Reviews of Hotel Lechnerhof This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Eichenweg 4 - Unterföhring, 85774 Munich, Germany

#68 of 349 hotels in Munich

I was placed in the annex which is an old separate building rather than what they show on the website. No AC / heating on cool nights and no lift. Very expensive at the time of a major trade fair (like every other hotel in the city). Not really deserving of the high star rating. Overall quite ordinary. Breakfast did not keep pace with demand. There is no restaurant in the hotel but there is one next door.

The town is quiet and the hotel a 5 minute walk to the train station between the airport and the city.

The room was outside the hotel The Hotel proposes a totally insufficient laundry service. Do not use it !!!! I had a very very bad experience. I paid even if my dress has not been washed !!!! and the answer of Hotel team has been..it is not our my business... Sincerly it is not an answer I want to hear from a 4 stars Hotel.

Breakfast very good Room was very clean

Personal taste but there was a strange net curtain draped around our double bed which was a bit odd and dated -it was sheer so wasn't for privacy and assume merely decorative. It will attract dust and personal opinion the room would look better without it

Very comfortable beds in very spacious room. Staff very attentive to needs and the breakfast was excellent.

The moquette in my room wasn't very clean and a small dust bunny that greeted from the flor when I arrived, remained there on his place for the whole four days of my stay.

The position is ok for reaching one of the companies located in Unterföhring: 15 minutes walk.

Everything was good or great

Very friendly and helpfull staff. Very uncomplicated and accomodating. The room was preheated. Not like in most other Hotels where its freezing when you get to your room. Did not have to pay extra for parking. Just what we where looking for can only recomend!

The room was not very clean as I checked in. Dust on the furniture and especially someone's hairs in the bath is not what you expect from 4* hotel. It made a bad impression at the beginning, though the bath was cleaned later after my complaint. Everyday cleaning service was okay. There was no wifi in the room (only WLAN), and I learned about it only after arrival. I had to go to the main building each time to get access to the Internet.

Breakfast was really good, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a good variety of leaf tea. Everything was very tasty. The service during breakfast was also good. The room was large enough and comfortable, the bed was cozy. The area is very quiet, so it is good for sleep.

Outlook traditional and interior in the room was newly renovated so that room was really comfortable, clean, and warm. Receptionist is so kind. The quality of breakfast was excellent. We felt the place like home. The parking space is big enough and convenient.

The bathroom was a little on the small side but manageable .

Excellent breakfast and coffee,plenty of choice,hot food made fresh and not usually sitting long.Decent beds and warm room.Excellent staff.

For such a price I would await a better quality of accommodation and faster wifi.

The stuff is really friendly. Place is near to S bahn, airport and a highway. Breakfast is very good. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable.

There was no air conditioning so the room was too warm for sleeping even in the end of September. Two different persons were serving breakfast on different days and the other was systematically very slow with the gluten free bread - to wait bread 10-15 minutes was inconvenient.

The hotel was able to provide gluten-free bread for breakfast. Hotel was in quiet surroundings. We also liked the "gasthaus" style of the hotel.

TV was not functioning properly, carpet needed some spot cleaning and our room was overheated.

Breakfast was really great in variety of foods and service. Very easy access to the center of the town and out of the Munich area. Our bed was adequate.

I am still thinking about that... Nothing yet

I only have good things to say about our stay at Hotel Lechnerhof. The staff was helpful. The location is quiet and still not too far from Munich. You'll pay a little more pesos than expected but it's worth it. Thank you

They charged parking lot even I didn’t use. The receptionist was very rude, base on her when I booked I ask for parking lot. So I have to pay for.

Good breakfast

The front desk staff was alway friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast had something for everyone liking from cold plates of fruit and cold cuts to hot eggs and sausage. I loved my stay here and felt very comfortable.

The Hotel Lechnerhof is a beautiful hotel in Unterföhring, a short S-Bahn ride from Marienplatz or the airport. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Also, breakfast included traditional Bavarian Weißwurst.

Although bathroom was clean, there was very little room to move. At first we had some trouble with the wi-fi connection but it was solved quickly. Might not be in good location for travelers without a car.

The bathroom was really well cleaned and prepared. I liked the mirrors in the bathroom. Breakfast offered great variety of foods. It was also possible to use wi-fi. It was really easy to find the hotel by navigating with Google Maps.

What shall we miss or regret ? that our staying was too short to fully enjoy all the facilities of this very nice hotel !! another detail, the address of the hotel on the map, one has to be careful by entering it on the GPS as one has to mention as city Unterföhring and not München as Unterföhring is a district of the city, as we got the very bad surprise that the GPS brought us to an entirely different place as we put München as the city.

The location, very quiet, the cleanliness of the room and facilities, the very good breakfast, the fact that despite a very late arrival at 2.00 AM, the hotel owner has informed us what to do exactly in order to get into the hotel. What shall we miss or regret ? that our staying was too short to fully enjoy all the facilities of this very nice hotel !!

No AC.... didn't know they didn't have the AC and arriving in middle of July with no AC was rough. Asked the desk if they had a some sort of fan for my kids multiple days.... they all replied "yes of course, we'll check it for you. We'll put it in your room when the service person gets in." We ended up going to the store and purchased a fan for ourselves.

It was definitly a good place for the family. The room was big enough that my baby was able to walk around the room. Plenty of space. The hotel it self is not too far from downtown Munich. We were able to do everything that we wanted to do w/o spending a lot of time in traffic.

We had 2 first floor rooms, so we were not comfortable leaving the windows open at night. However, it was July and was quite warm. Portable fans in each room would be very nice and not too expensive!

Breakfast was excellent and the coffee was the best I have ever had! The rooms were very nice - spacious, updated and clean.

All good- a real gem!

Quiet location near English Garden/river/station. We had arrived from NZ and wanted a quiet location with green spaces for walking. Elegant good sized room. Friendly welcome. Great breakfast on terrace. Fantastic friendly Italian-owned Italian restaurant, 4 minutes walk- we ate there 3 times in a week!! Also, beer garden and meals next door-photo. Short walk to station- we pulled our cases OK. Easy trip to straight to centre. We would stay here again. We hired bikes from Mike's Bikes in Centre - good 5 day rate- and biked through English Garden everyday.

As a four star hotel it is a bit under my expectation: First, I reserved for a double bed room (there is an option for that) but when I arrived the staff told me there was only twin bed rooms available. I understand it could happen sometimes but you should let me know in advance; Second, the wifi was not working at my room and when I told the lady at the reception she reacted like I was lying. Third, I was told the breakfast was from 7-11 am, but there was already no warm food by 10 am and the staffs refused to provide more...

the rooms are clean

Air conditioning in all of the rooms would make it much more comfortable in the summer.

Best coffee I have ever had! Stayed here with my family of 5. We had 2 rooms and had a wonderful stay. The rooms were a little warm, but that was our only issue.

I was force to stay a night in Munich due to cancelled flights. The host was kind enough to rent us room , although it was booked after working hours. (I was able to get put of airport around midnight, after I have rebooked my flight for the next day). I am very grateful, that we waited for me and my companion in the night. He does not needed to do it. In the morning when I was finally rested enough to notice anything, I saw really good hotel. Breakfast was great.

Lovely outside terrace for breakfast and very nice food. Room was comfy and modern. Good TV with English channels. Lovely shower and room also had A/C which helped in the hot weather.

Nothing , was all very good

Lovely location, excellent parking for the bikes, very clean hotel and very friendly staff. Breakfast was very good and the rooms were very spacious with an excellent bathroom.

Checkout took a long time as only once place at reception. Expensive, but then there was a fair in town.

Good choice at breakfast. Not an overly large hotel so it still has a good character.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Free wifi nor the automatic paid one did not work. Ask for the voucher one from the reception. High quality hotel should not keep that bad service alive. My room was a bit small though comfortable.

Good breakfast, precisely cooked eggs and crunchy croissants. Fresh fruits. Cozy with professional service. Nice Italian restaurant close by. Nice to stroll by the river. Silence helped to have good sleep.

The bathroom was litterally like a sauna with unadjustable underfloor heating and as a consequence the bedroom was far too hot even with the room heating switched off. The furniture and decor was very dated, 90's. At the checkout the blond receptionist tried to add 200E extra for our small children. I explained that the kids were included in the booking and showed her the booking.com confirmation but it was no good, i was told that 'I' would need to contact booking.com. After a little stand-off and the mention of police I actually had to log on to the booking.com website to show her the booking for my family. She laughed when i asked her if all their customers were treated so badly. When she actknowledged that my booking was indeed correct, no apology was offered and I was told that they needed to contact booking.com. I will not be staying here again nor recommending it to any family or friends.

Good breakfast selection and the breakfast staff were very friendly. Bedroom was clean and had a wifi signal.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Breakfast rather basic, with limited choice for vegetarians. Wi-fi very slow, barely managed to get a Skype call (which would be interrupted if I opened a web page in the same time). No shops near by for any basic needs. The toilet, although clean, had an unsanitary smell. Very small (3x3m) exercise area (gym would be too much to say). Sauna is for a separate cost.

Good size room, close to businesses where I had to go to, close to S-Bahn. Nice shower, with colour therapy. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

everything was perfect even for breakfast but due to many customers we were obliged to have breakfast at same table... but nevertheless ok

everything very comfortable place kind staff

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Breakfast: few refills, not a great quality or choice, smallest glasses ever seen for juice Don't like the bath tub in the open

Clean and great staff

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Everything close before midnight, breakfast was very nice but I got bad stomach afterward and we skipped it the next day.

German style in a small cozy area. We rented a car and parking was free.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

- far from the town, difficult to reach with public transport - They don't take the room description they provide to seriously. Especially if you arrive late at night or they think it would be hard for you to find another hotel you can find yourself in another room than that you've booked - No AC, not even a fan ... beware during hot summer days

- Quiet surroundings

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

The hotel is quite far from the centre of Munich, but it is very close to Munich Airport (MUC).

Free WiFi, but it did not work very well in the room. I got a bigger room than I expected. Very helpful staff. S-bahn train, taking you straight to Munich Airport (MUC) or to the centre of Munich, the closest train station is only a 5 minute quick walk from this hotel.

No aircon except on 3rd floor and that was not enough to cool the room without open windows

Very friendly staff and excellent breakfast

Excellent breakfast and set up for indoor or outdoor seating.

Asked for double bed got twin beds, but they did not charge for the dog,

Good location, friendly staff, very clean. Very nice hotel.

Poor bar area + some staff were a little rude

Good location to trade show

The Old room in the Otter building

The Service of The friendly people

The staff was very friendly and helpfull - breakfast was good and all the facilities (+ parking) where really more than ok.

double beds instead of king bed

comfort, silence, food

Good location, but the room was too expensive.

Perfect working WiFi, very nice and helpful personal, good breakfast

Superb staff. Nothing too much effort.

Poor wi-fi service. High prices

Good breakfast service

Should have been told about the renovations. When spending $320 a night as a customer for over 8 years.

Very friendly reception team. Large and comfortable rooms. Excellent breakfast.

In room Wifi signal pretty weak

Good traditional Bavarian hospitality

The floor carpet could be _less_ dusty :/

The staff was very helpful.

Very good breakfast, wide tea selection and delicious fresh honey. Close to the metro station.

Nice and comfy! Great breakfast!

Greate bacon during breakfast!!!

The service at the restaurant during breakfast

The reception staff were so friendly and helpfull

The staff were helpful and courteous The room was clean

Professional staff. The hotel is very close to the Metro Station and no need to drive for visiting Munich. Real 4 stars room, comfortable and clean.

Found spiders in our room.

The eggs and all the morning food was great! The staff was friendly and more then willing to help you.

No air-conditioning. If you come in July, ask for a fan.

Their breakfast is just excellent. We eat everything and were excited to wake up early. 😍👌🏽

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

nothing I can think of.

Vey good breakfast. Possible to park outside the room on arrival and departure. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Gracious hosts, good breakfast

Coffee

The Natural Honey

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Super clean place with a good breakfast.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Fab breakfast. Great location.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Extremely cold room (9 degrees), missing towels, noisy place right in front of the main door. Very small toilet.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Cooking smells in room.

Breakfast and lovely staff.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Free wifi was very slow. Cleaning wasn't that good either

The pillows were too soft for my liking and the room was a little too hot.

The staff were very friendly and very helpful

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Breakfast very good

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

the restaurant only provides breakfast and no other meal.

Night service.

All

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The breakfast was good an the rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Quality rooms with good beds and bathroom

Browse Hotel Lechnerhof traveller photo gallery