Reviews of Le Méridien Hamburg This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

An der Alster 52-56, St. Georg, 20099 Hamburg, Germany

#63 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

highly recommendable. perfect breakfast!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

we were 3 people in one room. me my mother and my sister..:) we had a alster view room with a wonderful bathroom and it was an amazing stay. the best part was the breakfast on the 9th floor with sparkling wine and alster view <3

They provided a beautifully presented birthday platter for...

While they had a beautiful looking rolltop bathtub, the water to fill the tub was excruciatingly slow. Even after half an hour, the water barely reached 8 inches. They also failed to provide any bath bubbles, which I had to go to the store myself to buy. I was also disappointed that while their brochure displayed a jacuzzi on the cover to show their swimming pool/spa area, the jacuzzi was actually removed and replaced with deck chairs.

They provided a beautifully presented birthday platter for my husband to find when we returned from an outing one day, which was lovely.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Everything was generally good, without anything being...

Overpriced. Booked a double room, was given a twin. As we arrived late at night, we didn't have the energy to query it. The expectation is that things like this are straightforward to arrange. One of the two nights we stayed was noisy. Possibly due to other guests, but we were the closest room to the service lift.

Everything was generally good, without anything being especially excellent

Classy and centrally located hotel

The hotel is just a couple of blocks from restaurants, main shopping areas, main railway station and city center. The staff is polite and helpful. The rooms are modern, quite big and very clean. If you want, you have the option of a room with a view of the lake. The breakfast offers a lot of options and of good quality.

Spacious room with comfortable bed and modern look.

Spacious room with comfortable bed and modern look. Very good breakfast, courteous staff. The hotel has a good location in front of the outer Alster and the city centre can be reached with a 10/15min walk.

Services were not corresponding to five star hotel and price.

The WiFi in our room didnt function at all, we had to change room because of it. When we were complaining that internet doesnt work, stuff didnt really reply to our request immediatelly. It was very long process untill they admitted that internet doesnt work in our room and they gave us another one. In the bathroom were stains like mold which is unacceptable in five star hotel. Also one day we didnt get our room cleaned whole day, we had to request it more times. Also they told us to put our trash outside of our room which is again unheard off in five star hotel.

The rooms were nice and location was good.

Perfect night stopover on a 6 day road trip. Excellent restaurant with stunning views across Hambur.

Zero

Room and bathroom are excellent following 5 different stays st the hotel. Top floor restaurant is also excellent. Also secure parking and valet service.

nice modern rooms....spotted a few cobwebs outside elevators on 9th floor as well as on figurines

While it was made clear to me that check in is at 3 pm....my cruise arrived early...and i found myself stranded at the Hotel with luggage.till 12.30 am...although not a long wait.....i wished that this sort of thing can be adjusted...we had numerous coffees....on 9th floor....but i had to go down twice to inquirer room readiness......a breakfast could have been mentioned???

Breakfast was indeed very good..varied and plentiful.

Nicely sized room with excellent design.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

Nicely sized room with excellent design. We paid for a beautiful view .... and got it! The Herimitage restaurant in the hotel certainly adds positively to the overall experience. We will certainly be back.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Lovely property

At 4:30 pm, only one of our rooms was ready! We received the other room one hour later. That is way beyond the check-in time, which isn’t acceptable for a 5-star hotel. The hotel has its own parking garage, but good luck finding a spot yourself because it is too small for a hotel this size, so you need to use the hotel’s valet service which obviously costs 10% more money in addition to the initial parking cost! Waiting for elevators could be annoying during peak times, especially considering that corridors in the residential floors don’t seem to have air-conditioning, and tend to become too darn hot. As great as the hotel location is, you should know that it is close to where big events take place, which occasionally make the hotel very difficult to reach. The day we arrived there was a gay-parade and celebration, so traffic in a 2-mile circle around the hotel was very chaotic. 4th floor rooms don’t have a great view of the lake because they are not high enough, yet they cost the same as the ones in upper floors!! You can’t help but feel that’s a rip-off! The breakfast area is definitely undersized. You may wait a good half-hour to be seated. While providing frosted glass bathroom door seems very modern, it has its share of disadvantages, such as the light that comes through it when your roommate needs to go in the middle of the night!

Excellent location on the Alster Lake. Nice and modern rooms. Good breakfast quality. Friendly staff in general.

Facilities were nice and very clean

The bed wasnt the most comfortable and the air conditioning, although they confirmed it was working, did not effectively cool our room the way it was cool in the lobby.

Facilities were nice and very clean

The heritage restaurant by far was the highlight of my trip.

USB outlets were non existent in the location. In 2018 this is a must and not having them is a inconvenience. They need it by the bed instead of the obsolete iPod chargers.

The heritage restaurant by far was the highlight of my trip.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Not again

No view from the room, we chose the hotel because of the location and the swimming pool for our kids, unfortunately the pool was out of order for a whole day and the reception staff didn't really care when we complaint about it, bad access to the car park. Would not stay there again for the price.

The bed was good and the room was clean and the location is excellent.

Nice but could have tried harder to accommodate

Told that room wasnt ready and to come back at 3pm (normal checkin) when we presented ourselves at 1:00 pm only to find out that some friends were able to get a room 5 minutes later. Asked for restaurant recommendation to have lunch, only to find out that the restaurant wasnt open for lunch.

Beautiful hotel in beautiful location but lacked attention to detail so a bit disappointing

We were told we would be contacted when the room was ready but we weren’t. Room hadn’t been checked, only one bathrobe, no hair drier. Several items needed replenishing in breakfast buffet. Small details which you expect to be in place for such an expensive hotel.

Design of rooms and bathrooms Beautiful views from restaurant

Excellent would use the hotel again in the futre.

Reception area lounge was an excellent but under used facility.Needed a coffee shop area .Maybe the reason was that during our stay there was a lot of activity around the Hamburg Open golf?

Staff excellent nothing was too much trouble for them

Nice weekend trip

The glass pannels behind the bed were a bit smudged, the Cleaning personal shuld have an eye on that. The seals in the shower had some stains, for an hotel in that price range I would expect an replacement if they start to get dirty.

The Spa is great, there was a Coffee machine you could use for free, the staff was realy nice and the Watertemperature was great too. The Hotel looks great and clean almost everywere expect the 2 minor things I already listed. It is well placed directly at the Alstersee, the streets around the hotel have quiet a nice nightlife if you are into this kind of amusement. I can give a recommendation for the Hotel!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Fantastic hotel in a great location. The rooms were simply stunning and incredibly comfortable.

loved everything. wish it would be a wee bit cheaper so I could stay there more often :)

everything was absolutely perfect. I absolutely loved my stay and would love to go back in the future. The room was just stunning and so incredibly spacious. Much more than I had expected.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Le meridian Hamburg

Visiting Germany for the first time I didn’t know what to expect. The hotel was well located , almost everything within walking distance. Just behind was the Turkish quarter with plenty of halaal eateries. Most food places were in close proximity, as well as the shopping street Neuer Wall. The hotel itself was modern and clean, nice bathroom , bedroom could have been a bit more plush but it was a design hotel so it followed a theme. The best place was the breakfast room, amazing view over Hamburg. Overall it was an excellent stay .

I do not recommend this hotel to the travelers who expect accuracy and speed.

Unfortunately there were and still there are big issues in the process of settlement and payment. Since time of booking till now (within last two weeks) I have had big problem and headaches in settlement. I booked three rooms but the hotel has charged for five rooms ! I am sure that, as the documents have been registered and clear, the problem will be solved but have been required too much time and several correspondences along with long delay and till now also,I have spent too much time in this respect. Apart from reservations routine questions, usually the emails have to be waited many days to be answered.I have had several correspondences with Julia, Katharine ans sarah, almost all with long delays. Hotel was clean and well located. Breakfast was very good but despite all these merits, I do not recommend this hotel to the travelers who expect accuracy and speed.

Cleanness, Location, Breakfast

Angry

Our stay was very weird to say the least. The hotel was great, the room as well but they have this weird policy to charge additional 75 euros a day (!) - in case you should use roomservice etc- and they authorize your card and hold your money until you leave. I’ve been in situations where hotels do this but only with the sum of my actual stay, not additional money for service I may or may not use. Why I couldn’t pay for roomservice at check-out (as is the norm) IF I used it, is something they couldn’t answer. Just said hotel policy. This meant that I was charged almost the double of what I was going to pay and that left me with barely any money during my trip. They said it could take up to 4 days after check-out to get my money back. Now I’m at home and still waiting for my money to get back to me. Because of this experience I don’t think I’ll ever stay here again.

Hotel nothing special but Restaurant superb!

Swimming pool was really small. The room had a terrible view, no option to get a room overlooking the river. Parking the car was quite expensive.

Restaurant was outstanding including the view!!

I would definitely stay here again

This is a very nice hotel , the room was lovely with a nice bathroom and everything you could need, bathrobe slippers hairdryer tea and coffee safe . The location is good , there are loads of restaurants in the road at the back of the hotel.

Not as good as it used to be

For the first time ever, I was unable to have breakfast in the morning due to the fact it was overbooked. The towels and robes were quite thin and I’ve had to call to have my room cleaned.

Location is great and so is the bed

The property is nicely located on the Aussenalster.

The service could be slightly better. As an example it took me two phone calls and a housekeeping reminder (and 30mins) to get some blankets and pillow for our toddler for the child bed. At checkout the queues were slightly daunting. However, I am nitpicking. Overall the experience is great.

The property is nicely located on the Aussenalster. Everything is a short walk away and it is very beautiful. The bar and restaurant on the 9th floor was exception both from it's expert cocktail mixers and the fantastic view.

Very nice interior.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

Distance from Hbf is too close for taxi and too far to walk. No pubs or restaurants were near.

Very nice interior. Amazing welcome muffin and chocolate! It’s awesome!!! Lake view was GREAT!

Best view and location

Standard rooms at lower floor are, well standard and not exactly value for money although there is noting in particular to complain about.

The location is perfect. Directly at the ‘lake’ and you have the very best view for breakfast or at the bar at night. The view alone is worth the stay.

It seems the hotel lack knowledge on technology or have some...

It seems the hotel lack knowledge on technology or have some really bad deals. The Wifi did not work in the room and the TV had a really bad signal and a broken remote.

The view of the Aussenalster with impressive sunsets.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

Due to the location of the hotel right besides the multi-lane, even at night busy street "An der Alster" it is impossible to sleep with the windows open.

The view of the Aussenalster with impressive sunsets.

Perfect accomodation for 3 sunny days in Hamburg
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

I wasn’t aware that my booking did not include breakfast, which then came as slightly expensive surprise. The view from 9th floor was worth it eventually, though (plus the breakfast was excellent).

The location is top notch, beautiful surroundings with lots of things to do. The room design is nice, staff is superfriendly and helpful. 9th floor bar & restaurant have a great view. And a nice Spa. And thank you for the sunny weather - I wasn’t sure I properly booked it, but was delivered flawlessly:-)

Lovely for a weekend stay the rooms with lake view are very nice

Staff at reception very unfriendly no please no thank you the curtain in the shower

Very good location nice walk to city center clean modern hotel good size of room

Convenient location and value for money!

The spa! The jacuzzi was out of order. The changing room has little to no amenities. The sauna and steam room are not separated for men and women. The towels in the room need changing. The staff in the restaurant can be more friendly.

The room, the staff, the view over the lake and the location.

One of the absolute best hotels in Hamburg with great and motivated staff

The Hotel is fantastic, a beautiful location right at the alter, fantastic stafff, great bar and restaurant on the top floor overlooking the Alster, and both Dinner and Breakfast the top of the top

It was really good and I like the city.

Reception offered a breakfast preorder package during our stay and did not inform us that we were not able to cancel because of our early departure, w were not able to have breakfast on our last day. Pool was full because of Ostern Ferien.

Hotel location is great, rooms are clean and we had Alster view, it is our second stay. Breakfast is really rich. Heritage restaurant view is great. I strongly recommend.

a lovely weekend . our second visit would definatly stay again

Bed needed something extra at the headboard. So easy to hit your head on the wooden bedhead. Bit snobby in the restaurant the one evening. Breakfast as said super but way to expensive......

So cute we had a basket of easter eggs outside our rooms. Breakfast super lovely

5 Star at 4 star price

The breakfeast price is a bit high 32€ even if it is EXTRA special :)

Location was amazing and the staff were very efficient and helpfull, made us feel welcome and gave upgrades where they could overall we highly reccomend this beautiful hotel

Not meeting expectations for a spa weekend

Small pool, dirty, very cold water. Dirty spa area No separate elevator for spa area. You need to go via front entrance. Never saw that before. Strange smell on corridors Cheap bathroom products

View from restaurant External elevator with view to Alster lake Friendly personell at Restaurant area

I had a standard room, and the bathroom was amazing :D

-Wifi signal was 3 of 5 bars. Not even enough to connect -Spa facilities/ service was not best - the spa is something advertised in the room, but when I went downstairs to book an appointment, the staff was less than enthusiastic about it (massage/manicure) and said it is not possible (and no options provided). Maybe they just do not speak English comfortably enough, no idea. But my expectations were high and for sure little bit disappointed -The pool was a bit on the cold side, and not really suitable for swimming (low depth)

I had a standard room, and the bathroom was amazing :D Location is also handy, close to shopping, with a lake close by for running. Room service options are great Gym was pretty nice too :)

Unbeatable lake views, good location, surprisingly good breakfast
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

Nothing much - the road between the hotel and the lake (An der Alster) is a bit busy and noisy, it would have been perfect if the hotel was directly on the lake shore. But the double-glazed doors lock down and keeps out the traffic noise - just a pity if you want to keep the door open and enjoy the breeze and view, then it gets a bit noisy. Room could have included some paid English channels for international guests, otherwise it only has German and European TV, plus a few older movies that you can pay per view (but I'd seen them all).

Pay more for the lakeview rooms, it's worth it. The breakfast is outstanding - the restaurant on the 9th floor has double-height glass walls overlooking Alster lake, the food is high quality (with some unusual items like honeycomb, sparkling wine). The location is great: walking distance to Hamburg Haupbahnhof (even dragging suitcases), close to the Kuntshalle and the main downtown area (Europa passage) and town square. And the Alster lake and the surrounding neighbourhood is beautiful for a relaxing stroll or two

Finally a 5 star hotel that meets the expectations.

The pool could be just a couple of degrees hotter. On the breakfast, a hotel like this should offer proper espresso instead of the coffee based drinks from a automatic machine. The quality of the coffee could be a lot better as well. Last but not least, the price for parking the car in the hotel is unnecessarily high. Other than that, nothing to complain.

Finally a 5 star hotel that meets the expectations. Everything was great, the breakfast is really good (specially for the German standards) and you have a great view from the restaurant to the Alster river, it really enhances the experience. The room is great, have a very nice bathtub and shower and the SPA facilities are great as well. I totally recommend this hotel when travelling to Hamburg.

It looks like a luxury hotel - but the details will proof you wrong.

The bathroom is clearly misdesigned. Shower curtains do not belong in a high-class hotel. The bathroom door was banging and wobbling and making a nose that comes close to a thunder - having a light sleep and a partner with a weak bladder makes the sleeping time a nightmare. Hotel staff was not able to fix this problem after the first night. The sink was way too high, therefor you had to squeez your hands between the the water tap and the sink - a water fountain was created and everything around the sink was wet. The light in the corridor was not working - the staff was not able to fix this after the first day of stay. The spa has no relaxing room - to retreat after the sauna - therefore you have to lay down around the noisy indoor pool. Sauna customer are refusing to use a towel and taking off their bath-shorts.

The staff was very friendly. The check-in was convenient and the restaurant/bar atmosphere was very good. The Alster-Lake view was stunning during day and night time.

The pool and spa.

Coffee shop not open on weekends. A little too contemporary and business like compared to other 4/5 star hotels i have stayed in. No English TV channels. Pool could have been a bit warmer. Over priced breakfast items.

The pool and spa. Location.

Great hotel, but my favourite le Meridien is still Bangkok

I didn't feel the hotel was of the same standard as their properties we have stayed at in Bangkok and New Dehli. On first walking into our room, we both thought wow, really nice room and so well decorated, but once we had spent some time in the room, I found that the details were great, but some of the bigger things were missing - more focus on aesthetics, with functional as a secondary concern. The lighting in our room was extremely poor - there are insufficient light fittings, none are bright and it is impossible to make the room bright. The breakfast room/restaurant has mood lighting, but this makes it extremely dark. This wasn't too much of a problem in the eating area, but the area where the buffet is served was too dark to be able to see what you were taking - I resorted to using my cellphone torch to see what I taking. The bread selection at breakfast left me wanting, and the croissants were a bit overcooked. Unfortunately after six nights, the breakfast buffet choice was getting a bit tired and I felt I had eaten the same thing for breakfast a few times - the same options were available everyday without any rotation.

The le Meridien in Hamburg is a great hotel and definitely five star in terms of facilities, comfort and cleanliness. The room we had had a great view of the city (away from the lake) and we had our own balcony which was quite sizable. The bed was big and comfortable, and the shower was amazing - the TV sound was even piped to the bathroom. The hotel is located far enough away from the train station that the area seems quite good, and has a great location on the lake. The area to the right of the front door is really good, but further towards the station isn't as great. There is no public transport directly outside, but there is a bus stop a couple of blocks back and you can walk to the station. The breakfast room was smaller than I expected, but they had a good selection of small plates, which was refreshed as soon as things were finished. The cold fish selection and pastries were both amazing and really tasty, as were the frikkadels and omlettes. They had a good selection of good quality teas, both in the room (bags) and at the breakfast buffet (loose leaf). The views from the breakfast room, restaurant and bar are from the 9th floor, over the lake - great views no matter the weather. Staff were all efficiently and helpful. WIFI was free and quite fast, good enough even for video streaming - this was necessary as the TV channel selection wasn't great for non-German visitors.

Really liked the design and lighting of the room

The mini bar was completely empty. Had to call someone to order some water. The water was extremely expensive. €10 per bottle is bit too overpriced.

Really liked the design and lighting of the room

hotel with a view when you can see it

The bar doesn't have much food and it's quite expensive for what it is. I came hoping to enjoy the fireworks from the 9th floor (restaurant and bar) but it turned to be impossible because it's was already reserved for a party. I had to pay a caution of 750 euros at my arrival (they didn't used it actually) though it was a prepaid reservation. I didn't like the arrival there, when people makes you understand there are two kinds of clients, upper/lower.

The room is very big : the bathroom has a big bath and a huge shower. The bed is great : one sleeps very well, and for once the curtains are really useful. The view was not terrific, a court, but it was quiet. The pool isn't very big, but it's OK : the water is pretty cool, for a sauna in fact, not for swimming. The hotel is near the lake, so nice view from the 9th floor (bar and restaurant) and near the main station.

The hotel charged me again when i checked out even i had...

The hotel charged me again when i checked out even i had paid already upon booking. They promised to refund the previous payment but they didn't. When i asked, they just showed me the auto generated reciept of successful refund but did not want to do anything to help investigate and solve the issue. It is good that i have a good bank that can help me to dispute this on behalf of me. I will never choose this hotel anymore because it is not worth to trust.

Very nice stay for the xmas holidays
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

The spa stated 'no bathing suits' for the sauna & steam bath, and some even stayed naked in the pool area. I know its a German culture but a place w/ tourits and even kids, I think the pool should be w/ clothes. Or at least write in the review of the spa so people are preparred. The daily cleaning was unstructured, and they came late in the day which meant they cleaned while we were having dinner...

A great view, nice size of room. A clean room overall, great location, 10 min walk from center and 5 min to nice restaurants and bars in St George. The bar was amazing w/ cocktails and view of the Alster lake. The xmas dinner was outstanding at the restaurant.

Fantastic attention to details at this Hotel

The staff were extraordinary. We were celebrating our daughters 20th birthday. A plate was brought to her room with happy birthday written in chocolate, there were also chocolates and fruit. We were looking forward to having dinner at the hotel restaurant overlooking the lake and were upset when learning that the restaurant was fully booked the day after. They somehow managed to squeeze us in anyway, and our waiter was fantastic, very attentive. The food was fantastic. All in all - we will definitely return to this beautiful hotel.

No 5 stars comfort

The Flow of the water in the toilette was defekt, in the sink the water didn't run up well, the Room service entered the room illegally The Breakfast restaurant was to small, had to wait a long time for getting a table

The view from the terrasse restaurant, but not the view...

No flexibiltiy with the Cancelation of the rooms. We arrived one nicht late because of the storm (the Elb was closed for Cruise ships). A construction work is going on. We had to ask several times for cleaning the rooms.

The view from the terrasse restaurant, but not the view from the back side room.

Not the value of money and won’t be coming back or recommend to anyone

Mostly everything, pictures on booking.com was not What we actually saw!! I booked for 1 double bed near the pool but was offer 2 single bed on the 5th floor. No red carpet at the entrance :-(

Just the pool

Great location, lovely room, friendly staff

Price of breakfast. 38 Euros when you only want a bowl of muesli and a coffee is VERY steep!

Everything. Super location, nice quite stylish room, comfortable bed, iron, kettle - everything is there . And a stunning view over the lake from the restaurant

Good apart from the room mix up

The room was a twin and when I showed the booking from booking.com, which was for a double room I was told that the hotel didn't receive this info. I felt as though my booking was inferior because I had used Booking.com

View from breakfast

Best hotel in Hamburg
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

A bit expensive but you have to pay for good service these days....

Everything. Staff, food, location, cleanliness all brilliant and you get free trips on the Alster Lake.

great view over the Alster in the restaurant.

breakfast was very good ! little doubt, if it's good value for 30€, but i recommend it because everything was tasty and fresh.

great view over the Alster in the restaurant. stylish lobby and rooms.

Comfortable, great view and convenient location.

My friend who booked through SPG direct got an expensive rate and I feel overpaid for the room he had. I always thought they said it's better if you book direct. I was happy with my rate through booking.com! So it pays to check both....

Non fuss interiors which are clean and refreshing. Staff were friendly enough and the bar and breakfast room have an amazing vista! Right on the Alster so great for walks.

View on the lake is amazing and the firework show was easy and beautiful to see.

i definitely booked a master bed but at the reception they told me in order to give me a room with a master i have to pay extra about 18 percent. Also the tv channels were really disappointing. There were like 5 arab channels yet not a single one polish and just few english. It's funny cause that just shows the demand. No mini bar at the room.

The shower and bathroom was dreamy. We took the shower about 4 times in one night. Also the view was amazing and the pool satisfactory.

Excellent service but overpriced
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

The air conditioned is very weak and internet quality Is not always reliable and efficient. The hotel gym is not as well equipped as in other hotels from the same category

The food is good but overpriced

Good room, comfortable bed

Front-desk manager was very arrogant and impolite, but all others were fine. Long lines for check-in/check-out. Expect to waste at least 15-20 minutes. Very small bar, ridiculously small for the hotel of this size.

Good room, comfortable bed

Breakfast was nice, and so was the dinner we've had in...

Dirty old room, definitely not renovated for a while. Carpet looks like it has been stabbed by a sword or something. Baby crib is from the 90s. Bad mattresses and pillows.

Breakfast was nice, and so was the dinner we've had in the hotel restaurant. Nice location.

Wonderful hotel with breathtaking Alster Lake views!

We had a wonderful experience at the Le Meridien Hamburg! We were in Hamburg for the last night of our honeymoon and we were two brides that got married, which isn't always treated with tolerance and openness, but they were so lovely to us and even surprised us with some delicious sweets! We upgraded for 30 euros to a larger room with a view of the Alster Lake, which was totally worth it! We can highly recommend this wonderful hotel! The breakfast was also fantastic!

Lovely stay at a luxurious hotel in a fabulous city !

Expensive ... but a luxury treat for us

View from room On 7th floor of alster lake was beautiful (although it cost extra 45 euros "per night" ! Bathroom was luxurious and decor very modern

Indifferent, stay somewhere else.

Ridiculous price for an ordinary breakfast. The freestanding bath was impossible to get out of even for my athlete daughter. The bar area downstairs, which had the only comfortable seating was closed for the duration of our stay. Having checked the bar upstairs four adults and two teenagers went to bed instead.

the bedrooms were roomy, the water was hot.

Our stay was very enjoyable in this charming hotel

The breakfast room is a bit small that some people have to set in the bar.

Rooms are quiet. Choose higher room with beautiful view on Alster lake. Breakfast is very good. View from the breakfast restaurant and upper bar is stunning on the lake.

Good hotel in an excellent location.

Air con didn't work on the first night but was rectified by the hotel the next day. Shower and sink drain blocked but this was also fixed as soon as we told staff.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was excellent. Room was spotless. Hotel encouraged guests to consider making more environmentally aware choices such as reusing towels. Hotel is in a really buzzing area and in a superb location for an array of bars, cafes and excellent restaurants.

The most comfortable hotelbed I've ever slept in and the...

We were staying on the second floor and it definetely needs some TLC. Carpet is stained and smells and the walls need painting...All in all walking towards our room it didn't look like a 5star-hotel.

The most comfortable hotelbed I've ever slept in and the top floor restaurant is excellent.Friendly and helpful staff.

Good standard hotel, but overpriced and bad design

Completely overpriced. Had much better hotels at this price or even cheaper. Didn't like the design either. Room layout was not practical either. Small window, so the room was quite dark.

Good location, close to central station and Außenalster. Bikes on rent.

the location but people should get more accurate ...

I was really disappointed to hear that I have booked a double room for 1 person eventhough I am sure that i clicked on the correct window : double superieur room with breakfast but apparently on the first window of booking.com it was automatically set 1 guest. On the confirmation it was confirmed the room I have ordered with the rate and total to be paid. Only a few lines below it was written 1 guest. The site should be more transparent and insert 1 guest on the rate line!! besides I have the feeling that when you order via booking they don't like it. They said that we have booked a " standard room". We got a room at the end of the corridor. no view. by the way we couldn't close the door of the room properly. The breakfast is very good but very crowdy missing coffee, plates . We had to wait. Regarding the fitness room: need maintenance as not working properly.

the location but people should get more accurate information how to get to the hotel from the train station . It can be very easy if you take the good exit to the street from the station. .

Comfy bed and great food with a view

Lovely big well appointed room with very comfy bed. In-room dining was top quality and the breakfast rates as one of the best I've had all trip, and it comes with an amazing view.

Great place to stay.

There was nothing we did not like.

The location is great, breakfast was 5 star as most German breakfasts we find. The staff are very friendly and courteous as with almost everyone in Hamburg. Great value for money; one of the better you will find.

Le Meridien at its best - In Hamburg
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

Nothing. (That I could not stay longer)

Super nice and new, clean, and well run. Le Meridien is a great brand, but this is one of the best that I have stayed in. Highlights: The Restaurant has a spectacular view and great food and service. The beds are super comfy, and we loved the shower, tub, and the high-quality shampoo and bath gel made with different essential oils; a nice touch. They even had very capable and genuinely friendly staff - even the German ones!

Excellent hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Alster Lake View

Excellent hotel with friendly, professional staff and great facilities. Excellent location, walking distance from main attractions and shopping. Top class restaurant, spacious rooms.

Comfortable stay!

It could have been better if there were more TV channels with english-speaking programmes.

The was really close to the central station and the town hall, as well as the shopping streets at Neuer Wall -- all within 10-15 min of walk. The hotel is clean, spacious and there's a bathtub available in the room and ample space in the toilet as well. The staff were friendly, and offered us a late check-out since we were leaving on a Saturday.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Fantastic restaurant views but special requests ignored.

We requested a double bed room and a twin room adjoining but our request was ignored.

Receptionist very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was amazing all glass and on the 9th floor, with views over Alster lake. Breakfast was excellent.

The perfect hotel to have a wonderful time

We stayed only two nights ;-(

Breakfast was absolutely fantastic! Food at the restaurant was also very delicious. We were taken care with excellent service and quality. The spa was great, the restaurant has a magnificent view, rooms were big, beautiful and comfortable. All in all we would always go back there!

Browse Le Méridien Hamburg traveller photo gallery