Reviews of Laimer Hof am Schloss Nymphenburg 3 stars

Laimer Str. 40, Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, 80639 Munich, Germany

#24 of 349 hotels in Munich

9.8

Before I arrived I thought the breakfast charge of 10 euros was a bit high, but once there, I saw that the breakfast was quite complete (even scrambled eggs) and that the hostess would prepare cappucinos at no added charge. Room was a bit small, but I will consider it "quaint"

Perfect location in quiet upscale neighborhood, quite close to the tram for quick ride to city center and also close to the large relaxing beer garden in the Hirschgarten park. Hosts were extremely gracious and seemed very genuine in wanting to make our stay a great one. My wife thought the hotel was very "cute". Good parking in small lot at the hotel or on the street. Stay here instead of city center!

I arrived in the evening. The staff was so kind and helpful. It was a little distance to get there from the train station, but it was well worth it! The neighborhood is quiet and safe and there are lovely restaurants within walking distance. I walked to the S train that took me to the airport in the morning and the walk was pleasant and not too far. The room, environment, and staff are lovely! I definitely recommend this!

The service was excellent. Thank you, Sebastian, for all of your great advice and assistance. The neighborhood is nice and quiet, only a block from the palace, restaurants, shops, and tram. Breakfast was good with a nice variety. Naja was also very friendly, alert to our needs, and helpful. We were only here for one night, but we hope to return soon for a longer stay. The fans in the room were appreciated. Thank you!

The staff were unfailingly helpful and courteous and very good with regard to information about public transport and places to visit. The breakfast arrangements were excellent e.g. good bread and eggs plus nice fresh fruit - coffee not bad at all either. Laim itself seems to be a charming area and the propert y is within walking distance of public transport and attractions such as the Schloss with its delightful gardens - also strolling in the Hirschgarten is very pleasant. We recommend this establishment unreservedly.

Excellent hosts who went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed. They informed us about things to do and see and how and where to get public transport. Very friendly; we felt right at home! I can recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Munich.

Very friendly and well informed personnel. The location is wonderful. Quality of food/breakfast is really good. We felt more than welcome and home, in a modernized traditional german way. The staff speaks many languages, including German, English, French,...and other.

The hotel has a free parking just next to the door. There are nice restaurants just around the corner. We would stay here again if we come back to Munich.

Location, Hotel and Proprieters.Very welcoming when you arrive and there to help with information.Sebastian and his wife were extremely friendly and gave me great advice.Also great check in and out.All staff were helpful.Will definately return later in year.Many thanks Sebastian.Also great stay for concert venues .

Very good location, very close to a nice park (castle Nymphenburg) and to trams 16 and 17, which take you straight into the city center in about 20 minutes. It was a nice room, quiet, and good value.

Although available on request at a charge, a finishing touch for this great hotel would be to include coffee and tea facilities in the room.

Absolutely loved this hotel! Beautiful and in a wonderful neighborhood. Also close to public transport stops. Hotel owner goes out of his way to make sure that you have a memorable stay! I really recommend this hotel!

The location was as close to perfect as you can get 🌹 The staff exceeded expectations 🌹 The room & it’s was just the right size and comfort 🌹 A stunning opening window with a view to the magical snow capped winter wonderland 🌹 So close to the palace that I felt I were in one 🌹

Perfect hosts, helped us with our bags and even offered to store our ski equipment for the duration of visit. Very kindly helped us make plans, transportation advice, and restaurant recommendations. Rooms are charming, very comfortable and clean. Very accommodating to my young children! Breakfast was fab too. Lovely stay, would 100% reccomend.

The hotel was everything to be expected from the description on the booking.com sight. Alas the room assigned to me, was far below the standard and did not comply with the photographs of the single rooms in booking.com site. Though the room was clean and modern the bathroom well equipped, the room itself which was very small from the outset contained only large double bed with no chair desk and no cupboard. The TV set was positioned(from lack of space) on top of the small refrigerator and the room had only on socket free for the guest use. I asked for room change but was refused on the basis that no other single room was available. My request to be moved to a double room (prepared to pay the higher price) received the same no availability answer. Taking in consideration the fact that I booked the room months in advance and that I checked in before 11AM raises the questions how I got such a room in the first place and why was I not able to get something better even for higher price. The room given to me seem like a perfect solution for a couple who wishes to spend few hours discreetly and not for single traveling person, who needs more than a big double bed and a nice bath room.

Good breakfast. helpful staff.

The rooms were a bit small but were nice and very clean.

The receptionist was very helpful in accomodating us during our stay. We had no problems checking in after midnight!

There is no elevator if you are on a higher floor, but this is only an inconvenience on check-in/check-out if you have lots of luggage, and staff are happy to assist!

Great quiet location. Several restaurants nearby and a great morning breakfast available at the hotel. Easy access to public transportation.

The room we had was lovely but it was little.

The staff at Laimer Hof were just amazing. The manager could not do enough for us. I loved the fact that he made us a cup of tea and a lovely one at that and we felt so at home in the little reception room and met some lovely people. I loved being able to access a computer and print something out and we went for a walk in the great neighbourhood in the beautiful snow and found a fabulous restaurant. Then breakfast the next morning was just perfect. We were quite sad to go.

They only have 4 parking spots reserved for guests. Everybody else has to park on the street. They need to be more up front about this in their property description. 4 parking spaces isn’t exactly what I woukd call “Parking is available”.

I can't think of anything that could have been better.

The staff at Lamier Hof were so friendly and helpful. If we are in Munich again, I will definitely make a reservation there.

The staff is absolutely adorable: not only are they always ready to help you and give some tips, but they also try to make your stay cosy and warm. The hotel is clean and nice. The atmosphere is quiet. I also appreciated the breakfast, generous and of good quality.

Staying here was like staying with friends. Sabastian and Alexandra, as well as the staff, were super nice. They provided "local tips" that made the stay that much better. I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

This is our 2nd visit to the Laimer Hof and we were not disappointed. Jon remembered us from last year and again was extremely helpful. Our room was very comfortable and the beds were great. Will return the next time we are in the area.

Very helpful staff, lovely home, beautiful breakfast in a charming neighborhood. Perfect for exploring the Nymphenburg area-bikes available to ride through beautiful bike trails, and close to a lovely large beer garden. Close to restaurants-although the rooms are small, they are extremely comfortable and quiet, with everything you need.

This was a perfect place to stay our first night in Munich. We appreciated the quiet neighborhood after a long day of flying. Sebastian and Alexander were wonderful hosts at Laimer Hof and gave us suggestions for activities.

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. Also asked for and got a ground floor room but it was very tiny-would have liked a room a little larger as 2 of us. Lovely location

The hotel is in a quiet, residential part of the city, close to Schloss Nympenburg and its parks with a few restaurants, but a bit far from many of the other sites, cafés, etc.

The room is extremely comfortable, if a bit small (the bed is very large and so takes up much of the room and there is also a wardrobe and desk with chair). We very much appreciated the large circulating fan, as it was quite warm during our stay, mini fridge, and large windows. The hotel is very close to Schloss Nymphenburg, which, as the birthplace of Ludwig II, is a very worthwhile place to visit with extensive grounds and several small buildings/museums. The hotel is also very close to the largest beer garden in Munich, the Hirschgarten!

Jan was a wonderful host. He made us feel very welcome and should there have been any problem (which there wasn't) he was available to correct it. Very sincere in our experiencing a positive stay at the hotel. The location was excellent with easy access to Schloss Nymphenburg, downtown and everything else Munich has to offer.

We had an excellent stay. The staff is fluent in English and very helpful. While I didn't mention it or ask at the time of my reservation, they were more than happy to offer additional gluten-free options for me at breakfast. Located in a great and safe neighborhood close to the Hirschgarten, Nymphenburg Palace, and transportation. I highly recommend!

We were travelling with a small child and the staff were great with her, accommodating for us as parents.

Although the rooms are beautiful it is the staff that are amazing. What a friendly group of hosts

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

It is a family business, and the staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful. In addition to directions, suggestions, and a spare power adapter, the staff helped with repeated calls to the airport when one of our bags was lost. We had a super-early departure and the man at reception made us some free cappuccinos to cheer us up.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Our room was on the 3rd floor, with no elevator. It could use some refurbishing.

In suburbs of Munich, very near tp Schloss Nymphenburg - which is a pleasant place to visit and walk through its park. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Although the day was hot and the room had no air conditioning, there was a good breeze and it made the room comfortable.

A few things to know...because the building is historic they are not allowed to install AC. Was a little warm but fans were provided. The distance to the s-ban was about 1/2 mile walk. Once on the s-barn/u-barn, easy transport throughout city. Right by Nyphemburg Palace and a short bike ride to the beer garden. Upscale part of town. Best shower we had in Europe!

This B&B was a great one night stay. Staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. We only had one night there but wish we would have had more time to explore. The bikes were a nice touch and we enjoyed riding to the beer garden. The breakfast was a nice spread with a good variety and great coffee. When exploring new places I like interacting with the staff, I cannot say enough positive words about the desk agents and the owner. I had my 15 year old son with me and the owner went out of his way to engage with him and learn about his interests. Everyone spoke fluent English.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

None.

Everything was super satisfied! The staffs at the front desk were very friendly and gentle. I could get everything I want, also my asks and favour were all solved and it was more than I expected. (I could get the discount coupon for Rossman.) They approach to me first all the time and check every single details around me and all the hotel guests as well. It looks very nice and professional. The location was very good. Nympenburg Palace was close, walkable distance about 7 mins. Also very quiet and peaceful around, it was super good to stay here. If you are going to stay in this hotel, you should enjoy breakfast. Menu is good, staffs are kind. They try to make everything you want, so you will be very satisfied every morning. Overall it was perfect staying. If I visit Munich again, I will stay here again. Thank you so much for the hard work. :-)

Bathroom was small, but I'm on vacation, not spending time in the bathroom.

Staff were extremely helpful and interested with the guests. All the local recommendations were spot on. Would stay there again without question.

A bit small room. Longish distance to downtown.

Flawless wifi. Close to the wonderful Nymfenburger park & castle. Perfect if you want to stay in quiet environment and decide when go downtown.

The only negative comment I can make is that the rooms are a bit small, and I had to book 2 rooms for the 3 of us.

Wonderful friendly staff, perfect setting with free parking; Close to the city but situated in a quiet neighborhood. Two block walk to Nymphenburg Palace (a great place to take a walk or go for a run), 5 blocks from the largest Beer garden in Germany, and a short tram ride to downtown. Comfortable rooms with updated bathrooms, good water pressure which is important to me because I have long hair :) Good value for the accommodations and location. This was my second stay at this hotel, and will definitely stay here again if I return to Munich.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Very soft mattresses are not for me... but that's just a matter of individual taste.

'Laimer Hof' is a beautiful house with history just a couple of minutes away from Nymphenburg Palace. The big plus of the hotel is without a shadow of a doubt the charming host Sébastien and his crew who are very devoted to their jobs. Whenever you have a question this guy is your man!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Some of the rooms are very very small and uncomfortable and even we had booked a double room, the room was prepared for a single customer only. No 2nd Towels set and no coverlet. The hotel is too far from city center (20€ for a single trip). When you save the taxi costs and add the 40€ to the hotel budget you will get a 5 stars hotel in the heart of Munich.

The staff is nice, friendly and helpful. The house and the rooms are clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The location was a little odd for the character of the property. Old historical building mixed in with office and residential.

Friendly staff. Great room (suite). Excellent restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The rooms are very small, but comfortable. Breakfast was an additional cost, but well worth it.

The staff was amazing, especially Jan who went above and beyond to assist us. If you want to go to a place in which you feel like you are royalty, and treated appropriately this is your place! Location is great as it is enough out of the city to feel among the locals but close enough to everything.

The hotel is a unique historical building that is refreshing after staying in the major chain hotels. Sebastian is an excellent host who is a whole part of the charm of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Wonderfully helpful and hospitable staff. Good local facilities and restaurants. Excellent location for Nymphenburg and easy public transport options to the city.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

A really wonderful place! Very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. The room was nice, comfortable and clean. I stayed only one night but wish my stay was longer-had a great rest. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The room we had was very small and the bathroom was a very tight squeeze. You could barely fit one person in there and good job I'm small!

Owners were very helpful and friendly. The location was great.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Room was a bit on the small side for four nights, but we managed. The internet was a bit bothersome...you had to log in each time you used they system. So over four days, we did a lot of logging in....

The couple who run the hotel are exceptionally helpful and personable. Breakfast was very nice (an additional 10 euros per person). Quiet charming neighborhood with Nymphenburg, restaurants, grocery, beer garden and public transportation in the close vacinity.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

There's no lift - just stairs. It's in a real neighborhood and with windows open in a European summer you get the sounds of that neighborhood.

Location was not too close to central city (but very accessible via Munich metro), uniquely situated in a residential neighborhood with some real character and charm, and walkable to major attractions (Nymphenberg Palace complex and Hirschgarten area). Staff was super friendly and supportive after red eye flight to get us checked in, rested, and ready to enjoy the city. B&B feel. Great value.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The room was very small. Although we were told rooms in Europe were small, this was definitely our smallest. The room also didn't have air conditioning however, it was cool while we were there and we didn't need it.

I liked being a bit outside of the city and walking to the train station. I also thought the staff was mostly helpful. There were personal touches that wouldn't be found in a larger hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Room was compact but adequate, since we were out sightseeing.

Quiet, residential property. Easy tram ride to city center. Staff is very helpful and attentive.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Such a wonderful stay and gracious hosts. I was in very early after an all night flight, and they were able to accommodate me, which gave me a chance to rest and wash up before heading out to see Munich. Great location. I didn't have a car and was able to see much of Munich with this as a base. I only wish my stay was longer

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

The staff was super friendly and helpful: they had e.g. the public transport tickets ready and helped with restaurant recommendations. Also the location was really nice: We came by car from Munich Intl Airport and it helped a lot when we didn't have to drive to city centre at all. Anyway it took only about 7 minutes by bus / train to city centre. Short walking distance from Schloss Nymphenburg was naturally also a positive thing.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Would have loved tea and coffee making facilities in the room

A little out of town but easy to get to by tram. In a lovely area near the palace and easy walk to a beer garden that has great meals and atmosphere. Absolutely top grade staff.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Small television and the rooms are a little on small side but that wouldn't stop me staying here again. Good value for money.

Such friendly hosts and quiet suburb location. Breakfast is excellent. The rooms are a little basic but perfectly adequate and we'd definitely stay here again. Sebastian is so friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The bed we slept in wasn't very comfortable.

The staff were amazing, they helped with public transport, gave guidance on what to do and how to get there and we're always super friendly. Above and beyond anything I have seen. Location is great, close to good restaurants, and not far from the subway.

There was no air conditioning, and it is hot and humid in Europe.

The front desk guy was great!

Amazingly friendly staff and fantastic location! Very welcoming!

Nice friendly staff and comfortable room

a wide variety of choices from meat and cheese, breakfast cereal, scrambled eggs, bread and even pretzels!

Friendly staff! Homely place, really near a beautiful castle and nice restaurants

Staff is amazing. Very well informed and speak multiple languages. Breakfast is very very tasty and complete

Parking place is for 4 cars only. You may have to find a spot on the street.

Clean, quite and well located.

Great Location, free parking, welcome drink, great breakfast and very comfortable room. Sebastian was a fantastic host! We'll come back again!

The room was a bit small (it was a single room). There was no desk or chair in the room...

It was very quiet... And the staff was wonderful...

Clean, friendly staff, quiet, close to public transport, good breakfast

Slightly dated but clean No lift so difficult with young child

Staff 5* couldn’t do more to help Great value for money

small rooms

Kind and amazing staff. The hote is in a quiet residential zone and is only 10 minutes by tram from the city centre.

Elevator missing - with luggage difficult. But friendly staff offered help straight away.

Proximity to public transport and Munich castle.

Wonderful hotel. The staff was perfection!!!!

Comfortable, great service at the desk and very clean.

Sebastian was an excellent "host" prior to and during our stay. We could not have asked for better hospitality!

We would have liked harder mattresses but then this is a matter of personal taste.

Wonderful location, very friendly staff.

The owner and manager is one of the nicest people on earth! He is worth the stay alone.

Room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was very nice and the staff was helpful, welcoming and friendly.

Bed comfort was below average

Personnel very polite and respectful Calmness

the service was very friendly and efficient both prior to our visit and during our stay. Room are simple but very clean and had everything we needed

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017