Reviews of Mercure Stuttgart City Center This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Heilbronner Str. 88, Stuttgart-Nord, 70191 Stuttgart, Germany

#65 of 127 hotels in Stuttgart

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great place

Nothing was a problem

The breakfast buffet was excellent and the variety of tea was exceptional. The close shopping centre was really good and transport system also

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Central location, one stop from central station, good...
    • Standard Queen Room

Price might be a bit high, especially if in some occasions, but at the end it is just how the market works

Central location, one stop from central station, good facilities. Staff extremely friendly and welcoming, accomodating all requests.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Clean. Comfortable. Good wifi. Close to Hbf.
    • Standard Queen Room

I always think "can't go wrong with these established hotel chains." I stayed at another Mercure in Italy prior to this. Mercure Stuttgart, free wifi was stable and useful enough. Convenient 10-min walk to the Hbf terminal. Breakfast was well laid out and staff very helpful; standard stuff but well-made. Ample seating always. convenience store at nearby fuel station. short walk to Milaneo shopping mall.

The room was totally wheelchair accessible and very large.
    • Standard Queen Room

There was only one bedside table / lamp.

The room was totally wheelchair accessible and very large. The hotel itself is 15 minutes walk from the central railway station and there is public transportation nearby.

Nice hotel.Good facility. Staff are polite but not effective.
    • Standard Queen Room

I lost my smart phone charger in our room but no staff contact us about that after we leave. we book a double bed but we got a twin bed. The staff changed the room but it was a twin bed again. We wasted half hour before we finally fitted in the room.

the coffee machine is very good. room is new and very clean, not too small. The parking underground is good and convenience but charge about 20 euro.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Okay for what we needed.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was not appropriate for our needs. We were charged for breakfast when we didn’t have any. It cost 16 euros to park at the hotel for approximately 10 hours parking!!!!

It was close to the Milaneo Shopping Centre.

I really like the modernity of the rooms.
    • Standard Queen Room

I asked for a help at the desk about a problem with my train tickets, most of all because the possibility to change it were difficuult to me to solve by myself. In two days and with two different people, no one of them tryed to solve my problem. The first one forgot to search the informations. The day after her collegues told me that she knew about this just because she heard from the one of the day before, she did a quick look to internet and than she said she coulnd't solve my problem and that I had to do by myself . This is not acceptable at all from a Hotel, and most of all from a 4 * business hotel

I really like the modernity of the rooms. It was a very clean hotel, confortable and in a good position. The modern and new mall close to the hotel was a solution to have breackfast and make some shopping. The tube is walking distance.

Very friendly staff, who even gave a little toy to our three...
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking was unclearly marked and the parking structure was a bit claustrophobic. Once you turn a corner to find that floor full, there is no way out but where you came from and we had to back out each time. We arrived late because we were only staying for one night on our way to Bavaria, so trying to find a free parking space was a bit frustrating. We only managed to find one on the last floor down.

Very friendly staff, who even gave a little toy to our three year old. Fast check-in and check out, which was good for us since were only stopped here for the night. Clean and comfortable, really appreciated having coffee available in the room.

Good Stay :)
    • Standard Queen Room

- Aircon didn't work so nice - We were first given a twin room when booking a queen room. They did switch it after we asked. - two single blankets rather then 1 queen.

- Nice staff. - Nice restaurant.

Not happy. Wedding ring went missing from my bedroom. Hotel did not question house keeping staff
    • Standard Twin Room

My wedding ring was taken from my bedroom. Hotel gave no support and didn't do very much to question the house keeping staff. House keeping would start knocking on the door at 8am and kept doing so every 30 minutes

Close to shopping centre.

disappointing
    • Standard Queen Room

1. very noisy, can even hear people speak in room next door, many sounds of footsteps and even putting back clotheshanger in wardrobe nextdoor was audible. Were some cobwebs on ceiling showerroom and in one of the lamps.

help of staff a.o. printing out boarding passes. very nice soap and shampoo etc in bathroom

My stay was good, I enjoyed it a lot.
    • Standard Queen Room

The location is easy to reach (only one station from main station (Stuttgart Hbf) and hotel is next to a nice shopping mall. The breakfast is good with plenty of choice which is unusual for a European hotel. I esp. like the tearoom which you can make your own tea from different flavors. The hotel staff is very helpful and thanks to them, we enjoyed our travel in Stuttgart very.

Unattractive surrounding, shopping mall only, need to take tube for city.
    • Standard Queen Room

- We booked room for three; they tried to give us doubleroom only for same money! - Alternative room: 1 chair only, took very long until 3rd bed was placed - WiFi didn't work - had to take tube to city

Friendly staff.

Spring in Stuttgart 🇩🇪
    • Standard Queen Room

We didn’t have breakfast as thought €19 per person was very expensive, we went to the main square and had an amazing breakfast for €22 for two people.

Really good location for getting around Stuttgart - main station & buses & trams & underground all easily accessible 👍🏻

Nicely located at the edge of the business park, within...
    • Standard Queen Room

Nicely located at the edge of the business park, within walking distance from the main train station. A large shopping center can be found across the street, where you can also take the U-bahn. Very good staff, accommodating all sensible needs and requests. It is a great place for business travellers, or couples. A 3rd person staying in the room, in a baby cot, feels too crowded.

Everything was good, but precise information should be given to customers about services.
    • Standard Twin Room

On the booking.com page where I booked hotel for one night, breakfast was included in the room price. That was confirmed at the reception when I arrived at the hotel. Having in mind that the price was affordable, I extended my stay for one more night. But at the check-out I was surprised to learn that the breakfast was not included in the room price and I have to pay extra for it Despite the fact I tried to explain the situation, at the end I had to pay for very pricey breakfast.

Room had enough space, warm.and clean Bad was spacious with comfortable pillows and blankets. Breakfast was rich and offered variety of food choices. All hotel staff was very friendly. Overall good place to stay.

Holel room was very clean and the hotel was very well located but we did not sleep any full night.
    • Standard Twin Room

The air quality at night was awful. We did not realise it until two nights in when we had to switch off the unit and open the window. It was quite cold out so that was not ideal but the air was much nicer. Then the following night we left the unit on again and had to get up in the middle of the night and switch it off and open the window again. That confirmed that we had the issue with the unit.

Bathroom very clean. bed very comfortable

There beds were big and comfy, the one thing I could fault...
    • Standard Queen Room

Our sink plug was broken and was constantly shut. We needed the sink for heating up our babies bottle in hot water but we managed to use the bottle opener from the fridge to wedge it open for letting the water out of the sink and brushing our teeth etc. The rooms were also either roasting or freezing. It was hard to find a happy medium with the air conditioning/heating. On a side note, all shops close in Germany on a Sunday which was something we didn’t know. The shopping centre beside the hotel closed at 8 on Saturday evening and didn’t open again until Monday (including food places) and not 1 single shop was open in the city centre so it’s something to consider if you’re visiting on a weekend!

There beds were big and comfy, the one thing I could fault was that they were two single beds but together and they kept separating. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location; 1 stop away on the train to the main city centre. The hotel is a 1 minute walk from a massive indoor shopping centre which has loads of food places to eat including McDonald, pizza, Tokyo food, fish food, pastas and many more options!

Very good location with stores, parks and other attractions...
    • Standard Queen Room

Check in was a pain. Bed size and quality did not met my expectations. The bathroom was not heated so if the weather is cold, bathroom is also cold. Construction was on site so it was impossible to sleep from early morning. Sound proof is lower than in other hotels.

Very good location with stores, parks and other attractions in less than 500 meters. Great breakfast and wonderful restaurant with nice staff.

Very friendly staff, location not too bad, a little out the way , breakfast good but not included.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very warm in the room even with the heating off. I was in a disabled room so the room was big and the shower was part of the bathroom which was great, but the bed was a fold away bed, folding up against the wall so the pillows (thin) kept falling down the large gap at the head of the bed as soon as you moved. Very slow bar service

Helpful friendly English speaking staff.

Great stay.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not luxury or fancy but a very nice hotel.

Location is good. Not far from center via underground, only one stop. Great shower warm room. Rooms a good standard.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Ok
    • Standard Queen Room

When booking rooms through Bookings.com we seen to get rooms on the side looking directly into office blocks This has happened on numerous occasions Also the the pillows are bad

Staff friendly and helpful. Beer was cold and the coffee was hot. Close to public transport

Great base for business or pleasure, be sure to utilize public transport
    • Standard Queen Room

One mattress on a double bed - very bouncy. Cleaning staff was not very accommodating. The parking garage is extremely expensive 19€ day ticket (14€ with the Hotel rebate) - a day ticket is calculated if you park more than 10 hours. The TV was kind of "slow" - it took ages to switch the channel. Also, not a lot of channels. Wifi slow-ish to borderline okay.

Pretty good location, very near to a major sub line and a major through road. Large indoor mall around the corner. Nice room and Hotel design. Rooms on the smaller side but large enough. Modern-ish bathroom. Very friendly desk staff. Excellent breakfast.

Definitely, will be my very last option to stay in Stuttgart.
    • Standard Queen Room

I left the hotel 12:00 check out, paid =~ 140 euros 1 night, 2 hours later, I need to be back - price was =~ 290 euros. Front service man was complete unfriendly even arrogant, when I asked why it became so expensive in 2 hour time period. Breakfast was really poor, overnight bread warm-up, cake taste old, eggs and bacon cold and we have to wait a long time for a simple hot milk - definitely the money was not worth. I used this hotel several times before for business but honestly thinking, that this is enough. For a high price paid it offers quite poor return benefits. And btw - the lady on the reception was kind and try to give us the same room for an affordable price, the front desk man was very rude with her too, showing in front of customers an unacceptable behavior. She told us excuses with a very lose face afterwards.... humiliating situation.

Location is convenient

Really clean and amazing location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Really clean and amazing location. 2 min walk from the largest Mall (Milaneo) and even 15-20min walk from the center(or just one stop away with public transportation.) Friendly and helpful staff.

Reception front desk staff ruin my stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Front ( Reception staff and rude , not polite ) They need training to be in such a nice hotel chain )

Rude front desk staff! Hotel is ok but the service you get at the start , made you dislike the whole place . I came with girl friend for 2 nights , They put us a twin room without even asking . When we get to the room , we were surprised and came to the reception again to change the room . She refused to change the room as she was saying it's all not available. Another male reception change the room later .

We liked that the room was very clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff weren't very helpful. We paid for breakfast when we checked in as we didn't book it when we booked the room. However when we went in to have breakfast they said that we hadn't paid and made me sign a paper saying that I we had breakfast and when I asked why I needed to sign since I had paid the staff member said that I hadn't paid and that I must sign so that they can prove that I had breakfast. The matter was resolved when we checked out later on in the morning but they didn't apologize and it made the breakfast uncomfortable.

We liked that the room was very clean and comfortable. There was underground parking which is very convenient even if a tad bit expensive. Only stayed one night.

I would recommend to increase the sound isolation of windows.
    • Standard Twin Room

The noisiness from the main street and poor WiFi ...

I would recommend to increase the sound isolation of windows. This is in order to prevent the noisiness from the Main Street...

We are very upset with this hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Unlike Mercure in other countries, facilities and staffs quite not meet 4 stars hotel standard. Wireless signal very bad in our room. Staff does's answer our questions clearly when we ask question or ask for help. For example, staff wants us to deal with the internet provider by ourselves. When we ask for the type of transportation tickets that good for us, she doesn't explain anymore. She just tell us that the ticket machine has English language.

Close to city center, free parking in the garage
    • Standard Queen Room

We are a family of five (children 16, 14, 11 y.o.), we booked two rooms, there was not enough space for the kids on one queen size bed (160 cm wide)

Close to city center, free parking in the garage

Great place to stay but eat elsewhere
    • Standard Queen Room

Very disappointed by the quality of the food produced by the kitchen. Had both dinner and breakfast and it was just sub par compared to the rest of the hotel. Especially dinner, nothing tasted right, service was great but not the food

room was great, comfortable bed, bathroom was very clean. no issues

My booking was for 2 duple rooms each for 2 Adults and...
    • Superior Room with Queen Size Bed

My booking was for 2 duple rooms each for 2 Adults and child and we received a room no space fore the child , and the receptionist told me the child can sleep between us on the queen size which is small and just , enough for 2 , my chilid sleept on the floor.

Great value, cheap taxi to city centre and nightlife, the...
    • Standard Twin Room

Traffic outside can be noisy however air con fixes this with window shut.

Great value, cheap taxi to city centre and nightlife, the employees are helpful to you.

The staff was very friendly, the hotel matched our...
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff was very friendly, the hotel matched our expectations in terms of location, cleanliness, room size and facilities. Good value for money. Thank you.

Great location, value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

We had to pay extra to have a very small fridge and a coffee maker in the room, which did not always work. Walls were thin with audible noise from adjacent rooms.

Great location to walk to City Center, Central rail station and tennis venues as well as a beautiful park, trams are also close. Air con in the rooms, friendly and helpful English speaking stuff, great secure parking underneath at discounted prices, TV had a couple of News channels in English.

Would repeat the stay anytime
    • Standard Queen Room

Hotel Staff was very friendly. Location is about 15min walk from downtown. Mall right up the street and train station close. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious.

Convenient business stopover
    • Standard Twin Room

Poor internet connection & hotel overlooking main road and railway line.

Security of the underground car park. Easy 30 mins stroll into city centre.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Never stay at a Mercure hotel!
    • Standard Queen Room

My girlfriend was bitten to pieces by a bed bug (Bettwanze) in her bathrobe. She (and as a result, I too in sympathy and worry) woke up every hour, she even longer until 6am. They gave us the first night and a breakfast for free as an apology, and changed our room/ But, paranoid about bugs, my girlfriend checked her bath towel the second night in the new room and she thought she saw a big, nasty, black spider. Turns out, it was a lump of black hair that must have come in with the new batch of washed towels. When I told the nice manager about it the next morning and commented that he should review his cleaning staff, he said, "oh that'a not us sir, it's the laundry company. Can you please forward me that photo?" Way to go on accepting responsibility. This was my and my girlfriend's first and definitely last stay at Mercure hotels, which are spread all over Europe. Stay at an nH hotel. Far better for the same price or less.

it seemed modern and clean enough for a decent hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Good location. Nice staff

The Wi-Fi was such bad quality. Practically useless, when it was connected it was so poor took ages to load anything, but most of the time it was not connecting. Had to purchase a roaming package from my service provider in order to stay connected. The bathroom was so small.

The staff were more than helpful and always serving with a smile.the location is good, the bed is comfortable, and room was cleaned properly.

Just tell my experience
    • Standard Queen Room

Wifi is useless, you have to pay to get better wifi. We requested a quiet room and at check in they told us they gave it as upgrade (lucky) but it was way far from quietness. It was beside the housekeeping store where we can hear their noise the whole morning and we woke up of noise, also hotel near police station. No refrigerator in room eventhough there is a place for it and when we request for one, as my wife breastfeeding and we may need to store some milk in fridge they said we have to upgrade one more time to get this privilege. The rooms was small and bed small, pillows are jokes (we bought pillows from the mall nearby). The rooms size the same for all rooms even if you upgrade and pay more. There was stains on our bed linen and we asked to change but it was in night and no housekeeping so we slept on the dirty bed for first night. We had the choice to pay for garage by check in, we paid in cash (42€ for 3 nights) and we signed a quittung, by check out the reception told us that it is not in system that we had paid and asked to pay again which we refused, and we left with only (I will ask my colleague if he remember that you pay or not), and told us next time ask for receipt of payment.

Location near Milaneo mall, garage need to take ticket then pay at Reciption. Free wifi.

Good location but bad ac
    • Standard Twin Room

Inspite of making a special request for a double bed via booking.com I was given a room with two singles . Ac was on auto mode and shutting down every 15 minutes on no movement in the room . The reception had no solution except changing the room at 2:00 am in the night which was not possible. When you open the window on 2 ND floor for fresh air ,there was too much noise making it tough to sleep. Overall apart from location was a poor hotel. Thanks

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Mercure city centre, Stuttgart
    • Superior Room with Queen Size Bed

Could have done with a few extra choices of tea and coffee in the bedroom. Green and fruit tea are not everyone's favourite!

Reasonable room, very helpful receptionist

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

There were no places to go for something to eat outside the hotel. The town centre is a good 35, minutes walk away. Taxis are expensive as it's a one way system.

The hotel was excellent, they couldn't do enough for you. Very good breakfast, good selection.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Friendly helpful staff, rooms were clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Twin Room

Friendly helpful staff, rooms were clean and comfortable. Location was perfect for main station (10 min walk). Big shopping mall close by for breakfast if you don't fancy the hotel prices

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Great hotel room close to major shopping centre and transport

Everything was fine

Beds very comfortable. Great tv . Could open window. Staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

the staff were very helpful and friendly.
    • Superior Room with Queen Size Bed

would of liked more milk for English tea drinkers and more English teas instead of herbal teas.

the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Parking garage was full

s lot!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The Hotel rooms does not accomodate extra beds for children

The Hotel rooms does not accomodate extra beds for children

They mad a mistake in account. They deducted from my card more than the receipt.

Staff location breakfast

Staff location breakfast

PERFECT WILL VISIT AGAIN
    • Standard Queen Room

The aircon in my first room did not work.
    • Standard Queen Room

The aircon in my first room did not work. Breakfast options could have been better.

• Superior Room with Queen Size Bed

Great location. Next to mall.

Very friendly, helpful staff.
    • Standard Twin Room

Couldn't get a decent cup of tea.

Very friendly, helpful staff.

• Standard Queen Room

Great location and large underground parking

Friendliness of the staff at check in.
    • Standard Queen Room

Friendliness of the staff at check in.

Everything you expect from Accor chain hotel with late...
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything you expect from Accor chain hotel with late arrival possible, kitchen opened till 10 PM and nice and helpful staff

Good value for money reasonably close to the train station...

Nothing really

Good value for money reasonably close to the train station and the centre

Location is excellent
    • Standard Twin Room

Beds and pillows aren’t very comfortable. Maybe personal preference but I didn’t sleep as well as I would have liked.

Location is excellent

Bed not suitable for families

Bed not suitable for families

Location was perfect for us
    • Standard Queen Room

Beds were tiny. I booked a queen but only got a twin I think. No amenities in the bathroom

Location was perfect for us

Generally good!!

Expensive

Cleanness

Excellent location and the staff was very cooperative on...
    • Standard Queen Room

Absolutely nothing to complain about

Excellent location and the staff was very cooperative on extending all the support we required during our stay.

Very average but disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

My room hadn't been cleaned.

Location was ok

Convenient

The room was not ready after check in time at 15:00...

Very clean room with nice location.

Standard nice hotel with good location
    • Standard Queen Room

Location is nice.. U can both go to downtown or to the zoo. Room is quite small but nice and clean.. Standard value hotel

logistica in Stoccarda
    • Standard Twin Room

no feedback da hotel su mail booking

logistica in Stoccarda

I really enjoyed my stay bathroom was lovely fresh towels every morning brilliant will go back aga

Nothing about it

The fridge in the bedroom was great with drinks in it and also coffee machine excellent

average
    • Standard Queen Room

small room and small bathroom

near from the center just few minutes

Good location.

There is a car park and I just wish it was free to the hotel guest.

Good location. Nice clean room. Friendly staff.

Room rate was too much high

Room rate was too much high

Basic accommodation well presented- ideal for a one night...
    • Standard Twin Room

Basic accommodation well presented- ideal for a one night stay. No complaints.

Great location and customer service

For a double bed had 2 single duvets

Great customer service and good location - close to station "Stadt Biblioteck"