Reviews of Mark Apart Hotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Lietzenburger Str. 82-84, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10719 Berlin, Germany

#449 of 579 hotels in Berlin

The toilet ran throughout the night and kept everyone awake.

See above

The toilet ran throughout the night and kept everyone awake. Was fixed next day but not ideal and should have been corrected begore room was rented out.

Room was huge and the staff was really nice.
    • Business Double Room

Room wasn't the absolute cleanest but it was fine.

Room was huge and the staff was really nice. I didn't have breakfast but it smelt amazing every morning. Food and a grocery store near by.

Please read this all before you book! There is a massive, noisy, dusty construction project taking place by the hotel from 8am to 7pm. Look at the photo I uploaded. Rooms are not noisy/dusty? Rubbish, they re. I am suffering from back pain and therefore I always ask in advance to have a confirmation and then book a DOUBLE bed. If you look at the photos I uploaded, they put two twin beds together and called it double! Funny enough, twin beds had different levels and were not same! One was higher than the other one!!!!!!! I came back to reception, Receptionist gave me a very nasty, sarcastic laugh saying that’s all hotel could offer and sorry. I was coming from long trip, thirsty, knackered ... and asked her for a glass of water whilst she asked me to wait for her to deal with other guests queuing behind me. Guess what? She said: vending machine is in the back!!!!! After having a long and tension conversation, they send me to another hotel and not paying for my taxi to get there. Guess what? Same bed in the new hotel but at least a polite receptionist !

Its a old and shabby property, room was right next to...

Its a old and shabby property, room was right next to construction site with too much dust and noise. Check out staff was unfriendly / racust and didnt even bother to ask how the stay was. Better find a hostel or backpacker.

Location was good (for luxury) shopping nearby.
    • Business Double Room

It was actually a hostel not a hotel. There was not a fridge or phone in room. If you wanted to buy water there was 3.5 euro the price of bottle in the table...or 2.5 Eur 0.5 ml in the machine outside the room. Wall insulation was weak. The receptions were a bit reserved to answer you questions. If you want to let your luggage some time you have to pay. For some 50 Euro more I regretted to not booking some other HOTEL nearby.

Location was good (for luxury) shopping nearby. near u-bahn stations also. Rooms were clean and cleaning employees were fine. not like reception...

Avoid. Grotty, no hot water, white stains on duvet, and poor facilities.

There was no hot water. The duvet had white stains on it that looked very much like bodily fluids, as did one of the seats. Our room didn't come with a kettle or any facilities to make hot drinks as is shown in the pictures. The phone in the room didn't work when we tried to call reception. There is no free WiFi as is indicated in the profile. The sink was cracked. The "double bed" was just two single beds pushed together, and the would roll apart if you got close to the middle. We asked the staff to change rooms but they claimed that the issues with hot water were for the whole hotel and that they were fully booked. In the morning they avoided all guests. Would definitely not stay again.

As arranged, we arrived just after 11pm and the reception was still active. Check-in was easy.

Good but the water was problem.

Realy nice bathroom but without hot water. If you want hot bath. You can not because hot water flow a few minutes a them you can get only cold water.

Design of rooms. Very quality italian restaurant before hotel. Personál.

Perfect for a city-break in Berlin.

Although Reception 24/7, check-in is not possible after 11p.m. We didn´t have breakfast, but we saw there was a "soja-milk" note attached to lactose-free milk. This is not the same. The hotel wifi logged me out everyday after coming back to the room. Cleanless in the bathroom could be a little better. The hotel doesn´t offer king size beds. Their double rooms are in reality all twin rooms. That was a big surprise for me and my partner.

Fast check-in and easy check-out. Our room (#302) was very spacious and it had a balcony. The Hotel is just 450m from U1 Uhlandstr (Berlin City West). Ku´damm and city center are easily accessible with local transportation. Reception 24/7. Fast wifi. Very nice design of the room.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Perfect location and clean hotel

Asked for a fan on the first day but didn’t recieve till the third day. Did not impact anything otherwise

The cleanliness of the hotel was perfect from the lobby to the room. The staff were always attentive and cleaning staff were very friendly. It is in the perfect location, and would reccomend anyone to stay here.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Nice one-night stay

beds had wheels, so the two beds moved around independently at night. Room was quite warm at night, didnt find an ac.

Very nice and helpful staff. Great location. Clean and nice place in general.

The reception staff were unfriendly and not supportive to the lack of proper ventilation in our room

Temperature, the aclimatisation of the room on the 1st floor number 117 and the reaction of the Hotel staff: Although spacious it was stuffy and hot. There was no circulation of air in the room and no built-in ventilation. It was over 45 degrees celcius in the room. We drew all curtains but it did little to help. We asked for a fan or if we could switch rooms, maybe one that was not in the direct blaze of the sun but we were met with disinterest. We were told that all fans were out, if one were to be available we would have to ask for it in the evening. When we requested to have the fan brought up to our room when it was available, we were told that it was not possible. We would have to come by to get it in the evening if one was available. "That's how it is" says the reception personelle. Fortunately for us, we met a nice cleaning lady and she promised to put a ventilator (fan) in our room. Thumbs up for her :-)! However, the ventilator only functioned on a timer basis of Maximum 2h. So we had to start it every 2 hours over again throughout the night. Which meant my roommate and I took turns getting up throughout the night to switch the fan on. It was also extremely weak and very dusty. My roommate started sneezing and developed a dry scratchy throat. We had our room door opened the entire afternoon until bedtime to allow air circulation and the window only after 6pm when the noisy and dusty building contruction just outside our window ended for the day. All these factors would have been overlooked if the staff were a little bit more friendly and interested in helping us find a solution to our predicament. The staff were not at all helpful or interested in helping. Could it be the heat? Cleanliness: The room was only superficially clean. The first night the bedding seemed to be clean. Over the course of the first sleepless night one of our pillows fell onto the floor.

The rooms spacious. The bed comfortable. The free wifi was a very welcomed perk. The bathroom was also very spacious and lighting was sufficient. There was also facial tissues.

HORRIBLE

(WARNING)This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, I would have rather slept on the street. The sleeping conditions were absolutely HORRENDOUS i would compare it to sleeping in a sauna. The staff were very unfriendly and not helpful at all!! We left the hotel after 1 night staying and still had 3 more to go. They were not sincere at all that we were leaving. what a waste of money!!

My worst experience on booking.com. Never ever book this hotel. You can find much better options.

My worst experience on booking.com. Never ever book this hotel. You can find much better options for the same or lower price. First and foremost, the hotel staff was extremely unhelpful. On all my requests I've heard only "I'm sorry I can't help you". I was waiting for an extra towel for three days. Room service works only till 12 pm. After 12 pm you can forget about any requests. Secondly, there is no air flow inside the rooms. I'm not even speaking about air conditioners (there are no air conditioners anywhere). You can literally die from stuffiness. And guess what you hear from the "helpful" staff? Right, "I'm sorry we can't help you". Moreover, there is a huge construction (demolition of a building) right in front of the window, so if you open the window get ready for the dust on your face. And yes, forget about rest. I hope my experience will help you to skip this hotel and to enjoy wonderful Berlin with good accommodation.

The location, spacious rooms.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

No air conditioning in the rooms if you're not a buisness room. When asked for a fan it took 2 days to get one. Staff was very unhelpful and unprofessional.

The location, spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very comfortable hotel in a gorgeous area

This is the second time I stayed here and the staff have always been super friendly and helpful. The rooms are very big and quite modern so it's super comfortable and it's pretty close to Berlin main international station as well as other stations and bus stops.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Excellent value of money and professional staff.

Mark apartment hotel provided a ground floor room with disability facilities which is highly appreciated. Bath room is big with purposely installed wheelchair facilities including handbar, shower stool and even lowered make-up mirror. Very considerate. When I asked reception staff about public transportation and surprised they even sell day pass. Super helpful. Super beer in the Italian resteraunt just opposite of the street.

Very nice stay, the hotel acknowledged the noise and changed our room.

Our room was very noisy in the morning because the hotel is just near a construction site. When we asked for a room change the receptionist found us a new room a couple of days after, and issued a 20% refund for the days we stayed in the noisy room. But I had to call booking to get the refund through them, since the refund procedure is not automatic.

The room was beautiful and spacy, and the position is great: metro station (U) at 5 minutes, train station (S) at 15 minutes.

Room was big for its price.

The TV was broken and the staff didn't bother to update us about it or book us to another room. No TV during the whole stay as what was written in the reservation

Room was big for its price.

Great location, great place and great stuff

Everything was great, we had a great time, me and my boyfriend. The staff was friendly and helpfull when we needed. The room looked just like the picture. The price for 3 nights was great

The property is very close to lots of stores and eateries.
    • Standard Triple Room

There is a construction next to the property. Every morning starting at 7am it is very noisy. The shower head in the bathroom is not in the correct position, it will splash all over the bathroom door because the glass door only covers half of the tub.

The room is huge.

Excellent staff!
    • Standard Single Room

The room I was assigned to was very noisy (people talking very loudly outside my room - ground floor). It would have helped to have a better sound-insulated room or putting a sign in the corridor inviting people to talk quietly. Connecting to the internet was straightforward but it would help to put an English translation along with the German information sheet.

Excellent staff! Very polite and welcoming, always with a smile and ready to answer any queries. I liked the room design and the bed was very comfy. Excellent location with good connections to the city centre and lots of restaurants and shops around.

The maids are thieves, raking through your belongings when...

The maids are thieves, raking through your belongings when your not in. Not happy at all that my Swarovski bracelet got stole from one of the men who clean their!!

Hotel was well located, close to the U bahn and the main...

Hotel was well located, close to the U bahn and the main street in West part of Berlin. The room was very big and spacious. Bed was huge and very comfortable to sleep in. Also the bathroom was big and new. Stuff was amazing, very welcoming and super helpful.

Comfy stay
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The staffs were really friendly. They have a good breakfast option from 6-11am. The rooms were well light and the beds were really comfortable. The view from the balcony isn't priceless but you get a good amount of fresh air. The location is really amazing. 30 mins from the airport and really close to bus and metro stations. There are quite a few restaurants which are open late/24 hours. If you like burger do give Tommy's burger a try it's definitely one of the best one I had although I am not a burger fan.

Great hotel, great value

The room was quite stuffy. Even with the window open all the time. I think in the height of summer it could be quite uncomfortable.

The room was nicely decorated, spacious and clean. The bed was very comfy. The location was close to transport, shops, bars and restaurants.

Getting registered and checking out was cumbersome.

Construction next door was noisy and raised a lot of dust. They need additional staff. They were too busy. Staff at check-in was quite terse. I thought parking was steep.

Easy to find.

Nothing, never stay here

Everything possible was horrible, overcharged us for wanting to extend stay, horrible to us because we were from overseas and didn’t give us the room we booked, never again

Nothing, never stay here

The room is comfortable, pricey but good breakfast. Location is good but next to a construction site

We made a very early booking but we got a room facing a construction site. Thanks God we were there for a long weekend, this way we heard the noise only on our last morning.

Room was comfy and bright, modern.

Practical hotel within walking distance of Kudamm

Whilst no right on kudamm it is walkable. The room had most facilities but did not have air conditioning so windows had to be left open on a very warm night but the room was large and airy. One guest left their door open to try and get a breeze.

The room was light and airy and had all the storage required. The bathroom was large if a bit dated and the bath taps were in an awkward position for showering. Staff very practical but weren't very engaging, not asking how our stay was at check out.

staff were friendly and helpful.

No air con. it was very warm and aircon is a must. 1 lift was out of service so the 1 that worked was quite slow and busy. Also no teas/coffee fasilities in the rooms.

staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms and beds were changed daily. We had a problem with our room as that it was situated beside the next doors construction site but they moved us as soon as another room became available. Nice resturants near by and main shopping area is just around the corner

It was great.
    • Business Double Room

Paying to store luggage though it wasnt much just the principle

The rooms were nice & spacious. The price was also very good. Accessibility with public transport was excellent. Breakfast was ok too

The room was really spacious and comfy with my personal...

I didn't like the fact that rooms were without a/c and fans were no longer available. Luckily the weather work in my favour so I wasn't really bothered

The room was really spacious and comfy with my personal balcony. Staff were ok.

It was a city centre, great location, easy to find, staff...

It was a city centre, great location, easy to find, staff was friendly, clean and fine. The only issue I would say was water pipes definitely needing cleaning both in shower and even when washing hands. You would wait for quite some time, even after brushing teeth to be able to wash hands.

It was fairly close to a U-Bahn station and not far from an...

It was next to a construction site which started at half 6 in the morning.

It was fairly close to a U-Bahn station and not far from an S-Bahn station. The hotel is within a 2 minute walk of restaurants and grocery stores. The hotel has a 24 hour desk. The rooms are clean and have good facilities.

The subway is within walking distance.

Currently there are constructions ongoing on the next land plot. The begin the work at 7am and are really loud. The room was cleaned, I guess as much as it was possible, but there was mould underneath the shower glass wall, etc. The bed was rock hard, bad pillows, etc. The room was hot like an oven with no possibility to cool it down. Opening the window was also no real solution.

The subway is within walking distance. The room was spacious.

Great location, maybe a hotel for the winter.
    • Standard Triple Room

Property had no A/C it was super hot so we had to leave the window open, due to the central location it was really really loud+ construction work was starting next door at 7 in the morning. Furthermore the staff was not very helpful and unfriendly.

The location was good. Central and near to the metro station.

Basic but comfortable.
    • Business Double Room

Building work next door, not hotel's fault and did not spoil visit. Some seating on balcony would have been good.

Helpful staff, good location, plenty of restaurants and shops nearby also easy to access central Berlin.

Would not recommend it. Not even close to 2018 standards for this price...

Each morning cleaning stuff was banging the door, starting from really early, and if you didn't shout so they hear that you are inside they were just opening the door. One morning they opened the door four times, one every half an hour. Cannot say that they caused a bigger trouble than not letting me sleep (in fact it's a really big deal to constantly wake someone up), but there is also a word called 'privacy', uknown to hotel's staff. Furthermore, the lightning in the room was terrible. The room is big and there is no roof light in the main room, only some floor lamps. Imagine the lighting in a medium lit bar, and that's how it was in our room too. Great for atmosphere, terrible for anything else. Also the room lacks equippment like a fridge and a water boiling machine, things really common in other hotels.

The only good thing was that the room had been fairly spacious but in overall cannot say that this hotel is going to be a first place option for the next time.

Clean and tidy.

No onsite parking as advertised due to construction which we only found out about on arrival

Clean and tidy. Excellent location everything within walking distance and a beautiful Italian restaurant across the road

Staff was accommodating.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Construction & no parking. No refrigerator & no hot water for tea in your room. 2 separate rooms only a TV in one.

Staff was accommodating. Breakfast was yummy.

Brit in Berlin
    • Business Double Room

Concierge was annoyed by my arrival at 10pm as she was outside smoking with a colleague and I was briefly kept waiting to check in. My room was on the 5th floor and I could still hear the traffic with windows closed.

I had a business room and it was clean, spacious and comfortable with a pleasant bathroom.

Pictures on the website look similar to the actual view of...
    • Business Double Room

Pictures on the website look similar to the actual view of the room. After my research this hotel seemed to be the best option by compare price to comfort and location. There are a few restaurants around which offer a cheaper breakfast. The area is rather quiet and safe.

Great place, great rooms, great staff, lovely breakfast, great WiFi, Building work next door though.

Only one area I’ve marked down slightly is location, as it’s cutrently located next to a building site - and the VERY loud building work starts at 7.am on the dot. I know this isn’t the fault of the hotel, but still - not the best if you fancied a lie in.

Staff great, friendly, very nice and tidy inside, rooms great, large. Breakfast really good for the money!!

WiFi didn’t work on iPhone in the room (at the reception I...
    • Standard Single Room

WiFi didn’t work on iPhone in the room (at the reception I was told that it is quite usual), hairdryer didn’t work, construction works began just under the window at 6am and it was impossible to sleep even with closed windows.

Just location.
    • Standard Single Room

Poor services of breakfast and internet. Room cleaning has an issue as well. There was not iron plate! And one day forgot to leave towels in my room. Trying contact reception, faced another issue with the telephone line that did not work.

Just location. It was a wrong decision by me for the hotel.

Construction noise unfortunately overshadows the assets of the hotel

They are building next to the hotel, which makes horrible noise as from 7 AM even on Saturday! It is really not what you want on a holiday..

The location is is the best asset of this hotel

Big room, comfortable bed, big toilet
    • Business Double Room

The building next to my room was being demolished. Get woken up by very loud noise of the deconstruction process.

Big room, comfortable bed, big toilet

A really cute hotel in a good location, by the S-Bahn and...

The only qualm I would have was the radiator in the bathroom was broken so it was constantly on high. In order to keep the room cool, we had to keep the bathroom shut at all times otherwise it was like a sauna. However, that wasn't much of an issue after we figured out where the heat was coming from and we told the hotel staff so hopefully they'll fix it for the next guest.

A really cute hotel in a good location, by the S-Bahn and the U-Bahn as well as many cute cafes, bookstores, and bars. We only paid 92 euros for two nights and it exceeded our expectations. There was construction nearby but that didn't bother us as we're not picky. Definitely would stay here again.

I don’t recommend this hotel

Many things. Hotel is very expensive for what they offer as accommodation. Absolutely no any quality! I don’t want to write about things are not good there because are too many of them! I am architect by profession, and I was just wondering who made so bad hotel, where every single thing in the room has some problem when is about to be used. Breakfast is expensive. Small rooms (green) are dirty and full of hair everywhere. Property didn’t write notice that next door is building space (removing old building) what means a lot of noise.

Staff is friendly and was cooperative. Good breakfast. Good size of a room. WiFi is good.

The staff were very friendly and highly accomodating.
    • Business Double Room

The staff were very friendly and highly accomodating. Only issue with the room was with the shower screen. it allowed water to go onto the floor. I would stay here again.

It did not meet my expectations

I'm on vacation I came to visit my son in Germany and they gave me a room with a view to a building (horrible) I asked the man at the reception to change me, and what he did was send me to another room with the same view ! and the sound of the construction works start at 6:00 AM and did not apologize for this issue, the next day I asked again the Miss receptionist and she changed me to a room on the other side, also 1 day did not fix the room despite I put the green card, we asked at night to do it because we went out to dinner but still did not, otherwise the cost / benefit ratio is fine

The bed is very confortable

Interior of the rooms: the brightness, wide beds, color...
    • Business Double Room

Equipment for tea and coffee. There was only coffee bags and decafeined... Sadly

Interior of the rooms: the brightness, wide beds, color combinations...

The staff especially the day staff one certain woman...

The staff especially the day staff one certain woman was not so welcoming to me at all. And on the tv the channel that I wanted most was taken off although it was listed on the card. And when I let this same woman just said "you`re checking out" nothing mare not even looking up at me to even say thank you and goodbye! Nothing I gave my hard eraned Money to thwm and I get no thanks you or respect. A Big dissapointment for me. I wil not reccomend this Hotel to anyone.

Stuff was great, but room was for one preson not for 2 very...

They give me room for one person with two beds, there were not space, dirty toilets. I was with frend and we need to sleep like together, they didint give us separatly bed

Stuff was great, but room was for one preson not for 2 very small and not comfortable without balkony and tiulem was dirty. I asked for a room with balkony and bathtoobe and that give me little room for one person and we were 2 without balkony etc!!

Very good hotel
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Staff is okay, not the best. We want to let our bags in hotel for a 2 hours after check out, but the staff says that they do not look after these.. and this is our own business when something is stolen 🙄 so we take our bags with us

Good location, beautiful/big rooms, great family room, good breakfast

Great location,great breakfast, minor drawbacks include poor lighting,bulk shampoo/soap.

The heat level in the room was not adjustable, the tap in the bathroom only poured hot water but not cool,there were no bathroom accessories as described in the booking form,there was only a refillable plastic pot for shampoo and one for liquid soap.There was no carpet on the floor.

Great breakfast,great location.

very good value

I already stayed at this property in the past and had already rated it. In case a new review would delete the previous one I copy paste here my previous review: "very good value but annoying wifi - you need to log on to the wifi every 10 minutes or every single time your phone goes to sleep, it can be pretty annoying - the toilet was not very clean, neither was the floor, I think maybe maids are not given enough time to cleam them? - smokers, beware, ask confirmation whether you can smoke on the balcony or not I guess we were upgraded because we were only 2 persons but we got a huge room with enough sleeping space for 4 persons, and a balcony, which was fantastic warm room, comfortable beds, we could not hear any noise coming from other rooms or from the street, very nice staff, good coffee all in all a very good value" Not much to add, the night receptionist is very helpful and nice, this time we did not have a balcony but we had a very nice stay indeed.

Big Room with a seperate bathroom with bath and a toilet and...
    • Business Double Room

They are reconstructing but have faith in it that after finishing everything will be OK

Big Room with a seperate bathroom with bath and a toilet and a second bathroom with a shower and a toilet

Comfortable, warm and well located hotel that I would definitely recommend!

Although breakfast was good, a slight variation in the menu would be advised. The same breakfast is provided everyday and for guests that stay for a longer time this may be a negative.

Our room was very spacious, clean and the overall experience of the room was pleasant! The staff were friendly and the location of the hotel was very very convenient and safe!

Good stay for a weekend trip.

We had 3 people so one bed was the couch bed and it was terrible. It’s like laying on a piece of wood. They definitely need to update the beds for the couches.

It is a good location. About 15- 20 min from the Berlin Wall and other attractions. The room was very big! Everything was clean.

All in all ok
    • Business Double Room

It was constantly chilly in the room, especially since the room didn’t have carpet on the floor, only tyles, and every time cleaning lady was in the room she turned off the radiator?! That wasnt ok since it was beginning of February and it was very cold.

Location is great

right at the heart of the city, breakfast was great.
    • Standard Triple Room

the face of the building looks old and dated. inside it might have been renovated, but its okay.and its a little bit expensive.

right at the heart of the city, breakfast was great. the receptionists were great ! the room was spacious and comfortable.

A staff member opened our door at 9am without knocking only...

A staff member opened our door at 9am without knocking only to ask us if we needed room service. It was super disrespectful and very out of place. They should at least wait until later to clean the rooms or really make sure there is no one inside. Opening doors without people's permission is very very unprofessional!

Pretty good hotel. Good localisation. Nice staff
    • Business Double Room

Found it a bit off to have sink in the room not in the bathroom. Also, I specified I wish to have a room on top level if possible. Got a room on ground floor.

Very polite and helpful staff.

Value for money in a beautiful city!

The photos on website are deceiving. Room was worn with broken bedside tables and cracks in bathroom walls etc. Also a small bottle of water was 3.50. No coffee/tea in room which is normally standard. Needs updated throughout.

I like the location and price

Nice hotel close to the downcenter

Hotel is very close to the public transport, so you can easily get to the attractions. Room is very spacious and was cleaned every day. I would stay again in the same hotel next time :)

Good value for money. Excellent base camp to explore the city.

Pillows were too soft/flimsy. No tea/coffee facilities in the room, hot drinks vending machine in corridor but this was out of order. Lidl saved the day with it's 1 euro hot drinks machine. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as we thought it was quite steep at 12 euros each per day. We grabbed hot drinks and pastries at Lidl around the corner instead, since we ate plenty while out during the day anyway. Just one key per room and it's an old school key, not a card. Not a great variety of TV channels, only 3x English language channels - 2x US news & a US Jesus channel. Slow drainage in bathroom, particularly the sink.

Room was huge. The balcony was handy for my partner to vape outside, to check the weather and, as there was no fridge in the room, we could leave drinks in a bag outside to keep cold. Radiator in the room easy to control heating but we had it switched off the whole time as the hotel was very warm. Vending machines on every floor selling snacks & drinks (even beer!) - very handy in an emergency but overpriced. They also had a tea/coffee machine but this was out of order during our stay. There are Lidl & Edeka supermarkets just around the corner with everything you might need. Very close to Savignyplatz S-Bahn station which will get you around all the main sights and to the airport. Easier than going up to the big station at the zoo - but this has U-Bahn and other transport services if required.

The location was perfect, safe neighbourhood.

Water would't run through the drain both in the sink and the bathtub. We called for the plumber. Next day they said that the problem was fixed, but it wasn't de facto. The room number was 112 if I am not mistaken. It was surprising that in such a hotel, the luggage store policy would't provide safety to the belongings left it the storage room. No one keeps an eye on your luggage. At least it could have been locked on a key. Well, so we did't risk to leave ours and had to carry it along. Wifi was given on sort of cards for each person for only 24h. After it runs out you had to go down to ask for a new one at the desk. It was inconvenient as we could't connect once and forget about it.

The location was perfect, safe neighbourhood. We could rich out everywhere we needed by public transport. Some landmarks were only 15 min walk from the hotel. The room was ok, spaciuos, warm, clean and quiet. Staff was friendly and tried their best, but not always helpful, apparently because of the general hotel policies(storage room, wifi, plumber).

very good value but annoying wifi

Warm winter stay
    • Business Double Room

The personnel could’ve been better, the doors kept getting stuck and it was a bit of a walk from the metro but still convienent enough.

The bathroom (when you could exit it) was exceptional. There were two (one with a bathtub) which was just lovely after a long day. The bed was large and the blankets warm, the room itself was very spacious. There were also vending machines in the hallway which were nice.

Wouldn't stay again

Hotel is very tired, looks nothing like the pictures advertised on the website. When we checked in we were asked to sign a disclaimer that we wouldn't smoke in our room or we'd be charged €100 as its a non smoking hotel however the whole ground floor of the hotel stinks of cigarette smoke so I'm unsure how they determine who's smoking. We were first put in a tiny room where the bed touched both sides of the walls, this room isn't photographed and shown on any website and is not what we booked, my partner complained and we were moved to a bigger room. The decor is tired and shabby, our 'double' bed was two singles pushed together that moved apart as soon as we got in them. The bathroom is very outdated and I'd suggest hasn't been renovated for 15+ years and had a strange smell. You're advised to take personal items especially handbags with you when you leave you room or put them in lockers at reception, makes you feel very uneasy that your belongings aren't even safe in your own room. I understand you get what you pay for and this is most definately a budget hotel, we booked last minute and our stay wasn't expensive however pictures of the hotel should reflect its current state. There are far better places to stay in Berlin. Staff are fairly helpful, the guy who works in the restaurant for breakfast can be quite rude if you arrive later in the morning however. Location is pretty good especially if you're using S Bahn / U Bahn

Hotel is in a fairly good location, quite close to shops / restaurants & main trainlines.

Very pleased with both our trip to Berlin and with our stay at the Mark Apart Hotel.

Not having a bar was a bit of a disappointment, although there were several local shops available. Maybe fridges in the rooms would also be an benefit.

Excellent location overall, but potential guests need to be aware that they will need to use the Underground, Train and Buses a lot to get around all of the sites. We bought the ABC Welcome Card at the airport, as we had read up in advance.

It was nice, clean, near from ubahn station and kudamm...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

If you stay with many other guests, you won't able to use wifi. When I go back hotel after 9pm I tried to connect wifi, It said too many concurrent users! So I couldnt use wifi.

It was nice, clean, near from ubahn station and kudamm street. There was edeka in 3 min.

8 nights
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Cleaning service is rubbish Under bed was a lot of dust even after we told them to clean it In the corners also Bed sheets been changed only once in 8 nights Also only after we asked them to do it Bath liking. Not clean place

Poor, but i got the night sleep i needed the most for an ok price.

The foieur was dirty, the staff was uninterested, wifi did not work, there is no bar or cafe in hotel.

The bed was big and comfortable, the room was spaceous.

Browse Mark Apart Hotel traveller photo gallery