Reviews of Hotel Meridian This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Bismarckstr. 21, 02826 Görlitz, Germany

#18 of 23 hotels in Görlitz

We loved our stay, the hotel was lovely and well positioned in the stunning town of Gorlitz.
    • Double Room - Category A

Our dogs were not allowed in the breakfast room. It is our 4th holiday to Germany and it was the only hotel not to allow dogs at breakfast in 23 accomodations we have stayed in, even most restaurants allow the dogs in which is one of the reasons why we love Germany so much.

Onsite parking in town center. Pets allowed. Excellent staff.

Comfortable!

The room was very very large and even had a hot plate if one was interested in making meals for himself. The bathroom was awesome: very big with a lot of sunshine. There was a reading table with 4 chairs. The room was sparkling clean and the dude I met when I checked in was nice and very polite. Breakfast was awesome: the variety was astonishing. I was really amazed by home much I was getting for the little amount of money I paid. The lady at the kitchen didn't speak English but she was still super polite. I'd definitely stay there again; should I have the need to visit Görlitz once more.

Our room was very large with a lovely balcony, and the...
    • Double Room - Category A

Our room was very large with a lovely balcony, and the breakfast was excellent. The largest selection of tea I've ever seen! The free mineral water was a nice touch as well. Free and ample parking and a great location close to the center of town.

Large room, large bathroom, excellent free breakfast, kind and friendly staff, good service.
    • Double Room - Category A

Very nice privately owned hotel in an old, almost historic building. Large room and large bathroom. Perfect breakfast. Very big and affordable minibar selection, absolutely not overpriced. Very nice staff.

An excellent deal for the price; good room, superb breakfast!
    • Double Room - Category A

This was altogether a very satisfactory stay. All of the positives are highlighted above. The only real issue came to the paying the bill. I erroneously thought that this was handled through the VISA card already available through booking.com. Not so in Europe! So I was threatened by subsequent e-mailswith criminal action if I did not take care of this a day or so later. Certainly the bill was pid over the phone immediately. Not the fault of the Meridian Hotel which simply wanted its rightly due, rather my own ignorance off booking.com policies.

The breakfasts were very good and our room was spacious.
    • Double Room - Category A

The breakfasts were very good and our room was spacious. Our room was on the third floor and there was no lift but staff were very obliging in carrying our luggage up and down for us. The only downside was that the staff didn't speak very much English so for guests who do not speak German this might be a problem. Fortunately I was traveling with a German friend so she did all the talking.

Well placed with easy access and signposting, comfortable and good value for money
    • Double Room - Category A

Location excellent, breakfast good with the biggest display of teas ever seen, comfortable

Large room on the ground floor.
    • Double Room - Category A

Large room on the ground floor. Safe parking behind the hotel. Hotel in the old town and within walking distance of Zgorgelec

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Nice hotel closed to the old town

Nice hotel closed to the old town

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Staff very friendly.

Staff very friendly. Breakfast very good

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Cosy hotel in a charming town

Cosy hotel in a charming town

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.