Reviews of Novum Hotel Mariella Airport This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hauptstraße 369, Porz, 51143 Cologne, Germany

#152 of 223 hotels in Cologne

Location, far away from the town center but I knew that...

Location, far away from the town center but I knew that beforehand. Room, Breakfast were fine. Due to the late booking (missed a flight) there was no other alternative available and this worked out fine.

Checked-in at 2:30 in the night.

Was very hot in room - no any conditioner. At least fan could be. At 7 am starting work building machines under window destroying old building. So it was impossible to sleep more. But it is not fault of hotel. Bad drainage of water in shower.

Checked-in at 2:30 in the night. No problem.

Waste of money on this hotel. Will not stay there again or recommend to anyone else.

Upon our arrival to the hotel after a couple of hour drive, my kids needed to use the toilet. The front desk clerk told us that there were no facilities except for in our rooms. After having my kids dance around during the check in, I discovered a functioning toilet outside of the rooms that was available. On the second night in the hotel, the restaurant next door played blaring music until 2 am preventing any sleep from anyone.

Stayed only 1 night room very basic
    • Economy Single Room

Communication poor,due to unforseen circumstances I tried to cancel the room. Inspite of numerous emails + letter there was no response. So I rate it that money comes before customers satisfaction would not use again

It was a short overnight stay

The receptionist was not very accommodating & rather rude. I requested a main floor but the room he gave still have stairs. Tv had no English channels.the hotel is old & didn't look like the picture in your ad. You should review the hotel description.

Bed was comfortable & room was clean

no heating, except one infrared lamp in the bathroom -- and...

no heating, except one infrared lamp in the bathroom -- and that with freezing temperatures. 9 euro for unprotected parking. Bottle of water (4 euro) in the room was already opened and not full anymore.

Good price with public transport accessible location.

The staff is a little difficult to talk with.

Good price with public transport accessible location. High performance/value Comfortable bed and shower facility. Well decorated and cleaned.

Not even a two stars pension ...

It’s not even a two star pension. Dull and dirty. Blankets were stained and carpet dirty. The location is horrible, you feel really unsafe to go around the hotel for having a bite. Very upsetting that the rating did not meet our expectations

For one night you can survive in a place like this.

outside town, but good connection road
    • Economy Single Room

empty minibar a hole in the ceiling, in the breakfast room

outside town, but good connection road a little bit hard to find if you drive by a little bit fast, but as I remember the hotel is situated under the bridge. There is also parking there. you also can park your car in the streets behind the hotel good pillow

I had an overnight stopover at Cologne/Bonn Airport.
    • Economy Single Room

I had an overnight stopover at Cologne/Bonn Airport. This hotel was a fantastic place to spend the night, particularly given the rich breakfast and proximity to the airport (10 min walk to the bus stop and then 17 minutes by bus).

Value for money hotel, only minutes from Cologne Airport.
    • Economy Single Room

Hotel was difficult to locate at night, as it's sign was unlit. There is no outside parking, so you have to pay an additional 9 Euros for their underground parking. The parking bays are very small. Rooms could be a little cleaner (found hair on the floor in the bathroom) and Wifi could be a little faster. Download rate did not exceed 1.8 Mbit.

Rooms brand new, modern and very well insulated. The room came with tea and coffee making facility (normally rare to find in Germany).

Convenient for early morning flight
    • Standard Triple Room

Parking ramp wasn't easy to maneuver in. Parking spots very small. (But very reasonably priced at 9 Euro per night)

Very convenient location for flying out of Cologne Airport. Room set up was perfect for traveling with kids.

DISGUSTING
    • Economy Single Room

EVERYTHING COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Paid 300 euros for the worst service and experience of my life at Novum. They emptied out my room, threw away my clothes, passport, toothbrush all facial care when I had gone to the Anuga fair. When I returned to the hotel they said 'customers can sometimes pay for 2 nights and leave after 1 without saying anything' I mean how ridiculous and stupid. I felt cheated for paying in advance on booking.com and helpless about any compensation/ refund. I had paid for 2 nights & they did this after 1 night. I waited till midnight begging them to find my belongings & they rummaged through wet garbage to get my pyjamas/ passport/ clothes/ laptop charger/ shoes etc. It was disgusting. They did not offer any apology or any compensation. They then put me into a dungeon room far away from the concierge & it was a dirty smoking room at the end of the corridor - as they threw me out and cleared my belongings and gave my room to someone else.The room was falling apart, paint falling from everywhere, shower curtains dirty, broken tiles. Its a rubbish hotel that I over paid for because I was there for the Anuga food fair and I feel so cheated, humiliated and robbed. . After everything they did not even offer a nice room or compensation for throwing away all my creams and clothes that I cannot wear again. Never ever stay here. I have photos of everything to show you all. No email apology/ no refund/ no compensation/ nothing!

New chance for an old hotel - improvement needed in friendliness
    • Economy Single Room

Front desk: late shift very unfriendly, explanations on hotel services missing (e..g how to us WLAN/ WIFI), poor german of the late shift personal, all guests requested to ship passport (not common in German hotels) even when pre paid stay Technical status: building poor, hotel inside ok, poor wifi coverage Surroundings: immigration hot spot of Cologne

Price fairly ok for Porz

It is a great value for the price! Minus the WiFi...

The WiFi! People aren't joking when they say it is TERRIBLE. The only place we could pick it up was standing next to the door in our room. It was very inconvenient. We were in room 404. This room was also quite loud with a main road running right outside the windows.

The location was perfect to get to the Cologne airport quickly. It was a 15 minute bus ride on bus #161 and an easy Tram ride from the main train station.

It's pretty god for a one night stay.

Not the best part of the Cologn surrounding, but not unsafe. Just not somewhere you'd want to spend your time around much. The person who checked us in did not care much.

Large rooms. Partially updated. Good beds, not the pillows. Only 20 minute ride from the city center Close to the airport, river Rein is right behind the building

6.0
    Excellent breakfast.
    • Economy Single Room

All beds were 2 singles put together. We sleep with our 1 year old who was in the midflw stycj on the crack of thr 2 beds. Tv did not work. We were charged more than what was advertied and agreed.

Excellent breakfast. Clean hotel.

I was only there for one night due to a delay in the bus...
    • Economy Single Room

I was only there for one night due to a delay in the bus company I was travelling with. I had to book it the middle of the night and was very tired. The hotel staff was great, very attentive, and the room was exactly I what I needed after a very stressfull day: confortable bed and pillows, lovely shower and very clean.

not recommended rude receptionnist

the night receptionist was extremely rude!! we arrived at the hotel and couldn't find a parking space in their facilities( knowing that we requested one) he was really rude about it and basically told us it wasn't his problem and even told us that we could request whatever we want in the email doesn't mean we will have it!(also gave us an example of a bottle of champain ) it kind of ruined our stay cz that was so unwelcoming

the room was clean and the bathroom was well equipped

Too expensive and too uncomfortabe
    • Economy Single Room

Only one elevator very slow and sometimes broken. WiFi is working only in the hall, was not reachable in my room. No washing/ironing services at all. No iron in the room is available. Breakfast buffet has limited choice and everyday the same. Underground parking space is not design for big cars, very small place and hard to park.

Clean room.

Comfortable room.

No breakfast One receptionist was very friendly and helpful, but another one answered 'I don't know for every question' I would advice to give a memo how to reach an airport

Comfortable room. Nice design. Very good bed, hot shower! Perfect to have rest before the flight

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Clean room, big enough for a short staying.

Thin walls, I could hear what other neighbors are talking, clapping doors, etc...

Clean room, big enough for a short staying. Easy to reach the airport, the city center, the highway despite the fact that is not placed in ''city center''. Rhein river is just near by, offering a nice view.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

nice one-nighter

- the hotel is called "airport" but it takes time to get there from the airport: 15 min by bus and the bus leaves only 2 times an hour. 1 hour walk - several small bread crumbs on one pillow - strange - chilly floor in bathroom - neighborhood really quiet. i'd say the hotel is good for business trips

- kettle and tea/coffee and harribo marmalade in the room - so nice! - lots of light in the room - ok bed - real value for money

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

There was everything around the hotel, the river, a nice...

I had to pay 15 euros more because I came almost 2 hours earlier. The room was ready and it isn't hingh season, so I don't get it.

There was everything around the hotel, the river, a nice view, shops, restaurants and supermarkets.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

The price was low, and the hotel was kind of close to the...

You have to walk a lot to get there a proc 10min. With luggage and snow is not good idea... also I didn't did the check out and by mistake I took the keys, I send it to them, but the price per night get higher..

The price was low, and the hotel was kind of close to the airport. There is a beautiful lake near

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

relaxed stay.
    • Economy Single Room

breakfast is overpriced, as in every hotel.

close to airport. clean and as shown in pictures. there is plenty of space in the bathroom. breakfast is really delicious.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Short, but nice

The check in is only after 14:00

I really like the location it was close to the station with a direct train/ubahn into Cologne. The room was clean and comfy :)

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

It was in the area we were visiting friends

The double bed was two singles pushed together with two single duvets! Reception stated all the doubles were the same! The Wi-Fi was appaling in the room. receptions response was that there were a lot of guests in the hotel! What view of the Rhine?

It was in the area we were visiting friends

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Comfortable hotel for a one night stay, whe had to fly from...

Some drunk people outside the hotel where a little bit noisy.

Comfortable hotel for a one night stay, whe had to fly from Köln Airport which is very close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

I feel cheated, I reserved double bed but I’ve got simple,...
    • Economy Single Room

I feel cheated, I reserved double bed but I’ve got simple, they ask me more money to give the right one. All other spends (Garage, drinks was not clearly indicated) expressly! Not really clean , smell of smoke everywhere Very far from down-town

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Good for a short visit to Cologne, conveniently located...

We arrived very late and I took a bottle of beer from the mini bar. The bottle cap came off very easily and one of the previous guest filled it up with tap water after drinking it. This is not the hotels fault of course.

Good for a short visit to Cologne, conveniently located between the airport and the city. We got a large room.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Poor value for money

Location...This hotel positions itself as an airport hotel, although the airport is 6 km away (as measured by taxi odometer) that makes this hotel neither airport nor city centre based. Area around: a bit rough. Public transport: Nr 7 tram only which is very irregular, especially on weekends. Breakfast: Overpriced for the choice and content. NO AIR CON. It is boiling hot at nights if windows closed, and extremely noisy (due to proximity of a major road) if windows open (your choice what you want less)

Superfriendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Nice place for a short stay.

The elevator was out of service during our stay. This was disappointing as we have to carry our luggage up 3 double flights of stairs. Breakfast was okay but a little over priced.

The hotel is located near a small centrum which has nice shopping. Indoor parking (for €9 a night).

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

We spent only few hours in the hotel (stop for a short...

The garage of the hotel is very small, quite hard to find a good size of free place for your car.

We spent only few hours in the hotel (stop for a short sleep) but I think it`s a very nice, clean hotel. We were pleased with it. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Short break in Cologne

Not the greatest location very bland area didn't try breakfast no other facilities in hotel

Large room spotlessly clean bathroom spotless too. Great value.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

don't go here
    • Economy Single Room

- blood on the sheets - had reservation for one day, tried to let us pay for two days. - rooms ar not clean - has a cafe next door that plays loud music till past midnight.

Not much

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Couldn't have found a better hotel/location for our first time in Cologne, Germany!

Slight shame that the bar was being refurbished, would have loved to experienced it (but still great!)

Room was excellent for the price. Location was great, and transport easily accessible. Staff were so polite and friendly - we arrived slightly early but were allowed to leave luggage behind which was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Spending a night comfortably for a very fair price.

That there stands a bottle of water in the room as if it's a gift, but the wrapping around it indicates you have to pay €4 for it. And then it's not even cold water. There is a little fridge on the other hand, for which it is understandable that if you take beverages from there, you'd be charged.

We really appreciated the seize of the room and there was also a bathtub. Didn't expect this for the price. Great deal and great service.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The hotel was clean and close to the airport

There was no air condition and the room felt very hot. Outside there is a club where music was loud until 1 a.m. So when trying to open the window to refresh the room, it was not possible to sleep with all the noise

The hotel was clean and close to the airport

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Not an airport hotel!

Staff pleasant and helpful

No reason for it to be called airport hotel as 15 € taxi ride from airport. Then 8 stops on train from cbd. Stuffy rooms. Open window for air and it's noisy rooms.

Perfect for a one night stop

Everything we needed for a one night stop. 10 minutes with taxi to airport (costs €17 for a one way trip).

The friendly staff.

The friendly staff.....plus the hotels facilities and location!

We stayed here a few hours just to rest before we took our plane.

Nice staff and very clean room!! Close to the airport

There was no internet in our room (number 104) and parking...

There was no internet in our room (number 104) and parking wasn't free.

no fans in the room could not sleep as the rooms were too...

no fans in the room could not sleep as the rooms were too hot.

Satisfied hotel

The room had no view and there was no room service . You can't find still water!

It has 24h reception and the breakfast is good

For what we needed ok

Didn't like having to pay 15€ for booking in 2 hours early

Didn't have breakfast beds comfy room ok

No ironing facilities

No ironing facilities

We booked room for three persons, and got 2 + 1 auxiliary...
    • Standard Triple Room

We booked room for three persons, and got 2 + 1 auxiliary bed. The triple bed room was not as shown on pictures.

Clean room.

The rooms not overlooking the Rhine are not as nice.

Clean room. Free wifi. Near the airport. In one word - excellent!

nice to stay one night

staff kindness

very comfortable

Good stay

At check in was told breakfast included, but at check out we paid the breakfast

Clean rooms + comfortable beds

The room was clean and big

The receptionist was rude. And one of room was cold the other one was fine.

The room was clean and big

Nice, clean room and just 10 min from the airport.

Nice, clean room and just 10 min from the airport. Our late check in was perfect.

Ok.

Staff was rude.

The view from outside

The receptionist

The view from outside

Stay was okay.

Staff was rude

Value for money

Difficult to find as the building actually says hotel mariella when I was looking for novum mariella hotel

Value for money

Nice place to stay for a night.

Their parking lot was full and there was no place for our car

Nice place to stay for a night.

The room was good and comfortable

Little far from city, the staffs were not friendly

The room was good and comfortable

Staff where helpful and friendly and the rooms where clean and comfortable

The was really comfy, best bed I've slept in 😊

Perfect

Everything!

ffar from the city but there is train and buses to koln,...

ffar from the city but there is train and buses to koln, plain old hotel good for one night conection sleep no more .

Bad stay! Far away from koln. Rude staff.

No wifi, bad staff, expensive parking.

The room

We had good stay at Novum Hotel Mareilla Airport

The room had slight smell to it though

Bearable.

There was only one coffee sachet in the room, I asked at reception for more and was told they didn't have access to tea/coffee etc!

Very uncomfortable underground parking (small)

Very uncomfortable underground parking (small)

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Just what was required

All PL

Staff very helpfull

It was a wonderful stay
    • Economy Single Room

The closeness to shops, restaurants and public transport for the price.

Easy airport access.

Not the nicest neighborhood. Beds were saggy.

Close to airport. Nearby cafe and easy parking.

Neat and clean.

No fan or ac in the room because of the weather probably but then again at my stay it was a bit warm.

Neat and clean. Staffs were friendly too.

A good "value stay"
    • Economy Single Room

The staff was welcoming and happy to help. Many thanks to the receptionist that agreed to help me translate a phone message from german to english

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Good choice.

No air conditioner.

Very clean. Comfortable beds.

really very bad hotel

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Very convinient

near to the shops and to the river

Browse Novum Hotel Mariella Airport traveller photo gallery