Reviews of Landhaus Sonne 3 stars

#1 of 2 hotels in Lieg

9.8

9.9

9.7

The hotel is located at the end of a quiet street overlooking a deep forested ravine. There is a nice terrace and garden with ample seating. The rooms are not very large but convenient and attractively quaint. Ours had a separate little 'living room' with a sofa, table, chairs and TV which in former times may have been a balcony. I found this good for reading/working after my son went to bed. The swimming pool was large and well maintained. The breakfast buffet was varied and well-stocked. A large fridge in the breakfast room served as communal mini-bar throughout the day. The owners were delightfully hospitable, without being obtrusive, from the moment we checked in until we left for home. Contrary to the experience of another visitor, I got along without any problems using English. Perhaps because my German is so wonderfully broken that the staff switched to English out of compassion. The location was good for half-day and day excursions in the Mosel area with Eltz castle (our target) being a 25 minute drive away. The Geierley suspension bridge which is located nearby was a pleasant surprise and an interesting experience in itself. For dinner, we found a good restaurant in the neighboring village of Lahr, 2 km away. The name escapes me, but it was in a small hotel. Travelling with a 3-year old, I found a nice playground on the river-front down by the Mosel in Treis-Karden. I will stay here again if visiting the region in the future.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room in Guest House

Everything was perfect. I never saw and met so friendly and helpful people like the owners of this hotel. For those who are searching for beautiful nature, peace and quite place and who enjoy in long walks, this will be the perfect place!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

No English speaking staff rooms a bit smaller than we had expected Free bottle of water only at first day

good location near to forest, ideal for making a walk Quiet area, great weather we had parking place for car Internet

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

No evening restaurant

Excellent family run hotel with the bonus of an indoor popl

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

That I didn't have more time

The staff went beyond the normal, friendly and helpful, the price is crazy good.

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.