Reviews of Hotel Monaco

Schillerstr. 9, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80336 Munich, Germany

#214 of 349 hotels in Munich

It was 5 mins walk from Munchen railway station.
    • Single Room with shared bathroom on floor

It was 5 mins walk from Munchen railway station. On 5th floor accessible by lift. Receptionist was very nice and helpful. Room was very small the bed had the wall diagonally across the bed. No air con but a fan provided. Wifi worked well

Great Location!

My window opened to a very busy street. No A.C.! I was on 4th floor but it seemed like I was sleeping on the sidewalk!!! So ask for a quiet room if available!

Great Location! Great Value! Very close to City Center & Main Train station!

good location within walking distance from central train...

The streets outside were a bit noisy during the night.

good location within walking distance from central train station, good breakfast but you pay more (11 Euros/person, a little steep)

Great staff and very sweet accommodations.

Although, we enjoyed our stay, our room, right next to the lobby, and breakfast room, was very noisy from the outside street. Even with ear plugs, I could still hear all the loud street noise. I would recommend staying here, however asking for a room that isn't overlooking the main street.

The new modern bathroom was very nice and the beds were comfortable. The staff was also very friendly upon check-in and each time we had to get the key to go to our room.

Good but expensive.

There was too much space between the two single beds pushed together - really - the bed frames caused the beds to remain about 5” apart with an open space between.

Staff was great. The price was a little high which was frustrating. Come to find out there was an international convention going on and even the hostels had 3x their prices. Bummer. We traveled last minute and had to take what we could find. The location was good-very close to train station.

Perfect place to stay if you need a quiet and cozy room.

Two small beds instead of single big that I expected for me being alone. The neighborhood was pretty much what you could expect near the major transportation hub. Quite ethnic, in particular.

Reasonable Hotel

Lot of Noise was in the surrounding and on the road. Face difficulty in sleeping .

Room was good and location was perfect . Very near to main bus and train stations.

I liked how close this was to the main train station.

I liked how close this was to the main train station. The neighborhood is a bit rough in the evenings, but we were staying inside, so it didn't affect us. The staff are incredibly accommodating and helpful, but the facility does not take credit cards for payment. This is something that would have been good to know before we got there.

the room was very spacious and warm

the neighborhood itself was a little sketchy so didn't spend much time exploring restaurants and the area beside the hotel but as soon as you get to the end of the block it got better. However can't really complain as it was 10 mins from the Marienplatz

the room was very spacious and warm

The bedrooms were very tidy and clean, and we were able to...

I think someone next door was smoking at night and the smell was strong in my room. Would be better to restrict smokers at a certain time. It does get loud at night however if you're a deep sleeper like me, it should be fine.

The bedrooms were very tidy and clean, and we were able to check in earlier than arranged.

Lots of cherubs in our room!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

The double bed was literally 2 twin beds (frames & all) pushed together. There was a big gap between the frames -the mattresses were nowhere near each other. Didn’t realize the bathroom was shared when booking, but it was fine. Not the cleanest, but not filthy either.

Great price & location. Rita at the reception is awesome!

It is good if you want a place to spend the night close to the city center!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

The bedroom was a bit cold and we could find more blankets. The doors are quite old, it took me a while to be able to close my bedroom door. It was a bit noise in the morning. People open and closing doors at 7h30 in the morning and walking in the floor above. I don't think it was guest because the staff told us we were alone on our floor, maybe it was the staff checking something. The decorations is nice but maybe too much, in my opinion. Other people may like but the angels in particular were a bit creepy (but fun).

Staff was very friendly, looks like a familiar business. In a board by the desk was a board with my name to welcome me. They have some cute details to feel you welcome. It was very clean, even that the toilet was shared with other rooms.

Great location close to the Hbf, very friendly staff, very...

Weak WIFI signal, the strong smell of smoke from the stairs/halls (probably) from the residential apartments below the hotel

Great location close to the Hbf, very friendly staff, very cute/updated rooms, great price compared to other nearby hotels

The quality worth the money you pay

At the arrival we didnt have any soap or anything in the room , so we had to ask for it At the reception they couldnt find our reservation, it took them 5 minutes to find it in their records

Was really warm in the room

Good location for oktoberfest, but not the vibe.

Loud noise throughout the night because of the location. Had to return a large and bulky key every time leaving the hotel, so had to speak to the concierge constantly for a key. A hassle and annoying.

Very quaint and cute rooms.

Budget hotel with Fair money Value

Elevator was only reaching up to 5th floor and i was staying in 6th. some missing personal care at bathroom was not expected.

location was perfect close to city center , staff are very friendly especially Christine was very helpful.

Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming.

As other people have mentioned, there was noise from the street below (we were on the 4th floor), which ran well into the night. With the windows closed, though, it wasn't a problem.

Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The location was excellent, being near the main train station and just a short walk to the old town. The room was very clean.

A very cordial greeting, lovely room, so many special...

It was perfect

A very cordial greeting, lovely room, so many special touches, great breakfast. two blocks from train station. Have stayed there twice before, would recommend to everyone

Enjoyed it a lot, would love to come back!

The street can be pretty noisy, closing the windows helped though!

Super cute! Very very friendly people. Clean room and bathroom. Delicious breakfast! Also near everything, 3 minutes walk to the central station, 3 minutes walk to the pedestrian area.

The breakfast was excellent and exactly as pictured.

Seedy area with strip clubs and gambling parlors and much noise throughout the night. We never felt completely unsafe, but you also need to be aware. Its very close to train station and an easy walk to more desirable sites (Marienplatz, etc).

The breakfast was excellent and exactly as pictured. Room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was so very nice and helpful. We received a lot of good advice about exploring Munich. They made us feel completely welcome.

Close to train station and "night life"

Wifi was very spotty. Often had to go into the hall for a connection. There are several strip clubs in the basements of several buildings on the street. It was totally fine until 10 or so at night, when the street would get busy and noisy until 4 am. Closing the windows kept out the sound, but early the next morning, the street would smell of urine and beer, and there was broken glass on the street. It would get cleaned up first thing and you'd never know by 8am. It wasn't a problem and I felt very safe. That's life in a city.

The staff was very nice. Close to train station and central city. Large room with 3 single beds. There's a great Turkish Doner shop around the corner and a Coffee Fellows a block away. I loved Munich!

Cosy room in a great location

Though it was the cheapest available it was still a little pricey, but we did book last minute so that's probably why. The room on the 6th floor was very, very hot. It had a fan, and both windows were open, but it was still an uncomfortable sleep.

Really good location, only a couple minutes walk from the station. The staff were super friendly and helpful and the rooms very cosy

A warm and friendly place, 2 blocks from the Hauptbahanhof central station.

Very little. Great for the season traveler.

The staff was the best. Starts with a warm welcome from the front desk. The very Warm Christine. Breakfast was a great start to the day.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Friendly, clean, and good value

Going out at night close to the hotel

Staff were great. Continental breakfast was very good but you pay a fair price for this. Location great but the area can be a bit iffy after dark

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

It's not recommended
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

Location: this hotel is near the red light district of Munich Facilities: old hotel with very little innovation Cleanliness: smell of bathroom and towels are horrible Comfort: it's noisy and I also have a mistake to book a room that share a bathroom with two other rooms. The problem is the three rooms and bathroom are very closed to each other it wakes you up when someone go to the bathroom or simply open/close their own door In short, I book for two nights but after one night I change the hotel and pay the penalty of 80% for the second day If you in Munich I recommend the other brands with the same price like Motel One it's much more better

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

I like hotel receptionist they are the best staff I have...

I like hotel receptionist they are the best staff I have ever met before. Ex give high welcome on the day you arrived, good explanation for city tours and most important things they are so kind!

Delightful accommodation
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

I didn't feel the safest walking around this area but I didn't ever feel scared. This would not stop me from booking here again though.

The bed is so comfy and the staff were exquisite. They helped us in anyway way that we needed and if we had any problems, they would immediately take care of it. I would completely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Very central.

The area around Hbf has degraded in recent years but you can't beat the location and accessibility to Hbf or Stauchus to get anywhere or walk to the shops.

Very central. Excellent staff. Very clean and comfortable. Nice rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast is good, nothing too special. Excellent value overall.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Just Ok-Ok

old interiors , location of hotel - its on 4th 5th floor of apartment like building. breakfast option were not adequate.

near to station , big room , good staff.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Reception 5'th floor, the receptionist does not issue...

Reception 5'th floor, the receptionist does not issue invoice, stating that through booking is made reservation and that from them (booking.com) I should ask invoice te be issued. In the room are quite used furniture, especially bed is not so confortable

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Staff was welcoming, location close to the Central station...

Extra space would be great but not essential. I didn't understand why I was charged on my credit card even after we checked-in to the hotel. Usually, hotels ask about the preferable option of payment.

Staff was welcoming, location close to the Central station metro, fair price, cosy design

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Really cute place and hospitable hotel, i would recommend it...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

Really cute place and hospitable hotel, i would recommend it to anyone who want to stay near the Hauptbahnhof. Good breakfast and the best stuff ever :)))))

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

This hotel is close to the train station which is also close to erotic shops and clubs. No big deal,
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

We had a room with two single beds instead of one queen size bed. Next time I will call and talk to them about getting a room with one double bed.

The location was very good for us because it is very close to the main train station. Also, th breakfast is outstanding. The staff is very nice.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Great location, good size room, friendly staff with a 24/7 reception, great breakfast.

It was noisy in the wee hours, from outside revellers as I think a bar closes just across the road, and they all come out about 2am or 2.30am. We heard people shouting every night which was unfortunate.

Great breakfasts, lovely size room and close to train, bus, and walking distance to platz's. Loved all the quirky touches.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Most reasonably priced hotel we could find during the Octoberfest. Dodgy neighborhood, nice hotel.

Neighborhood is a bit dodgy and seems to be the red light district at night... but the hotel itself is fine.

Staff were lovely, room was small but clean and comfortable. Location was right next to the main train station which is what we needed. The town center is a short walk as was the Octoberfest, so that was great.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Cute hotel in an overly old school nunnery.
    • Single Room with shared bathroom on floor

The staff was pretty 17th century. My younger brother was pretty sick and couldn't find his hotel so I brought him to my room to help him calm down and dry off (it was pouring) and the attendents freaked out saying how inappropriate it is to have some one of the opposite sex in an unmarried woman's room. (Mind you there were couples present at this hotel). They wouldn't even let me explain who he was or why he was there they just kept talking over me and shaming me for having a man in my room. They also came into my room unannounced the next day to check to see if I was alone. Also the breakfast was in no way worth the the 18€ they charged me for both days. Skip the breakfast and go around the corner for cheap, filling meals.

He location was great for Oktoberfest and the room was cute

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

A Friendly Hotel in the Heart of Munich

My wife and I are from Chicago, and spent 10 days in Munich during August 2016. We used Hotel Monaco as a base to explore Bavaria, using the train station for day trips to all of the sites from Salzburg to the Castles/Palaces to the Alps. The train station also has the convenient Lufthansa bus service to the airport. The hotel has the feel of a bed and breakfast, has very friendly staff, and the breakfast is fantastic. It is in a great location, as it is close to the train station, and all of the sites, museums, restaurants, and beer halls of the old city are within walking distance. Munich is such a great city, and we would definitely stay here again if our travels bring us back. It may not have all of the thrills of a 5 star hotel, but if you are out on the town all day, and just need a friendly place to rest before the next days adventure, this hotel is a great choice.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Very unique and comfortable place.

Taken back at first by the neighborhood, and noise, then realized my window was open and it was not that bad, just a colorful neighborhood

Very helpful staff with our travel plans and getting around Munich. Very clean and comfortable, great beds!!! Place has easy access and convenient. Especially to the train and bus station. I would stay there again!

Good, but noisy area

Very noisy during the night if your window faces the street

Personnel is very friendly. Convenient location.

Practical fleixble place

Payments only in Cash

Central location, it was not so comfortable and expensive for such quality.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

Shared toilet & bathroom were not convenient. The cost of the room was not equivalent to the quality of the room.

Fair

No AC TINY ROOM SHARED FACILITIES

Very dodgy not an area to be at night

Hot. No aircon.

Hot. No aircon.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

If it’s not for the breakfast and fast internet, the stay won’t be good at all.

No aircon. The room and the bathroom is too small.

The breakfast was excellent.

Good place close to station and center

The wifi connection was not very good in our room.

The staff was extremely kind and the room was very clean.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

The staff was very friendly and helpful, made us feel like...

The staff was very friendly and helpful, made us feel like we were at home.

It was a short trip for two days. Managable for one day.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

The beds were not comfortable, shorter blankets and the heaters were not working properly.

Near to the Munich main station.

All

All

Friendly Staff, close to train station & city centre,...

Friendly Staff, close to train station & city centre, great breakfast, quaint room

Spacious and clean room.

Might be noisy at night if you have a street room.

Spacious and clean room.

Interesting and funny room decorations.

There was no wifi access in my room most of the time. I wish there was an electric kettle.

Interesting and funny room decorations.

Cute hotel in a good location for walking to sights

It was loud at night

Cute hotel. Very friendly host Christina. Comfortable beds. Great location

Affordable and good location

Shared bathroom

Location close to main central train station

Very cute room and tasty breakfast, welcoming and helpful...

Very cute room and tasty breakfast, welcoming and helpful staff

Hotel Monaco has a very convenient location near Munich HBF with a very delightful staff!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

The staff was delightful, the room was clean and decorated in a traditional Bavarian style, and the breakfast was delicious!

Shared bathroom

Excellent place in a very good location.

The room was one of the best we've been in: perfectly furnished, cosyt, a very good size.

Great little hotel for stay alone or with partner
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

A little pricey but to be expected during Oktoberfest

Great location near train station & amenities near city

Comfortable
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

Expensive for a small room with shared bathroom

Clean, good breakfast

Cute rooms

Noisy neighbourhood

The rooms, close to main station and most places to visit.

The bedroom is very cozy, family style~

The bedroom is very cozy, family style~ breakfast is great.

FANTASTIC VALUE!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

Wonderful staff and excellent breakfast.

Good place for budget stay next to downtown of Munich

None.

Wide and clean rooms, good location, friendly staff, fast wifi.

The senior lady who works there is very nice and friendly!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom on floor

The senior lady who works there is very nice and friendly! The room was clean and lovely, just like the pictures on-line.

A charming bargain!

The friendliness of all of the staff. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and charming.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Hotel wonderful.

Location was scary Strippers on street trying to get men inside.

Breakfast great. Staff great. Room comfortable

Welcoming Accomodations

Close to downtown and Marienplatz. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Felt very comfy and cozy. Breakfast was awesome.

Breakfast was good.

Noises at night No TV Shower was a hand held one which was awkward

Breakfast was good. With choices Roomy

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Same as shown in the photos

Romantic and beautiful rooms

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Lovely place to stay at❤

The cleanliness and the location of the place. 😊

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

The internet in the room was very bad

Internet

The internet in the room was very bad

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great place to stay

Great location and super cute! Staff were wonderful. Appreciated being able to leave our luggage overnight while we spent the night in Rothenburg

Friendly staff, nice breafast, very central,typical Bavarian...

Friendly staff, nice breafast, very central,typical Bavarian decoration, spacy room

Browse Hotel Monaco traveller photo gallery