Reviews of Hotel-Maison Am Adenauerplatz This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Brandenburgische Str. 37, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10707 Berlin, Germany

#513 of 579 hotels in Berlin

There was building renovation going on and construction workers where walking on scaffolding right outside our window on the 3rd floor.

Really old and fascinating interior, extremely spacious, very close to U-bahn.

This is a charming querky hotel. The room was spacious and comfortable. The location is more peaceful than many parts of Berlin and good for West Berlin as the U-bahn station is only a short walk away. The surroundings are pleasant with several cafes and restaurants nearby.

In general the price vs quality was fine. Women working at the hotel were very helpful but there was one man who was very rude and for this I would not go again.

• Family Room

- Family room is much smaller than in the pictures, and looks different (worse) - No proper air conditioning (old building) - No baby cot available - Gave only one set of keys for 4 people to the room In summary, was fine for a stay, but will choose a different option during my next stay

- Good location - Price was fine for family room - Breakfast was decent - Staff was friendly - You can park right next to hotel (street parking), price is 1€ / hour, be sure you’ve coins

No shower. Curtains were dirty. Windows were dirty, in and outside. Mattress old. They deducted the money upfront even though it was supposed to be paid at checkout and only when calling them did they see it.

Convenient location. Staff is very friendly.

The bathroom sink was dirty and the guy that served the breakfast looked like was controlling how much we ate.

The receptionist was very polite even gave us a treat for my dogs, the bedroom was really nice and comfortable and the neighborhood was great.

Building is old. This gives a lovely feel but decor was tired and bed not very comfortable. The room was slightly musty and it made my son sneeze. Great for a few nights but I would want more comfort for longer.

Location is excellent. Room was a good size and double glazed so not unduly noisy. Staff were helpful and WiFi fine.

• Family Room

Our two children complained that the sofa bed wasn’t particularly comfortable. The tv was small but that didn’t bother us. There were no English channels. This is more of an observation rather than a complaint as we were not staying there to watch television.

I loved the vintage style of the hotel. It feels old, charming and atmospheric. The lift is amazing. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a great range in the continental style. The high ceiling rooms were elegantly decorated and our room was everything we needed it to be - somewhere to sleep. That said, we would have been happy to have spent more time there but we were far too busy. The location being a two minute walk from the subway was perfect. Loads of bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk.

Horrible WiFi signal - only near the door and still weak :( Not a very good soundproofing - I woke up when a neighbor was closing his door. TV is a joke - too small for 2018 year. Payment - only by cash (<50€). For me it means a real price of the room 13% more. Cold room without any extra blankets :(

Interesting interior.

• Studio Apartment

very unkind and unwelcome hotel . The manager At breakfast look at you like you are a burden on him ...They are not at all Tourist freindly .....worst housekeeping ,,,the lift was down for 3 days ....very unproffesional Hotel ...

The floors are made of wood. So at various places in the hotel you can hear the screeching of the floors when the other guests come and go. Especially when they go up and down the stairs. (But, i got used to thst very quickly).

Very close to the Ku'damm street. Just 1 minute walk to the Adenauerplatz underground train station and 5 minutes walk to the Charlottenburg S-bahn.

No way can this establishment be called a hotel. It is like renting a room in a tenement building. The reception can only be reached by walking down the street from the entrance to where the rooms are. This also where breakfast is served. Not good. There are absolutely no facilities in the room; no coffee/tea making kit, no bottle of water, NOTHING. Tiny TV maybe more suitable for a caravan. Very dim lighting via table lamps. No overhead lights. Tired and worn furniture. Mattresses were totally worn out, lumpy and uncomfortable. The wardrobe was a hole in the wall. The locks on the doors where a complete joke, especially the main one used for access off the street. Entrance and stairwell was dark and gloomy. Breakfast, whilst passable was overseen by an elderly German gentleman who seemed to be there to intimidate the guests from taking too much of the buffet by constantly staring at us whilst we were selecting our food. Big problem; you cannot pay for breakfast via credit/debit card. Cash is insisted upon every day before you eat (cheaper buffet breakfast over the road!). The most serious problem as far as we were concerned was that our money was taken from our account over a month in advance of our stay. This was compounded by the fact that the booking confirmation stated that NO monies would be taken prior to our stay. This is a gross misuse of our credit facility, which I object to most strongly and which Booking.com should take and hold some responsibility for. This establishment could not have received any kind of inspection from Booking.com otherwise it would not be on their list! I urge anyone travelling to the beautiful city of Berlin to stay well clear this terrible place. Oh yes! There is no bar or drinks available so if you did want a drink you need to go out to the local bars. Booking.com - this is not good enough.

Location is good, right next to the main Kurfustendam ,bus and U- bahn station. Bathroom OK.

Stayed in a double room that was very out dated no carpets old wooden floor that would have been ok if had been cleaned once in a while .no tea or coffee making facilities and even though we had a double bed we was only given 2 single quilts and the mattress was uncomfortable.paid in advance for breakfast which we only had on the first morning but was made to feel uncomfortable buy a rude and unprofessional member of staff ! so we went to a cafe for breakfast for the rest of our stay

I expect a nice room, but we got a very cold room. I was very "Surprise" when some one from reception or hotel workers, without my consent, come to my room and bug my beds. If i not asking, never do like this. What you do in room when ours was not?

Delicious breakfast.

The locks are a nightmare, going into the corridor to the room and the lock to the room. We got locked out a few times. Bed kept moving and had a giant gap in the middle. No choice of cleaners actually coming in your room or not.

Completely surprised us with the fact there was a balcony and a kitchen area! As we thought it was just a hotel room.

No big light in the room, only lamps, had to get ready in the dark!

Excellent location, lots of bars and restaurants near, easy access to underground and train station.

• Family Room

Definitely the discription on the booking.com is wrong and must be corrected. I took this hotel because it says that in family rooms there may be bathtub,and it show photos,too. But at the hotel i was told that the family rooms with bathtub is not suitable for 3 adults and 2 small children. If you search a room under this configuration of guests and you get the the family room as their offer together with photos of bathtub, automatically you believe the chance to get it. But it is not real. So please check this out so that nobody dessapoints arriving at the hotel. Another point was that I ddiscused with one of the receptiabouts about her attitude to attend her clients but the others were fine. Also rooms are a bit dark, i would recommend more brighter lights.

The location is very good, close to bus and metro connection to everywhre. Iluminated shopping avenue kurfstendam street is one block. Even our small children of 2 and 4 years old could bear daily trip to touristic sites because they didnt have to walk so much.

very noisy, can hear neighbours walking, talking, etc. room seemed to be a bit smokey, my clothes smelled a bit funny afterwards

beautiful old building

No safe in the rooms - you have to pay and put items in the manager's safe.

The rooms were very nice, and once you were in them they had a modern feel. The bathrooms looked like they were recently modernised. Breakfast was a nice selection of cooked meats and eggs, as well as continental cold options. Great location.

The room was too dark and there was no desk or balcony access as promised at the time of booking. The guests in the next room were noisy. Also, when I moved a bedside table it was absolutely filthy underneath, which must have been an oversight because generally the place seemed very clean.

The bed was great, as was the bathroom, the blackout curtains etc. and the check-in/out. It is also very private.

I think the Hotel team checked so many times my room when I was having my breakfast. I felt myself in a certain way as an intruder because of the way that the team was looking at me and my girlfriend. Something like if we were destroying the room and stealing things... (We didn't)

The room was really nice and well decorated. Really comfy and cozy! The breakfast was also nice.

• Family Room

The hotel is located in a beautiful old building. It is possibly not to everyones taste but we loved it. The room was nicely decorated and big with a balcony. Staff were efficient and friendly. The breakfast was excellent with lots to choose from.

Got locked in my room! No apologies from the Staff! Instead they threatened they’ll call the police if I don’t shut up after complaining! NOT the first time I had horrible experience with narcissistic hotel staff in Berlin!

It’s cold without access to thermostat Curtains to small for the windows so light goes threw a lot Mattress is old and flat in the middle Blankets smaller than the bed Noisy, When your neighbor opens his door you have the impression he’ll sit on your bed. I checked out 1h late because I wasn’t advice the check out time by staff neither in the room docs, and the staff got really rude because under pressure of their visibly frustrated boss.

Price

My credit card was charged in full soon after initial booking. The reception is not connected with bedrooms. There is not a 24 hour staff presence. Not enough room to wash my face above the sink. No safe in room. No comfortable seat in room. No fire/emergency info on show in room. Fire exit was blocked by two folding beds.

Friendly and helpful staff. Good wi-fi. Very high level of cleanliness throughout. Public transport links. Local amenities: supermarket, food shops and excellent family run pub style restaurant directly opposite.

Reception/breakfast room are in a different space than the rooms. No staff is present between 10 pm and 8 am. The price was on the high side for the type of accomodation.

Room was quiet, clean, cute and very comfortable. Staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was quite generous. Public transportation is easily accessible.

Four keys are needed to enter a room. The staff at the restaurant for breakfast was not at all friendly, he did not even try to communicate with the customers who cannot speak German. I saw many people standing by the reception after 10. Need to be aware that reception desk closes at 10 pm.

Awful staff and owner. The hotel owner very aggressively accused me that I damaged their safe (!!!) (incorrectly entered the code), and then extorted 150 euro from me only to open the safe back. And as I was informed, this is not the first such event in this hotel. Also noticed that all the staff and owner speaks Russian with each other. Draw your conclusions from this. I am very experienced traveler but this happened to me for the first , and I hope for the last time.

1. Baby bed was no provided despite we announced we were traveling with a little baby. 2. Once we arrived to the hotel the girl in the reception was not very interested in orienting us about parking. She only said that we should pay the permit at the hotel and then go outside to get a place. She never mentioned that there were some free parking places near by, what we finally found by ourselves.

Breakfast was delicious and very well elaborated. We also enjoyed too much the spacious room.

• Family Room

The lighting in the room was very very poor and there was only 1 chair in room and 1 on balcony, for 4 of us. Toiletries a bit basic but adequate. Balcony door creaked loudly and was tricky to walk through as bed in the way.

Old fashioned hotel, friendly staff and nice breakfast. Room had a balcony and room showed original features from 1930s. Good access to u ban, s ban, buses and sightseeing buses. Not too noisy for city centre location and above 2 bars. Bathroom was adequate and lots of towels provided by housekeeping staff. Kept nice and clean.

Extremely expensive for the service provided. As the city was fully booked during the holiday period and the reservation was done a bit too late we had to live with it.

good location, breakfast was ok. loved the city.

Rooms are way too small - same size like the bathroom and not because the bathroom was too big. Doors are not solid at all and you can hear everything that is happening in the corridor. I also expected more for close to EUR 200 per night. TV was small like 17inch screen.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Location is also not so bad with some good restaurants in the area.

Very old-style hotel. The building is probably 100+ years old. If you like big rooms with high ceilings and old furniture you will be satisfied. Photos do not lie here :) Very good breakfast. Good choice of snacks Rooms are clean - hard to find any sigh of dust

Bed was sagging Room needed cleaning and some serious TLC Old building, but why does one need 4 keys to get to your room? Bring your earplugs!

Location was good

I really don't like the fact that even if I payed everything on my check- in at the property, my money I used to book the room on Booking are still locked on my Visa. I know it's a procedure but I don't like it, it's a really discomfort!!! Also I didn't have the chance to use free wifi because it didn't function in my room, was very slow and sometimes my device didn't find the line!!! Also I dind't like the man who manages breakfast, just make me anxious because he always look at the people while they were taking something, while they were eating. It seemed I was stole something but....I payed for my breakfast so......He also practically threw me out of the table (even if there was no one waiting to sit down). I can't say it's not a nice place to stay...But he certainly lowers the score of the property!

I really like the position of the hotel, and also the property is so nice. Receptionists are also more friendly and helpful.

• Family Room

THE wooden BED and WOOD FLOORING WAS MAKING so much noise... Cracking and of timber flooring was waking us up at night and in the morning. Very bad sound insulation from other rooms with also noisy cracking

The location is great next to Adenauer UBahn and Kudam st. Breakfast was good. Great big family room and bathroom for 4 people was nice except sleeping sofa for 2 young adults was not very comfortable. Sound insulation is really bad, too bad

• Family Room

The room was over a restaurant with outdoor seating, and so when we opened the windows for some cool air, we also got the smoke. We left the window closed the second night, so a fan might have been really helpful here.

Stayed in a four person room and it was a decent size and quite comfortable. We liked the old fashioned style of the room, and thought that the bathroom was cute and had a tub that was a nice size. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and provided a great breakfast every morning.

We found the beds and pillows quite uncomfortable. After long days of sightseeing it was hard to be comfortable in the beds.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Facilities are clean and uniquely decorated. Plenty of space in the rooms to accommodate three adults.

• Family Room

During booking process the hotel sugested in a non-standard way a free breakfast included, but after getting a booking confirmation there was no mention about it. After arrival when i was trying to explain the situation with reception desk, the person did not want to discuss my point. I have not received any feedback on e-mail for my inquiry regarding car parking. Mattresses were uncomfortable. No amenities in the room. And despite i had more 2 weeks for free cancelation, the hotel charged my bank account instantly!

My suitcase came back with bed bugs. I now have to have whole house sprayed and wash all fabrics at 60 degrees. Only place I stayed. Case was on floor.

Location. Good shower.

The room was very cold even that the heatr is on. The bed was uncomfortble. And there is no good light inside the room if you have to read something best place is the bathroom!!!!

Location and price are good

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Family Room

You have to use 3 different keys and the key chain they give you is very heavy. It's not a great place if you're younger and want a more lively environment. Always felt uncomfortable coming in late.

I liked the location. The shower was amazing. It's rustic which I enjoyed. It's a great place if you want a quiet place.

The housekeeper stole my phone and of course that the receptionist told me that I am lying and I field a complain at the police, and the the police sad that I have very few chances to find my phone.

The breakfast it was ok

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Walls are very thin...you could hear everything that went on in the neighboring rooms- everything! Although onsite parking is available, there are limited spots and difficult to get in and out of. Could not check out as early as we would have liked because we needed to return the key for the parking facility and the reception did mI t open until 8 am.

Old building with lots of character. Easy access to public transportation. Good central location. Charming old elevator...like in an old Sherlock Holmes movie.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

We have been charged for late check in. Although we paid for this, nobody was waiting for us at the reception. We have been called on wattsap and told to pick the keys from a near-by pub. Seemed unproffessional. The rooms were nothing like in the pictures.

The position of the hotel. Really close to the U bahn station.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Can't think of anything at the moment, we were quite satisfied with everything!

Very spacious and comfortable room with extra bonus of kitchenette and refrigerator as well as safe box. Very large terrace all to ourselves...so great! I loved this location, easy to reach anywhere via public transport and even a nice walk to the Charlottenburg area which I fell in love with! The staff was very helpful, even letting us leave our bags until the early evening when we took the train to the airport.

It is not a classic hotel, there are just hotel rooms among other owner flats. Reception is dislocated. Room was full of dust, windows are old, in no condition to open. But the most annoying was bed, which caused me a lot of back pain with no sleep.

tasty, reach breakfast kind staff

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The rooms need renovation. Poor breakfast.

Surprisingly wide rooms and cosy balcony. It is great place for family trip. We lived in one room, kids in another near by, and we had a small kitchen corner. Our booked rooms was like the apartments with too rooms, two bathrooms and small kitchen with common hall.

• Family Room

The parking that the hotel offers isn't much so if you don't get there early early before other occupants renting you'll have to find your own street parking and walk.

Location was in a decent place. Rooms were nice and cozy feeling with good space for my family of 4. Had great places nearby to eat at.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Room was very dirty, I think noone clean it for a long time. Having allergy to dust - my life was not easy there. On the last day we found out that someone entered our room while we were away which should not happen because we told we do not want room service. When it comes to breakfast - everything was cold (eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage...).

Room was really big, beds very comfortable. wifi worked perfectly fine. Great localization very close to U and S Bahn.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The room was really dark. There were some noise from street traffic and neighbor guests. It was cold the first night (February) because the radiator was turned off.

Great, new bathroom. WiFi works well. Nicely decorated place.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

In winter time the room is too cold, because the windows are not closing very well, and they switch of the heater in daytime. ( I left the heater on in the morning, but the cleaning person switched of always, so we returned to a cold room in the evenings.) Even thougt it was a non smoking room, the air was fume (perhaps it comes from the hangings).

Good accessibility.There are many restaurants and shops in the area.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The elevator was out of order we had to carry our bags on second floor. The main entrance of the maison was dark and dirty with a destroyed carpet

Reception staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The check-in / out desk has limited hours. Make sure to check your travel plans match with these.

Hotel with an Air BnB feel located in a historic building with super-high ceilings. The building is old but the rooms are well maintained and super clean.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The matras!!! I couldn't sleep very good while the matras was terrible.

I liked the room very much with little kitchen and clean bathroom. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast with a lot of chooses.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

It's not worth of the price I have paid. Very old hotel with a very poor quality. The room was not good and cleaning service was very poor. The breakfast was terrible with very limited food and especially the attitude of service employee of the breakfast room was very rude towards guests.

Only location was ok.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

cleanliness, noisy room from inside and outside, no car park not easy to find parking space on neighbouring streets.... room facilities bit worn, matress had its best years, curtains need to be thrown away not just washed or cleaned...

don't know. budget place, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. but there's not easy to find place with private bathroom, that one has it.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Family Room

Reception is seperated from hotel rooms. Breakfest is in reception room, thats mean if You are going to breakfest You must go to the street with autumn dresses etc. That's mean that visiter also can go to breakfest to some bar that is situated near. Second - hotel reception don't answer to any email. I forget some things at hotel and wrote and asked to hotel's e mail adress how I can got them back but got no answer. Hotel's reaction was wery sadly.

Very good location and transport, good breakfest, good wi fi.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Family Room

a little crowded - there were too many furnitures - we were 4 people in a family room and because the sofa was open for a bed, there was no place to walk in the room because there were also 4 tables and 2 big chairs in the room. Also the room was very dark, Not enough light at all.

Good staff, good location, close to a U station and many shops and restaurants. Clean rooms and great atmosphere, good breakfast too.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Family Room

Reception and hotel are at different entrances, staff is not very friendly. The room had wooden floors and bed which were very noisy, the bed is too soft. There was no air conditioning in the room. TV was tiny with no reception whatsoever. There's no fridge in the room, which is a big problem when travelling with babies. No telephone in the room. The sink was tiny,bearly enough to brush your teeth. Breakfast was fair. In general I wouldn't recommend this hotel to friends travelling to Berlin.

Located right on Adenauerplatz U-Bahn

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Finding parking nearby is tricky ... you just have to find a spot on a nearby street, and use the pay-and-display machine.

Lovely old building, attractive room decor in keeping with it. Clean, comfortable beds, plenty of towels, good bathroom facilities. Breakfast was well worth the extra cost. Would happily stay here again.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Breakfast not before 8 o'clock, staff wouldn't even unlock the front door at 7:55 to let us wait inside.

Gorgeous and spacey room in an historic building, nice view from the little balcony.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Our room and room next to us was made from one flat, just separate only with door (that was lock), but it didnt look really safe. Also our main door from room was like "paper". Everyone could go inside. We didnt feel that it is safely. In photos it looked diferent than it realy was.

Nice staff. They help us with everything. Room was clean. Good location in center. Breakfast was tasty.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

No air conditioning and a crowded street, was bit too noisy at night and early morning. Vintage style was very good, but It requires slowly renovating/refreshing.

Good location, friendly stuff, standard "continental" breakfast, WIFI, no typical hotel/hostel conditions, price was OK.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Family Room

It was in an older building where lift was quite slow and limited.

Breakfast was extraordinary. The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean and in a great shape.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The room was dusty and the bathroom hadn't been thoroughly cleaned. Dishes in the kitchenette needed rewashing

Great location and it was a bonus to have a fridge and kettle. There is a supermarket just around the corner so we could get coffee, breakfast things and drinks - saving money in cafes

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

the breakfast was fine, but the coffee far too weak

although we were to arrive after reception had closed, arrangements were made for us to easily pick up the keys to our 2 rooms (all labeled with very clear instructions) in a bar around the corner: a perfect solution! the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom spacious, and the drive to schonefeld airport very easy despite it being a weekday morning

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

the bed was too narrow (140 cm) no ventilation in rummet.the window opened out onto our neighbor's balcony and out onto the road.

I appreciate that they mended the broken bed that was in our room.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Family Room

No shower gel in the toilet (empty bottle, it was too late when discovered to ask reception for trhe new one). Walls in the room were dirty (layer of dust) and scratched. Obsolete windows may be bothersome during winter time.

Excellent location - easy acsessible by car or public transport. No problem with car parking. Nice and safe neighborhood. English speaking Staff. WIFI in the room. Comfortable room and toilet.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

It is in an old building, so the heigh ceilings in combination with floors without carpets do not feel very welcoming (altough I got used to it after several nights). The first morning of my stay they started to repair part of the building so there was a terrible noise from like 7 AM. My room had windows to the internal yard where was a smoking area or something and the smell was terrible - sleeping with open windows was like sleeping in an ashtray, and closed windows ultimately meant that it was too hot in the room to sleep. The TV was so small that it would be better if they just didnt put it in there at all. The iron bed had railings and looked like something from 18th century (in a bad way). Actually, the furniture in the room in general was not very comfortable.

Breakfast was good, not too varied but plentiful. Very close to U-Bahn.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

No faults!

My partner and I loved this Hotel. It has a Shabby Chic feel with parquet flooring, large rooms and tasteful decor. It has a relaxed feel, which helped us feel at home during our short stay. The staff were pleasant, polite, unobtrusive and helpful. We intend returning to this hotel when we next visit Berlin and that is not something we have ever done before. Excellent!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Very little we didn't like. No ceiling light-rooms lit by multiple lamps. Not a big issue.

Great location just off the Ku'damm with close proximity to U-bahn for sightseeing. Great selection of restaurants, bakeries and a supermarket nearby. Lovely characterful older building with many original interesting features such as wooden panelling and a caged lift. Comfortable room, beautifully decorated, very clean. Lovely hot showers. Friendly and helpful staff - great breakfast with a lot of choice. Quite quiet despite city centre location. Guests from many different counties were staying here at the same time as us.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

My only criticism or recommendation is the staff work on and improve their "friendly skills".

This is a good value for money hotel that is worth a second visit when in Berlin. Clean, spacious and nicely decorated room, in a good location. Nice breakfast, but the quantity and choice of food was a little lacking.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Zilch.

Loved the old school feel of the winding wooden staircase to the rooms; lovely view of the courtyard life from our windows; excellent wifi; and the buffet breakfast was fabulous (meats, cheeses, deviled eggs, Nutella, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, excellent coffee). Also, the metro was a block and a half away.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

The noise in the street can be noticeable at night if the window is left ajar; depending on how jetlag or awake you are. Could do with "Do Not Disturb / Tidy Room" sign for the door since there is no inner latch / chain on the door.

The room has high ceiling and together with the tall windows makes it bright and airy. Structure and style of the room has the feel of a "posh" old European apartment. Shower unit is new and clean. All-in-all, a pretty and comfortable room and I like the feel of it.

Browse Hotel-Maison Am Adenauerplatz traveller photo gallery