Reviews of meinHotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Langenhorner Chaussee 99, 22415 Hamburg, Germany

#242 of 338 hotels in Hamburg

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

It was very close to the airport so if you have to catch an...

It was very close to the airport so if you have to catch an early flight it's perfect. Other than that the bed was comfortable, the shower was nice and everything was clean

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I would recommend this property again, I would stay here again!

Because I am a safety specialist I must say their showers could have been safer however this does seem to be the norm for the European market which is a slippery surface but it still acceptable by the people using the facilities.

There was no staff on site when I arrived so staff interaction was limited and we did not eat on site. I would recommend this location for other travellers. The staff I spoke to over the phone before arriving was helpful and informative.

Pretty basic, but clean and comfortable room.

Pretty basic, but clean and comfortable room. Very conveniently located for transport to the airport. It only took me 10 minutes to walk to the Hamburg Airport. The metro was only a 5 minute walk away, so I also had a chance to go downtown.

Great for somebody who only wants to stay in the room for a couple of hours per day.

You need about 50 mins to get to downtown Hamburg (ex. Reeperbahn or Townhall area). Also, we had requested the two beds to be joined together, but that did not happen.

The staff were great (they received a package for me and informed me it had arrived), the place was clean and modern (inside of a room). This is ideal for anybody wanting to use the room only for a few hours per day.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

About as close as you can get to the airport.

Rooms are very bare but OK for a short stay. The only food option is breakfast.

The hotel is very basic but clean and reasonably comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. But best of all, it is situated very close to the airport, so close that the aircraft swoop very low. Perfect place if you are catching an early flight as you can walk to the terminal.

Extremely bad experience.

We have been to this hotel a third time and this time was nightmarish experience with the staff. The young lady in reception firstly met us in the morning with a question " are you those 3 people in one room who paid only for one person?" and of course we have been a couple in the double room and paid for this the night before. After this, she claimed that one of us ate the breakfast (8 Euros pp) without paying for this and she did not want to listen to us. We paid just for one breakfast and my husband did not even touch anything because he was not feeling well. Her behaviour was so embarrassing that other hotel quest just left the reception! I asked about her name (just no bug on her uniform) because I wanted to talk or write to the hotel manager and she answered: "you can write whatever you want but I am owners wife". This was extremely rude and unacceptable behaviour. I can not imagine how this kind of person could have any professional contact with hotel guests. We both travel a lot, having a great pleasure to stay in many hotels of various standards and prices, being very tolerant to many unexpected problems but this was the first time we were treated like this. We both travel a lot, having a great pleasure to stay in many hotels with various standards and prices, being very tolerant to many unexpected problems but this was the first time we were treated like this. It completely spoiled our next few days and our drive back to home in Denmark I would never ever recommend this hotel again and honestly speaking this is the first time we are writing a negative opinion about any service.

Breakfast was fine, fitting the price.

It was very varm, so I missed aircondition. Open window and noise from the street. Had to get the key at another hotel. I think they should have told me before arriving after midnight.

Breakfast was fine, fitting the price. Super place when flying fra Hamburg next day.

The staff was Hamburg style.

Quite hot in the rooms, but not so surprising after that were the warmest days in Hamburg for quite a while. Opening windows was not really an option as there is some traffic. The airplanes stop over night, but the cars do not.

The staff was Hamburg style. Foreigners may think they are not friendly, but they are, in their own way and I like that way.

Up to my expectations

At first I thought the windows were not safe enough but the lit up bushes close to the windows and CCTV cameras put my mind at ease. I must say there was nothing I did not like

At breakfast every thing was fresh and crispy, the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Good value hotel close to airport

Cramped rooms, no evening food options, one unhelpful member of staff but rest good

Walkable to the main airport.Goods breakfasts close to good pub for evening food

Nice, comfort but breakfast option can be improved.

the heater is not working well & late check-in process can be improved again. More choice for breakfast by including more fruits, more variety in different day

The design of the room is clean, bright and comfortable

It's ok would not stay again in that hotel

Rooms are not allergy free, weeks old spider webs with dried out insects in them, breakfast not value for money at 8 euros, went to a bakery down the road which was better suited

Location for getting into the centre is great and for the airport and as it is next door to 2 other hotels where we had other friends staying was great, easy access to rooms and a short walk from supermarket, went to the mini wunderland which was very cool and the spice museum also had lunch at the Speicherstadt Kaffee, lunch a good price and you could also buy coffee grounded or beans, not cheap but had some great coffees

This hotel was very basuc

I did not like: 1. the lack of tea/coffee 2. The decor in the room needs updating. 3. The towels were too small 4. The breakfast was poor value

The receptionists provided good customer service.

Good value for money

It was good value for money so I was happy with everything.

The croissants were wonderful but extremely few of them, the beds were very comfortable, it would have been nice to have a kettle with coffee/tea/milk and sugar but otherwise it was value for money. The fact that it is next door to the Marriot with bar facilities is a wonderful bonus.

Reasonably priced and not too far from the airport.

The boiled eggs used to be perfectly cooked but now they are hard.

Reasonably priced and not too far from the airport. Efficient check-in and check-out

All in all we can recommend this place to all who search for a place to sleep.

We foregone the breakfast since we found a bakery that served a good breakfast for less.

The friendliness of the staff. The beds are comfortable and there is an extra pillow in the wardrobe. With closed windows we had no problems with noise from the street or airplanes.

Convenient stop-over before the flight

The rooms were very small. There was no refrigerator in the rooms nor shampoo or shower gel, just very simple (and low quality) liquid soap.

Very close to the airport with very good, sound-proof windows (so you actually have the convenience of sleeping 10 min on foot away from your flight and still sleep like a baby). Breakfast was nothing special but it had everything (milk, coffe, tea, eggs, yoghurt, corn flakes, muesli, 4 différent types of bread, 3 different types of marmelade, cheese, salami, butter, custard vanilla sauce, fruit compott, honey, etc). Clean rooms, friendly personnel.

Near airport, good price, gotel is fine if you just need to...

If you have to work, this rooms are most likely not suitable, because of small desk and minimal lightening

Near airport, good price, gotel is fine if you just need to sleep before the flight

Good value for money.

Good value for money. The rooms are good and clean, very close to the airport and the breakfast is good. We had som problems with our car but the staff were very helpful and understanding.

Great airport hotel

Great location, close to the airport, soundproof rooms, comfy bed, clean and fantastic value. Dominos pizza, Indian and couple of Asian places close by, check in was easy, really pleasant girl on reception, all in all a good nights stay

Location, one bus stop to the airport.

You can wash your hand, hair and body with the same stuff in bathroom. Amazing. There is no any Welcome water in the room. Equipment quite basical.

Location, one bus stop to the airport.

Its away from town, different environment.

The wifi is poor from the room. And the room should provide kettle to boil water / complimentary water bottle. It's away from town, but easy to locate.

Its away from town, different environment. The room is clean and easy to find from the train station.

Very efficient.

It is walkable from the airport only if the weather is OK and you don't have too much luggage. If you need a taxi they are always grumpy about having such a short distance to go as they have to wait up to two hours to get to the front of the queue to get a fare.

Very efficient. They ordered a taxi for me for 5 am

Enjoyed the stay at the Hotel.Short Walk to the Airport and Bus and Train 10 min away

I was worried about the card to get into my room or entrance door.Tried and tried and had to go to Reception ,Card was empty.what if i had come late to the Hotel?

The Room had just what you need for short stays but everything was very clean,the shower as well.First plane in the morning woke me up but it was not too bad.

While the room was small, it was clean and the bed...

It's in the direct incoming flight path for Hamburg airport and the rooms are not sound proof. First landings can start just after 6 am and the last ones go on to approx. 10.15pm.

While the room was small, it was clean and the bed comfortable. Good enough value for a relatively late booking during a busy weekend (fair etc.)

Walking distance to airport and U1 STATION only 400 metres.

Breakfast is expensive for what you get but it is adequate and the breakfast room is clean and pleasant

Walking distance to airport and U1 STATION only 400 metres. Reception lent me a European UK Mains adapter as I had left mine at the previous hotel.

Walking distance (10mn) to the airport and 10 to 15mn to...

Planes flying over the hotel very low, however noise isolation was pretty good and the planes did not disturb us during the night but as soon as you open the window noise is strong

Walking distance (10mn) to the airport and 10 to 15mn to direct metro to the center of Hamburg (45mn)

Bed bugs?

Reception is in a different building to the rooms. Not easy to find in the dark. Card entry required. No instructions given and I couldn't get in. Reception closes at 10pm and I arrived just before. Fortunately I managed to get back in time. It turned out that I was given a card that didn't work. I awoke in the night and found the duvet and bed had many bugs. I didn't sleep too well after that. Wi-Fi didn't work in the room and the mobile signal was weak too. I contacted the hotel who apologised for the reception and would disinfect the room and give me a room with Wi-Fi on my next stay. Hopefully I can give a better review then

Not too far from airport

Soundproof windows worked out really well, the proximity of...

There could be a vending machine with hot drinks, I didn't notice any of this kind.

Soundproof windows worked out really well, the proximity of the airport didn't disturb our sleep. Good breakfast. Generally, the hotel is a good value for money.

great location for early flights, if you don't mind the noise

very noisy (airport, duh!) poor wifi bed not very comfy no kettle in the room

walking distance from the airport close to public transport friendly staff great price for the location, I guess

A place to rest before a flight

No a thing ..it was perfect for my simple needs.

Plain, simple and clean. Just what you need ..A good place to stay when you have an early morning flight.Jus 7 euro taxi to the airport

Basic, but grand!

Carpet needs to be replaced. A bit tired.

Very basic, fine for overnight stop near airport, as had early flight the next morning. Bed was comfy, had a good sleep. However, hotel directly beneath flight path of incoming aircraft, but stopped around sleep-time, so did not disturb sleep too much. Only two minutes from airport, which was very handy indeed. Did not have breakfast.

An excellant stay

No complaints to make

The building was so well build that the deep fly-over of the plains were just a normal traffic noise if you kept the windows closed. The view of my room was into a very peaceful park like wilderness. The breakfast had a good variety of sweet and savoury items and coffees.

One night

We should have one bed for two, but received two beds. They also weren't so comfortable, but we stayed one night, so it was okay.

It was near to the airport, just how we needed, because of our early flight.

Close to airport and great staff!

The only thing that could be a bit better was the cleanliness of the carpet - this is a minor issue, though.

The hotel was conveniently located for me as I wanted to stay close to the airport; there is a metro station nearby so it was easy to travel into town. The best thing about the hotel was the staff: I arrived at the hotel at 9.30 am and check-in is usually not possible before 1pm; the lady at the front desk did a quick check and then gave me the room keys so I was able to check in very early and at no extra cost.

Bed very comfortable, good mattress and beautiful bed linen.

Bed very comfortable, good mattress and beautiful bed linen. Heating can be turned on as needed. Windows have excellent soundproof quality and sound of planes landing is not bothersome. Two buses to the airport short walk away.

Good choice for airport passengers with early departures or late arrivals

There is a busy street in front and there are airplanes flying low over the house, but if the window is closed, you do not hear anything. However, with closed window, the room temperature was very high, and there was no air conditioning. Due to a ceiling LED lamp positioned between the curtains and the window, which was impossible to switch off, there was too much light coming into the room during the night.

Ideal place to stay if you have to catch an airplane early in the morning, it is just 3 minutes by car to the terminal. Soundproofed windows, fast and easy check-in and -out. The room is functional, the price-quality ratio is good.

Great location and good value for the money.

The wifi seemed to come and go, as someone else had mentioned. Also, it would be nice if breakfast were included, rather than an add-on. Oh, well. I still think this is a great place to consider, especially for a last night before flying out of Hamburg the next morning.

This property is a great value, considering that it is within walking distance to the airport and the U-Bahn. There is ample parking, but, if you're flying out the next day, you could considering storing your luggage, taking your car back to the airport, then walking to the hotel (it's very safe to do so...plenty of sidewalks/pedestrian crossings). Also, very convenient to walk to U1 station for the U-Bahn. Staff is very friendly and luggage storage is available. Nice, hot shower with great water pressure. The room comfortable. Despite being so close to the airport, the room was very quiet.

Within walking distance of airport, public transport U1 (or...

WiFi didn't work in room but OK outside, not a big problem for me. Not much in the hotel and immediate area.

Within walking distance of airport, public transport U1 (or bus), a restaurant and a small shop (garage). Very nice room and bathroom. Despite planes flying overhead couldn't hear anything in room. Price OK as there was an event in the centre, other hotels had increased their prices.

Free parking, nice rooms

The PC in the corridor did not work. There was only 1 sugar castor in the whole restaurant (there ought to be 1 on each table - or at least a big sugar bowl on the service table).

Free parking, nice rooms

Satisfying, good value for the money

Direct next to the runway, 2 of the 4 mornings I had the planes landing literally in the backyard. They could not provide me with an iron..

Good location, direct at the airport and easily accessible with the U-Bahn, was in the city in 15 minutes

Functional and inexpensive

The wifi signal didn't always reach the room. They said they are getting a new system put in, so that should be fixed next time

Comfortable beds, well built house so noise from airplanes minimal, nice desk in room, felt spacious and functional.

A room in a hotel with ought refrigerator

The room was with ought refrigerator and it was hard for us because I and my friend had to go out early in the morning and returned back lately in the nights. We did not have time to use hotel's breakfast or dinner or ..... Just we could bought something and put them in the refrigerator to eat lately in nights or early in the mornings. For a hotel, I think it is not good.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Gets the job done

Well, I think that young girl at the desk with glasses has a slight attitude. But she could be new. They said the breakfast was a "buffet" for 8 euros. But don't expect any sunny side ups or bacon or anything like that. Mostly cold meats and bread and stuff. Not something we would pay 8 euro for, maybe just 5 or 6 euro. When they say "double bed(s)" we had the impression that it would be a single bed for two. If you're a couple you have to stipulate in advance that you want their two single beds pushed together. Otherwise you'll have two separate single beds that you'll have to push together yourselves. The girl above said all their rooms only had two separate single beds that they have to push together for couples. Upon moving one of the beds, my wife discovered an unseemly stain on the carpet, hence the deduction in cleanliness rating.

The beds were good, with good and thick comforter blankets and clean sheets. The location is great if you're like us and need to be at the airport at 4:30am for a departure flight. You have the option to take a bus or walk to the airport. We would have walked to the airport if one of us didn't have a sore foot.

roomy, quiet hotel near airport but given wrong directions

wrong directions given prior to trip to hotel from cruise port wrong train colour wrong name of street when we got out of station near the hotel did not tell us we would have to take a taxi from port to train

NO NOISE from planes within a12 minute walk from airport - pulling luggage large room

Good stay.

Ants in the room.

Excellent location. Staying on the ground floor minimised the noise of the planes brilliantly. Very nice rooms, worth the price and perfect for a weekend away.

Not bad

The airport is near, so be prepared that aircrafts land over your head. The hotel reserves an amount of your booking before 1 day of your check-in, during your check-in you will have to pay the amount once again. Within 3 working weeks, the reserved amount will be returned to your bank account. In other words, be also prepared to pay twice.

Metro is in 5 minutes by walking, airport is in 10 minutes by walking.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

A good place for a late arrival by air

Ten minutes or so walk from the airport. Straight-forward friendly after-hours check-in at nearby hotel. Public transport to city centre nearer than airport.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Short but sweet.

Possibly a few more parking spaces. More detailed directions from Airport.

The hotel was perfect for our requirements. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful and courteous. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

I liked the location because itbis near the airport which...

What i didnt like is the bed because i booked twice for a double bed and they give me 2single beds so we put them together but it is not comfortable because it keeps going apart we didnt like that at all.

I liked the location because itbis near the airport which makes me want to book more often if i come to hamburg again. The place looks beautiful by beautiful i mean the garden. The staff are really kind.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

best for when you have to catch an early flight

- crappy wifi - beds quite uncomfy - no kettle

- walking distance from the airport and public transport - super friendly and helpful staff - clean

Excellent value for money; we regularly stay here when flying to/from HAM

the WiFi was free over New Year but the transmitters are near the lifts and the signal doesn't always reach the rooms at the end of the corridor.

clean, comfortable, very close to the airport - right underneath the incoming flight path - but good sound insulation (and anyway there are no flights at night). No restaurant but the Gaststätte Rotbuche nearby at Tannenweg 4 (out front turn left and walk a couple of minutes) is excellent value for money. The owner speaks english and the food & beer is good. Exceptionally, there was no breakfast service in the Hotel over the New Year weekend (understandably). Normally they serve a very good breakfast; anyway a short walk back to the STAR petrol station resolved the issue with excellent coffee, croissants and Doughnuts in their shop.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

short

the location was great, though a bit loud. The description of the way, using GPS, was miserable. Calling there I go the info ..., but probably would still run in circles ... I asked a taxi driver - he knew I am not looking for a taxi, answered kindly and offered to bring me there "it is on the way" - I preferred to walk though. Ito is really close

I needed a hotel close to the airport - just a "transfer visit"

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

You get what you pay for!

Website said they offered free airport shuttle. They did not! Had to pay a taxi! Room & bath very cramped for 2 adults. Carpet had stains. Front desk woman very unhelpful. Seems we paid twice...have to sort that out!

Near airport we used.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Good location for fare price

Close to the airport around 10 min walk Easly to find. If you only need a ok price and not for to many nights close to the airport it's defenetly worth the money.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Very convenient, but pretty simple and basic

Most people will stay here for airport needs. After a long travel, it would be nice to have something as basic as hot water, tea, coffee etc. Hotel really should consider a simple, cheap addition like this, so guests can make themselves a warm drink, instead of having to go out to the local shops, service station.

Very convenient for airport and some local shopping facilities, eateries.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Nothing specials

The smokers room

Nothing specials

No wifi in the room :(, they promised to change my room but...

So bad no go there .. nothing.

No wifi in the room :(, they promised to change my room but all of suitable rooms were full !!!!

So good

Good

So good

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good airport hotel

Very very convenient for the airport - a short walk.

Next to the airport

There is no air conditioning or ventilator for a hot summer day.

The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the airport.

Really close to the airport.

Really close to the airport. 10 minutes on foot.

I needed to iron my business suit, and the manager was very...

I needed to iron my business suit, and the manager was very kind to let me use her board and iron.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had an early morning flight. and it is easy and

Easy to get to from the metro. Close to the airport, just a 20 minute walk to departures.

It's good, clean, and located near to airport.

No toothbrushes or dental toiletries provided. One has to bring his own.

Bathroom

Bathroom

Good position and nice staff

The breakfast was a bit expensive for its price

Good position and nice staff

God for an overnight stay close to HAM airport, fair price.

Excellent location to go to the airport, very good car parking, convenient access.

Near airport

Comfortable bef

Quiet

No hot breakfast

Vert quiet overnight, and a nice temperature

Airport Hotel

Lots of noize from late arrivals

Great location near the airport

10 minutes walk from airport.

10 minutes walk from airport. Clean, very good communication with the personnel.

Nothing not like

Everything shi..

Nothing not like

Below what I would expect from a city hotel.

No tea/coffee facilities, no availability to get an evening meal .

It's location

Comfortable no frills room for a reasonable price.

Clean, warm and comfortable room for a reasonable price near the airport. Just what I needed. Free parking was great.

Browse meinHotel traveller photo gallery