Reviews of Mini Himalaya Frankfurt City Messe This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Schönstraße 6, Gutleutviertel, 60327 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#201 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

Great location and staff.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The room didn’t have hot water. The stairs were so steep so that I was afraid to carry my luggage.

Great location and staff. Breakfast is great and the coffee is amazing!

Convenient, good value hotel
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The facilities in the room were just a bit odd. There was a light above the mirror over the sink, but no way to turn it on. There was a hairdryer next to the sink, but no outlet close enough to actually plug it in.

The breakfast was great! A good, varied mix of different many kinds of food, and they don't mind if you go away then come back later for a second helping. They even let me stay for a while after the official finishing time of 10:00. The staff were really friendly and helpful - I was recovering from a broken leg and not very mobile, but the staff helped me with my heavy case and made sure I was OK. The location was OK, close to the train station and bus terminal, but all the main sights are on the other side of the station.

Ok place to spend the night.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Room without air conditioning. It was something weird about the room, I don't know what. I just didn't feel ok about it.

Really low cost. The crew was ok. I arrived and they didn't have my room, so they put me in a better one for the price of the one I booked. It was close to the main train station and was really easy to go to places.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Receptionist.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

A bit of a hectic area, but I think not dangerous

Receptionist. Near train station and center. Excellent breakfast, friendly staff. I recommend everyone for short business trips. Not far is an excellent online supermarket with low prices, in which everything is.

Great location and great breakfast and the breakfast lady is...
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

We were on the next building at the back that anybody can go in without going through the front desk. Felt unsafe.

Great location and great breakfast and the breakfast lady is very helpful.

The staff were really good, even brought me up a bottle of...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Not having a bathroom wasn't the best experience. The walls were very thin and the other guests seemed to have smoked in the hallway- however this isn't something the hotel can help.

The staff were really good, even brought me up a bottle of water. Room was well cleaned with sufficient towels and duvet.

Good enough for price
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

The connection of wifi was not good enough. My room was supposed to be non-smoking room but it smelled a bit.

All staffs were nice and friendly. Breakfast was good as we expected. The building and facilities seemed quite old, but they were always well cleaned.

Great Hotel Close to City-Center.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Public toilet on my floor was dirty/smelly most of the times (the one on the ground floor was clean, though). No logic at all regarding the set-up of the different channels, no channel-list, so it was difficult to find the TV-channels I wanted.

A great small hotel next to the main railway station and close to city-center. Even though public parking was restricted I always found a spot quickly on my 2 nights stay. Very friendly check-in staff, fast and efficient check-in/-out, excellent breakfast with a big variety of different dishes, all sorts of coffee, freshly brewed by a professional coffee-machine. Good and real orange-juice, boiled and scrambled eggs. Even though the location seems not to be the best one security-wise I did not feel uneasy when coming back by foot late. Room was small but clean, relatively quiet and newly renovated. Wifi is fast, huge selection of (international) TV-channels.

Great value and helpful staff! ;))
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

All (especially front desk) staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is great! The room is tiny but cozy enough for its price. Thank you everyone! :))

OK, we weren't expecting anything grand and the place just met our expectations.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

the parking facilities, 10 euro/night is a tad too much considering the place is packed and it's very difficult to maneuver. The street is very narrow and quite full of vehicles, honestly they should charge less for guests' parking. I understand they had to cope with a lot of guests due to the snow and all cancellations at the airport but priority for parking should be given to guests who booked in advance even if they arrive in the evening.

the staff is very friendly and the buffet for breakfast is also quite OK. The room is very spacious and we paid for the upgrade (10e) which meant we had our own toilet.

It was good for a stop over.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

The shower was a bit harsh and the lighting wasn't great (wouldn't recommend showering at night). The streets were kind of loud towards the night but we slept through it. The bathroom is shared and not in the room obviously but it was clean and nice. The pillows were dreadful as they were flat and gave no support.

It was in a great location, easy to access and the staff were very helpful. The value was great and the breakfast was good. As young adults on a budget it was a great place.

Unclean bathroom, one toilet per floor.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Unclean bathroom, one toilet per floor. We stayed in the back building, it has no soundproofing, saggy bed, smelt of cigarette smoke. No ventilation for the shower. Broken tv. Also had the water turned off, with no warning for 4+hrs, than afterwards the water ran brown and remained undrinkable for the rest of our stay. Would not recommend.

I'd go there again
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

I really liked choises for breakfast and it had rational hours :) Staff was extra amazing and helpful. On-site parking is available on reservation, which is cool. There is WIFI available as well and near-by park to get some rest.

Great location - extremely close to the Hauptbahnhof but...
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Great location - extremely close to the Hauptbahnhof but very quiet place. REWE supermarket is just around the corner. Room is basic but clean and has all the necessary facilities including hairdryer. Good breakfast. Steady wifi connection.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

A Walk to the River
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Because nearly 100% of the hotels in Franfurt were sold out, the rate I paid was a reflection of that. But I assume in other occasions it might be fairly inexpensive.

Because Himalaya is a walking distance from the FRA main train station, it is perfect for business travelers. Very helpful and friendly staff, and a very generous breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Friendly environment, friendly and helpful staff, lovely...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

There are 2 hotel buildings: one is "HOTEL" Himalaya and the other is "MINI" Himalaya. If you end up in the "MINI" Himalaya you will experience the POOR sound proof walls and extremely LOUD door opening/closing sound and you have to SHARE a toilet per floor. I didn't have a problem sharing toilet since I'm only in the hotel at night, but the door at "MINI" Himalaya is so freaking loud each time when people closes it. People who stayed at the "MINI" Himalaya are very inconsiderable, I felt like I traveled back in time and was living in my university college dormitory. They also need to fix the shower head because it was very loose, water was simply shooting out everywhere in my room carpet. If you're a girl or traveling with a girl or want to have a quiet time with her, unless her (or you) care less about privacy, strongly recommend you to look for another hotel.

Friendly environment, friendly and helpful staff, lovely breakfast, good wifi speed, clean room.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

An ok breakfast was included.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

This is definitely what I call a rip-off. First of all, I booked an economy room with what I thought was only a shared toilet. Apparently, the shower was also shared even though the description of the room did not mention that. We get into the room and the first thing that hit me was the smell. The room smelled like sweat and dirty clothes and it was not a smell one can get used to. Second, there is only one light in the room. No lamps, only one light in the middle of the room. Thirdly, the hallways had zero heating so the room was prettly cold when we arrived and there was only one tiny heater for the entire room. Don't even get me started on the toilets. The heaters were closed, we were the ones to open them, the floors were dirty and the shower was falling apart. And all of this for only a payment of 50 euros. A bargain, right? The night before we slept here we payed 40 euros for a clean room in a clean hotel with a private bathroom and proper heating in Cologne. I don't know how this is in any way acceptable.

An ok breakfast was included. The reception was opened late.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Not well maintained 3 star hotel
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

The pillows were really bad. Towels were really old. Stained floors. And the articles in the room were either old or not well maintained. I dont know how it has got a 3 star.

A decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

dump.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

I didn't like the noise at 5 AM, the cleanliness of the shared (!) toilets, the cold, and the single room in general. After the first night I concluded that I don't want to stay there anymore. It was just too horrible and I decided to leave the hotel for the rest of the stay and sleep somewhere else. I already payed for 4 nights in advance so I said I want the money for 3 nights back. They didn't even return the money, blaming it on the booking system. So I payed for a service I didn't use.

I liked nothing. Sorry. It's a dubious dump, and I have stayed in many dubious places, but this was by far the worst. Good luck trying to go from the Central Railway Station to the Hotel on foot.... it's not as easy as it seems.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

You can get better place for the same price
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Internet was working just in the loby. The bath room was separate. On the room just the shower, we had to share the toilet. It was not fun.

The Hotel was close to Downtown and the main train station.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Aweful place
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

In a word nothing. Just nothing. It's a trash and garbage . you will feel you are closed in a warehouse. If you have extra cash to waste in your disposal checkin to this garbage.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good Price and Service During Exhibition Season
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

I arrived at the mini everest a bit late due to the delay of shuttle bus departing from the airport. The stuff of front dest had waited late in the evening, which was really nice of him. The breakfast was good, so was the experience of sleeping. Recommend this hotel for people looking for a downtown place with a budget planning.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

I liked the spacing of the hotel rooms.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Bad location. Although it was no more than a 20 minute walk into the city centre, there was a park just outside the hotel, which was always full of unsettled people, loitering around, staring at us and drinking too much. A roudy atmosphere. We had to always get a taxi at night for safety reasons. Pillow cases were also dirty.

I liked the spacing of the hotel rooms. Staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Very central position, close to the main station.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

You can hear everything from the the rooms on the same floor.

Very central position, close to the main station. Possibility of parking the car for 10 Euro in the private parking. Late check-out

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

OK
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Staff was ok, The room was extremely small, the toilet not so clean. If you stay for 1-2 nights it is ok, but it could be more in the center and could be cheaper for what you really get. If you go alone I do not recomend it. The hotel and the area are quite creepy. As I went with my boyfriend it was alright

The location was not bad, although not in a very nice area. But it is very close to the main trainstation ( like 6 minutes walk). Although it is not in the center at all.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Ok for the price I guess.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

My room was incredibly hot and smelled like cigarettes.

The breakfast was good and the staff were friendly.

Services and hospitality

Cleanliness in the room

Services and hospitality

The rooms are clean and cozy, breakfast is included which...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The rooms are a bit small and there are no elevators.

The rooms are clean and cozy, breakfast is included which was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was a...
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

The room was so hot and humid as there was no fan or anything to keep cool

The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was a delicious feast!

Staff was amazingly good and treats like friend
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Electric sockets were limited like one and was behind the table not closer to the bed

Staff was amazingly good and treats like friend

Rooms were very small and attached toilet Expectation with...

very close to station

Rooms were very small and attached toilet Expectation with this terriff. rooms were not cleaned every day even after reminder.

No comments

If i had other option i wouldnt have stayed here.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Bed was collapse, weird and loud noise in the midnight. I would go crazy if i stay for one more night.

The receptionist was kind.

Convenient location for overnight stay near station

Shower was cold

Friendly staff, good breakfast, close to the station, cheap

I will not like to stay at Himalaya
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Bed size, room size and bathroom are extra small.

Staff

The room was cold

The room was comfortable and calm

Near exhibition center
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

No single washing room inside room and no hot water

Near exhibition center

Near to central train station and you can go walking to...

The bath is so bad

Near to central train station and you can go walking to Frankfurt center, nice ubication

Room and toilet

Room and toilet

staff was poor
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

staff was poor i don t recomand this hotel never

Good breakfast!

Good breakfast!

nice place to stay with an affordable pricr but lil bit far from the crowd
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

the location is far breakfast is not so good

the room cleanliness the staff is nice & helpfull good price

Very successful
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Breakfast included in the price very good and fresh, Very nice and friendly service

I'd rather scratch out my eyes than stay here again

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

👍😊

Nothing special

It was not so clean!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Good for backpackers, not for families (especialy not with car)
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

absolut no parking available. Staff was semi friendly. Room was very stinky (smoking)

Breakfast was ok. Not far from city center

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The extremely good location, good value for money, great...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

size of the room - insufficient place to open suitcase properly

The extremely good location, good value for money, great breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Excellent accomodation.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Honestly nothing. Liked everything.

The staff was too good and friendly and supportive and caring. Dherraj helped me throughout and i m honored.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Was interesting...

Internet connection

Good environment, friendly staff, great breakfast and good location - near Frankfurt main station

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Not recommended
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Washroom wasn't included in the room. Worst ever room

No breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Bed was cozy
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Room was dirty and had a bad smell.

Bed was cozy

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

I liked the hospitality

I liked the hospitality

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Close to Hauptbanhof.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Kind of crippy building.. There there blood stains on the carpet.

Close to Hauptbanhof.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Cleanliness

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Its nice place really im so comfortable
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The hotel is so near the central you can walk any place from there and also the have so good break fast in morning

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Staff was very friendly.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Staff was very friendly. The location was good .

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

We stayed in the end in Hotel Everest 3* and the price...

The matress was a little too soft and we had to sleep with the head on the other side of the bed because we felt we were sleeping with the heads down.

We stayed in the end in Hotel Everest 3* and the price difference was very well ussed. The location. The room.The people working there are very nice. The fact that it was cleanead every day. It is in a quiet and clean neighborhood and has a very good breakfast. They had signs to the hotel starting almost from the main train station and it was easy to be reached.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Pleasant and helpful staff, very good breakfast, close to...

Room was very cold when we arrived, and 1 radiator wasn't able to warm it up too fast. Our room was with huge windows and no blinds, just small curtains visible through, thus it felt weird being in room when it is dark outside as everything was visible.

Pleasant and helpful staff, very good breakfast, close to central station

• Reviewed: 25 December 2015

the staff is really nice, polite and helpful and it is one...

the bathrooms were very smelly and looked dirty. overall it was more like a classic state of building in some outskirt of London.

the staff is really nice, polite and helpful and it is one of the cheapest options in this area. not the best one though.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Clean room and suppose to be not bad smell in side the room ...

Not clean room,there were bad smell of smoke,no city information

Clean room and suppose to be not bad smell in side the room ,infermation,contact with city tour bus

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Very friendly and helpful reception and breakfast staff.

Stayed there during a trade fair when the room rates were 8-fold (800%)!!! above the rack rates. I understand that hotels take advantage of room shortages during peak times but this was simply outrageous.

Very friendly and helpful reception and breakfast staff. Location in walking distance from train station and Messe Frankfurt. Rooms need and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

location, excellent breakfast, very friendly and kind...

poor wi-fi signal in room! changing username and password every day but i must admit that wi-fi works somehow... maybe shared toilet... soft pillow.

location, excellent breakfast, very friendly and kind kitchen stuff, clean room

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Hotel located near the city center.

Reception doesn't read the wishes of clients written on the booking. There was no parking anymore when we arrived. Hotel costy and of poor quality compare to eastern europe.

Hotel located near the city center.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

Breakfast was very good, and we got private bathroom in our...

The view through the window in ground floor room, slow wifi.

Breakfast was very good, and we got private bathroom in our room (even it was mentioned it will be shared)

• Reviewed: 21 March 2015

Breakfast is very nice!

Firstly, the way to the hotel is very dark because it's located in opposite directions from the center of the city. The bathroom and WC is not clean. CRT tv is awful. There are no lift.

Breakfast is very nice!! There are soursage, egg, a various hams including raw ham and fruits. Staff are quite good, I think.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2015

Friendly staff

Very poor quality and condition of the shower cabin. Stained curtains. Weak light bulb. In summery - a very poor standard for an outrageous price

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Location in Frankfurt

No toilets or bathroom in some of the rooms A bit loud, low equipment

Location in Frankfurt

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

cleanliness , service

cleanliness , service

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Breakfast is very good

The room has a smoke smell.

Breakfast is very good

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Toilets were dirty, rooms were tiny and smelly. Some strange loud noise from heater all night. Never going back again.

Location. Breakfast was okie.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Very friendly personal

The street is quite danger even during evenings.

Very friendly personal

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

Surprised by the good, varied breakfast.

Surprised by the good, varied breakfast. Comfortable bed, too. 5 Minutes walk from Central Station.

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mini Himalaya Frankfurt City Messe traveller photo gallery