Reviews of Hotel La Maison This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Occamstraße 24, 80802 Munich, Germany

#186 of 349 hotels in Munich

The hotel is amazingly helpful. When I arrived in the train station in the late afternoon of a weekend, there is no taxi available and minimum waiting time more than 1 hour. I called La Maison for help and English speaking General Manager came to pick me up. They are very friendly team! I would stay again if I come next time.

I had a broken wall in my bathroom other than this everything was ok

The room is dark but good in general. Comfortable bed. Very helpful reception. Very good location

• Double Room Light

The hotel is small and quiet. Friendly and very helpful staff. The room was clean and very comfortable. The location for me was perfect, but I wasn’t visiting any of the sites. I want to specifically mention the delicious coffee that the hotel serves. It’s a special kind that the chef has.

I was really disappointed at one of the staff members at reception and did not find the housekeeping that impressive (still empty bottle from minibar in room, towels that I left for reuse not folded). Although it is a nice property, it seems to lack some care for detail. Having said this, some other reception members were very courteous.

I do like the location (close to Münchener Freiheit) in a vibrant area. The hotel offers good service and a bit of a busy but modern decor. The rooms and particularly the beds are comfortable and there are good amenities. The breakfast looked appetizing.

• Double Room Light

Hotel La Maison is one of the worst experiences I have had with a hotel. Prior to my arrival I saw a lower selling rate online so I called the hotel to see if they would change my rate to the lower one. After rudely telling me no I received a notification that my card had been charged for the full cost of the stay. I called to notify them that per my booking confirmation I was to pay at check in they need to refund my card immediately. The rude girl on the phone then proceed to charge my card two more times. The total charges to my card prior to my arrival where $3170, plus international fees and phone calls. After several attempts at resolution and no apologies, one of the staff said we could have free breakfast during our stay, that was the only compensation for this 3 day struggle. Well fast forward to check in. No greeting or welcome just a cold face telling me breakfast was not included....after a very long conversation and showing email "proof" she says fine and tosses our room keys at us. Fast forward to check out...All breakfast charges were listed on our room bill which also included another guests name, address and telephone number listed at the top. Now I had to spend about 30 mins standing at the check out waiting for the reception to sort it all out. I worked for Marriott for 12 years and I have never experienced any hotel this unorganised and unwilling to admit their mistakes. I have still received no apology, not a single word from the manager...Who I have asked to contact me about 5 times now. The massive charges on my credit card prevented me from being able to accommodate other expenses I have. It's rediculous that this happened.

Breakfast seemed expensive, but lots of cafes nearby instead.

The room was *gorgeous* and chic, easy walking distance to the English Gardens, great food and drink venues very close by and also very close to the U and S bahn. Loved it!

• Double Room Light

No air conditioning: how to get fresh air when having a room windowing on both a garage and parking with activities all the day (people, cars and engines) running from very early in the morning (resting in the afternoon was impossible)? And what about noise/voices/discussions/cries in front of the hotel in the night with no management by the hotel team? Even with closed window! Not pleasant journey because of those issues!!

The place in the city (in Schwabing) was very good. Restaurants, bars, metro stations, bike rental: all very convenient!

The room was bigger than a typical hotel room and the bed was super comfortable. Staff were terrific and extremely helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Airport transfer was forgotten by reception. No air-condition. No hot water on second day. Noisy room. Uninterested staff in jeans. Bottle of water for 6 EUR in the room at arrival (room price 240 EUR/night, one bottle of water should be covered by the margin) . No tea or coffee maker in the room. Uncomfortable bed.

Location is not too far from the Englishgarden

No airconditioning which made the sleep almost impossible. The window screen and open window helped a little bit but was still very hot in the room. Considering we stayed for 3 nights we came home very exhausted. Rooms also quite small

Location was great, lots of bars and cafes around and close to the metro

• Double Room Light

This hotels situation had everything that me and my partner could ask for around us. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond to give us everything we needed to make our stay comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Double Room Light

The bar looks nice but is not properly attended, no music at the lobby, hence it doesn't come through as a place one would feel like having a drink or meet people (i.e. definition of a bar). Lacks atmosphere. Undervalued.

In the heart of Schwabing. I would recommend it for solo travelers that value their privacy or couples. Good quality linen and effective wi-fi. The person at the desk was kind enough to provide me with a room despite I arrived a few hours before check in time.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

There are no twin beds available and we were given a 1.60 m bed which is very narrow. However, upon departure we were told next time to ask for a 1.80 m bed which can be done upon availability.

Everything else Perfect!

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Breakfast was expensive so on the second day we choose to go to a nearby cafe instead for half the price.

In a great location for getting into the city centre but also a great area itself close to lots of shops, cafes, restaurants etc. The hotel is done out very nicely inside as well.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

- Nice location with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops in the neighborhood. - nice and spacious rooms, some with a large bathtube - friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

It would be unfair to complain, it is in general a good hotel with nice staff and clean facilities.

The hotel is very well located in central Munich. A metro station is very close and in the neighborhood you can find restaurants and cafés and the English Gardens are just 5 minutes away. The staff is friendly and helpful and the hotel is clean.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Cold room with no ability to control heating. Water was luke warm the night I tried to have a bath. No room service or any local take-away list provided - had to get McDonald's down the road when I checked In at 11pm, after a day of traveling. Very empty feel in public areas, it's not a hang-out spot and so there's not a warm "vibe" like you'd expect from a boutique hotel like this.

Location. Interior design.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

I don't think there's anything we didn't like. The wifi wasn't a fantastic connection, I suppose, but we were out from 9am until late at night experiencing the city so it didn't really affect us in the way that it might affect a business traveler.

A lovely neighbourhood in the old artists' quarter of Munich, with plenty of bars, cafes, restaurants and shops and the beautiful English Garden (huge park) very close by. It felt like a very safe place to stay, and was an easy level walk (if somewhat lengthy - about 2.5 to 3 miles) into the central area. There was also an underground station less than 5 mins walk away but we only used it when travelling between the hotel and the airport. Breakfast is plentiful and delicious - eggs of choice, smoked salmon, cheeses, hams, bread and pastries and plenty of juices and teas / coffees to choose from. Room was comfy and spacious with an amazingly comfy bed. Staff were friendly and courteous and reception is open 24 hours.

Bad wifi connection

Very nice room, very well furnished, very clean, great value for what you are paying. Somewhat luxurious with a cheaper price in great spot in Munich

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

I'm a frequent visitor in Munich but this was my first time at La Maison. We booked a 2-night stay in a double room with extra large bed. But when we got to the hotel we were told our room was unavailable because other guests have extended their stay, so we were given "a slightly smaller room", as reception staff put it. That turned out to be a SINGLE room - one night stand, one towel, one glass in the bathroom - where the two of us were supposed to sleep on a 1,30 meter bed! Upon a frustrating dialogue with an extremely rude reception staff we were forced to spend the night there (asking Booking to help us switch the hotel didn't work). Next day we were given a bigger room with a proper bed but little did that make up. If you're like us and a weekend getaway is a way to recharge, do you really want to spend even a minute of that time dealing with this kind of crap? And if, out of 5 good reviews, you are the guest that hotel staff think they can mess with -because it's the first time you stay there, you booked with a discount through a third party or you come from Spain and they think you won't be able to properly defend your rights because of a lack of language skills - you're screwed. Don't risk your holidays turning sour, stay somewhere else.

Not far away from city center (approx. 45 min by bike).

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Room Light

Dark bathroom with black tiles and a little light. weak WiFi signal. small room with strange atmosphere, a small tv, very small elevator, not for family.

I stayed only one night and from that point of view the accommodation was good. Good bed and pillows, a balcony as a good opportunity for smokers, parking garage.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double Room Light

The room is a bit smallish.

Located near many restaurants and bars. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very nicely decorated hotel with eye for atmosphere and quality. Really good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

3 things in my one night. First, I let them know I was arriving to check in at 8PM and they were trying to tell me they oversold and need me to stay at another property that was not safe and nor comparable and another part of town. After being pretty adamant it was not acceptable, luckily, they told me to come on over to the hotel and check-in. I called at 7PM, to confirm directions, so it was a shocker... When I arrived, I saw a note on my assigned paperwork that I was a "no-show" - which is unheard of when check in is at 3PM and was just 7PM when I called.This did not leave me with the best impression. Second, the room was non-smoking but there was smoking lingering in the area. Third, a fire alarm went on for about a minute around midnight or so, but I was so tired, and it stopped, I went back to sleep.

Great neighborhood near places to eat, shops and easy to get a taxi. Small, boutique hotel. The lobby is nice and the front desk is friendly. The amenities and hotel itself were fine for the value I paid for, I would stay again, minus the minor things, which wasn't too big of a deal as it all worked out and I enjoyed my stay overall.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

the beautiful modern design,the staff's attention,the location.Very easy to reach the city center by U Bahn and very interesting to walk in the near english Garden and in some interesting streets around the hotel

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

was a hot day in Munich, room temperature was above 30 degrees and no AC, hotel provided small fan which made a lot of noise which added additional frustration instead of relieve, bathroom looked pretty run down and had an awful smell of detergents, room was very dusty, no assistance with luggage (pretty poor if you pay 315 EUR a night), telephone has no directory on how to reach the reception, no breakfast to go offered as I departed at 5.30 am but paid for breakfast, would have been a nice touch

Design of the restaurant / public area, super sweet and attentive staff throughout within their authority, bulgari amenities

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Facilities is room need updating.

Bed was very comfortable & staff friendly & helpful. Plus there is bike hire next door & English Garden nearby

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Staff didn't know how to roll the electric outdoor curtain up. Actually said there wasn't a curtain on the outside ?! Made him come and look There is a bar in the lobby- empty when I came - I asked for a rom and coke - he didn't react - I said well if it's too much then I can settle with a beer - and then he heard perfectly fine and made me a beer (!?). I spoke German. The room was dirty at arrival - and shower drain blocked - linen broke holes in- I complained in the morning -late arrival "well there is always something isn't there" was one of her answers and " well normally we would upgrade you to another room..... " " oh you want to move room ok " Yes I didn't want to stay in the dirty room. Kind of lazy attitude. I got another room that was clean - In the description it says with bathroom and iron - but lazy girl told me " ahh yeah you have to ask for that to get it" - room with balcony -? single rooms do not have balcony - no table or chair has room there- it's more af walk out place with a high wall. Double rooms have small balconys- my first room there actually was direct access to my room from a door in the hall way - I found out in the morning .. Not feeling safe sleeping all night with open windows .. Could be a great place - but needs effort from staff . Pity that the big bar was empty both nights ? Entrance at hotel very dark . Very small single room.. ;(

The location was nice, central and easy to find

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The service at the hotel was bad. We booked our hotel without breakfast included but while doing the checkin the girl at reception said it was included. We asked twice and she confirmed it. We had breakfast both days and at the end of our stayed they charged us 60€ in total for those breakfast arguing it was a mistake from the receptionist and they couldn't do anything at all. It was the hotel's fault, not ours. But we payed anyway. Apart from that, during our second day's breakfast, we were missing one croissant in our basket. We asked for it and the girl took it from another client's table were a croissant was left. She didn't take from the kitchen, but from the leftovers of the table next to us. Not very nice.

The decoration and ambience were great.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

This hotel has s great location to the English Garden and subway/ public transportation. As well, many good restaurants are nearby! Staff is helpful and friendly!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

there were some technical issues in the room that remained unsolved till the last day. room was a bit too small and not well fitted for 2 persons with luggage.

the staff was really helpful even when presented with some issues.

• Double Room Light

No water heater / coffee machine

Friendly staff, great bed

Great location, simple modern rooms

• Double Room Light

Bit far from the city center.

Great customer service! Nice, large rooms and good wifi.

Great style, super friendly, good food.

the TV chanels are limited to just german speacking ones......

Very convenient underground parking

staff was very frendly

The hotel needs a little sprucing up. Lots of dings and smudges on walls. It was almost there but not quite.

Room rather small

Breakfast in bed! Nice staff who struggled with English a little

Liked the Hotel, good location if you are confident to catch UBahn which is not difficult.

• Double Room Light Petit

Room arrangements are not very practical.

Very friendly stuff! Great Location.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Amazing staff and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room, and the additional service that the staff gave

• Double Room Light

Noise at night (banging noise from construction site behind).

Convenient location, good atmosphere, clean

WiFi connection was way too slow

Very nice hotel, would be perfect with a better WiFi

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double Room Light

Room and bathroom were stunning. Balcony was an added extra too

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

The staff was really nice, we went here for my girlfriend's birthday and they had a bottle of champagne chilling in the room for us

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Very confortable bed. Friendly staff. well-furnished fridge. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great Location ,great design,friendly helpful staff,

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

We couldn't check-in any minute earlier, only at 15:00. It was very frastrating.

Big and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room Light

Updated interior design, clean, friendly, great location

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double Room Light

Duvets a little too warm for the season.

Very pleasant room with good bed and great pillows. excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Nocomment

The breakfast and the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. Very clean and cozy.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

AC wasn't working properly

close to metro station, restaurants & design

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double Room Light Petit

Charming hotel in boudoir style, nice neighbourhood out of the city center, very kind staff, great breakfast. Bicycle rental next door!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Room are small and without AC.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

There is no air-conditioning when the weather is warm or hot.

Very good staff and room.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

Its not like a real hotel. There are no slippers, no menu at the room, no concierge. For what it is, way too expensive.

Staff was really nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Designer loved black color, used it in a bathroom (Black sink! After every use it was visibly dirty), tables - could not find black items on table.

Very kind staff, good choice for breakfast, good location close to subway station, shopping area and restaurants and pubs

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Reception desk/concierge said they would make a reservation for us, but never got back to us. When we went to check with her about it, she could not be found, so we assumed she would have told us if there was a problem with the reservation, and went to restaurant. When we got there, they had no table for us. We had to find another restaurant after some extensive walking. When we got back to the hotel, all she said was "did you find another place"? If you can't make a reservation at a restaurant for your guests, you should inform your guests and offer to find them another restaurant rather than let your guests fend for themselves

Liked the quality of the room, the nice lobby, and parking arrangements. Next to English Garden, but not close to the city centrum.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2015

The price too much expensive for the room, the buffet is too much expensive for the price of 15euro and I eat eggs only and drink coffee the cost me 9euro.the cleaning for my room is not good, I make some stain in the bed, it should be they clean and remove the bed sheet, they not remove it... I expect more than I pay for of course.

The staff they are good and very accommodating, the place was in the good location.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Small room. F. eks only one chair. No English speaking TV channel

Very good breakfast buffet. Balcony in the room.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

quite a poor breakfast and too small tv

they have to improve a choice by breakfast menu and improve breakfast service as well

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Function follows design; Interio is made for your eyes only

location is nice; towards backyard quiet

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Great location close by English garden. Cosy small boutique hotel with very friendly staff and nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Room was tiny Breakfast good but eggs were only offered on 2 of the 4 mornings

Nice view from room Friendly receptionists

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Nice and quiet location. 15 min walk to the center. Frendly and helpfull staff.

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel La Maison traveller photo gallery