Reviews of Hotel Landgut Ochsenkopf This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Ochsenkopf 56, 06901 Rotta, Germany

#1 of 1 hotels in Rotta

Quaint and dated

Someting to take into account is that reception really closes at 20h. Calling to explain I was arriving late was challenging as they do not speak any English. During my stay a younger man working there seemed to understand some of what I said but seemed quite irritated at having to help me in any way. For the rest, the staff was polite. The rooms are small and dated but clean.

The hotel is located in the middle of a beautiful forest.

Grumpy old man.

One older staff member clearly didn't like us although we were perfectly behaved. We were the only non-Germans there and I wondered if he just didn't like them. We spoke basic German and were friendly and polite but he treated us very rudely, ignoring us and only grudgingly got our bill, completed the process very slowly and coldly. He didn't respond to any of my attempts to please him. The other staff were polite, if a little wary. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for non-Germans, which is a pity as it was lovely.

Beautiful location in the middle of a forest. Authentic German experience

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Really great place!

The location was a bit difficult to reach

Really great place! I will come back when I have a car next time .