Reviews of Maritim Hotel Frankfurt This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Theodor-Heuss-Allee 3, 60486 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#137 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Spacious rooms for 2 people , very clean, room service is...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No free drinking water No bathrobe No slippers We estimate for the price we booked it should have been there,

Spacious rooms for 2 people , very clean, room service is good

Great location for exhibition visitors but that's all.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very expensive. I am not satisfied about the cleaning of the room. I would not recommend the breakfast. I am sure a sandwich in exhibition area will be much cheaper yet better.

Very convenient for exhibition visitors. Located in the Franfurt Messe Exhibition area. There is a direct entrance just next to the hotel. Also close to the center, takes 15-20 mins walking.

Location and Staff kindness
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room service is so bad ... careless in cleaning the room ... 2 times I have left the Coffee cups after the use for next day ... but room service came and left and not touched it ! Room doesn’t look tidy and clean every time after room service visit ... except the bed blanket which might means everything for the room service.

Location and Staff kindness

Great Location breakfast cost let down
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Didn’t have breakfast as €25 is overpriced for breakfast considering the cost of the hotel room disappointing that it’s not included in the room price

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Room is acceptable clean and very comfprtable.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel wasn't well organised. The check in process wasted lots of times even the bookings and payments have been completed and paid more than a month. Our baggage were mixed with other groups by their staffs.

Room is acceptable clean and very comfprtable. Breakfast is nice.

Expensive and overrated. There are a lot more other hotels to choose from.

I think this hotel is expensive. I booked a room for a family but since I have 3 kids I had to book another room. Ended up paying way to much. Tried to call them and asked for assistance or but booked the room without cancellation so we were stuck with it. Other friends of our booked a hotel across the street for more than half the price as ours. We even went up to their room and would say we over paid for ours.

Location is good. Not near the red light district. Safe for kids and families. Near a shopping mall. The tram will take you to the central station in few stops.

Very comfortable and good value.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I just wanted muesli, coffee and fruit for breakfast but would have had to pay for a full breakfast to get muesli. I thought this to be a fair exchange for sliced bread with butter/jam/honey, cheese, meat, croissants, pastries & rolls, but was not allowed. Other than that there is nothing to complain about.

We ate at the restaurant one night and we were well cared for. As soon as we were seated the waiter advised us that there was a larger tour group, which were about to be served and said there would a short wait before he could take our meal order. He did however take our drink order. Of course we understood and the wait was not too long. The Reception staff gave excellent service and were very pleasant. :) Tram station was just a few minutes walk from the front door.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

For Business ok.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Distracted staff, talking with her Spanish friends while doing my checkout. Took more than 15 minutes to conclude in an invoice. No excuse, no reason given. Breakfast looks vast and manifold, actually it is poor. Salmon was cemented as it appeared to be the reminiscence of the previous day. The cake server for the fried eggs was as clotted as a bucket of tar. The WiFi speed as the American way: of course we offer free WiFi, nevertheless, you won't be happy with its speed. Therefore, please pay additionally. To be honest: Motel One, round the corner, includes a fast WiFi in its price.

A great location in general; public transportation within 2-3 min walk. Good breakfast buffet.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The temperature of the pool water was on the cool side. If you only wanted to do laps it would have been fine, but a bit on the cool side to just leisurely paddle about and chat. I would have liked to have an iron and ironing board, but those are not available in the standard room. Shower gel and shampoo were provided, but we like getting lotion and conditioner as well and these latter two items were not given.

Liked the comfortable mattress and pillow. (My husband found the mattress a bit on the soft side, but I liked it. ) Towels were a good size. Good air conditioning. We liked that you could hear the TV from the bathroom (speakers in the ceiling.) We liked that the pool was open for a long time, even up until 11 pm. The view from the pool (8th floor) was great and the water changing colours was interesting.) We liked that the elevator was "smart". When not in use, it would be waiting with doors open on the ground floor. When you touched your room key to the scanner, the elevator immediately knew to take us to our floor. Free wifi in room and business centre in lobby with free printing was appreciated. (Used it to print off our boarding pass.) We liked that there was "flavoured" water (lemon or orange slices) available in the lobby when you came in. Location was great. (About a 1 minute walk from the tram/bus and about a 3 minute walk from the subway. You can buy a ride all day card for 5.30 Euros right at the tram/subway station. ) You can walk to the main train station in about 20-25 minutes. Good breakfast buffet that appealed to a wide variety of clientele: could even get miso soup and rice in the AM!

Comfortable and good location, shame about the hidden charges.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

You have to pay extra for the parking, gym and sauna! The parking was an extra 35 Euro so be warned! We were there on a weekend so could easily park on the street, but it was not was expected. The pool was free but gym and sauna was another 5 Euro each. This could have been made more clear during the booking.

Beds very comfy, good location, room very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Overnight Stay with family

8 Euro for a small beer, I should have asked the price before buying 2! Extra charge for parking of 35 Euro per day. No double bed

Location, Pool, availability of early check in ( although charged extra for this)

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The location is good.

Crazy 35 Euro for guest parking. We had our pet dog with us. But there is nowhere allow dogs. So we have to eat outside. There were so many family and kids on our floor. People were running from room to room. Rooms are old, water from the shower was cold and hot in every 5 seconds. And the internet is very bad. Pillows are the worst I have slept. It was a mistake that I choose here.

The location is good. A big shopping mall nearby. The price of the room was good.

I was in Germany for 16 days, 5 days in Frankfurt in This...

WIFI too slow

I was in Germany for 16 days, 5 days in Frankfurt in This Hotel in three different dates. I return due to a staff and location is perfect. Cons: WIFI is too slowly, NOT ice machine available for the gust.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Best hotel in our tour of Europe
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

2 single beds instead of 1 double..however the view was good, so we didnt mind it.best hotel in our tour of Europe

Spacious bright room, 5 min walk to shopping centre, 20min walk to city centre,breakfast was good. Nice helpful staff. Lovely hotel

Internet!!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very week internet speed. Very slow and frustrating. Also there is no free wate in the room . I have to pay for the bottle water and it is very expensive.

Location. Clean.

this hotel is intended to rip off corporations.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A lengthy check in process with about 4 very unhappy customers before me, and more waiting behind me. The receptionist gave me a price 40 euros above the booking.com price. we finally agreed she would check with her manager. In the end the booking.com price is what I paid. 20 euros for breakfast seemed out of line. We walked to a nearby mall to get breakfast items for a fraction of that cost

I would choose another hotel!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Parking was unavailable due to the concert that evening. Martim should reserve a number amount of parking spots or floor strictly for customers staying, and no set price or discount. Had to pay full overnight rate. Far different than other hotels who offer a discounted rate. Only one restaurant was open on a Saturday evening making us venture out to another eatery. Accommodations did not match the location.

Great location, and breakfast was awesome!

A very enjoyable place to stay in Frankfurt
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking rather expensive. WiFi a bit slow.

Excellent food in the restaurant, splendid view over Frankfurt, good 8th floor swimming pool. Very good check in and check out experiences with pleasant, helpful staff.

The wi-fi was terrible and when I asked about the problem...

The wi-fi was terrible and when I asked about the problem was told that the hotel was busy and nothing could be done about it which was very dissapointing, I wont be staying there again as for business this is essential.

EXCELLENT FOR A BUSINESS STAY.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

1) MAY BE MORE SITTING FACILITIES WHILE WAITING IN THE RECEPTION AREA. 2) THERE CAN BE SOME MORE PAPER TISSUES IN THE ROOM. 3)CAN BE MORE PLUGS FOR PC AND THE GSM PHONES ON THE TABLE IN THE ROOM.

Good location but not good value for high price.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Overpriced. No fridge. No trouser press. Poor coffee in room. TV channels inadequate for English language.

Comfortable room. Helpful staff. Location.

Maritim, you can do much better!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I stay already for 15 years in your hotel, but was shokked by changed F&B facilities ( breakfast and japanese diner ). This used to be great, but this time we were very disappointed about the quality of food and employees.

Location and rooms are great. Next to Messe is fine.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

On 3 occasions (2 x Wed, 1 x Sat) staff just came into our room using their master key. There was no obvious reason for this (ie room service ordered). On one occasion my partner had literally just walked out of the shower and was mortified. The hotel did deduct about £22 from our bill, which we accepted, but this is not the point. When booking a room in a hotel of this standing, the least you expect is to be given some privacy. We are unlikely to stay again when we visit for the next exhibition at Messe

Comfortable room, good location for business

The location is so easy for the Messe and approx 30 euros taxi fare from the airport.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Slightly awkward at breakfast when we weren't offered tea or coffee, so we went looking for it. Hairdryer in the room is the usual small, weak, hot hotel hairdryer.

The 8th floor room was spacious and quiet. The shower was excellent and towels were fluffy and bright white. The toiletries provided were plentiful and decent quality. Hotel was perfect location for a trade fair at the Messe, we were able to walk to the trade fair without going outside in the snow! Good variety at breakfast time. The concierge and reception staff were very helpful.

Quality was lower than supposed by prize
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

WiFi was extremely slow worked mostly occasionally. Service in reception was very slow. Price of the room was very high and breakfast was not included. Sauna and pool was 5 eur / day.

Breakfast was good and hotel was clean. Location is great if you are participating fairs

Hurrible Hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

- The staff were rude - Not flexible - No accommodation park, you have to pay EU 35 per day to park your car - No Iron inside the room - The Gym was terrible, no good machines

The Location and room was big One staff (Asian) staff supported us

We would book this hotel again for our next stay in Frankfurt!

Hotel car parking was expensive for us €35 per day.

Kids loved the pool. Room was spacious and comfortable. We parked our car on a street 100 meters from the hotel for free. There were nice restaurants near the hotel so it was perfect for us.

Doesn't worth Euro 500 per night for sure !!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Poor & selective service by concierge. No iron & iron board in room, you have to carry your clothes to a dirty room to iron there. Very poor WiFi Doesn't worth Euro 500 per night for sure !!

Excellent location next to fair. Excellent bar run by Tony & Jerry. Clean rooms.

Overall, it is reasonably comfortable. I was thinking of coming back before met this taxi driver.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I booked a taxi via the conceige to go to the airport. The driver charged me 52 Euro dollars. Whereas from the airport to the hotel, I only paid 31( I called a taxi at the airport). On the website, it says it may cost about 25. Obviously the taxi driver booked by the conceige cheated me! It is very disappointing!

Good size Very quiet Good location

Overpriced for what you get. Not overly central. Decent bar in the place.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Dated rooms, needs modernising. Not a huge issue however no English speaking channels aside from 24 hour news.

Great view. Ok location. Staff good on reception however was hounded 6 times on a Saturday morning from 9am for them to clean my room. Sometimes people like a lie in when they don’t get one at home.

We arrived from a 14 hour flight at 7.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We arrived from a 14 hour flight at 7.30 in the morning and check in was scheduled at 15.00 PM. a very helpful gentleman at the reception arranged an early check in which allowed us to freshen up and start our visit to the fair. great service. PS.the bar is fabulous and the service impeccable !

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

bathroom very old. water in bath/shower on the first day sometimes cold and than very hot again. the second day it did not get warm at all. when waiting to be seated in the Japanese restaurant I waited for 7 minutes but no one helped me although they saw me.

Overall a very nice stay.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There was no help from reception on taking luggage to your room and not even a small complimentary Mineral Water in room.

The location of hotel is excellent very close to Messe Frankfurt, cleanliness is superb, facilities very good and staff is very co-operative.

Bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The bathroom tub didn't drain properly, so I was standing in water while showering.

Bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. Great location! Also, the breakfast was very good!

dissapointment
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff tiered and rude, unwilling to help in several occasions breakfast, printers in business center not working for 3 days, breakfast below par, staff rude when asking to clean our table, room very basic not worth the amount paid,

location the only plus close to fair.

Great location, clean and comfortable. 28 euros for breakfast is over priced.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Didn't know I had to pay extra to use the pool. Breakfast was too expensive so we didn't try it.

Upgraded to a lovely room. Close to Messe. Swimming pool

a deal at the Maritim if visiting the show is an excellent choice
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

we hit breakfast at a bad time and the space for moving around was too congested, 20 min later it was fine but a bad layout for a large number of guests- as it is a big hotel it should be expected Bar prices expensive as expected

check in was ok, room was fine and spacious location so close to the Messe was excellent

The staff was not cooperative at all.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff was not cooperative at all. They were so cold. I requested if they can give me a room bit early as I was not feeling well but they didn’t showed any interest. They finally gave me a room but they charged me too much for that room. I requested a double bed or a queen bed as my wife was going to join me. They gave a very uncomfortable bed and the mattresses were single mattresses but 2. We had a terrible night. I am never gonna book this hotel at this price with this attitude. I hope hotel management will take my review seriously and will do something about it. It was the most expensive hotel I ever stayed and with worst attitudes from staff.

Don't Stay Here
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Double bed with a small single quilt & only 1 pillow that was wafer thin. Contempt for the customer. Coffee like dishwater at breakfast. Far too expensive @ 350 euros per night NOT including breakfast.

Stay at the Marriott across the road

Heimtextil 2018
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The design is a bit outdated, the hotel needs redecorating, but everything's of good quality and works well. The bar could have been non-smoking, it gets hard to breathe when full. Breakfast around 7.45-8.30 is very crowded, the waiters don't clean the tables which adds to the confusion. We recommend having breakfast elsewhere at this time.

The closest hotel to Messe you can find, it takes just 2 min to get to hall 5.1. Also close to restaurants, shopping and metro station. Taxis at the entrance 24h. Anything we asked for was resolved very quickly and efficiently. Great live music and coctails at the bar. Our stay was very pleasant, the hotel location saved us a lot of precious time. Definitely returning next year.

Location makes this hotel acceptable
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The price is very high for a tired hotel and I think kit is living on complacency based on its attachment to eth Expo grounds. Room 788 (€434 per NIGHT) had very ill-fitting bath surround and panels and non-too-efficient air-con. The quality of the bathroom resembled a hostel - and a poor one at that

Location makes this hotel acceptable

Disappointing stay for New Years Eve, maybe we were just unlucky
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Really don't want to be negative but sadly things didn't live up to expectations and even though the hotel staff tried it was a really poor experience. We checked in and went to our room and found we were given a twin room when we had booked a double room months in advance, we were told the reason for this was that it was very busy. We ended up returning to reception and were give a single occupancy double room instead which was fine but our room had all facilities for 1 person, We had to call reception 3 times to get things right and to bring 2 towels, 2 cups, 2 single duvets some shower gel etc and bedding for the cot as we originally requested a baby cot on our booking and this was not prepared, we had to ask for this again, when it arrived it came with no bed sheets. We were told that there was no need to book restaurants for the evening meal (New Years Eve) both over the phone before we arrived and when we checked in, We got dressed to go for a quick early new years eve dinner (7pm) in the hotel but ended up going straight back to the room and the only choice was to order room service as they were fully booked and the sushi restaurant was closed, we ended up spending 40+ Euros for 2 burgers and 2 small beers in our room. Our room was quite cold and the heating was only blowing cold air, we had to wait for an engineer to come to the room to repair which wasn't a major issue but after our experience at that point just added to the frustration. It was fixed and took about 30 mins to warm the room. The next morning we decided to try the sauna after a lovely breakfast, the facilities were a major factor in booking this hotel but we were told it was out of service and an engineer was working to fix it, they offered us to stay until 2pm to get it fixed so that we could use it but we had a train to catch so we ended up just getting out of there and checked out early. We paid 30+ Euros for the parking overnight and unfortunately were happy to leave.

Breakfast buffet was great with a good selection, Staff were very polite and helpful and really tried to get things right. Great Location.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Really a lovely hotel/breakfast!!! Bar inside is a smoking bar, so not for non-smokers!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

VERY BIG PITY that smoking is allowed in the bar inside the hotel. We really wanted to enjoy some time there, but could not because of this. Have stayed at this hotel before and I was surprised to by charged extra for using the sauna. There are no clear signs explaining this. Not even on the sign-in sheet.

Everything was very welcoming (Christmas decorations etc.), clean and comfortable

Great Corporate traveller feedback
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel was excellent and closer to the exhibition site with very easy access. We will definitely use them next time. It is very well situated for FIE so we should remember this for next time! Thank you for your hard work finding this place it was really good – the Japanese restaurant was also excellent 

Great hotel but be careful if noise sensitive
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Even though I requested already during the booking process (so very early) explicitely a quiet room, mine had windows to the street. And i heard the traffic noise clearly. The Windows are apparently not sufficient to keep it outside.

Wellness area close to perfect. Great breakfast. All in all worth the higher price compared with other comparable hotels.

Perfectly located hotel, with very polite stuff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Parking accessibility for higher cars. The only possible parking I've found was underground with height limit of 2,00m.

Great location and restaurants offer.

The hotel was excellent and closer to the exhibition site...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel was excellent and closer to the exhibition site with very easy access. We will definitely use them next time. The Japanese restaurant was also excellent 

Short but sweet.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Non-rate inclusive breakfast is expensive, especially if you don't want the full cooked breakfast

Rooms are a good size and location is very convenient for the Congress Centre.

Fix your WIFI -- everything else is good quality
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

WIFI was shockingly bad. I couldn't work. A few times I had to move to Marriott lobby to get work done. I wouldn't stay again because of this.

Good hotel would recommend.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast expensive at 28Euro.

The bedroom on the 8th floor was very comfortable and quiet. It was great to have a coffee making machine and a kettle with tea bags etc.

A great choice for business travels visiting the expo.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The drip brewed coffee served for breakfast could be a little better.

Very nice bedsheets and nice towels. Nice view from the room, and a friendly staff. They allowed me to drop off off my luggage at the hotel on the morning of my check-in day so I didn't need to bring it to the expo, with no hesitation on their behalf.

Internet speed was very poor

Internet speed was very poor I had some defects in Room as defect Telephone and some other small things, which was repaired after 2 times talking to front desk

Unbeatable hotel location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel is a bit old and not very modern, the free internet was very slow, looking on google map was hopeless with this connection, just ok for downloading emails and reading news.

The location is great, the breakfast had a good variety and great food. This hotel has everything I needed and just a few meters from our office

The pool is lovely.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The level of noise (loud music) and smoke in the bar is unbearable! Wi-fi very slow (due to the number of guests trying to use it, I think, as it sped up during the week as people left).

The pool is lovely. Service good. Facilities great.

The staff were excellent
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We could not work out why the advertised restaurants were closed on Saturday night food choice was very limited. Also a query on why the cocktail bar stinks. What's with smoking inside in Germany

The staff were excellent

short stay for the Messe
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

it is not as clean as a real 5-star hotel, the sink was dirty with hairs, the floor with a lot of flakes, the furniture is old, the worse thing was a free WIFI it is so slow that even a mobile version websites take about half a minute to load in the average. Parking is a separate company but you can pay at the reception the price is 35 Euro pro day !!!

The Location is very good, it is at the same block of the Messe, it has large rooms, large variety of food in the Breakfast.

I reserved for my boyfriend's birthday.

I reserved for my boyfriend's birthday. In order to provide a birthday cake, the receptionist was really kind to organize and checking with restaurant staffs. It became one of the most amazing birthday memory for us. Also, it was a good day to remember for me and my boyfriend when we used to stay in Maritim through Emirates job. The room was fantastic with free fruits, chocolate and Sekt. We really felt comfortable in our room. I rate everything perfect for our stay at Maritim. Thank you for organizing a best day and stay for us.

Perfect!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Beer at the hotel bar could be cheaper.

Everything was perfect! I really enjoyed the pool and the sauna! I had a nice, big and comfortable room with a nice view! The staff were polite and helpful! I also loved the burger with sweet potato fries (they tasted like in NYC)!! This hotel deserves a higher average than it currently has on booking!! The location is great too - next to Skyline Plaza, tram, Ubahn, a few stops from the main train station...

Altogether we enjoyed our stay.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

There were two let downs: first, extra costs for gym / sauna. And second, the porter who handed us the luggage from the storage room did not say a word, not even good bye, and went back to watching formula 1 in the lobby. Really rude!

Hotel design is a bit dated, but rooms are clean and in good condition. Receptionists were friendly. Location is not very central, but with good public transport connections.

Just ok
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Encens smell in the room, aged decoration, no ironing facilities in the room, extremely slow internet and cold swimming pool.

Location close to offices

good

None in particular

A shopping mall nearby to the convention center about 5 minutes on foot from the hotel has restaurants, shops, supermarkets and that is very convenient.

No non smoking rooms?
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I tried 4 non smoking rooms, all smelled of smoke. Merely re-designating rooms doesn't work! Restaurant: poor food and nothing was offered as replacement - sad!

I did not regret my choice

Everything is good.

I had continental breakfast instead. Therefore, no comments on egg. I like the option of continental breakfast, especially after staying at another Maritim hotel for 4 days and the same breakfast. Bed is good

Convenient location for going to a concert at the Festhalle.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room was warm, airconditioning did not seem to be working. Elevator system with key card automatically taking you to your floor is quite annoying if you want to visit a friend in a room on a different floor. One Baileys with ice in the bar priced at 10 euros! Breakfast buffet quite overpriced at 28 euros, 15 would have been more realistic compared to my experiences in other hotels.

Convenient location for going to a concert at the Festhalle. Nice lady at reception, nice room and nice view.

There is no parking
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Booking.com says there is a parking, but actually there is none. You will have to take public parking for which you pay 32 euro a day. Not a nice surprise.

Location and rooms ok and as expected.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Proximity to Messe, good bar with smoking (not a good point...

Décor is tired and need an overhaul. Bar doesn't open till 18.00 - weird !

Proximity to Messe, good bar with smoking (not a good point for some folk, I guess)

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Location was great, close to the imex fair.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Upon arrival -since I booked a one level higher category, I expected to get a king bed room which I kindly requested. I was offered to be downgraded (which I turned down) and eventually I got a room with two beds pushed together. The receptionist seemed to be annoyed by my request and quite indifferent. I paid more than 200 euros per night exclusive breakfast, a little understanding would have been appreciated. Equipment in the room: Iron was not really useable as had no steam function (I booked the higher category room mainly because iron was listed and as a business traveler it is important for me)and the bidet had very low water pressure. Shower head was a bit covered by limescale. Breakfast choice was below average and quality of coffee and breakfast items too. Services was great and restaurant staff friendly. A surprise charge for using sauna wasn't nice, I know 5 euros are not much and I paid it without going into an argument, but honestly no one informed me about the extra charge in advance. Spa was unstaffed, not a single soul and no note (not even in German) that sauna costs extra. And a surprise Asian delegation came into the pool area in suits together with management to check facilities without shoe covers. Wifi connection was quite slow even loading news pages and network wasn't available on quite a few occasions. Rooms services was quick, though food wasn't so great. After midnight only sandwiches or chili beans(???) are available.

Location was great, close to the imex fair. My room was spacious and had a nice view over the city. Drapes were blocking daylight completely, room was quite and mattresses in good condition. Rooms service was quick. I liked that the lift automatically recognized which floor my rooms was on once I touched the key against the sensor.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Excellent hotel, very good staff and will defo stay here again

Can't think of anything

right next door to Mezze Frankfurt - breakfast was great - the staff were all absolutely lovely and very professional - we would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Ridiculously expensive
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Underground parking was not available, despite confirmation by the hotel the day before. Hotel room was of very moderate quality for a huge price. Breakfast was ridiculously expensive with €25 pp

The breakfast was very good. The location right next to the fair is awesome.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

good location for our needs, decent bar too
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

staff are not very polite or courteous. I had lost my tooth paste and was given some that was over a year pass the expiry

good location for our needs, decent bar too

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Close to messe if you'r a smoker!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Smoking in the bar was discusting! This is illegal anywhere in the uk! Went in once them went to the hotel over the road for the rest of the trip. Scrambled eggs one slice or two!

Close to venue. Quick check-in and out. Good bed, and shower, all very clean.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Heimtex 2017
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is breathtakingly expensive at 28 Euros and I still cannot believe that people are allowed to smoke in the bar - disgusting. For access to the floors you need a key which is annoying if you have guests!

The range of foods available at breakfast is terrific, the rooms clean and well appointed and the situation is the best for the fair.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Excellent location - outdated atmosphere
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The atmosphere is not great, except for the bar. Rooms are basic. Overall impression is a bit outdated.

The location is perfect, especially if you're visiting trade shows or events in the Messe Center. The Japanese restaurant is very good, quite authentic with a great selection and variety. The bar is fantastic!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Expensive and nothing special
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff not welcome at all. WiFi not available after check out. Small swimming pool. Very expensive breakfast. Book another hotel if you can

The room and views from 8 floor

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Nice breakfast, location, view, decent room for the price.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I would prefer the bath robe and the slippers to be standard amenity to the room and not to be asked for. When I did asked them for, they were supplied with quite a delay. I really did not like the waitress at the hotel restaurant telling me I had to ask them for a reservation or where to seat when more half of the tables where empty and without reservation markings.

Nice breakfast, location, view, decent room for the price.

Browse Maritim Hotel Frankfurt traveller photo gallery