Reviews of Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Flughafenstraße 5, Langenhagen, 30669 Hannover, Germany

#25 of 119 hotels in Hannover

Good Location directly at the airport Hannover.
    • Classic Double Room

Good Location directly at the airport Hannover. Big room and bathroom with all needed. There was tea and coffee in the room. There is a restaurant in the hotel so you can have a dinner. Big lobby bar and space. Very nice hotel for late arrival/ early flight.

I booked an executive suite.

I booked an executive suite. The remote control for the TV was missing I telephoned reception who apologised but added they could do nothing as they did not have spare remote controls. They did send a member of staff who again said sorry but could not offer any replacement. Shame as it spoiled my stay due to not being able to watch the England world cup match. Not happy with service.

Great stay and close to airport.
    • Classic Double Room

We just had a night before flying out and stay was good. Room had everything we needed and was clean. It was great that there was a seperate room for the baby cot.

Great location, with a warm friendly atmosphere and plenty of eating options.
    • Classic Double Room

Unfortunately the buffet restaurant was closed due to a private function. On the plus side I used the Bistro which was reasonably priced, great food and I was not rushed.

Location, nice warm friendly hotel with different eating options available.

I only liked the breakfast buffet.

I only liked the breakfast buffet. The rooms are from 1960, and the staff in the restaurant is the rudest that I have ever seen in a maritim Hotel. They asked me to pay twice for a plate of pasta, just because my boyfriend finished the rest. 38 EUR. And they started to discuss in front of all guests, that we were thiefs. We usually come here every cebit and leave plenty of money, next time other hotel for sure.

I only liked the breakfast buffet.

They need to teach how to talk with the people

The Aircondition is not working perfectly even we can’t sleep . When we go to reception on midnight 2:00am and request them . So they answer us We can’t do anything - this is our answer . Thats it . The reception manager is misbehave with us - we pay 400$ a night and return they misbehave with us . It’s not good Please do some action because we trust on Booking.Com

I like the location and view

The atmosphere, the location, the clean.
    • Classic Double Room

It was a bit cold and I couldn't change the temperature. Also it was a little difficult to figure out how to use internet and the shower.

The atmosphere, the location, the clean.

Great location, literally opposite Hannover airport &...
    • Classic Double Room

Costs €21 if you want to add breakfast buffet (although luckily we made use of the free coffee/bread/fruit they put out in reception for very early flights....!).

Great location, literally opposite Hannover airport & reachable within a minute or two's walk. Incredibly convenient for early/late flights. Impressive central lobby area, efficient & friendly staff, good free WiFi & spacious, clean rooms, with a powerful hot shower. Also just a short 20 min train ride into Hannover city centre, if you have spare time & want to explore.

Excellent stopover location
    • Classic Double Room

Property is old as compared to Maritim Dusseldorf and I could see and feel the difference in ambience. Here it is very dull and gloomy. Maritim Dusseldorf is very cheery. Other than that basic amenities were all as per standard from Maritim.

Excellent location - near to airport

Very near to the airport
    • Comfort Double Room

Room is a bit smelly needs renovations All Hotel needs serious renovations, Hotel is almost 40 years old and some stuff even bed and bathroom linings is getting old Staff is a bit slow and lazy, they need possibly a smarter more modern management Breakfast food quality and choice medium

Very near to the airport Very large and quite room High standard Luxury 80’s building with medium sized inside swimming pool.

I won't be going back any time soon.
    • Classic Double Room

Too hot, air con poor. Open the window and it was noisey. Flight crews arriving and departing with no consideration for others. Wi-Fi waste of time and it failed completely for a period of time. I felt I was forced into buying the "fast" wi fi as the standard was so poor. Prices are high. I would not stay in this Hotel again. Style over substance!

The actual building is very nice.

Thorough technical modernizations required
    • Classic Single Room

The rooms are very dark, small windows and little natural light, bathroom very dated and with no water pressure, TV not really moveable to face bed and with complicated controls, no luggage service offered, airport hotel but no Screen with flight information anywhere in Lobby. Wouldn’t stay again.

It was way more than I expected.
    • Classic Single Room

It was way more than I expected. Great hotel! The staff was also great. Especially Mr. Toprakceken at the reception helped me a lot during check in. I highly recommend this place for travellers. It is not just another airport hotel.

Location , right at the airport.
    • Comfort Single Room

Almost no options for vegetarian food in the restaurant. I had to go to the airport to eat something vegetarian. Next day I had early morning flight , but no quick breakfast , which one would expect in a hotel being at the airport. Some hotels offer packed breakfast , but not this hotel when asked.

Location , right at the airport. Reachable by local train conveniently.

Not all staff at the reception desk are helpful or well...
    • Classic Single Room

Not all staff at the reception desk are helpful or well qualified for that job (esspecially one young lady who does not know to listen the guest request, to issue an invoice, etc). I saw unhappy guests; pitty.

Used during last day of Hannover Messe.
    • Classic Single Room

Used during last day of Hannover Messe. perfect location at the airport for early flight the day after. the Bar is super nice, good food and great Gilde local beer. Currywurst perfect. room very nice, bed very comfortable all clean

Don't like that Idea that they are selling early check in - which is a rob off really at
    • Classic Single Room

I arrived at 9:00 am and was informed that there is no rooms available - as THE CHECK IN ONLY ALLOWEED AT 15:00 ... at 12:00 I discovered they had available free rooms since the morning - but with extra charge - and I had to pay extra charge to check in at 12:00 of 19 euros per room !!!!

Location - staff

The pool is nice and has a great working hours.
    • Comfort Double Room

The bed was uncomfortable and the WiFi was very bad. Every time I connected there was no internet access.

The pool is nice and has a great working hours. The staff is really really friendly.

Excellent experience. Would visit again
    • Classic Double Room

Food service in the bar was slow, and the staff appeared to be slightly overwhelmed by the large number of guests ordering food.

Excellent quality, both in room comfort and food.

Hotel looks dated.
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel looks dated. But very disappointing was the fact the room was ready at 11.30, but they asked 39€ for extra 3 hours, unacceptable for me. Food restaurant food was good

Exactly what was needed and expected of a superior hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

I cannot see what can be approved except for tea and coffee making facilities.

Everything was exactly as advertised, no nasty surprises. The indoor swimming pool was a pleasant surprise with extremely good facilities. Reception staff very helpful especially as I only speak English with a very small amount of German. The bathroom was stocked with everything that was needed for an overnight stay.

Disappointed. Not sure I'd stay again.
    • Classic Double Room

Wifi did not work in the room and even when I got it to connect while standing at the door it was awful. I did not address it because I was too tired to deal with it but unacceptable. In this day and age wifi should be fast and all over. The hotel itself is dated and needs updated. Dirty carpet. Awful, cheap mattresses. I got an upgrade to a huge room but it was really wasted on me as I was a quick overnight stay. Overall very disappointed especially after the current overall rating. I feel like I stayed at a different hotel than others.

Staff was friendly.

Duvet was very soft!
    • Classic Double Room

Had to walk the whole length of the hotel to iron a shirt as it is only available in the "ironing" room, not available in the room.

Duvet was very soft! Staff very pleasant.

The Maritim in Hannover is a welcoming and pleasant sanctuary in which to break a long journey provi
    • Classic Single Room

Having been stranded in Hannover on one occasion and having checked in with you it would have been good if there was complimentary toothbrush and razor but this is a minor criticism

Having used the Maritim for many years the standards remain excellent and the staff attirtudes are so beyond criticism it is a pleasure to stay with you

An impressive hotel with excellent customer service
    • Classic Double Room

In previous feedback we commented that the mattress on the bed was hard and uncomfortable. A representative emailed us for more information and as a result, the next time we stayed at the Maritim a mattress topper had been put on our bed - excellent customer service!! The Maritim is a very impressive hotel and amazingly quiet given that it's so close to Hannover airport. The bar is cozy and relaxing.

Very comfy beds and elegant ambience.
    • Classic Double Room

Housekeeping staff knocked on door @ 7.30am and woke me from a well needed sleep to clean room. (We arrived @ 11.30pm previous evening). And also knocked again an hour later. And we didn't need to check out till 12pm.

Very comfy beds and elegant ambience.

Very good.
    • Classic Double Room

The condition of the faucet in the sink was not good.

There is very close to Hannover airport and easy access. Room is very clean and staff is very kindbess.

Location is excellent and it is easy to walk to Hannover...
    • Comfort Double Room

wifi connection is poor in the room if the room is far away from the lobby.

Location is excellent and it is easy to walk to Hannover airport and take S bahn to Bahnhof.

Short, initially unpleasant. The room was OK but we were only there for four hours.
    • Classic Single Room

We had to book rooms as a result of flight cancellation at around midnight. This was fine for me and a colleague, but other passengers on the same flight came with us to the hotel to be told there were no vacancies (this at 12.30am) by the reception staff. The other passengers then started to try and find other hotels on line, only to be told that there were rooms available at the Maritim. When questioned about this the reception staff were completely unconcerned or unrepentant that this should be the case, which after four hours of waiting for any information fro Flybe about a flight made people very angry. Quite appalling with very unhelpful and misleading reception staff. The man in particular who was on duty on the night of the 1st/2nd March was rude, arrogant and unpleasant. He needs retraining or sacking.

The location was nice.
    • Superior Single Room

The WiFi didn’t work at all. Breakfast was not a pleasant experience. It took fifteen minutes to make an egg, that ended up smelling bad - it always will when you that long to make it.

The location was nice.

Impressive hotel and extremely convenient for airport - would recommend to others
    • Classic Double Room

The bedding was not good. The duvet was very thick and was too hot with it on and too cold with it off. The pillows were very squishy and didn't support our heads comfortably.

Very impressive hotel with a great bar. Very quiet. Extremely convenient for Hannover airport (easy walking distance)

Great location if you have an early flight and is very comfortable
    • Classic Single Room

It seemed more impressive on the photos, but having said that is was good

Great location right at the airport....30 second walk and you are in the airport terminal

the bath is very slippery if you stay in it to have a shower.
    • Classic Double Room

the bath is very slippery if you stay in it to have a shower. By the bottom of the glass panel on the side of the shower, water is leaking thru as there is no rubber seal.

I was very impressed with the whole running of the hotel,
    • Comfort Double Room

I was very impressed with the whole running of the hotel, the staff on reception, the quality and choice of food in the breakfast room was very good, the bar staff in the flight bar were professional and kept everybody served quickly

Very comfortable bed, clean bathroom, kettle service...
    • Classic Single Room

Not perfect connection to fair ground, slow lifts. Absolutly disgusting coffe in the morning.

Very comfortable bed, clean bathroom, kettle service available on the room. Rich breakfast menu, but for €21! nice view from breakfast restaurant. Always free garage - €18/day - of course it is airport hotel

the location was excellent for my purpose, as I was looking...
    • Classic Double Room

the act that I had to extend stay by another day, and the tariff went up 30 Euros. Supply demand I guess.

the location was excellent for my purpose, as I was looking for a hotel close to the airport. the rooms were nice, clean, with good sound insulation (considering it is adjacent to the airport) and great food options.

A relaxing and peaceful reward at the end of a tiring trip.
    • Classic Double Room

I had problems with the wi-fi, but that may have been my laptop. The first time I stayed here there was no coffee in the room, but the second time there was -- so I take it that this is standard and someone forgot (coffee essential for getting a 6am flight!). Otherwise, there is not much to not like.

The staff were totally efficient and polite, both restaurant and bar cafe served excellent food and drink. The bed was firm, and the air con worked well for me -- as well as the window opening, if needed. The best aspect was the sound proofing -- completely quiet, in part as it is a very spacious and generous hotel.

Very convenient if arriving late at night or leaving early in the morning.
    • Comfort Single Room

When arriving by plane, there are no signs inside the airport to lead you to the entrance of the hotel. I knew it was close by but every time I walked outside the terminals A and B all I could see were car parks - I ended up asking at the information desk where I was told that it was actually off the corridor between Terminal B and C.

Lovely stay with excellent access. Rooms well equipped except refreshments.
    • Classic Double Room

No tea/coffee facilities in the room Limited options for food in the hotel and surrounding area Meals expensive

Perfect for the airport and trains Helpful staff

FREE WiFi really BAD.
    • Classic Double Room

FREE WiFi really BAD. Instead of giving 2 option (one free and one with sa fee) a 4 Starts Hotel schould offers HiSpeed FREE Wifi. In 2017 is not possible have 4G faster then WiFi connection.

Very expensive but convenient location
    • Superior Single Room

Service in the bar was a little hit and miss although there was a conference on so it was busy. The price was outrageously expensive but with a very early flight there was little option

Very convenient for the airport to which its connected via a covered walkway

Good comfortable and convienent for the airport.
    • Classic Double Room

The rain and fog outside but the hotel was perfect.

Plenty of hot water and a lovely deep bath to have a soak in after a hard day. Very clean rooms and big beds. Reception staff very helpful and spoke good English and were on time with the early morning call.

vegetarian choice
    • Classic Double Room

staff add 39 € for early check-in even I had the premium package already booked (early check-in is included). If I don't ask to check the invoice before to pay, they should charge me! 30' to remove it

vegetarian choice

Exactly what I needed from my hotel stay.
    • Classic Double Room

Air conditioning was a little bit noisy but not enough to keep me awake.

All of the hotel was too a very high standard. Beds comfy, bathroom had everything needed in it. So close to the airport was good as my flight landed two hours late and the covered walkway was exactly what was necessary as the rain was pelting down in the morning when I had to catch my next morning flight.

Mediocre.
    • Comfort Double Room

The whole experience was awful. No breakfast included. Mediocre rooms. Not very helpful staff. I was travelling with a broken leg and the disabled facilities were awful

Nothing much apart from the location

Great staff, good food and a friendly bar.
    • Comfort Double Room

Shame that the hotel was so empty! A good bargain for me, but sad for the hotel staff concerned about their future.

Great staff, good food and a friendly bar. The hotel was large but not impersonal. Room was larger than average, we only stayed one night but I would recommend the hotel.

the right choice when arriving late
    • Comfort Double Room

internet was not as good as one would hope, signage to the hotel from the airport terminal could be improved

close to the airport terminal, fantastic if you arrive late....

Flying from Hannover made easy.
    • Comfort Single Room

speedy check in,comfortable room,very clean and a big plus was the bathroom had a bidet.very early flight so cannot comment on the breakfast but a great overnight stay.Good free wifi.

Quiet.
    • Classic Single Room

Bed was a little hard. Just one pillow which was flat, and my only really bad complaint was the heat, No air conditioning or fans. I realize it was Germany but such a beautiful Hotel should be able to keep there customers from sweating all night.

Quiet. Beautiful

Enjoyable stay - would book again in the future. Highly recommended.
    • Classic Double Room

Pillows were too thin and flat. The additional pillows available in the room also did not help as they were very small.

Great location as we had to catch an early flight and did not want the hassle of traveling to the airport even earlier in the morning than we had to in order to return a rental car. Staying the night before the flight made it a much more relaxing and pleasant end to the German segment of our trip. Very nice, clean and comfortable room. We also had an enjoyable dinner at the hotel. Unfortunately we were just too tired to take advantage of having access to a pool. The business center allowed us to check our emails and to also print off documents needed for the following day which was very helpful.

Airport Hotel- a great place to stay!
    • Classic Double Room

The reception staff should have explained about pulling door to open it even if it was written on the key! They also did not explain wifi. We had to call down for answers. Felt they could have been warmer and more welcoming as the staff were at the Novotel Hannover in Podbielski Strasse. Nevertheless the staff in the bar (beautifully designed with fabulous atmospheric after dinner jazz music - not pop!) were absolutely delightful!

Loved the hotel overall! Clean, modern and comfortable! A great location before our flight home to London! Lovely pool and sauna. Very peaceful. Had great night's sleep

Excellent place for a nigh in transit
    • Comfort Double Room

there is an ironing room on the 4th floor. An iron in the room would be much better.

Very good situation at the door of the airport and 3 minutes walk from the train station. Nice breakfast. Perfect for a night in transit.

Good, But Needs Improvement on Value For Money
    • Classic Double Room

Stayed there on two separate nights - a Monday night and a Wednesday night. Paid the same rate for both nights (£94). On the Thursday morning I woke up at 4am to get to my flight, to find that the room had no coffee machine. Called reception to be told that I had booked a "Classic" room, so no coffee! I told them that is just not on. For £94 a night, the least they could do is supply coffee! They sent a cup up to the room, but that really wasn't the point.

Nicely appointed rooms, smart TV (just as well that I could get Youtube on it, as the only English channels available were all news channels). Polite, if quite serious, staff at reception and in the bar. Very easy to get to the airport - just a minute's walk across the road. Nice park for walking at the back of the property.

facility could be better
    • Classic Double Room

Offering of small snacks would've been nice as having a full meal is the last thing you want to do after arriving at the hotel almost midnight. A/C didn't work in the room..... it was stuffy with the window closed and it was noisy with the window open.....

It was as close to the airport as I expected.

This was one of the best airport hotels I have stayed at.
    • Classic Double Room

This was one of the best airport hotels I have stayed at. The room was spacious, clean, and, as promised, sound-proofed so that it was very quite. It took me five minutes to walk from the hotel to my check-in desk for the flight out of the Hannover Airport.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

not what i was expecting
    • Classic Double Room

the beds were rock hard did not sleep a wink all night. the menu didn't have enough verity on it and the tv never had any English channels neither could I put subtitles on. sky tv would have made a massive difference to my stay as there is nothing for miles to do where your hotel is.

the staff were friendly and hotel was very clean.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

A very good hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

The whole experience was excellent am delighted our only regret was that we had not arranged to spend more time there. It is quite a long way from the centre of Hanover, but the connections are good. We shall be using this hotel in the future and would recommend it strongly.

Hotel Great but WI-FI is not working (sad face)
    • Classic Double Room

First the salad in the bar was excellent and wait staff great! The WI-Wi is horrible at best, which for people trying to work or talk to family on FaceTime is impossible. I tried bar, lobby, reception area and my room and getting any signal was almost impossible. So for working people this will be a show stopper for the next visit.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Could improve the beds
    • Classic Double Room

There was a puddle of water on bathroom floor when we checked in. The beds (2) both had a sag to one side from having been sat on.

Loved the short walk to the airport!

Comfortable and relaxing hotel next to the airport.
    • Classic Double Room

Could not fault this hotel.

The rooms are large and comfortable, very clean. Amazing bar with a great atmosphere and very friendly staff. Just next to the airport really useful. The inside of the hotel resembles a cruise ship, with a huge skylight and glass elevators to the floors.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Great choice for a night before and early flight
    • Classic Double Room

The airport is 10 meters away, it's VERY comfortable to stay when you have an early flight next day. When there is not a convention in the hotel, the prices are fair but avoid when they have one or a big event; the prices raise three times as much and it's completely packed.

The problem I faced was that the central heating not working...
    • Classic Double Room

The problem I faced was that the central heating not working through out my stay and the hotel management provide me with a small portable heater to use which was annoying.

Perfect for early flight
    • Classic Double Room

Wi-Fi in room was poor. Gave up trying to use the facility.

Location perfect for early morning flight. Excellent bar (far superior to usual airport hotel)

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Short stop-over for airport drop
    • Classic Double Room

I didn't realise there was parking with the hotel so ended up paying 21 euros for the airport carpark!

Opposite the airport entrance so ideal for early flights. We had a free upgrade due to building work and the suite was outstanding with more than home comforts. Tea and coffee available in the room. Very comfortable beds. Soundproofing. Car parking is available under the hotel. Allowed dogs - charge of 20 euros.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Don't stay here if you need good wifi!
    • Classic Single Room

The worst wifi of any hotel that I have stayed in for the last two years. The free wifi was 0.5 Mbps (worse than the old dial up) and the chargeable one (€4.95/day) was 5Mbps. The last hotel I stayed in in Madrid was 35Mbps for free and the best one in Amsterdam was 100 Mbps, also free. This sounds like a moan, but I needed to get important reports sent and I had to wait 24 hours until I got home. That's not acceptable for a biz hotel, in my view!

My last stay at Maritim.. Never Again.
    • Classic Double Room

Extra charge for early check-in. Full payment at the check-in. It was my 6th stay at this hotel. As a loyal customer I did not liked this approach. If there is a clean room they could give it since I have a reservation. That was my last time.

Just next to the Airport.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Superb location and luxury feel - big winner!

Nothing - superb

Beautiful feel to the hotel, great location opposite the airport door, friendly staff and an on the go breakfast for free which I really appreciated!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

King of convenience but avoid if you can't stand the heat.
    • Classic Double Room

My room was uncomfortably hot - 25 degrees. When I tried to turn it down, the digital control just said off. When I queried this with reception, I was told that it's winter, the heating is on, the rooms are not individually controllable and to open the window if I'm too hot...That is wrong on so many fronts, it's a huge hotel so if everyone is too hot....? The rooms are not individually controllable? I can't remember staying anywhere where that was the case. Breakfast was ok, but for the cost it wasn't good value for money. The evening meal was nice, reasonably priced but took a long time to arrive. Having said all this, I would go back just for the location, bedroom to departures in 5 minutes made it all worthwhile!

Very attractive hotel located right outside the airport terminal building, fantastic powerful shower and a very large room.

A great backup to the city centre hotels

Having to use lifts between floors making trip to ironing room bit of a trek and very uncomfortable pillows

Very friendly staff, clean hotel in all areas, close to airport

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

A very good stay directly at airport
    • Classic Double Room

There was no kettle in the room.

Friendliness of the staff, the building, the beds, the location, reasonable prices for drinks and continental breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Comfortable bed.
    • Classic Double Room

Dismissive reception staff, no tea making facilities in room. No air con, when I asked about cooling the room I was told to open the window and they put the phone down.

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Needs a revamp...
    • Comfort Double Room

WiFi was unusable in my room on the 5th floor. There was only one very thin pillow which wasn't comfortable and no extra pillows in the room. Towels in the bathroom were old and thin and need renewing. Room service stops at 23:00/23:30 and no menu in the room unless it was on the TV which was a software driven IP television which takes ages to turn on and change channel...I gave up and went to bed hungry.

Perfect location for the airport. Great Maritim buffet breakfast but 21 EUR extra. Large "5 star business hotel" lobby area, but even the superior rooms are basic 4 star.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Best airport hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing other than maybe would have been nice to have tea and coffee facilities in the room.

An excellent hotel with lovely decor. A very comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Disgusting and over prices hotel

Most of things lack of information and smelly room tried to change a room couple of time they all smell and dirty ...especially the staff so rude.

Close to airport....

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

It was a nice looking hotel.

It was our third time in this hotel for business and it was the worst experience that we had. They gave two double beds for two rooms although I especially indicated that I want 2 single beds for each room during my reservation. The bathtub was plugged after taking shower. The tecnical staff that they send to the room didn't know english, so we couldn't communicate, and he didn't solve the problem and he told that it was a small problem. On the other hand, we want to order a meal to the room. Normally there was a restaurant menu on the tv but it didn't work. As I called reception, they sent the same technical staff who didin't solve the problem again. Also the second room's wi-fi didn't work and when we asked the new password from the reception, they couldn't give. In addition, the other room's wi-fi connection was very slow.

It was a nice looking hotel. The lake view in front of the hotel was amazing. There was a nice breakfast in the morning. The beds are comfortable.

Browse Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover traveller photo gallery