Reviews of Flair Hotel Schwanen This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Rheinstraße 50, 79415 Bad Bellingen, Germany

#19 of 28 hotels in Bad Bellingen

A bit underwhelmed

Even when the hotel met my requirements, I was a bit underwhelmed with the whole experience. I didn't feel very warmly welcomed when the reception insisted on removing one the duvets from the bed because I had booked a double room with single occupancy. Although probably correct, this never happened to me before. The room was clean and decent with balcony and small bathroom. But for the price I had expected a bit more than a very basic room in the back even when I booked the lowest category. Breakfast was also fairly simple; decent but by no means opulent.

I chose the hotel because it was a good location for my stopover on the way to Switzerland. Luckily there was still one (free) parking spot available when I arrived. I did not try the restaurant in the hotel. Perhaps I should have because I read good reviews of it. All in all, for my stopover it was good choice but as a tourist I would not consider the same room in the same hotel.

Lovely picturesque village location

The village is beautiful and very well kept. It would be a great base for a touring holiday of the area. The restaurant served great food and the staff were helpful in helping us understand the menu as we are not German speaking.

I was on my way back home (to the Netherlands) hen I decided...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I was on my way back home (to the Netherlands) hen I decided to have a quick stop at a hotel and get some rest. I found the hotel and it completely exceeded my expectations. I arrive later in the evening, just before the staff was leaving the office. It was such a friendly guy who was interested, kind and took his time to welcome me. The room was exceptionally clean and was equip with modern facilities. Unfortunately I had to leave early in the morning, which was kind of hard waking up in such a comfortable bed. Anyhow, big thumbs up for this unexpected but beautiful hotel and service!

We would not recommend this hotel for family in summer time.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It was too hot on the first second floor, under the roof (30 deg C in the room). No airco, no fans. Two tiny windows without mosquito net. There was no sofa to sit on, no chairs for watching TV.

It was good to stay in a family room for one night. The facility was close to the motorway.

Expectations broken by reality

It was +35C outside and mini bar inside was out of order. Hotel staff told us that it is not possible to fix the mini bar fast (our stay was 5 days!) and offered to put our food and drinks in refregirator in restaurat kitchen. "Nice idea" especially when kitchen is closed at 8pm and staff leave hotel at 9pm latest and you would like to rest in the room with comfort not running around for your coke. Breakfast handled worst bread in the area, coffee was also the worst in Badden Wuttemberg (knowing this area for the best bread&coffee in the Europe). Staff was not friendly - always pushing us on the breakfast "which table to take", pushing us on the check out - knocking at the door at 11 am saying that they ask us to leave because they close hotel at 12 am. Patio outside has nothing to stay (no kitchenate like glasses, or other stuff), only tables, even no ashtrays for smokers. Location of the hotel in only good for train travellers because just 5 min walking from the station. overall price is 30% higher than should be. We were charged by the hotel 2 nights before leaving without asking. We were charged for 2 breakfasts which we didn't even take.

Nothing is good for vacation in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Tidy, big room, location.

Breakfast had no fresh vegetables. Could hear the road next to the hotel. Curtains didn't cover entire window in the top-floor room.

Tidy, big room, location. Breakfast was good apart from that fresh vegetables (cucumber, tomato etc.) were missing.

A perfect stoover

Perfect stopover

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

excellent stop over for our trip from NL to Italy, also allow time to enjoy the thermal baths..

excellent stop over for our trip from NL to Italy

Excellent hotel.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Excellent hotel. Very nice, modern, room. Perfectly clean. Good restaurant. Very friendly staff. Excellent breakfast.

Very good hotel.

Clean very nice hotel.

easy to find, fast check-in and out.

the smell of dinner in the hallways.

easy to find, fast check-in and out.

close to balinea thermal bath with reduced price

more than two hours for a simple diner

very good breakfast good cooking at restaurant good wine

Tidy and clean room

Staffs are professionals and helpfull

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Excellent restaurant.

Excellent restaurant.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

staff were very friendly, a coach party were dining so the...

There is not much in the area. Only 1 hand towel was left between two adults - fortunately the linen cupboard was close by so was able to get additional. Close to train station for trains to Basel and Freiburg.

staff were very friendly, a coach party were dining so the staff were very busy on arrival but dealt with us as soon as possible. Room was nice

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

We stopped here for one night on our way to Zermatt.

nothing.

We stopped here for one night on our way to Zermatt. The room was big, clean and comfortable. The resturant downstairs was a lifesaver as we got in kind of late. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

This small spa-town is nicely located between the Rhine and...

The only weak point of the hotel is the weird wifi connection which is unstable and quite often doesnt work at all.

This small spa-town is nicely located between the Rhine and the Schwarzwald. The hotel is great for families travelling with children and with seniors. The food is magnificent, the service is very good and friendly. It was a pleasure to stay here and I am already looking to visiting the place again.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Clean, good location, breakfast was ok and staff helpful

Clean, good location, breakfast was ok and staff helpful

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

A Friendly and clean hotel, well located in the center of a...

A Friendly and clean hotel, well located in the center of a small village.

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.