfast

Location its very near Station

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

Small room with no table to work on laptop No parking at the hotel

Best burger bistro in Stuttgart (Triple B) just few minutes by walking. Close to subway Close to the highway Friendly staff Clean Big showering place

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Parked my car on the street, I made the mistake of parking wrong. A mad person who lives in the street stole my license plates out of anger of me parking wrong. My own fault of course, but stealing someone's property is not okay! Staff was very kind and helpful to help me with this problem. Everything was resolved.

Staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

No parking place in 1km area.The room was 10square meters in the attic. too noisy at night due to the tram.We had to climb into bed,because the wardrobe.I had to climb a steep slim stairs. the worst hotels I've seen in Germany two years ago

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

There is no lift and the spiral stairs are narrow. My bathroom light was flickering (and never stopped flickering). The hotel is neighbours with a shady gambling machine place (they sometimes call themselves "casinos"). The street is very loud: frequent car signal honking and angry shouting at presumably bad drivers and or pedestrians.

The price was fair, the location is well connected to public transport. Stuttgart is a very crowded, unpleasant and expensive city. If you need to be in the Zuffenhausen area and don't want to spend much on a place to stay, then it's really alright.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

The place is very sketchy from the outside as well as the inside and it doesn't look anything like the pictures. When we arrived the poorly german / english speaking lady at the front desk couldn't find our booking. When we finally got to our room, we where quiet shocked. The corridor to get to the room was already more than questionable. But the room itself was just horrible. The bathroom door wouldn't open all the way, the shower was dirty and full of chalky deposit. All in all I am sorry but there is just nothing good to say about this place. Spend 20 Euro more and find yourself a decent place!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

breakfast "deal" with coffee-shop was a joke.

location not downtown but very convenient with the metro.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Wireless 3€ per day No breakfast buffet

Cleanliness and comfort

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

The hotel had a generally dismal feel to it, and the cleanliness was lacking. No breakfast or choice of breakfast.

OK if roughing it.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

Noise of tams all night long and a cow behind a wall.

Pretty central location in Zuffenhausen

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

No English spoken. Owner wanted our dog to be on balcony with 37 degrees outside. Room smells strongly of horse stable.

Free parking, large bed

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

Neighborhood noise

Nice room

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.