Reviews of Leonardo Hotel Mönchengladbach This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Speicker Str. 49, Westend, 41061 Mönchengladbach, Germany

#18 of 39 hotels in Mönchengladbach

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

It’s not 4 stars hotel. It’s 3 minus or 2 stars. The worst 4 stars on our way. Everything is dirty, old, not enough power Sockets. Terrible dirty old carpeting. Dirty toilets. Depressive bar with no barmen there. It’s was extremely noisy in the room. There you have an old wooden door, closing on latch leading to another hotel room. We literally heard every movement and word of our neighbors at 1 am! Uncomfortable beds and pillows The only „renovated“ thing is the reception. Not enough places to sit on breakfast (small area). No minibar

Nothing. Depressive dirty Place

Great location and safe/clean facilities
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

- Staff are a little robotic (but pleasant and professional when engaged) ..... I attributed this to nothing more than Germans, specifically, doing their job..

Location, efficiency, and price. The facility has a good location and maintains a clean and sanitary environment. Staff efficiency was noted and he breakfast was on par with expectations, although not worth the cost.

clean and comfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

car parking charges. No great character to the building.

clean and comfortable. very central and easy to get to. good breakfast. Friendly staff. Nice bar.

Great hotel, very clean and comfortable.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Great hotel, very clean and comfortable. Totally recommended, very near to city center, shopping mal and restaurants. For transport you have a bus station and of course you can use taxi is very cheap. The best was the breakfast!! They have homemade bread freshly baked.... DELICIOUS!!!

The hotel location is perfect for both a business and...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I'm not the kind of person that is used to complain, however both at check-in/check-out the receptionist were not so kind and polite. We'arrived at the hotel @ 21.15 and, although the restaurant should close @ 22.30, we had to sit in the bar for dinner (contrary to the receptionist the bar tender was a very polite person). Last but not least, the hotel can't be considered a 4 stars (probably it was on early 90's), carpet/moquette everywhere (most of the time dirty - I found biscuits crumbs in my room), air conditioning not so easy to handle, poor wifi signal (3rd floor) - at rush hours (08.00 am) the two elevators were definitely not easy to get it. I will definitely not recommend this hotel.

The hotel location is perfect for both a business and leasure trip in Monchengladbach. Comfortable beds.

On the whole good..
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I was convinced I had got a room with breakfast included. But no.. Obviously my mistake.. When I enquired at the cost I was told it was 15 euros per person (inc my 13yr old) which I thought excessive. So we went to a nearby bakery everyday. Charging 10 euro for parking daily was plain greedy.. Given the hotel is literally surrounded itself with car parking spaces! Unfortunately, there was a beer festival on in the adjacent free car park (which ever mentions) .. So we had to pay..

Very clean. Nice reception staff.

Close to the autobahn.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Charged for parking. Not the most exciting area.

Close to the autobahn. The employee who managed orders for room service was fantastic. Great service and attitude and humour.

A very nice hotel to stay in while we met up with old friends.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was spaceous and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Excellent choice for breakfast. Had tea/coffee facilities and a safe in the room.

Spacious, clean and convenient price for a 4-stars facility
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No minibar cooler in the rooms.

Roomy Space for the rooms. Bathrooms are clean. Beds are comfy. Great view on the castle from the front facing Rooms. Quite close to the shopping area. Only five minutes away from the Central Station via Taxi. Taxis are always available at the parking of the Hotel.For travelers with vehicles, there is a dedicated outdoor parking area available for the guests. Breakfast is variant and open-buffet style.

great would stay again
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff were so very helpful I was moving my daughter home from a period of living in Germany we had a packed car and they let us have a parking space which could be seen on CCTV and by reception staff They let us have the room as soon as it was ready Also my daughter had stayed with them two weeks previously when there was a terrible storm in Europe . The staff were so very nice to her in very difficult circumstances for her

No free wifi
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There isn't a free wifi. It doesn't work at all. I understand business models, I accept that you make more money with premium wifi but... if you claim free wifi and then it doesn't work and you have to buy a premium one, this is a scam, not a business model. And since you have 3 free wifi, I guess is a known problem. I had huge problems with the connection I couldn't even buy a premium one so, I'm not sure if this is going to work for business trips. Consider improving your free wifi claim because I'll never come back to your hotels to avoid a nightmare like this. Losing a customer worth a 5 euros premium wifi?

Bad value for money- far from a 4 stars hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

- no minibar in the room -no slippers - i asked for a double room with king size bed but they could provide only a twin room with beds next to the other - the lady from the restaurant didnt speak english - they charge 10€ / day for parking also for the weekend even if opposite the parking is free during the weekend

There is a free BIG parking place from Friday 19:00 till Monday 09:00 opposite the hotel!

Great for business meetings
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel was convenient and close to Düsseldorf airport. You can park at the hotel for €10 per day with unlimited entry and exit. It was also close to the mall and we ate at La Pampa restaurant which is just 3min drive away.

With the exception of breakfast it was good value for money
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was quite expensive -20 euro per person. Extra payment for parking is always irritating

The beds were comfy and the hotel was quiet so we slept well. Temperature in the room was easy to control.

Position, personel, cleanliness, size of the room
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The price of breakfast (20 E) was comparable to the price of a dinner. I never thought it was worth it, never tried it.

Position, personel, cleanliness, size of the room

Great to be
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is very expensive. So we didn't buy food from the hotel

The location was very good for my trip. The rooms are very comfortable and the stuffs are good.

It suited our needs
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The Hotel has its own car park but on booking I didn’t notice or see anywhere that you had to pay an additional 10 Euro 💶 per 24 hour period in addition to the room rate for parking !! If I had seen I would have considered booking elsewhere!

The location was central and so walking distance to the Alter Markt

Never ever again unprofessional
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I did amended my bed preference and I had a confirmation email but when I reach to hotel I have been told there is no any room available other than my 2 single bed room so confirmation of amend means nothing even they didn't change next day and in the morning receptionist was so rude I don't think so I will go again this hotel. My point was this a chain hotel it should be professional unfortunately not for value if money never ever again

It was clean

Comfortable, but with unforeseen costs.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room was not perfectly clean. Bringing a pet is extremely expensive (€20,- per night). You also have to pay for parking (€10,- per night).

Friendly staff, large and comfortable rooms.

relax hotel ..city centre..but they have to tell and should be more open about extra prices
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

İf u didn't ask hotels options they r not telling any comment..u shoıld ask everything and extra price for internet and parking.ı can not understand ,if ı m staying in hotel why they wanna extra money for park ? it was surprise...

Room was quite good.bed was clean and comfortable.Clean room .. Otel is very near to city centre ..max 10 min by walk... 1 small bottle water was free for coffee and tea. other things and personel was good.Except u should ask everything ... İf u didn't ask about hotel options they r not telling any comment..u shoıld ask everything and extra price for internet and parking. ı can not understand ,if ı m staying in hotel why they wanna extra money for park ? it was surprise...

Wouldn't want to comeback there
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Front desk manager Asian man was rude and dishonest . Tricked me with my credit card charge when we arrived I wanted to book through booking but he quickly charged my credit card directly through the hotel. Restaurant is very expensive but good quality is terrible. Plus if you order steak they make you pay everything extra. Most places I ordered steak they would include salad or at least French fries

Breakfast was good, big room, very small beds.

Good for relaxing
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The windows dont open much, so it has bad air circulation

Staff was very nice providing what i previously asked in my reservation. The gym and the sauna are very good

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Grand Stay at the Leonardo Hotel, Monchengladbach
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

For a No Smoking Room, we could smell tobacco in the air as we entered. This was reported to the desk crew who, give them their due, dealt with our problem swiftly with aerosol. However, it should have been detected before letting out the room to the next guest. We had stayed at this location twice before, when it was the Holiday Inn. Then it had a small swimming pool located in the lower floor below the hotel, and it was this facility why we chose this location. Sadly, we were told that the swimming pool was no longer in existence, which was a disappointment.

The breakfast was self service, but there was a fine mix of cereals, cold meats and a large selection of rolls. Juices, coffee and tea where in ample quantities. On arrival to the hotel, we were met by the people behind the desk in a very polite manner and answered any questions we had. No language barrier either, We did try what little German we knew, but their English was faultless. Overall, the hotel was spotless, quiet and comfortable and is located near to the shopping centres which was but a short walk.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Clean and decent room, good breakfast and nicely...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately there were very noisy guests (soccer teams and their supervisors)in our floor, who would not listen to either our complaints or warnings of the hotel staff. The staff was so nice to offer us free breakfast to make up for the inconvenience.

Clean and decent room, good breakfast and nicely locatiedirecteur across the castle. Staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

A very enjoyable stay.

Can't think of anything.

The room was a good size and very comfortable. it was conveniently located for the town centre, station and for getting to the football stadium.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Friendly reception;
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Restaurant without much atmosphere. Menu selection a little disappointing.

Friendly reception; clean and spacious room. Perhaps the building is getting a bit dated...

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Excellent hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I stayed for bss reasons to Leonardo hotel; I found it perfect! Everything was excellent: room was extremely clean and cosy, staff was very warm and kind, location top convenient, breakfast more than satisfying! Super fast check-in check out, very good wi- fi connection; just perfect!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

I choice of Hotel in Mönchengladbach. Try it yourself
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nothing negative. Theres no such thing as perfect hotel....

I like everything about this hotel. I felt very comfortable from the welcome until I checked out. There maybe a small flaws but it never matters because the staff are amazing, respectful, warm, accomodating, NOT arrogant, theyre just there making your stay comfortable. Very well manage because it so clean and organized. Big and spacious and clean room. Although I avail their promo price but I wouldnt mind paying full price because its so worth for the full rate stay. Breakfast was so good, many choices from warm to cold. Next time i come i will stay here again. This will be my home hotel in Monchengladbach. Thank you Leonardo team for taking care of us during our stay. My small dog Momo loved being welcomed. He was very proud

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Friendly place to stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bed was a little hard but that is a personal choice.

Staff were very friendly. It was a good view of the steps up to the Altstadt and we could be in the centre within five minutes. Pleasant bar.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Carlos the front of house member of staff was exceptionally...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bathroom floor had previous occupant's hairs on floor.

Carlos the front of house member of staff was exceptionally polite, friendly and efficient. Well done Carlos!!

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Overall both my partner and I enjoyed the stay and would visit again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking charges and the fact that I had requested to have a fridge in the room. When allocated this was not the case. Arrival coffee or fresh water was not displayed upon arrival.

Pleasant and helpful staff throughout, especially the gentleman on reception upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Great stay in well placed hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The guy who ran the bar was excellent. I didn't catch his name but he was very helpful & had a great sense of humour. The location is really good too as only 10 mins to the Gladbach town centre

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The second room smelled strongly of cigarettes;

The smell.

The second room smelled strongly of cigarettes; obviously it had been occupied by a smoker prior to our visit and of course this is beyond the control of the management.

Everything was perfect

The Air conditioning does not go below 21

Everything was perfect

Great stay

Great experience

Good hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Payed parking without prior notice.

Close-by restaurants in city centre. Staff tipped that.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Large comfortable rooms, very good facilities,

Large comfortable rooms, very good facilities,

Everything was excellent

nice and forthcomming personal with beutyfull rooms with good space in the midle of the city

No breackfest and parking lot entrance unclear - on how to do

that they allow pets

Very warm welcome , clean and friendly environment.

Very warm welcome , clean and friendly environment. Good breakfats

no slippers in the room.

no slippers in the room.

Me and my friends would stay again

No complaints

Good bedroom with tea and coffee. English TV channels available. Drinks available in reception.

Check-out at 10:00 o’clock

Check-out at 10:00 o’clock

all of it

all of it

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

I ordered double sized bed but when I checked in it is two single beds

Value for money
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Clean and comfortable with good breakfast

Room, location ,view all great.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room, location ,view all great. Beds super comfy. Breakfast far too much money.20 euro for 1 person.

The room was comfortable and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff promised to correct the information on my bill but never did.

The room was comfortable and clean.

would stay again but bring my own tea
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

no coffee creme, could not get tv or air con to work and only fruit tea

comfy room and bed

cleaning and staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

double bed size is to small

cleaning and staff

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bed was very comfy and a good selection available for...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bed was very comfy and a good selection available for breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful

Good hotel on great location.

no fridge on the room.

location perfect

Parking fees.

Parking fees.

breakfast

breakfast

Fair
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The food is not do good and the staffs are no passions.

The bed is good and the transportations are well.

Wifi was too slow.

Wifi was too slow.

Heating doesnt work, only cold water, very bed signal of wifi

Heating doesnt work, only cold water, very bed signal of wifi

Great budget Fair Hotel for Dusseldorf

2 mattresses with a gap in the middle

big room, nice view, not too far from the fair in Dusseldorf, good breakfast

Paid parking place even for guests at ridiculous rate.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Paid parking place even for guests at ridiculous rate.

Good hotel. Would use again
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Cost to get to and from the airport

Very comfortable. Was only there for two days but the hotel suited my needs.

Nice hotel, car park is expensive
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Car parking 10,00€ for the guests I believe not good.

The bed was nice, room was clean and quite.

Went for Xmas market👍🍺

Nice hotel

Nice hotel

Large Room
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Dirty quilt, noisy plumbing from next door

Large Room

I been staying at the leonardo hotel for the pass 5 years

No food at night

The coffee downstaires

Car parking near hotel 10Eur per night is very expensive

Car parking near hotel 10Eur per night is very expensive

Poor for 4 star
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hot water didn't work properly and ac was broken. Expect more from a 4 star hotel

Great experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking in site is expensive

The bar and the bar staff

Location and wifi
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We left before a day and informed them first day but they didnt agree andd charge payments for me and my friend. It was not kind.

Location and wifi

Everything was excellent and even exceeded my expectations

Everything was excellent and even exceeded my expectations

Its central there restaurangs atound the hotel easy access...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

To pay for the car park it should be incl

Its central there restaurangs atound the hotel easy access to the moterway

Browse Leonardo Hotel Mönchengladbach traveller photo gallery